Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Irish Guard BC2 Server

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭cianr

dreamers75 wrote: »
    sort the master list by name, scroll down to the [ servers and add TIG to your favourites by clicking on the little arrow.

Thanks - wasn't working before (only seemed to be loading a handful of servers) but Ive found it now, cheers!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Had some great games there on the TIG server this afternoon. Its such a difference from the public servers where everyone just runs around like headless chickens :rolleyes:

Do you guys do RUSH at all? Conquest gets a bit boring after a while imo.

Yeah good games today mate :)
    Nice to see some boardsies on.

Yeah i like rush mode too, not sure what we will end up running longterm.
    A mix of both would be good if it was ever possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

loggin server seems to be fuczerd again :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,262 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Just as well I haven't been able to find the TiG server in the browser. My first session on one of the Timeless servers did not go well. A k/d of only 0.7. I'm not used to the fairly inaccurate weapons. Also middle mouse button to stab is very unintuitive I find.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭PaddyTheNth

Finally managed to find the TiG server :D Some fun games this evening...my high point was earning 1k+ points in a round as an engineer with only 2 kills :p

(Fuzzy Duck)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Yep after many a try FINALLY got onto teh server....some TOP FOOKIN PLAYERS you lot have aswell.

Would be better if it was infantry only....that would seperate the men from the boys!

Better absolute great CRAIC..........:D

Finally managed to find the TiG server :D Some fun games this evening...my high point was earning 1k+ points in a round as an engineer with only 2 kills :p

(Fuzzy Duck)

Fuzzy,

You were in my squad for a while, top player:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Good craic that, highlight for me was hitting an apc and then knifing 3 of the engineers that got out to repair it. :D

Nice playing with fuzzy and wonda, good squad mates.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Aye well played root you got me:( I was gonna shout it on TS and thought

''Meh, too late''

Twas top play. Think I was repairing for most of the rounds up until I got scared of root knifing me if I jumped out.

Cheers for the good games:)

Regards

Shano

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

gg's all

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

Aye, good games all.

It's great to see a server filled with predominantly Irish players. Really does remind me of the early BFV days where we would all congregate on Rev's Viet-Navan server. Those were fun times alright and this is shaping up nicely so far too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Have you got all maps on the rotation or are there more? Don't even know the map count myself. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

Not all the maps support all the game modes, so we are sticking to conquest at the moment. Its hoped that the server will support mixed mode map lists in the near future.

When that happens we will have both conquest and rush maps. We may also increase the server size as its pretty damn busy at the moment.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

TheFairy wrote: »
    We may also increase the server size as its pretty damn busy at the moment.

Let me know if you're looking for a little $ to help run the server...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,262 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Ponster wrote: »
    Let me know if you're looking for a little $ to help run the server...

Same here. If I'm going to spend time on there I might as well through a few euro in an bask in the moral superiority it would give me.

I prefer playing on a clan server that is not all "clan squad players" on the one side, you get alot of arguments etc. and peeps get ratty. It looks better when the players are mixed up on different teams and you get to know the players aswell. ;)

It just looks like a clan match TBH.

But it was great fun....will be on tonite also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

Played for a half an hour or so last night on the Tig server it was great craic, hardly any bunnyhopping (fcukin hate this) and some good squad play.

hopefully the Punkbuster problems and EA disconnects that plagued me over the weekend have been fixed by tonight so I can enjoy a bit of tankbusting ;)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

been on my own clans server over the weekend, will get on TiG tonight for teh lulz

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    I prefer playing on a clan server that is not all "clan squad players" on the one side, you get alot of arguments etc. and peeps get ratty. It looks better when the players are mixed up on different teams and you get to know the players aswell. ;)

It just looks like a clan match TBH.

But it was great fun....will be on tonite also.

You have no idea how useless us tiggers are do you?:P

Prefer the mix teams myself, just as long as its evenly mixed so I don't got pwned:)

Well the reason I posted was when I joined the server last night there was not alot on and the teams were fairly mixed. Then about 3-4 mins later I checked and it was me and a team of joe randoms against the powers to be!!!!

But thats how I like it.....:p But I hate when peeps change teams for the sake of it. At least wait till the end of the round.....one thing that pisses me off about this game is NOOB TUBERS, what a total lack of skill. Would rather have a team of snipers and bunny hoppers.

What ever happened to reflexes and skill winning out...rather then a noob tube grenade from like 3-4 feet.

A well see's ya all online laterz.

• Advertisement

I prefer playing on a clan server that is not all "clan squad players" on the one side....

Not knocking your observation or anything but need to check that non clanned players realise that when you join using the friends option in game the server will put you on the same side as your friends. So when clan mates join their other clan m8's expect to see them auto stacked so to say.

Some nights we do like to play together, we know how each other likes to play etc so we find it enjoyable. Other nights you will find us trying to beat the crap out of each other in game.

There where plenty of games there last night that went right down to the wire, so us stacking really didnt make a major difference. I think this is testament to how well the game is balanced.

Dont get me wrong fairy m8, I was not saying that you lot were stacking!!! As far as I am concerned, I dont give a rats ass about someone ranked higher then me....as long as we have the same amount of players on each side its a fair game.

I joined by myself last night and not through a friend, and the [TiG] dudes that were on my side switched over mid round thats all....no big.

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭steve_

I had a good laugh on the server last night, some great fire fights. And they really need to sort the n00b tube out, its just a joke you dont need any skill just aim and fire and it kills. :mad:

^^^ Absolutely.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Will throw a few euro into the basket too.

Tis only fair.

Also mumble has an in game overlay so you can see who is talking :D

much better than TS too ;p

Dont get me wrong fairy m8, I was not saying that you lot were stacking!!! As far as I am concerned, I dont give a rats ass about someone ranked higher then me....as long as we have the same amount of players on each side its a fair game.

I joined by myself last night and not through a friend, and the [TiG] dudes that were on my side switched over mid round thats all....no big.

I will make it my point to be your wing man tonight Wonda-Boy...

topgun.jpg
    :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Good to see a TiG server up an running for this. I will be getting the game later today after work, will definately be back on and playing. Prepare to be raped once again :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Chorcai

Last was good fun alright, I see peoples point on the noob tube, the knifing can be hit and miss, one guy managed to knife me while running up the stairs and 50 ft way ?!?!? Oh and Cully watch ur back tonight....:D:D:D.. dish, server + cold come to mind.

There is also a lack of tea bagging, we need more.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

tried to go on last night but was full :( ended up on my own clans server before the damn server kicked everyone for no reason:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Yeah it took me a few attempts to get on to TIG last night. I was playing on another server while waiting for a slot to free up and it was so depressing, 9 out of 12 players on my team were snipers and just sat up in the hills :(

Advertisement