Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Irish Guard BC2 Server

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

TiG going to any LANs this summer? I see theres a money prize for BC2 at Respawn :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Scram

Yeah i totaly agree some great times with BFV and BF 1942 i remember some great maps BF 1942 had El Alaman and the one with the bridge ahh god good times. Sold my copies of those games years ago..i wish i hadnt now lol.

I remember seeing you TiG guys in BFV years ago and going "wow an irish clan":)

Hellrazer wrote: »
    I`d be well up for a Nam/Bf2 night--even a DC night.
    Get all this Bad Company 2 stuff out of my system.

is there anywhere i can buy BFV online? ive not seen it anwhere id love to play it for oul times sake:)

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

TiG going to any LANs this summer? I see theres a money prize for BC2 at Respawn :pac:

That must be console only as theres no server files to be used at lan?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

KERRRR CHINGGGGGGGG!!!!!! ;)

• Advertisement

Scram wrote: »
    is there anywhere i can buy BFV online? ive not seen it anwhere id love to play it for oul times sake:)

http://www.amazon.com/Battlefield-Vietnam-Pc/dp/B0001AO01Y

Just kopped this is in the USA but I bet you get it in the UK also...even play.com

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

Scram wrote: »

ebay my friend.

one ends tommorow @ 3 quid

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

TheFairy wrote: »
    That must be console only as theres no server files to be used at lan?

Nope it's definately PC. I already PM'd the organizer about it, he hasn't got back to me yet

ugh! /ragequits

I swear...

The minute I joined, was in a team where we were basically getting spawnraped til the end. Was a total joke. Didn't brighten my mood for the other two games.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Played a Squad Deathmatch just now on Tig, pretty good fun, close score.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

lafortezza wrote: »
    Played a Squad Deathmatch just now on Tig, pretty good fun, close score.

Sorry lads.. 2 white screens of death so I just gave up but was good fun besides that. Great way to make it interesting with only 8 players

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Have to say havent enjoyed a game of BC2 as much as that round last night.

No snipers,little or no noob tubing and feck all CG killing(cept for Fairy)

Really made the game enjoyable.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,263 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

No snipers,little or no noob tubing and feck all CG killing(cept for Fairy)

Use the Neostead on him in such circumstances, he seems to hold a special place in his heart for that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Aye, the squad mode for BC2 is good, but I'd prefer for there to be more options to customize the servers, to make some of the Rush maps inf only. An inf-only "Rush" of Africa Harbour would be fun to see how it would pan out.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,263 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

the_syco wrote: »
    Aye, the squad mode for BC2 is good, but I'd prefer for there to be more options to customize the servers, to make some of the Rush maps inf only. An inf-only "Rush" of Africa Harbour would be fun to see how it would pan out.

Hence the inf-only option in next weeks patch.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

An inf-only "Rush" of Africa Harbour would be fun to see how it would pan out.

Can just picture it now 30 snipers on a server with 2 assault running around with a million ammo points.

Love the 2nd stage of africa harbour on rush.

Sorry guys....my Broadband went at 11pm last night and is still not back ffs.....There is a problem in the 046 area so anyone with BT/Vodaphone is in deep ****.

I rang vodaphone a shouted at a few "Mongo's" so we see if I am on laterz.

BTW

It was a good game last night on that canal map (cant think name) was having a stormer when I got disconnected.

And plz dont tell me FAIRY was running around with a CG....OMFG!!!! I think I killed someone with the CG last night but he ran infront of the rocket as I was firing at a tank whor3 :D

Can just picture it now 30 snipers on a server with 2 assault running around with a million ammo points.

Love the 2nd stage of africa harbour on rush.

Nah, no more snipers then usual....but on a HC server....FORGETTTABOOUUTTTIT :eek:

:mad:

Have been offline for the last two days guys....

Should be back on tonite if my piss poor new BROADBAND holds up....this fooking country. Was with BT (formally ESAT) for like 10 yrs or so broadband would go down like once every 6mths for like 5mins or some****.....

Vodafone buy out BT and get 2 downtimes and the last one is/was going on for 48hrs already....and the tech hotline...well for a hotline they are not so HOT!!!!

I hate the bollocks they spout like if you are not using the BOG STANDARD CRAP ASS utopia **** ****in modem...its YOUR €200 modem router thats the problem....dont get me started on FEMALES doing tech support...."Did you re-boot the modem sir.....GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

Any way rant over.....

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    :mad:

Have been offline for the last two days guys....

Should be back on tonite if my piss poor new BROADBAND holds up....this fooking country. Was with BT (formally ESAT) for like 10 yrs or so broadband would go down like once every 6mths for like 5mins or some****.....

Vodafone buy out BT and get 2 downtimes and the last one is/was going on for 48hrs already....and the tech hotline...well for a hotline they are not so HOT!!!!

I hate the bollocks they spout like if you are not using the BOG STANDARD CRAP ASS utopia **** ****in modem...its YOUR €200 modem router thats the problem....dont get me started on FEMALES doing tech support...."Did you re-boot the modem sir.....GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

Any way rant over.....

200 euro for a router? christ:eek:

• Advertisement

Its a Belkin N series Wireless modem router with online storage capabilites..as in I can hook up a HDD to it and access it with my main PC on.

Very handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Its a Belkin N series Wireless modem router with online storage capabilites..as in I can hook up a HDD to it and access it with my main PC on.

Very handy.

I can do that be plugging a USB drive in... lol

It has a sort of NAS capability? sweet... (though, if you need your main PC on, woudl you not just add another drive to your main PC and share it over the network.. anyway, another topic altogether lol)

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

(though, if you need your main PC on, woudl you not just add another drive to your main PC and share it over the network.. anyway, another topic altogether lol)
    Maybe less lag i they're copying direct from the router, as opposed though his connection when he's gaming?

Maybe less lag i they're copying direct from the router, as opposed though his connection when he's gaming?

I'd doubt that would make the slightest bit of a difference, considering the bandwidth available on modern ethernet...

The main advantage to having a NAS through the router would be that everyone can access it, no matter who's machine was on/off.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭MR DAZ

Had some good games last night on TIG ..very close matches

@ Fairy ..shouldnt you be wearing a tu tu ? (Damn it , you'd be easier to find) :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

MR DAZ wrote: »
    Had some good games last night on TIG ..very close matches

@ Fairy ..shouldnt you be wearing a tu tu ? (Damn it , you'd be easier to find) :)

Yeah some seriously good games alright--but I think we have to change the rules a small bit.

When its 3 v3 with wonda on one side--It should really be 5 v wonda.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭MR DAZ

He's a machine... robocop wouldnt get a look in!

Yeah some seriously good games alright--but I think we have to change the rules a small bit.

When its 3 v3 with wonda on one side--It should really be 5 v wonda.

Some people say, his testes smell like napalm, and he plays using 2 keyboards...

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭BlueDrax

Some people say, his testes smell like napalm, and he plays using 2 keyboards...

I've killed him... Once... With a pistol (The heavy MG had overheated, I'd ran out of LMG ammo and the grenade had only tickled him)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

In fairness he is the best player in Ireland and probably the world! He once killed me with a tracer dart and nothing else :confused:

Advertisement