Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Irish Guard BC2 Server

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Well any time I got disconnect I nver got the POINTS.....but then the world is against me.

It was Cully & ME who was accused of HACKING, but I am used to that at this stage.....;)

but you get your unlock in game ie during a round, so it obviously works somewhat.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Gaunty

Ravage1616 wrote: »
    Whats with people saying others are hacking! They must get really feed up of assuming everyone that kills them is hacking! Noticed it a few Times on the TiG server now!

I was accused of hacking on there friday night while i was pretty much twisted drunk as the lads on ts can confirm. Bizarre paranoid people!

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

Its well known that beer does make you play better. Well thats the reason I use to drink and play!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Sorry I dont want a "Fairy" for a point man....Thanx all the same.

LMAO

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Server be down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

R0ot wrote: »
    Server be down.

Tis backup :D

They better start getting on top of this....ffs. All this crap like they doing us a favour and the problem is getting more frequent. Luckily I dont seem to be affected to much but come on ffs....you guys made the game surely some bright spark should be able to say...."actually hold on...I never enable GPU support on this game!!!"

:mad:

BTW, Anybody else notice that the in game setting mostly do not work. The V Sync is shoddy at best, I had to overide in the ATi CCC and the AA is a no go (thats console ports for ya)

You have to actually go into the .ini folder and select 8AA as when I had it selected in game at 8AA it was only 2AA in the .ini folder...Grrrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

dreamers75 wrote: »
    add someone to your buddy list and join them [btc]yitsack is on it now.

ClanTag=
    FavoriteGamesConnectCount=Empty
    FavoriteGames=544885240,aea6e37e-a693-4b2b-9dea-aa1212755eb8,[TiG] The Irish Guard BC2 Server;
    RecentGames=544885240,aea6e37e-a693-4b2b-9dea-aa1212755eb8,[TiG] The Irish Guard BC2 Server;

stick that in gamesettings.ini
    at the bottom

laggy as **** for me for the last 2 maps :(

thats handy thanks!

I'll be on in a bit see you guys if your there ;)

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    They better start getting on top of this....ffs. All this crap like they doing us a favour and the problem is getting more frequent. Luckily I dont seem to be affected to much but come on ffs....you guys made the game surely some bright spark should be able to say...."actually hold on...I never enable GPU support on this game!!!"

:mad:

Reading the forum less then 5 minutes, and already I can tell over the threads I've read, your are the resident moany michael ;)

• Advertisement

Had a blast tonight.

Was playing with me three mates doing pretty well all round during the nights games. Some good players in there.

We are pretty fresh so were getting dominated alot by some stupidly powerful upgraded guns :D

Furyio
    Hobes
    its.my.escape
    shadowrath89

That was us four on, see you again during the week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭steve_

TheDoc wrote: »

Furyio
    Hobes
    its.my.escape
    shadowrath89

Yeah lads good games there tonight!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Loving this server. :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Some great games last night.

Note to Fairy though---Given the choice between me as a gunner and going it alone---Always take the second option.

Battlefield,choppers and me just dont work and never have in any of the previous games..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

There was one point where a player had 49 kills to just 4 deaths. He was flying around the spawn site in a hind and there were no AA fixed positions, the opposing side had nothing that could hit him. Every time you spawned you were dead in seconds, it made the game ever so slightly unbalanced.

There was one part where this game just stood above others.

At a point on that map where you can naval assault beaches with jet skies, me and the lads were doing solid defence on the first base.

The opposing team were doing well penetrating, but our medic was unreal getting us up quickly.

Then the attacking team took a different option sniping from distance and having one assaulter.

Me and another assault class for about 20 minutes were launching grenades from our launchers like mortars, while being resupplied, it was unreal, we pretty much levelled the mountain tops.

We gotcha down to 20 tickets then it went unbalanced number wise and you romped over us :)

Such a good game, the fps ive been waiting for ;)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

sink wrote: »
    There was one point where a player had 49 kills to just 4 deaths. He was flying around the spawn site in a hind and there were no AA fixed positions, the opposing side had nothing that could hit him. Every time you spawned you were dead in seconds, it made the game ever so slightly unbalanced.

That was a right pain in the hole alright.Couldnt get that chopper down no matter what.At least in BFV/BF2 you could take em down easy enough with AA.

Aye was a pain when that chopper was up, it held us back for a while but when we got it down we went on to win the round. Boards.ie players are more than welcome to jump on our TS with us as well, makes for a better game and the piss taking adds to the fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

sink wrote: »

That did suck, all right. Otherwise, I've had some really great games on this server. By far, the best server I've played on since I got the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭Joeface

Wow it must be @ 6 years since I played on a TIG server of any sort. Last time was BFV i would say.

Joined in last nite no idea what map first time playing .BC2 . First impressions Not the best game in the world , Kind like BF2 with a Magnifing Glass. weapon damage for default weapons is shocking poor.

Some things don't Change [TiG]Jimeatsmenu running away with it and [TiG]tHEfairy(I THINK) awful KDR ...

I shall give the game more time

([TiG]Joeface (c)2004 >>> now >>> Lycan_Irl or WW|Lycan depending on my mood)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,262 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Joeface wrote: »
    Joined in last nite no idea what map first time playing .BC2 . First impressions Not the best game in the world , Kind like BF2 with a Magnifing Glass. weapon damage for default weapons is shocking poor.

I shall give the game more time

It does need more time. Once you start earning points, you'll quickly newer weapons and toys, including the every useful red-dot and 4x/12x scopes for weapons. But in general some of the weapon damage is very odd. You can of course always stab everyone you meet.

Also more generally, Enerzu is now my most stabbed person, giving up his tags 8 times now.

Jesus Spearman, I have lost count the amount of times I got stabbed by you.....it gets to the point when I am stabbed I am saying to the screen

"anyone but ****in Spearman".......

Had some great duels the other night....I knew it was you straight away trying to get closer to me coz you had that Segna Semi Shottie.....I did manage to get your tags aswell 3/4 times.....the night before last you and 3 others were camped at the factory wall on panama canal I think and looking over towards the B spawn...I came up the ramp on my own and no one seen me...3 knife kills (you being one) and had to shoot the last fella who seen me...CLASSIC.

Will be on tonite for a long game was MIA last night....might hope on TS aswell.

Reading the forum less then 5 minutes, and already I can tell over the threads I've read, your are the resident moany michael ;)

No mate....I am not the moaning mickie, but I dont stand for no **** when it comes to taking it up the ass from devs trying to pull a fast one.....:D

All they really had to do was release the BETA a month earlier and this would have been fixed.

Spear wrote: »

Also more generally, Enerzu is now my most stabbed person, giving up his tags 8 times now.

That lads gun is ridiculous. I have to say its a mighty nuisance the weapon damage in this game, and a frequent thing now in fps games which I hate.

Your litteraly walking around for your first few levels being a spa, until you get enough kills to start playing on a competitive level.

I'm a big gun fan, and it just enrages me when I see guns outperforming other guns.

Forcing me to play like a spa for hours until i get enough " playtime" to earn a proper gun, is a retarded concept. So essentially aslong as people are ahead of me on their "level" im always being behind and at a disadvantage.

And that is why my friends, kill death ratios havnt ment diddly **** since quake ;)

Have to disagree somewhat mate....its not the guns that have you at a dis-advantage its the add ons me thinks. The default assualt rifle is pretty good and I particulary love the SMG defualt engi gun. But when you get level 20's and that with added stopping power etc and armour plating that ****s yah up.

There are a few guns that are wayover powered but even the 2nd gun on the medic ladder will perform flawlessly for you.

As the old saying goes....."aim for the head or aim for the groin" :eek:

I've unlocked all the medic, eng and vehicle unlocks so trying sniper now, which is leading to terrible KDR's on my behalf. Rush mode does tend to mean some awful KDR's in the interests of winning the map I tend to run head first only to be mowed down endlessly!

...Forcing me to play like a spa for hours until i get enough " playtime" to earn a proper gun, is a retarded concept. So essentially aslong as people are ahead of me on their "level" im always being behind and at a disadvantage.

And that is why my friends, kill death ratios havnt ment diddly **** since quake ;)

At the start make a point of lifting the kit of the person that you just killed, chances are its a better kit than you have yourself. I might just give you a bit of help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,002 ✭✭✭Komplett-Tech: Ryan

Keep a space for me tonight lads, i want to add some more tags to my growing collection :)

Yeah that is good advice Fairy, but be aware....the good thing about this game is that all the guns FIRE differently so its hard to be using one gun and pick up another and it recoil alot differently. Deffo Play Medic and Engi to get the points rapidly.

I too am playing Assault and Engi now so not getting as many points...but hey I want that M16 last gun in assault....I just love the look of it TOTALLY.

• Advertisement

Keep a space for me tonight lads, i want to add some more tags to my growing collection :)

What is you in game name Ryan, please dont say Komplett LOL....I would love to pay you some special Attention....Deliverance STYLE!

:D:D

Advertisement