Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Irish Guard BC2 Server

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

I would have stayed on for another hour or so but as I said I had a CTD so I did not bother coming back on as I was mad from losing all the points I had...

Check this out this is what you need for them punk as CG NOOBS!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4ebtj1jR7c&feature=related

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Ok why can i never find this server.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    I would have stayed on for another hour or so but as I said I had a CTD so I did not bother coming back on as I was mad from losing all the points I had...

Check this out this is what you need for them punk as CG NOOBS!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4ebtj1jR7c&feature=related

You don't lose your points, but they get reset on the server - your points are still added to your account as soon as you leave a server.

Unlike BF2 / 2142, your account gets updated when you leave the server, NOT at the end of the round.

Nice shotgun, but this would be better

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

also I was on the "weaker" side last night for 3 rounds and we were down 2 players nearly 100% of the time.....not a peep out of the others who were moaning here last week about equal teams....guess it does not matter when they were running amuck last night
    As one of the moaners :D, if I was on the server last night when it was uneven I apologise for missing the in game chat asking to even the teams!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

your server is down

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭fightin snr

your server is down

Seems to be a few down :confused:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

yeah there was a problem with the EA servers earlier this afternoon. Servers need to be restarted.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

From our GSP
    Hi there,

After numerous Plasma back-end restarts performed today by EA, there appears to be handful of servers globally that are unable to reconnect or stay connected for sustained period of time.

EA-IT are aware of the problem and most likely Plasma will again need to be restarted in order to correct the issue.

As soon as DICE/EA confirm a time for the Plasma restart, another email will be sent out.

Kind regards

KillerCreation Staff

lafortezza wrote: »
    As one of the moaners :D, if I was on the server last night when it was uneven I apologise for missing the in game chat asking to even the teams!

Its all good mate...you prolly MISSED it as you were on the best side so were selective in your viewing.

I take the rough with the smooth, its how it goes.

Ok whats the server full name, can never find it on the search.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,263 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Ok whats the server full name, can never find it on the search.

Search for TiG should be enough. Bear in mind it's case sensitive. I'm in there now, trying to get a game going.

Nice one found it.

Will be on tonite if I can re finf the fookin server....:rolleyes:

was on it last night. nobody else was on. stayed on for about 10 minutes in the hope some other peeps would connect, but nope

WTF..is up with the server. I mean I only joined [TiG] to get a fookin space on the server!!!!!

LMAO....

Now we need to take out fookin ads to get peeps on...hell even [TiG] guys are not playin the game much now! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

hell even [TiG] guys are not playin the game much now! :(

Thats cos the knife was nerfed and we all know how much the TiG guys like their knifing sprees :pac:
    Wait till the next patch and the server will be jammed with people again!

There was a decent few on between 6.30 and 9.00. bloody knife bug does'nt affect thespearman apparently(wish it did).

We were on the CI server, ours was empty :(

I'm on most nights, but our server is rarely full.

Pity really, its better than the CI server which I find a little buggy when it comes to hit detection and lag (I have a high-ish ping on there for some reason).

It was the opposite at the start, sfa on craggy, so i went to TIG. Left at 9 to catch a bit of the fulham match, came back at 9.30, TiG was empty and craggy was banging.

I found that the other night on the CI server aswell the hit detection...but only really in the 1st round I joined. The next round was okay though. I remember when I started playing on the [TiG] server at first the hit detection was some of the worst I ever experienced....

IMHO you gotta rent the server off the big boys like Multi-play etc....it might be a tad dearer but they are the best. Even when the servers were down I was playing on a couple of multiplay servers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,844 ✭✭✭shootermacg

I'm just sitting at work remembering some of the old battlefield 2 maps, ain't work grand ^ ^. I kinda miss it tbh. 2042 was pretty good, but some of the city BF2 maps were sweet. Pity I lost my old bf2 disk when I moved house awwww!

I'm just sitting at work remembering some of the old battlefield 2 maps, ain't work grand ^ ^. I kinda miss it tbh. 2042 was pretty good, but some of the city BF2 maps were sweet. Pity I lost my old bf2 disk when I moved house awwww!

Jayzuz, I must have missed that release!!

If you want to play BF2 - just buy it again, you get it for next to nothing these days, and with all of the add-on's being free to download (patch 1.5) its still actually quite an enjoyable game :)

Doh! 2142 ^ ^.
    I try not to get too retro with my FPS choice, I love when a game is out and the crowds are playing, so I won't be buying it. Saying that I do hear that BF2 is still going strong.

Doh! 2142 ^ ^.
    I try not to get too retro with my FPS choice, I love when a game is out and the crowds are playing, so I won't be buying it. Saying that I do hear that BF2 is still going strong.

Yeah, I last played it a couple of months ago, (not installed at the moment) and there were no shortage of servers about :)

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Scram

hope to be on the server tonight finshed exams today..

I remember you Tig guys played BattleField Vietam? i used to love that game..id still play it now if i had the game but i expect its dead. Anyone else like/remember it?

Scram wrote: »
    hope to be on the server tonight finshed exams today..

I remember you Tig guys played BattleField Vietam? i used to love that game..id still play it now if i had the game but i expect its dead. Anyone else like/remember it?

Wow that's a blast from the past, almost forgot that game actually existed.
    It was good fun alright, I remember the cong has an auto spawn and it had a good soundtrack and that's about all I can remember.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Scram wrote: »

Still have Vietnam installed--still cant hit anything or fly choppers though :D:D
    Still a class game though.

Was also playing BF2 the other night--Some Karkand only server and its still as good as it ever was.

Cant ever see either of these 2 games being beaten for clan play in all fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

Also still have Nam installed, loads of TiG play it on and off. We spent about a month playing it nearly every evening there a while back.

Thats the great thing about games. Good games remain good for years. Reinstall the orginal enemy territory. Play that with a couple of your mates, still one of the best games ever, same for BF1942. The more dev's add to games the more can go wrong with them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

I miss BFV

<sheds tear>

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

karma_ wrote: »
    I miss BFV

<sheds tear>

I`d be well up for a Nam/Bf2 night--even a DC night.
    Get all this Bad Company 2 stuff out of my system.

Advertisement