Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Irish Guard BC2 Server

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Scram

bah wonda boy was my nemisis and not for the first time lol

Also:
    I mean after about the first 20 ranks things get erm boring
    Rank well it seems to mean nothing,
    youve no weapons to get,
    nothing to really aim for or keep going.

Now i love this game well on a good day, but on a bad day i can hate the game. So what keeps you playing?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Scram wrote: »

Also:
    youve no weapons to get,

Now i love this game well on a good day, but on a bad day i can hate the game. So what keeps you playing?

Understand completely.The ranking system is a bit much after 20 or so.

But theres one badge that Im chasing and thats what keeps me playing and thats the

"Kill Wonda-boy more than once in a non flukey way in one round badge"

Gives you one billion points and ranks you up to 100000000 in one go.

Also makes him loose all his skills once this badge is achieved.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Somehow kept killing Wonda in one on ones last night. Its the sneaky up behind you and shoot you thing he beats me at a lot of the time!

I was playing shockingly crap last night all in all though.

Spearman must have got me about 15 times I'd say, my eyes just weren't working :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Yeah Dubs in them small rounds you got the drop on me.....When there are only a few of us on I just run around and charge the flags dont really put much taught into tactics or cover so its 50-50 to be honest, I was well off the pace last night....cant play soccer 2 times a week at this age.

And for the record there are very few sneaky kills with me..you ALWAYS see it coming!!!!

BTW,

I did catch you camping and STAB you some where mad sneaky after I had to climb a ladder to get away from two dudes....coz I had no ammo, really remote and sneaky it was.

Scram wrote: »

Also:
    youve no weapons to get,

I actually said to myself is this fella following me or what....I have your name SCREEN BURNED on my TFT I got you so many times....it was a tad freaky. Its like you were spawning in front of me constantly.

• Advertisement

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Understand completely.The ranking system is a bit much after 20 or so.

But theres one badge that Im chasing and thats what keeps me playing and thats the

"Kill Wonda-boy more than once in a non flukey way in one round badge"

Gives you one billion points and ranks you up to 100000000 in one go.

Also makes him loose all his skills once this badge is achieved.

LMAO...You were in my squad last night for ages Hell...and we did some great work. Then we split up, dont remember killing you much last night. Spearman got me at close quarters with that fookin shotgun a fair bit last night man I hate that bleedin gun.

Also had to change to the M60 (Even if the MG36 is better) last night for the 1st round the amount of times I got CG killed....so you fight fire with fire...

Hopefully be on tonight for a few good games. Its a pain that the server empties so quick when certain maps come on, and never recovers.

Must have been completely empty by half ten or so last night :(

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Hopefully be on tonight for a few good games. Its a pain that the server empties so quick when certain maps come on, and never recovers.

Must have been completely empty by half ten or so last night :(

Any way to take those "server emptying maps" out of the rotation?

Do you think its because of a certain map...? I dunno, seems people just get fed up in general and go....cant quite figure it out. I think its because we get alot of peeps that dont squad up and actually follow the squads makes a bad game after a few rounds.

I mean how do we take "Certain Maps" out of rotation Hell. What I hate in a map someone else would love....where do you draw the line?

Maybe it coz we PWN alot on the [TiG] server and they leave to find a NOOB one.

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    LMAO...You were in my squad last night for ages Hell...and we did some great work.
    Yeah--I just hid behind you--let you take down the enemys health and I killed em with the last shot--ended up with 7000 points in that round with awards and everything else.
    Then we split up,
    Im sad about that aswell but I really though you understood that it was me not you and we can still be friends. :D:D
    dont remember killing you much last night.
    Thats cos I hid on the other side of the map.As far away as possible.

Also had to change to the M60 (Even if the MG36 is better) last night for the 1st round the amount of times I got CG killed....so you fight fire with fire...

Same here--the amount of CG killing was ridiculous at one stage.

• Advertisement

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Any way to take those "server emptying maps" out of the rotation?

Yep. I have a specific thread on the problem, with a vote to chose the maps for the rotation, but its never been implemented :(

Typically, if Fairy or myself are on, we can change all the maps etc.

I wouldn't want to step on Fairy's toes though, he's the main admin, I just have access to the tools via Wolfcon.

But its fairly simple.

Funny thing though, the maps that are topping the vote, aren't necessarily the maps that people who ACTUALLY play on the server regularly want to play... odd one that...

TIG Map Rotation Poll

There are 8 maps there with 10/11 votes. Technically, in order to keep the masses happy, they should go into the rotation.

But there are maps on there that lots of people hate (myself included) so its hard to judge. The one night a map might come on, may be a night that everyone on hates that map.

People are fickle though, and they just leave if they don't like the map (and I'm talking about TIG members too grrr...) rather than just playing the 2 rounds to keep the server going.

@ Hellrazer
    Its so funny....

I mean, Fairy The Fook started it just to get me annoyed I know it and killed me twice in 2 mins with the CG I bet he was doubled up laughing then he went back to medic. Then before I even killed someone I was 5-0 down in my K : D ratio all by CG NOOBS

SO.....

M60 with adjusted tactics and I won the round 44-12 with 8000+ points....and guess what the very people CG'ing for the whole round are in a negative K : D.....WTF why do it if you cant even get a positive K : D....:rolleyes:

why do it if you cant even get a positive K : D

Eh--whats a positive K : D :D:D

Yep. I have a specific thread on the problem, with a vote to chose the maps for the rotation, but its never been implemented :(

Yeah I voted on that poll already.

There are 8 maps there with 10/11 votes. Technically, in order to keep the masses happy, they should go into the rotation.

No the point Im raising is that I play a fair bit on the DVDF servers and another one BUG online UK and theyre always full.And what Ive noticed is that most if not all the maps are more INF based rather than vehicle based and Im just wondering out loud if thats the reason.

People are fickle though, and they just leave if they don't like the map (and I'm talking about TIG members too grrr...) rather than just playing the 2 rounds to keep the server going.

I get you but theres nothing worse than playing a map that you just dont enjoy even if it is for only 2 rounds--Personally I just get pissed off.
    For example look at BF2--theres still servers running Karkand 24/7 and theyre still always full.Would it be worth looking at making the rotation more biased towards Infantry only maps??

Well here's the deal-breaker: the next server update (r1076578 or whatever its gonna be lol) will include an option for infantry only :)

Now, saying that, I like having some vehicles on maps, but not having a vehicle dominated map, if you get me.

So yeah, IMO the more infantry 'biased' maps should be the ones chosen from the list.

i.e no atacama etc

Well here's the deal-breaker: the next server update (r1076578 or whatever its gonna be lol) will include an option for infantry only :)

This could really make the game better.
    Now, saying that, I like having some vehicles on maps, but not having a vehicle dominated map, if you get me.

Yeah thats the difference--I hate the maps that NEED vehicles in order to progress but maps that can be played with or without are the ones that I personally enjoy.
    So yeah, IMO the more infantry 'biased' maps should be the ones chosen from the list.

I`ll offer Fairy sex(or a pizza slice) if he tries it out.
    i.e no atacama etc
    Agreed--cant stand that map.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

Inf one night, normal the next. Simples!

I've always favoured inf mode, its more even and maps end up playing completley differently, they slow down and become more tactical.

TheFairy wrote: »

Good idea Fairy.Pizza slice on the way ;)

TheFairy wrote: »

I've always favoured inf mode, its more even and maps end up playing completley differently, they slow down and become more tactical.

Its not really that SIMPLE....coz the only people who would know this are regular guys on the server. Everyone else wont know we are rotating from Infantry only to normal.

We need to do a week of inf. only and see how the numbers are, personally I think the server went arseways when we increased the server slots.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭fightin snr

Its not really that SIMPLE....coz the only people who would know this are regular guys on the server. Everyone else wont know we are rotating from Infantry only to normal.

We need to do a week of inf. only and see how the numbers are, personally I think the server went arseways when we increased the server slots.

Naw it`s cuz your a Haxzoooorr !!! and scare everyone away :P

• Advertisement

Well the trick might be to include maps that most like, but exclude any that people hate.

From my own experience, that would be:

Valparaiso Rush
    Laguna Presa Rush agus Conquest
    Laguna Alta Conquest
    Panama Canal Conquest
    White Pass Conquest
    Nelson Bay
    Rush
    Port Valdez Rush

I personally hate Atacama Desert, and not a huge fan of White Pass, but most like it. Arica Harbour I could take or leave.

We could enable server map override to have a mixed selection of map modes run.

What ye think?

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

No that would be to do with the fact that around the same time the embargo on new servers was lifted meaning that players had far more places to go. The game is just as good at 4 v 4 as it is at 12 v 12, in fact most of the time its even better.

I much prefer a smaller server as the games last longer and it gets more personal, If it goes on longer the match gets more intense and you get one or two nemesis's if you get me.

The large 32 player servers like CRAGGY ISLAND the rounds are over very quick and its not as intense. PURE RUN AND GUN - or RUN AND CG more to the point.

Things will be really good and tactical when the infantry only patch comes in....or even better if you could adjust the amount of tanks. I love the armour but some maps just have too much.

I just cant understand how Craggy Server is jammers most of the time and from early on...the [TiG] only starts at 9 and then like clock work empties at 11ish...are all of you lot watching EASTENDERS OMNIBUS or what?

Naw it`s cuz your a Haxzoooorr !!! and scare everyone away :P

LMAO...I am thinking of starting again with a new soldier....that way I would be just as good and rank 1....that will get peeps thinking....HAXXXOR!!!!!

My new man will be called:- Captain Neck Fat

Watch this space.

I much prefer a smaller server as the games last longer and it gets more personal, If it goes on longer the match gets more intense and you get one or two nemesis's if you get me.

The large 32 player servers like CRAGGY ISLAND the rounds are over very quick and its not as intense. PURE RUN AND GUN - or RUN AND CG more to the point.

Things will be really good and tactical when the infantry only patch comes in....or even better if you could adjust the amount of tanks. I love the armour but some maps just have too much.

I just cant understand how Craggy Server is jammers most of the time and from early on...the [TiG] only starts at 9 and then like clock work empties at 11ish...are all of you lot watching EASTENDERS OMNIBUS or what?

AFAIK with the new patch, admins can set the ticket count for the round, which should alleviate the round over too quick syndrome on larger servers.

What happens on TIG is, usually there are a good few tiggers on, but when one leaves there is a mass exodus form the server, leaving maybe 2 or 3 per team. Because there's so few on, everyone then leaves.

Last night however, I left TiG very late, and the server was full - I was the last TiG to leave too (probably around 1am).
    I was on squad deathmatch.

Ya see, the difference there is, squad deathmatch plays the same whether there's 4, or 16 people on, and people will join. But if there were only 4/5 on and it was conquest, everyone would leave.

I also strictly enforced the no vehicle rule, which everyone seemed to enjoy, as noone was getting raped. Apart from one spastic who after I told him to get out said 'I forgot tanks weren't allowed in war' I LOL'd...

The larger server with a higher ticket count would be great though.

I left at 12 and it was just alive.....A larger ticket count on the bigger servers would be great.

Another thing in SQDM is people leaving squads mid round...its a serious pain in the arse. As peeps rotate to join the best squad or who ever is winning, the squads should lock when there are four in it.....

I was in a full squad then on my own then I joined a 3 man team and that fell apart with peeps leaving swapping or so....

I left at 12 and it was just alive.....A larger ticket count on the bigger servers would be great.

Another thing in SQDM is people leaving squads mid round...its a serious pain in the arse. As peeps rotate to join the best squad or who ever is winning, the squads should lock when there are four in it.....

I was in a full squad then on my own then I joined a 3 man team and that fell apart with peeps leaving swapping or so....

Well that may be due to the fact I think Fairy has the server set to scramble teams every round.

But the server filled right up a while after you left. Was good craic, though a HELL of a lot of CGing going on...

I left when it switched to White Pass again. I bloody hate that map.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Must say that squad death match was good, first time playing it. Hands sore from switching the mouse to look around, not easy not knowing where the enemy is. and i hate gustavs.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

As Wonda-Boy said, I aim extra-hard for the people who leave their squad mid-round just because they feel that their squad isn't good enough for them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Yeah there was a lot of CG whoring tonight, good games tho. My internet connection dropped out and I didn't bother going back on after came back

Advertisement