Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Irish Guard BC2 Server

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,844 ✭✭✭shootermacg

Well as soon as I get 35 more AN kills (I think) I won't be using Assault as much. Need to use other kits a bit more - haven't even unlocked all the sniper weapons yet - I bloomin' hate playing with that kit!

The T-88 isn't a great gun, haven't used it much, but thats probably why.

The G36 is pretty good, and the M60 is as powerful as ever - loads of people (including you!) been n00bing with it again lately I notice...

I got all my sniper unlocks with a shotgun ^ ^.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Well as soon as I get 35 more AN kills (I think) I won't be using Assault as much. Need to use other kits a bit more - haven't even unlocked all the sniper weapons yet - I bloomin' hate playing with that kit!

The T-88 isn't a great gun, haven't used it much, but thats probably why.

The G36 is pretty good, and the M60 is as powerful as ever - loads of people (including you!) been n00bing with it again lately I notice...

Nah Dubs, I have not selected it in ages. I know the round you on about. I use the 1st engi gun and only carrie€s about 100 bullets total. So I get a few kills and I out of ammo so I kill a medic and 9/10 times they have the M60....then I dont get killed for a little bit and peeps think I run around with it all night....LMAO.

I have been asking for ammo like a bleedin madman lately.

AND FYI I DONT NOOB - PERIOD!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Yeah defo sniper with a shotgun, you would'nt believe the amount of people who run at you thinking you've a sniper rifle, ready to knife you, only to get their heads blown off.

Yeah defo sniper with a shotgun, you would'nt believe the amount of people who run at you thinking you've a sniper rifle, ready to knife you, only to get their heads blown off.

LMAO....yeah I did that a few times with SPEARMAN sadly....:(

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭MR DAZ

Yeah tried to play with you guys last night..

damn but the mobile dongle just wasnt meant for gaming :(

Got my ass handed to me on a plate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    LMAO....yeah I did that a few times with SPEARMAN sadly....:(

Anytime i run around a corner and wait and someone follows me, the "say hello to my little friend from scarface" goes through my mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

MR DAZ wrote: »
    Yeah tried to play with you guys last night..

damn but the mobile dongle just wasnt meant for gaming :(

Got my ass handed to me on a plate.

Yeah they're shocking. Pings are usually over 200 with those dongles.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

I find myself getting pretty bored with the guns now. I find myself changing guns alot during a round, unless its a tight round and its pretty close.

Is it just me or does no one else find the zoomed scope on the MG36 too slow...and it flashes black for a split second when starting the zoom...IT DOES MY HEAD IT THAT. Maybe you dont use the zoom and use the red dot so it would not affect the zoom. Maybe I am a Twitch Gamer but I need that bad boy ready to rock, that split second delay and the opponent moves left or right and you be DEAD.

Also the stats on the T88 suggest its more then a match for the M60 and MG36 guns but I beg to differ....its not that good I dont think. I find myself playing medic less and less now....:( and more engineer and assault
    I recently got the platinum stars with the M60 and AN, been lookng at other guns that are fun to use. I realised that the recoil control is far far more important than damage or rate of fire. The gun might not fire really fast or do mega damage when it hits, but getting the bullets on target is far more effective. So lately I've been using the AUG when assault, and I think its the PKG or something when medic.
    I agree the 4x scope on the MG36 is weird, much prefer the M60 version.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

I got all my sniper unlocks with a shotgun ^ ^.
    Shotgun+C4+lightweight+body armour is a lot of fun, messing about with the C4 to get the achievement was the most fun I've had in the game in quite a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,844 ✭✭✭shootermacg

lafortezza wrote: »
    Shotgun+C4+lightweight+body armour is a lot of fun, messing about with the C4 to get the achievement was the most fun I've had in the game in quite a while.

I'm a sucker for the magnum ammo myself. But lightweight is bangin!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Scram

Few good games were had last night lads - good craic!

Fuzzy - my game crashed last night, and couldn't have been ar$ed re-loading it!

funny you should say that ive a few gotten blue screens in BF now, i was on the ATI 10.4a drivers and im trying the 10.5a new drivers now.

lafortezza wrote: »
    I recently got the platinum stars with the M60 and AN, been lookng at other guns that are fun to use. I realised that the recoil control is far far more important than damage or rate of fire. The gun might not fire really fast or do mega damage when it hits, but getting the bullets on target is far more effective. So lately I've been using the AUG when assault, and I think its the PKG or something when medic.
    I agree the 4x scope on the MG36 is weird, much prefer the M60 version.

Yeah recoil is important, thats why that 1st Engi gun is great in the right hands....but you do need a half decent damage rating or you be hitting them all day long!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

I heard you were the biggest noob on whichever side of teh Shannon you happen to be on.

Straight from a GEOGRAPHY NOOB then.....

Straight from a GEOGRAPHY NOOB then.....

Liffey then?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

You noobed me straight in the face last night with the 40mm.
    Hmmmph--"I dont noob"
    Im disgusted that youve let yourself down by resorting to the noob tube!!Sickened that you`ve reached such a low!!!

:D:D:D

Hellrazer,

FYI....a 40mm nade from assault is not a NOOB TUBE....This aint COD4 bruth'a.

Also case in point....Panama Canel back in '74. I was on my own at the back of spawn C my squad deserted me like a pack of yellow bellies when the going got though!!! The smell of death was every where, all I could think about was getting back home to ma & pa. You and some amateur called chipbelly (AKA Fairy) where hunting me down deliverance style (cue banjo) I knew time was running out and FAST. I disposed of the chipster with ease but took a shot to the big toe which left me dazed and confused...when all of a sudden you appeared in the corner of my eye as I was reloading....I could tell you meant business from the gun in your hand and "THAT LOOK IN YOUR EYE" kinda like you had eaten a hot chip too quickly....I had to fire the 40mm nade 1st to create confusion if I was to get outta here alive, and then I actually shot you with the M16....alas you DIED in honour and without some ass fun.....and I did not have to touch my toes.

It was a 2v1 situation, I had to rely on my basic training. My life flashed before my eyes, and before I knew it I was gone into DEFCON 5 mode and went to that UGLY place....all the therapy null and void. Still it was worth it for 2 less mercs out there.....

TO BE CONTINUED

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Hellrazer,

FYI....a 40mm nade from assault is not a NOOB TUBE....This aint COD4 bruth'a.

Sorry mate--The 40mm was always called the noob tube--actually any grenade launcher attached to a gun is a NOOB TUBE.Right from the first Battlefield games.
    Here :
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=noob+tube

Also case in point....Panama Canel back in '74. I was on my own at the back of spawn C my squad deserted me like a pack of yellow bellies. The smell of death every where, with you and chipbelly (AKA Fairy) where hunting me down deliverance style (cue banjo) and I disposed of the chipster with ease when you appeared in the corner of my eye as I was reloading....I had to fire the 40mm nade 1st to create confusion and then I actually shot you with the M16....alas you DIED in honour and without some ass fun.....case CLOSED!
    ROFL!!!Although Fairy wasnt on last night when I was on.Youre right though--I spawned in a building right at the back of the map and next all I could see was yer yellow bellied noob tube grenade flying at me and it WAS the yellow bellied 40mm that killid me not the M16
    .Anyhow......in all the kills I have got against you the last week or so how many were nades? One or two max.

Doesnt matter how many--you still noob tubed me.And theres you saying you never noob tube ever--Its up there in black and white ^^^^
    Im disgusted--I wont ever see you in the same light again.And there was me respecting the highest ranked member in TiG.My respect for you has gone,never again will I allow myself to be so...so....misled.We`re finished!!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I should be on tonight. Had some trouble with my SSD this week (the crappy mounting bracket I had cracked :confused:) but I got a nice sturdy OCZ one now.

Suck it up soldier....and save your breathe for cooling your porridge....I dont noob tube. The 40mm nade is essential part of the assault kit, and I only use it usually for long range kills or if I am out of bullets (however I did kill [TiG] Lactus face to face last night in a freak incident) BTW is was fairy as his new soldier (Chipbelly)I killed before you.

I know you are hurting...but in time you will heal and realise your were slain with honour from an URBAN NINJA and deep down you know that when you see my name on the opposing team...I MAKE YOU A BETTER PLAYER!

So go forth and focus all that negative "WONDA" energy on the battlefield and know that the light you taught you saw me in...was really only the "MUZZLE FLASH" from my GUN!

BIATCH
    :D

• Advertisement

I dont noob tube.

Actually you do noob tube.See above.

The 40mm nade is essential part of the assault kit, and I only use it usually for long range kills or if I am out of bullets (however I did kill [TiG] Lactus face to face last night in a freak incident)

So now youre admitting to Noob Tubing twice.

I rest my case!!

Okay...tell me the correct ettiqutte for a 40mm grenade.....

You are lining up a shot in the distrance with the 40mm nade when someone runs around the corner and is directly in front of you.

Do you....

A. Open up page 44, section 3, paragragh 5 of the BFBC2 handbook (available at all leading bookshops) and roll the mouse button counter clockwise and select an appropriate weapon. i.e hand gun or machine gun to engage at close quarters.
    (Meanwhile you dead 60 secs and have got T-Bagged by half the server!)

B. Use currently equipped weapon as a once off seen as target is "On Top" of you and fumbling for a new weapon will almost certainly end in DEATH.

Geeezzzzz, let me think?:confused:

In the case of Luctus last night....Dubs and I were taking flag D when Luctus killed dubs. Dubs like a little girl screams on TS that "HE" is over the far right side. Me in the container switch to 40mm nade to shoot over the far side when I edge out the container....Luctus is practically doing up my shoe laces at the container...so I fired. Unfortunately some one died.....and it was not me!!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,262 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Do you....

A. Open up page 44, section 3, paragragh 5 of the BFBC2 handbook (available at all leading bookshops) and roll the mouse button counter clockwise and select an appropriate weapon. i.e hand gun or machine gun to engage at close quarters.
    (Meanwhile you dead 60 secs and have got T-Bagged by half the server!)

B. Use currently equipped weapon as a once off seen as target is "On Top" of you and fumbling for a new weapon will almost certainly end in DEATH.

Geeezzzzz, let me think?:confused:

Where's the C option: stab him, and then stab all his friends?

I remember being caught up in a 10 v 2 on some random server once, Laguna Presa I think it was and it was a tough old fight!

By the end of it, we had spawned raped those 2 poor bástards so much they pretty much just left the server in disgust.

karma_ wrote: »
    I remember being caught up in a 10 v 2 on some random server once, Laguna Presa I think it was and it was a tough old fight!

By the end of it, we had spawned raped those 2 poor bástards so much they pretty much just left the server in disgust.

There was a lot of spawn raping on the TiG server last night.Me thinks its time we made a rule against it.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Hellrazer wrote: »
    There was a lot of spawn raping on the TiG server last night.Me thinks its time we made a rule against it.

Most servers implent it or kick... hard to manage though as admins need to keep an eye on the server all the time :/

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

Any TiG Member who wants in game admin will have all the tools to protect players against spawn raping. The old "/kill playername" command is pretty good way of putting a stop to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

Also enough of the chat about noobtubing. All weapons are allowed until such times as a kit limiting system is introduced to the game. I doubt that Dice will ever do such a thing, however its something that Wolfcon devs might be able to do.

I personally love playing with the CG on Arica Harbout Conquest, rocket kills across the map is the ****! Live and let live!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Couple of great games last night on TiG server last night.

This clan came in, [PDM] or something. Dear lord they were brutal!

Myself and Wonda had like 38-4 KD's or something!

Good craic though :)

• Advertisement

TheFairy wrote: »
    Any TiG Member who wants in game admin will have all the tools to protect players against spawn raping. The old "/kill playername" command is pretty good way of putting a stop to it!

What do I need for admin Fairy?

Advertisement