Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Irish Guard BC2 Server

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Scram

tig is dead and so is ci tonite it seems? where are you all:(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,262 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Scram wrote: »
    tig is dead and so is ci tonite it seems? where are you all:(

Join one or the other and I'll join to help get a game going.

Spear wrote: »
    Join one or the other and I'll join to help get a game going.

i cant seem to both are greyed out in the history tab..

im on some actama desert 24/7 server good fun tbh...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,844 ✭✭✭shootermacg

Any1 buy the latest Operation Flashpoint? It sucks that there's no server support but I still haven't played through it in coop, might be fun if any1s interested. Op flashpoint 1 is still my all time favorite game!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,262 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Scram wrote: »
    i cant seem to both are greyed out in the history tab..

im on some actama desert 24/7 server good fun tbh...

They can appear that way if they don't meet the filter requirements. Try unticking them and refreshing.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

TheFairy wrote: »
    COD4 with BF2 maps? Or am I reading that wrong?

Yep COD4 with BF2 maps. Theres a few servers doing the round, cant remember them off the top of my head though

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Gettin pissed off with BC2 now.

Everytime I'm in a game, the server ends up with 4/5 players and stacked teams after a round or two.

Seriously boring.

Not much fun when you can't even get outta your own base half the time.

Gonna play BF2 for a while me thinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

People have got to hang around to get the fuggin game going....I mean peeps log on with 4 a side start to get hammered and then leave!!!! WTF.

The teams are not stacked its the way the sides fall in game, but yeah getting hammered in your base is no fun and I taught that the CI boys would have kicked (Meats Of Evil) for being in base. I mean we are all online so why not have a game ffs...... I was using the MG3 tonite and doing pretty well for such a low end gun.

Any ways.....

Left 4 Dead 2 me thinks.....:)

Yep, you were owning with that gun, I personally son't like it cos it pisses ammo, but the amount of headshots u got against me was unnatural ^ ^.
    My PC decided to freeze and I got caught up with other stuff, but it's nice to see craggy back in action!

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭DeWinterZero

Procon crashes on my machine (again) and Dr Astro didnt realise MeatsofEvil was actually spawnkilling in their base until I told him. I think Astro told him through procon to stop going in or else because he stopped. Shortly after the teams evened out and proper gameplay resumed.

• Advertisement

Meats of Evil is a STEAM mate of gunner and me...and he is in Puerto Rico!!!!!
    He is a mad fook TBH and he only stopped after I told him it was an Irish Server that we play on regulary and stop acting the Trollocks....

He is sound but a tad mad....he said it was 94 degrees thats why he left he could not stand the heat.....LMAO.

Yep, you were owning with that gun, I personally son't like it cos it pisses ammo, but the amount of headshots u got against me was unnatural ^ ^.
    My PC decided to freeze and I got caught up with other stuff, but it's nice to see craggy back in action!

Pisses ammo is not the word....I think it fires MAGAZINE's at a time...I just absolutely love the sound of it. If it was a tad more powerful it would be a M60 KILLA.

I was on a HARDCORE server last night with it and had a K : D of 68-5 with it for the round....LETHAL! Granted alot of camping was down (mwahh) and the guys were not the most skilled but alas this guys need to get with the programme...my personal favorite was some dude hiding behind the EXSPLOSIVE TANKS....that reminds me of DUBS GUNNER sniping last night. When I poped out of a crate and start shooting. He bolted behind a wooden fence for cover!!!!..I think we all know how that went down

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Have not had much time for evening gamage recently but generally I'm here

http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/81.19.213.37:19567/

all rush, all maps and generally always full.

SQDM had the [TiG] server rocking the last few nights...its a nice change TBH. Nice and quick and hectic, and when you actually get 4 good squads with accurate players it does get tense.

Had a super game last where my squad was well down in the kills, down by ten at one stage with the round nearly over....and we won by 2 kills. It was super, and the enemy were top players aswell with IBF2 Jumbo and Daz and AnCapillmor (Horse) on running amuck.

Good Fun....apart from assholes rapin in the tanks.:rolleyes:

Played a bit myself but kinda get bored playing the same map over and over, so I just turn up for 2 or 3 games and off to find something else.

Dont do that shooter mate....if you getting the hump with the maps just tell me and I stick up a map vote like I did last night.

I dont mind changing the maps especially if its been attacked and defended mate, have you added me on Steam yet. Also add me in game dude, I do be on alot on my own :( so it be nice to hook up with ya if you on too.

I am on stupid servers now trying to get the stars in all guns at the moment....its fun but hard. I absolutely hate the F2000 gun what a piss poor gun....its like the guns for kids years ago where it makes the noise when you pull the trigger but nothing happens...I HATE IT. Even the bog standard
    engi guns are better then this. Hell I won a round last night on [TiG] with an UZI ffs......

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Dont do that shooter mate....if you getting the hump with the maps just tell me and I stick up a map vote like I did last night.

I dont mind changing the maps especially if its been attacked and defended mate, have you added me on Steam yet. Also add me in game dude, I do be on alot on my own :( so it be nice to hook up with ya if you on too.

I am on stupid servers now trying to get the stars in all guns at the moment....its fun but hard. I absolutely hate the F2000 gun what a piss poor gun....its like the guns for kids years ago where it makes the noise when you pull the trigger but nothing happens...I HATE IT. Even the bog standard
    engi guns are better then this. Hell I won a round last night on [TiG] with an UZI ffs......

Yer that f2000, I used it in one game when I unlocked it, it was pretty ****e on all counts. I'll install steam tonight hopefully, think I know where I left the l4d game.
    I used the uzi a bit until I unlocked the PP2000 much better gun!

There is a fine balance between the UZI and PP I find. One is a little more powerful and the other has a faster rate of fire. For me the UZI is better coz it already pisses bullets so the little extra damage is better.

The full scope on the UZI is so funny it looks like a SUPER SOAKER water pistol from years ago. The scope is bigger then the gun!

Playing that level over and over is getting kinda boring. At the moment Arica Harbour seems to be the most popular level for Conquest & Squad death match. But at least it's not Atacama Desert which is the most popular for base rapers.

Found my old bf2142 cd, it comes with nothern strike but I'm ****ed if I know how to get it, the store app no longer exists, even having problems finding the bloody patch!
    fOUND THE NORTHERNSTRIKE addin and the retail to 1.5 patch for 2142 hope those babies work!

• Advertisement

Found my old bf2142 cd, it comes with nothern strike but I'm ****ed if I know how to get it, the store app no longer exists, even having problems finding the bloody patch!

Yeah, I only had the DL version, not the CD. So dont know whether I'm bothered d/ling it again!

Have my BF2 CD's though, so might give that a whirl!

Fileplanet has the patches & I think you can download Northern Strike there too.

Just had a game, it's slow, really slow, really really really slow, really rea................................................................................ly sloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow.

But... Patch 1.51 is releasing with 4 new maps, including Strike at Karkand 2142, and they've finally fixed a load of the exploits and bugs!
    Battlefield 2142 v1.51 has FOUR brand new maps. Strike at Karkand, Operation Blue Pearl, Yellow Knife and yes Jason's Titan map - Molokai
    http://twitter.com/Bazajaytee

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Had a super game last where my squad was well down in the kills, down by ten at one stage with the round nearly over....and we won by 2 kills. It was super, and the enemy were top players aswell with IBF2 Jumbo and Daz and AnCapillmor (Horse) on running amuck.

Uugghh after you left i got stuck in a squad with snipers, so basically it was them sitting in the same place and me running around fighting Mr daz(who was handing out knives like they were free sweets) and 2 other dudes. Lost 41-50 and i'd 33 of the 41 kills, how f'ing pointless are snipers on SQDM, apart from lonewolf earlier on in the night.

Its a pain in the ass that ONE TANK in the middle of the map, no one will blow it up coz when they jump out to fire a rocket someone kills you LMAO.

The other day some fuggin knob head drives it up the top of the hill and sits there for the half the round until I KICKED HIS AS.S!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Or everyone has gustav's and they're crap against armour. spent part of friday night with the gustav, had to get some engi guns bronze. It was fun by the time one round ended, i think there was only 2 buildings left standing, lost count the amount of times i fired into a random building trying to knock it and got 2-3 kills.

Arrrgghhh....FUGGIN CG's. Still have that pin to get for 5 kills and I refuse to do it....lol.

Is there anything better then surprising some NOOB with a CG and they fire at you and you jump out of the way and watch them SQUIRM trying to reload of switch to a machine gun.....then they "GET GOD" :p

server empty tonite:(

had some great Squad SM's recently on there:)

• Advertisement

Any interest or possibility of squad rush? My brief taste of it seemed more focused and fun than squad deathmatch. Plus it only needs 8 players.

Advertisement