Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Irish Guard BC2 Server

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Ravage1616

That vid was just crazy!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,518 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Ravage1616 wrote: »
    That vid was just crazy!

At least your killers perks are identified in the kill-cam, so anyone exploiting this is easily identified.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

Are TiG gonna kick people using this exploit? Because I wanna try it but I'll do it on another server if it's frowned upon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Nah how can you. Trust me, I was admin of a clan once and its such a pain in the as.s pausing your own game to tell others to behave, although I think you can auto kick now from in game console. it gets pretty annoying after a while and it detracts from the fun.

Remember ADMIN ARE PEOPLE TOO YOU KNOW!!! LMAO

If you are to kick peeps for this you would never get a decent game. TBH 80% of the TIG server are board members now so lets just be honest and not use the god dam thing....Well I for one will not be using it, Just like I NEVER rocket launch against infantry and never noob tube up close. I switched from the M60 too as its FROWNED upon. But if I get noob tubed like a mother fooker there will be HELL to pay :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

The honour system will work for most players on the server, but there's one particular bunny-hopping shit who uses this exploit ad-nauseum. Not gonna name any names... mostly because I cant remember that player's exact name, but I don't think he's posts on here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

As annoying at these things get, and trust me I rant and rave about them as well, its best to let peeps play the game the way they want.

The only things I would kick a player for are hacking, racial abuse, or for another clan member. Let the rest do what they want to do and just have a laugh.

Or for not switching TEAMS....lol;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

also, we are low fúckers and love to use any advantage we can get :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Nah how can you. Trust me, I was admin of a clan once and its such a pain in the as.s pausing your own game to tell others to behave, although I think you can auto kick now from in game console. it gets pretty annoying after a while and it detracts from the fun.

Remember ADMIN ARE PEOPLE TOO YOU KNOW!!! LMAO

If you are to kick peeps for this you would never get a decent game. TBH 80% of the TIG server are board members now so lets just be honest and not use the god dam thing....Well I for one will not be using it, Just like I NEVER rocket launch against infantry and never noob tube up close. I switched from the M60 too as its FROWNED upon. But if I get noob tubed like a mother fooker there will be HELL to pay :D

I dont frown upon the M60, I use it all the time. I frown upon you killing me all the time with it though.

LOL...I use the XM8 now mate. I dont use the M60 anymore, well I do the odd time.

• Advertisement

You killed me with it last night! Then the server crashed 2 seconds after.

I distinctly remember someone typing "Everything was OK until you arrived Wonda-Boy" :D

Whats your ingame name jumpy...?

Jumparound

Hmmm, dont remember that name TBH..:( I keep an eye out for you and join your squads.

I say it would be hard to remember the names of 3897 people you have slaughtered! :D

PMSL...it costs me a fortune sending flowers to all the mothers....!!! But I remember the boards.ie players. But some have different names then in game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,037 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

karma_ wrote: »
    also, we are low fúckers and love to use any advantage we can get :D

I knifed you last night on the TIG server and stole your kit, that M95 is amazing. Well I think it was you anyway?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

I knifed you last night on the TIG server and stole your kit, that M95 is amazing. Well I think it was you anyway?

was most likely me, i'm a knife magnet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

karma_ wrote: »
    was most likely me, i'm a knife magnet.

teehee

• Advertisement

You got what you derserved bummy sniper!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Fun games wish I hadn't of fallen asleep after dinner, wanted to play more :(

The craic was fookin mighty last night....till some plonker mentioned a Domino's pizza or a snack box or summit!!!! Place was empty so fast as peeps left for food....I got a dinner box but was back on with syco till 3:30am :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

The craic was fookin mighty last night....till some plonker mentioned a Domino's pizza or a snack box or summit!!!! Place was empty so fast as peeps left for food....I got a dinner box but was back on with syco till 3:30am :P

Blame Abe for that one.
    Wonda your a mad fecker on TS tbh,you have me in the pisses half the time :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Registry still seems terrible on server : /

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

TheDoc wrote: »
    Registry still seems terrible on server : /

having no trouble myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Great games last night (think it was last night :) ).

The odd time I will admit the hitboxes to seem a tad off. But that is few and far between, but has been fine for along time now.

Finally got Karmas tags last night.

I think that covers most of the tiggers.

Wonda-Boys next.

• Advertisement

The odd time I will admit the hitboxes to seem a tad off. But that is few and far between, but has been fine for along time now.

it must be that polish server i play on.

Get a quality ping and the registry is pin point, and then when I come to this server its like playing cs on a 56k all over again :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Ive never had any hit reg issues on any server tbh.
    I connect with enough bullets they die, when i dont they live - simple really.

Having issues myself, not sure its server side though.

Well that was some frustrating games, enemy team stacking up on the 40mill grenade love, most annoying thing ever.

I assume this "boards tourny" will have rulesets against all the noob **** in this game

Like stacking your kit for 40mill
    Shotgun of death
    Everyone with m60's

M60s not a problem TBH if you can shoot straight...;) I was on the server today with cMan and the hits were well off. Its like shooting and the wind it blowing the bullets to the side and no X mark saying your hitting!

Also...

I cant believe the amount of people using grenade launchers to kill infantry...that is PURE NOOB IMHO. And then the same peeps on about the M60 being overpowered...ffs. :eek:

Kettle....Pot...Black....Calling....The....you get the idea. :p

No hit reg issues for me. I am loving this M95 with the damage addon.
    Watching a heli pilot drop out of the cockpit after a nice shot is brilliant.

I want to rank up the other classes, but I cant bear to stop using it.

• Advertisement

M60s not a problem TBH if you can shoot straight...;) I was on the server today with cMan and the hits were well off. Its like shooting and the wind it blowing the bullets to the side and no X mark saying your hitting!

Also...

I cant believe the amount of people using grenade launchers to kill infantry...that is PURE NOOB IMHO. And then the same peeps on about the M60 being overpowered...ffs. :eek:

Kettle....Pot...Black....Calling....The....you get the idea. :p

I just quit earlier it was so ****

I think its ok to use a noob tube in certain circumstance's! But not all the time.

Oh and is the TiG Server down??

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭fightin snr

Greyed out for me at the minute ?

Fixored teh server. Current rental arrangement is unti 03/04, and we have discussed moving it, however I'm not 100% sure its down to hosting.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,518 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

EA master server just fall over now instead?

• Advertisement

Ravage1616 wrote: »
    I think its ok to use a noob tube in certain circumstance's! But not all the time.

Oh and is the TiG Server down??

When could it be at all possible to use an RPG to kill a man!!!! WHEN? The only thing I can think of is if you are lining up a tank shot and someone runs around the corner at you....thats it. Anything else is piss poor skillz :rolleyes:

Thats just me...each to their own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 959 ✭✭✭ZeRoY

Spear wrote: »
    The Neostead in use with slugs, taking down choppers and one hitting people at long range.

Sadly yes ... completely overpowered and in great need of tweaking ... A monkey could use it and it unbalanced greatly the game imo. Mind you i cant wait to try it myself!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 959 ✭✭✭ZeRoY

I cant believe the amount of people using grenade launchers to kill infantry...that is PURE NOOB IMHO.

See Shotgun with slugs shots video, extreme noob weapon also .... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

TheDoc wrote: »
    Like stacking your kit for 40mill
    Shotgun of death
    Everyone with m60's
    Once I get to keep my C4 and rockets, I'll be happy. Nothing, IMO, says "BOO", like a rocket to the face :D

What about a rocket to the A>SS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

When could it be at all possible to use an RPG to kill a man!!!! WHEN? The only thing I can think of is if you are lining up a tank shot and someone runs around the corner at you....thats it. Anything else is piss poor skillz :rolleyes:

Thats just me...each to their own.

I got minced a couple of times yesterday by engineers jumping around corners firing the RPG right in the face.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,037 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I got minced a couple of times yesterday by engineers jumping around corners firing the RPG right in the face.....

Sorry I was aiming for the tank behind you :o

Sorry I was aiming for the tank behind you :o

lol the tank must have up the stairs so!

Yeah...its a total joke. All they have to do is take away the splash damage of the CG and its useless as it would have to be a direct hit.

Another bad flaw TBH....ahh well. :rolleyes:

Yeah...its a total joke. All they have to do is take away the splash damage of the CG and its useless as it would have to be a direct hit.

Another bad flaw TBH....ahh well. :rolleyes:

You're gonna get this sort of thing in any game though. the GL at least has a VERY low rate of fire, and can only hold 3 until you have to reload.

Not everything is gonna be perfect for everyone.

• Advertisement
Advertisement