Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Irish Guard BC2 Server

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Dubs,

I was on day yesterday and stopped at about 9ish, last night was the only night I was not on late.

As for the SQDM it would be a laugh alrite....we could disable the ranking and have a CG only or even just KNIFES!!!!

Great craic.

BTW,

There is another great Irish server that is always packed its the "IRISH PIRATES" really good server, although I have yet to come across an IRISH guy on the thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Dubs,

I was on day yesterday and stopped at about 9ish, last night was the only night I was not on late.

As for the SQDM it would be a laugh alrite....we could disable the ranking and have a CG only or even just KNIFES!!!!

Great craic.

BTW,

There is another great Irish server that is always packed its the "IRISH PIRATES" really good server, although I have yet to come across an IRISH guy on the thing!

Saw you on alright, but didn't get a chance to play myself until about 10ish.

Did you install the new drivers?? They seem good for 5970 from what I can tell over on Guru3d

I did install them and got one or two quick screen flashes of black....initially. But they seem fine at the moment, will have a proper gaming session tonite with Dirt2 and the likes to check them out proper.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Scram

dam Tig dead tonight, CI sorta dead and almost every other server i play on. Tried the 24/7 actama desert was great for a bit till some folks started slagging off each other and server died as people left.

Took me 2 hours to get a decent server and a good game. was on some french server playing rush which i hate but wow awesome game our squad was like best squad in 6 games, then my PC crashes and i got a blue screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭shootermacg

Scram wrote: »
    dam Tig dead tonight, CI sorta dead and almost every other server i play on. Tried the 24/7 actama desert was great for a bit till some folks started slagging off each other and server died as people left.

Took me 2 hours to get a decent server and a good game. was on some french server playing rush which i hate but wow awesome game our squad was like best squad in 6 games, then my PC crashes and i got a blue screen.

Yep it was a bit dead alright, I played some team deathmatch on some UK server, 4 vs 4, reminds me how good the crowd are on the craggy and tig servers, I scored most of the 50 points myself ^ ^.
    Then played some 6 vs 6 rush on craggy and was brought straight down to earth :D

• Advertisement

You can be in my squad any time shooter....but yeah [TiG] was empty when I logged on so had a few rounds on the IRISH PIRATES server then Craggy Island.

great games on Tig server last night and on Craggy:)

Wonday Boy as usual was my nemesis:(

You are one unlucky fook I tell ya, If you fell into a barrell full of breasts you would come out sucking your THUMB!!!

If I kill you in one place and run across the map you constantly spawn in front of me its MAD! :eek:

You are one unlucky fook I tell ya, If you fell into a barrell full of breasts you would come out sucking your THUMB!!!

If I kill you in one place and run across the map you constantly spawn in front of me its MAD! :eek:

i know i always hope im never on the opposite team you are on...

still though gg 2nite:)

Good to see the [TiG] server full again, can only manage a round at a time sitting at my desk with my leg in bits.....but its getting better then I br 100%......

Hope all the TIGGERS on again later tonite.

• Advertisement

Was on late enough last night myself, and the server was still full :)

I logged on at 9ish and the [TiG] server had only 2 places....(I really need to get that WOLFCON) and craggy had only 1 on. So I had two rounds before I had to leave, I was pissed I had to go coz the rounds were KICKIN.

BTW,

This latest patch is really takin its pissin time innit.....just when I am getting comfortable with the guns again after the last patch that forced me not to use the X48 LMG Medic anymore it suxxxs now & I HATE the MG36 scope and the TG88 sounds terrible...LMAO. Everything will get fooked again.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

TiG disappeared from my faves :o

It happens alot....wish the friends list worked aswell.....Ah FUG' it

It happens alot....wish the friends list worked aswell.....Ah FUG' it

The friends list seems to be working again the past few days.

Favourites is still buggered though.

after the last patch that forced me not to use the X48 LMG Medic anymore it suxxxs now & I HATE the MG36 scope and the TG88 sounds terrible...LMAO. Everything will get fooked again.

Which brings on the discussionn about you fav guns ^ ^.

Been using the XM8 for it's nice sights although it's a bit weaker and pretty poor at range, but the sights are sweet.
    For the eng it's the P2000 for me, love that gun!
    Assault AN94 is everyones fav without a doubt.
    personally I couldn't give a toss about the sniper guns...cept maybe the shotties ^ ^.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,608 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Joined for a few rounds last night, glad that the server's playing Rush map & not infantry-only: I bought the game 'cos it's Battlefield, it's supposed to features vehicles damnit! If I wanted infantry shenanigans I'd play CoD :)

Also, anyone else use the M1 Garand much - I got it by registering my old BF1942 serials & generally find it a powerful rifle at mid->long range (shame you can't drop a red-dot scope on it)

Play the game long enough and you will NEVER use that rifle^^^^. Yes its powerfull but the reload time is CRAZY and it only holds about 5-6 bullets or something not to mention it fires really slowly....you will spend the round reloading!

I would love to come up against anyone armed with that....unless its a pure flucky shot you going down 99.9% of the time unless its long range. But great to mess around with the odd time.

Which brings on the discussionn about you fav guns ^ ^.

Been using the XM8 for it's nice sights although it's a bit weaker and pretty poor at range, but the sights are sweet.
    For the eng it's the P2000 for me, love that gun!
    Assault AN94 is everyones fav without a doubt.
    personally I couldn't give a toss about the sniper guns...cept maybe the shotties ^ ^.

Have to say I did ADORE the X48 LMG but its far to weak now and it was never the best medic gun. They should have nerfed the M60 and left the rest. I FORCED MYSELF to use the M16 the other night for a full round coz I did think it was terrible and I tell ya it might be better then the A9-4N less damage but fires alot faster and seems to recoil less...and it looks better.

The bog standard Engi gun is the business....I LOVE it....shame it only holds 20 bullets coz thats when I get killed the most RELOADING the thing. I got a K : D score the other night on craggy 42-12 with the engi gun (10 or so in tank) it really is a super little gun.

I'm nearly finished with the AN-9. 90~ kills left for my Platinum badge.

Might switch to medic for a while then, and build up my G36 kills.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Yeah G36 is a savage gun, currenlty going for the plat in that. Best all-round LMG there imo. Might be worth trying the mg3 after the next patch, they're meant to bump it up. It's hopeless at the moment. Had a ridulous round with it there the other night, getting guys halfways acros the map and taking out 2-3 at at time in close quarters.

M16 impressed the hell out of me at first, went with the AN-94 and really have'nt looked back. Switched back to the m16 after the AN plat but after a day or so went back to the AN. For range the AN is hard to beat also the m16 3 round burst versus the AN 2 round means you run out of ammo quicker.

Yeah G36 is a savage gun, currenlty going for the plat in that. Best all-round LMG there imo. Might be worth trying the mg3 after the next patch, they're meant to bump it up. It's hopeless at the moment. Had a ridulous round with it there the other night, getting guys halfways acros the map and taking out 2-3 at at time in close quarters.

M16 impressed the hell out of me at first, went with the AN-94 and really have'nt looked back. Switched back to the m16 after the AN plat but after a day or so went back to the AN. For range the AN is hard to beat also the m16 3 round burst versus the AN 2 round means you run out of ammo quicker.

Yeah you can keep the AN-94 pretty much on full auto with good aim by a bit of tapping, that's hard to beat.

Have to say I did ADORE the X48 LMG but its far to weak now and it was never the best medic gun. They should have nerfed the M60 and left the rest. I FORCED MYSELF to use the M16 the other night for a full round coz I did think it was terrible and I tell ya it might be better then the A9-4N less damage but fires alot faster and seems to recoil less...and it looks better.

The bog standard Engi gun is the business....I LOVE it....shame it only holds 20 bullets coz thats when I get killed the most RELOADING the thing. I got a K : D score the other night on craggy 42-12 with the engi gun (10 or so in tank) it really is a super little gun.

The P2000 has a crazy aim and pisses bullets but, you can just about take down two with it. I lol everytime it runs out in the middle of killing the second guy. It's also a great run and gun type, seems pretty accurate from the hip.
    The starter gun is rediculous at range but as you said 20 slugs and no infantry around + a tracer gun is no fun lol, I've been there!

Had some good games last night on TiG, looked at the clock and it was 2:30 am yikes! Think the dub-gun joined around 2AM lol.
    All I remember was him saying wtf?? after we took B, it was a tough fight, looked real bad until some hero took the tank down to the mcom and set it off lol.

Had some good games last night on TiG, looked at the clock and it was 2:30 am yikes! Think the dub-gun joined around 2AM lol.
    All I remember was him saying wtf?? after we took B, it was a tough fight, looked real bad until some hero took the tank down to the mcom and set it off lol.

Yeah, I'd only joined, we had feck all tickets, and hadn't even gotten past the second set of Mcons!

Team was brutal :(

Few good games were had last night lads - good craic!

Fuzzy - my game crashed last night, and couldn't have been ar$ed re-loading it!

Yeah great stuff....server was a tad slow and then got going again. Why dont the maps change on the server it keeps playing the same map, attack and defend, attack and defend....FFS.

I think Dubs changed the map last night thanx god, coz it was doing my fuggin head in.

See you lot on the battlefield laterzzz..

Yeah great stuff....server was a tad slow and then got going again. Why dont the maps change on the server it keeps playing the same map, attack and defend, attack and defend....FFS.

I think Dubs changed the map last night thanx god, coz it was doing my fuggin head in.

See you lot on the battlefield laterzzz..

I did indeed. 3 rounds of Nelson bay is enough to drive anyone mad.

I find myself getting pretty bored with the guns now. I find myself changing guns alot during a round, unless its a tight round and its pretty close.

Is it just me or does no one else find the zoomed scope on the MG36 too slow...and it flashes black for a split second when starting the zoom...IT DOES MY HEAD IT THAT. Maybe you dont use the zoom and use the red dot so it would not affect the zoom. Maybe I am a Twitch Gamer but I need that bad boy ready to rock, that split second delay and the opponent moves left or right and you be DEAD.

Also the stats on the T88 suggest its more then a match for the M60 and MG36 guns but I beg to differ....its not that good I dont think. I find myself playing medic less and less now....:( and more engineer and assault

• Advertisement

Well as soon as I get 35 more AN kills (I think) I won't be using Assault as much. Need to use other kits a bit more - haven't even unlocked all the sniper weapons yet - I bloomin' hate playing with that kit!

The T-88 isn't a great gun, haven't used it much, but thats probably why.

The G36 is pretty good, and the M60 is as powerful as ever - loads of people (including you!) been n00bing with it again lately I notice...

Advertisement