Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Irish Guard BC2 Server

Options
1293031323335»

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

and I posted about offering $ on the TiG forum :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

TheFairy wrote: »
    Server is due renewal next week, don't think anyone else is interested in keeping it going so it will probably close down.

away in TheFairlyLand, are we? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Scram

Spear wrote: »
    I've spent enough hours on there, I should throw something in. Send me a postal address and I'll send some cash. How much is needed (or is that private)?

same here ill chip in a few quid if needed.

Plus anyone know why all the server pings are 999? has the new steam update broken something or is it just me?

nothing else is downloading on my pc.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Yep, I will throw in a few De Niros aswell no problem....would help if [TiG] players were on the server more....but thats another days debate :rolleyes:

Let me know Fairy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Yep, I will throw in a few De Niros aswell no problem....would help if [TiG] players were on the server more....but thats another days debate :rolleyes:

Let me know Fairy.

You've killed them enough times, its the least you could do.

• Advertisement

I take it the [TiG] server is no longer active and has been cancelled. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

from looking at BC2 servers it seems users are rapidly dropping off it.

From the craggy server to my clan S18 server it's proving hard to even populate it for the game to actually start let alone fill it.
    Weekends are ok but weekdays suck.

Yeah active numbers are down.....

Between the 3-4 Irish servers you can just about get a good game going. The key is to have us in the friends list, I have waited on say the CI server for 15 mins waiting for peeps to join only to leave and join IBF or whatever and the CI boys are already on playing. So if we all have each other (regulars) in the friends list then happy days......

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Scram

Yes its very hard to find a server now, every server that was on my favorites or history is gone part from maybe a few ive started playing on in the last 2 weeks.

im just getting bored of the game, ive started playing TF2 since the eng update came out.

i think its all Dice/EA fault the games been out a few months now and all they have added is a few unlocked modes to maps. We need new maps,new guns and stuff to play for.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Yeah active numbers are down.....

Between the 3-4 Irish servers you can just about get a good game going. The key is to have us in the friends list, I have waited on say the CI server for 15 mins waiting for peeps to join only to leave and join IBF or whatever and the CI boys are already on playing. So if we all have each other (regulars) in the friends list then happy days......

Ping me on MSN if you want help to get servers started.

• Advertisement

best thing is to add BC2 to your steam games list..that way you can see who's online without starting the game etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

Dice have done what Dice do best. Take a decent game and patch it till its no longer worth playing. They did the same to BF2. Doubt I'll play it any more, and most of the other TiG guys feel the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Well I finally have my net back up and running, so I'll be on later anyway.....

I will be on for one or two Dubs....but I aint playing it all night. Unless someone gets on my goat and there will be BLOOD!

PMSL.....Laterz

Dice have done what Dice do best. Take a decent game and patch it till its no longer worth playing. They did the same to BF2. Doubt I'll play it any more, and most of the other TiG guys feel the same.

agreed...have no real desire to play it...
    on the other hand there's still a few servers running BF2 out there which are nearly all full...there's even a few running 1.0 which I'm mad to try out again :D
    Time to brush up on my jet skills again ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

Sc@recrow wrote: »
    agreed...have no real desire to play it...
    on the other hand there's still a few servers running BF2 out there which are nearly all full...there's even a few running 1.0 which I'm mad to try out again :D
    Time to brush up on my jet skills again ;)

See thats something that we talked about. Reinstall BF2 Vanilla would be great fun.

See thats something that we talked about. Reinstall BF2 Vanilla would be great fun.

Anyone else on for this?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Sc@recrow wrote: »
    Anyone else on for this?

Id be well on for BF2 again.BC2 is fupped.Cant be arsed playing it anymore tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Moist Bread

You guys mean play in 1.0?

You guys mean play in 1.0?

oh yeah...there's about 20 servers still running 1.0 which was fully populated...
    city maps/air maps etc :D
    Man..I forgotten how easy it was to fly the planes and avoid missiles in 1.0 :D
    I think there's more running 1.3 though,,.must check it out

• Advertisement
Advertisement