Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Irish Guard BC2 Server

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    if you want to to the whole unlocks thing DONT JOIN A SQUAD.

I want to make progress through the unlocks... but thought you should always join a squad. What's the advantage to lone-wolfing?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭yankinlk

I think what wonda Boy is saying is... Join a squad and do squad related tasks, ie spot enemies, give squad commands, drop ammo and medic packs...

but if you'd rather boost your score for the sole purpose of unlocking something at the expense of being a good squad member then feck off and go lone wolf leaving a slot open in the squad for a good squad member.

Personally, I think you can be good in a squad and the unlocks will come to you anyway.

That makes sense, I misread the post. For some reason I thought the implication was that you could, somehow, earn more points towards unlocks by playing outside a squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Yeah, sorry should have made it a tad clearer. I am rank 25 now I think (was not on last night) but I ranked up and got the assault and medic classes in complete in squad. But I did not FU>C>K around while doing it.

I really am dedicated to playing the game the way it should be....if I am on for a piss about or just a quick doss with a sniper rifle I dont join a squad...I leave the space for someone else.

You really do need to be aware to the squad as was already posted by ponso, Ideally for me a great squad is assault and engi with 2 medics. nothing worse then running around SCREAMING for ammo and you got 3 snipers in your sqaud and asking another blue squad for ammo you might aswell ask for their sisters mobile number!!!!

But each to thier own....I am not obsessive I do really have a great laugh playing, which the boys can attest to when I am on TS....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

In fairness i think a half decent sniper is worth his place in a squad.
    Ofcourse the snipers that camp miles away from the objective may not be playing the team game, then again they can do a great job defending from distance.
    Also when your a half decent sniper theres no reason why you shouldnt get into the middle of a gunfight.
    Once you have the M95 its almost always a one shot kill from medium/close range,the Gol magnum and M24 are better from range but the burst damage from the M95 medium/short range is exceptional.
    Ive often out scored assault guys while sniping in the middle of a gunfight,im not the best sniper out there but im more than comfy getting up close and personal as are quite a few lads that play on the TiG server.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

A sniper isnt always a sniper in this game, a sniper on any of the maps with lots of trees etc armed with a shotgun can rack up just as many kills and still be useful for spawning on etc. The class is recon not sniper.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

TheFairy wrote: »
    A sniper isnt always a sniper in this game, a sniper on any of the maps with lots of trees etc armed with a shotgun can rack up just as many kills and still be useful for spawning on etc. The class is recon not sniper.

Sounds like just the thing a sniper would say..... :p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

TheFairy wrote: »

Indeed but a sniper is still a sniper, ie he has a sniper rifle :)

I agree totally....but 3 snipers in the one squad. And most sniper dont even SPOT ffs.

I am not great at sniping dont spend enough time on it...but its great to get a long range one shot kill to the head.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I loves recon at times. Well, I actually just love the C4. Nothing better than flicking the switch just before you die, causing a building to fall down on four people, and destroying the bomb, all in the one go :D

the_syco.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Think this is the first time i've ever quit a game because of team balance, it was 2:1 ratio against us and nobody would swap. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

R0ot wrote: »
    Think this is the first time i've ever quit a game because of team balance, it was 2:1 ratio against us and nobody would swap. :mad:

where they all running at you with knives out? you kinda brought that upon yourself tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

That map is also incredibly unbalanced, one big choke point at the third conquest zone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Yeah they were spawn raping like no tomorrow too, couldn't even get out of the base.
    The game needs autobalance so badly now.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Really? Never come across this myself. I remember looking at teams once and it was 10 v 5, and I just said in chat "Teams, lads please", and then it went to 5 V 10 heh. Balanced out eventually.

Its not that bad on [TiG] tbh....most of the times people with half a brain switch. Usually the last person on the most side changes over....this makes the best case scenario.

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭steve_

Yeah i think we should say when were changing though, usually when some one asks to even teams people just jump across without saying so and the teams still remain unbalanced.

What's this knife fence glitch you were referring to Fairy?

Edit: Also the m60 is like hacking without actually hacking, zero recoil better accuracy the longer you fire it it's ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

What's this knife fence glitch you were referring to Fairy?

its at the second Mcon A on isla inocentes you knife the fence outside and it knocks the building down

Grim. wrote: »
    its at the second Mcon A on isla inocentes you knife the fence outside and it knocks the building down

http://www.gametrailers.com/user-movie/bfbc2-knife-vs-building/342058?playlist=featured

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Heckler

Jim wrote: »
    Really? Never come across this myself. I remember looking at teams once and it was 10 v 5, and I just said in chat "Teams, lads please", and then it went to 5 V 10 heh. Balanced out eventually.

Got this a lot today and in the past. After 10 mins of constant asking for team balance (teams were 11-6, obviously the bigger team winning) a few people changed but by then most of the smaller team had left. Everyone just wants to be on the winning team I guess. Why is there no auto-balance ?

Had high hopes for this game but to be honest (and this is saying a lot) I'm having more fun playing MW2 at the moment. When it works properly its great but when its full of gotta win at all cost idiots its a pain in the ass.

Grim. wrote: »

What about if you grenade or UAV it? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

I agree totally....but 3 snipers in the one squad. And most sniper dont even SPOT ffs.

I am not great at sniping dont spend enough time on it...but its great to get a long range one shot kill to the head.

Its better having a full sniper squad than a mix though, you can all stay in the same location and spawn on each other.

I hate trying to take out a full medic squad though, its like they can never die :)

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

Team balance is broken and theres not a lot we can do about it. The main problem is when people join their friends they automatically join on the same side as the friend, regardless of current team balance. The opposite is also true in that when peeps leave their fiends leave as well, unbalancing the teams again.

Also a lot of the time the game will not allow people to change sides.

If we could all have a bit of patience the teams normally balance out fairly quickly, pse dont start ranting and raving at anyone and hopefully Dice will fix these problems soon.

I think team balance is the least of their problems at the moment. I wouldnt mind having a full game without "You have lost connection to the game server"

Thank god I dont get this too much.....yeah I would say the auto balance will be fixed the next patch. I use to click the join squad icon when game is loading....but now I just wait until I am in game.

I wish you could actually see the sides before the game starts, that way to know what team to join when the round starts.

TBH I think the game as it is has far too much armour in it, especially the snow levels. And you get the same amount of armour if there is 5 or 50 on the server. So with 4 a side match you have tanks all over the shop!!!

A patch to fix the tanks spawning with only a few players would be good....no to mention infantry only maps....now that would seperate the men from the boys.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Good games tonight lads! Loving BC2!

Yeah it was great until I got 2 CTD in about 5 mins....only thing changed from rock stable is TS and steam beta.

Yeah it was great until I got 2 CTD in about 5 mins....only thing changed from rock stable is TS and steam beta.

You and your bloody M60. TWICE I was about 2mm from disabling the bomb.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

For some reason I had serious problems last night.White screen crashes,random disconnects from the server,cannot connect to ea online errors,serious lag....only since I updated to the latest patch.When it crashes I loose my connection to the router(wireless)--its been rock stable up to last night.

This is doing my head in.3 hours I fooked around for last night trying to get a game in.

Gonna try and connect to my router by a long length of network cable tonight and see if that helps.

Advertisement