Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Irish Guard BC2 Server

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I was wondering why i hadnt got a shotgun to the face lastnight :)

Hope ya get it sorted soon mate.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Dcully wrote: »
    I was wondering why i hadnt got a shotgun to the face lastnight :)

Hope ya get it sorted soon mate.

Even better now with the extra ammo pack--12 shots before reloading.

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭ZeRoY

TheFairy wrote: »
    We have set up a temporary ranked server that will be available from Friday. Ip is 81.19.214.124:19567. So if you are a public player and want to find a home to play BC2 you are more than welcome.

If we need to we will increase player count, or add more servers as soon as possible. We hope to have servers based in Ireland in the near future.

Enjoyed my time on the server the other day. A little too much Bunny hopping though, not by TIG members but other visitors ... I'll be back for sure :D

Are you guys recruiting at all?

I think we are always recruiting tbh.
    More a fun clan these days ,just some craic and abuse on TS while we kill eachother :)

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭ZeRoY

Dcully wrote: »
    I think we are always recruiting tbh.
    More a fun clan these days ,just some craic and abuse on TS while we kill eachother :)

Just looking for a "home" as currently im just following few friends on servers but it can get really annoying to find a good server.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

I also had major CTD's last night and rock stable before. It is one of 3 things for me, I was using the BETA steam client, on TEAMSPEAK 3 or the latest update.

It is so annoying as I was having a great round with a squad of TIGGERS aswell.....Grrrrr:mad::mad:

I dont know if the bandwidth issue of TS3 is having an effect, I am using the same drivers for my GPU so thats not changed. I deffo think its the latest patch TBH. One step forward Two steps back would be the order of the day.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    I also had major CTD's last night and rock stable before. It is one of 3 things for me, I was using the BETA steam client, on TEAMSPEAK 3 or the latest update.

It is so annoying as I was having a great round with a squad of TIGGERS aswell.....Grrrrr:mad::mad:

I dont know if the bandwidth issue of TS3 is having an effect, I am using the same drivers for my GPU so thats not changed. I deffo think its the latest patch TBH. One step forward Two steps back would be the order of the day.

Its definately not TS wonda-boy.I tried with it connected and without.The only thing I changed was the latest patch--no other changes to the system at all.

ZeRoY wrote: »
    Just looking for a "home" as currently im just following few friends on servers but it can get really annoying to find a good server.

Throw fairy,Karma or Grim a pm if they dont reply here mate or better still pop onto theirishguard.com/community ,theres a recruitment forum there.

Actually here ya go http://www.theirishguard.com/community/viewforum.php?f=7&sid=68fdbeb7a79f7e758bec694e65454a5e :)

Yeah it would make sense to FOOK up the people not having problems just for the icing on the cake.

I remember the same thing happened with EMPIRE:TOTAL WAR the 1st few patches made the game worse!

A well we will just have to grin and bare it wont we.....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Was getting some aggro from god knows who last night because I wouldnt change sides...

The first game was going grand, until a few people left and teams went unbalanced.

Next map it was 12 on 4 or something silly, and for some reason I was getting aggro for me not changing.

Even after notifying the whingers that I was ingame with 7 friends, which made a whole team. Ironic the moaning was mostly coming from my own team, so guys who were moaning about the teams, but sitting on the overcrowded team. Instead of moaning they could have swopped side and it wouldnt have been such a fail game.

I'm going to try encourage my lads to tag up so it can avoid confusion, but auto balance is something this game needs big time.

Also if some TiG senior member wants to get in touch with me, my lads might be interested in a few 8v8 games, should be good craic.

I'm sure youll see me online tonight, and hopefully no scrubs moaning about imbalanced teams, as they sit and reap the points that my lads get them : /

• Advertisement

Its gas when peeps are moaing about been a players short some times and wanting someone to change....meaning that if one does change the other team is ****ed.....classic.

It really only a problem when the server is not full. And when you hear peeps moaning about too many high ranks on one side that is really taking the piss....whats next star signs in order or alphabetical.

I'll be on today for a good few hours, hopefully some peeps are on early evening, then I've a wow raid then ill be back online for the night :D

Time to get that recon class maxed out ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Is there any way to get the server put to a 32? Its always full.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

Jumpy wrote: »
    Is there any way to get the server put to a 32? Its always full.

32 is too crowded imo, 24 is just right.

Whats the servers specs btw?

Noticed although my ping is decent, the reg is pretty muck on most occasions.

Compared to a polish server I play on regularly, its actually horrible in comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

sink wrote: »
    32 is too crowded imo, 24 is just right.

I'd tend to agree with this. Would TIG be interested in getting another server going? Popularity is growing, me thinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

I doubt it. One server is fine for our needs at the moment, however you never know. If our numbers increase then by all means we will get a second server, or maybe even more.....

We all tend to play on the same server when we play, so a 2nd server would only serve to split us up. We may increase the server number from 24 up but any additional slots would be reserved for clan members only.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I dunno I think some maps are more suited to 32 and others to 24?
    A bit of Rush mode every now and then would be fun too, kind of getting sick of the same few maps

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

TheDoc wrote: »
    Whats the servers specs btw?

Noticed although my ping is decent, the reg is pretty muck on most occasions.

Compared to a polish server I play on regularly, its actually horrible in comparison.

Not sure Doc. I've noticed the hit reg has gone to **** since the last patch there, never considered it would be the server as its not affecting everyone. I'll have a chat with our GSP tonight if I get a chance.

Itss very noticable comparing to some of the other regular servers we do be on. And its not exagerated moaning, its just very noticable when firing from 10 feet is resulting in no hits registering.

On a topic of " do you need another server"

We've been on peak times and noticed the server not very populated the last few nights.

Your peak times are 7pm-11pm weeknights

Saturday and Sunday from 1pm-10pm

If your servers are full over 80% of the time, you need a new server, or to up the player count.

Thats a general rule of thumb you should look at before deciding to upgrade.

Also remember the game is only out, I'd wait for ATLEAST 60 days before making a decision, as the player base will stable out, you might over indulge the early buzz, then be left paying two servers when you need only 1, or even worse a lower capacity single server.

I use to run some bf2 and cs servers back in the dayho, and for me priority was having a server with top specs, so players experienced lag free high percentage registry gmaing.

Ensure the servers run right with no cheating and no dickheads. And start building your community. Then youll quickly get a good name for yourself then look at expanding.

• Advertisement

^^^^^

Could not have put it better myself....there are always gonna be peak times. And TBH you are better off having 24 really good regulars from boards.ie say then 15 regs and a handful of mongos!!

I mean its the boards members that are filling up the server.

I think upping the server number is a good Idea but only after a while...another server would be overkill big time.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Ravage1616

I'm starting to have more and more fun on the server, I may jump on Teamspeak with ye guys tomorrow night, may even apply to join! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Oh oh, the dreaded "will we add more servers" question has cropped up.. Throw in the "reg is muck" and you boys have yourself a bit of pickle.

Boy oh boy am I happy that I can just run around like headless chicken and not have to worry about clan business anymore. Really took the shine off of CS:S eventually :(

Good game there tonight. I was doing real well for a good long while, at one stage I had 34-17 k/d and a score around 10,000. :)

Then it all fell to pieces when the map changed to the one with the island. Was defending and got completely dominated 1-8 k/d and was over in what felt like 5 mins, had my lowest score ever for an entire round of 120 measly points. Don't know what happend just couldn't hit ****. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭steve_

sink wrote: »
    I had 34-17 k/d and a score around 10,000.(

Including reward points? surely that wasnt just combat points

steve_ wrote: »

Don't know what the breakdown was, but 34 kills is 1,700 points on it's own plus i got assists, headshots, multilkills, repairs, objectives etc. Can't say how much of it was combat points but twas a fair amount.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭fightin snr

Have to say it`s great to see so many old timers still around,and a big thanks to the Tiggers for the use of the server,always nice to join a server with some familiar names about the place.
    I was no sharpshooter in the day but by Jeebus I don`t remember being this bad,funny how old age lets you enjoy a K/D of 1/36 :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

Had not been playing FPS for years. Must say BC2 is the reason I started again. Gosh, I am still struggling to get use to the keys and shortcuts. Blame the old age.

Thanks to TIG for the server. Last two nights were fun despite being killed all the time. Saw a lot of familiar boards users on the server anyway last night.

Strange thou last night, got disconnected few times and also BC2 crash 2-3 times.

steve_ wrote: »

Absolutely its after bonus....no way in hell he got 10,000 pure combat score.

You just lucky the game did not crash....:D

• Advertisement

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Absolutely its after bonus....no way in hell he got 10,000 pure combat score.

You just lucky the game did not crash....:D

Dont even say things like that--Got one of them gold stars last week (5000 points) and the fooking game crashed.

Advertisement