Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MBNA - request credit increase online gone?

Options
  • 03-03-2010 8:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭

Is it just me or have MBNA removed the facility to request a credit limit increase from their online system?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Still there on mine. On summary tab, their is a link beside the current limit.

Or on the 'mange my account' tab, its half way down the page, 'credit limit increase'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

That's what I thought but it's not there on mine. Excellent, they've removed it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Thats quite random!

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭NuMarvel

It's still there on mine, so in answer to your original question, it's just you :D.

If you were late with a payment or you're over your credit limit, they may have removed the facility from your account? Can't say for sure, just guessing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I guess I could ask them. Just curious more than anything though so think I'll leave it.

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

If you're overlimit, it and various other helpful things go missing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Its odd that it just vanished. I have a lloyds tsb platinum credit card which had a 4k limit for years and years. Had it fully paid off and only ever used it rarely while paying any balance owed within days. Got a letter off them recently stating that because i was not using it enough they had amended it to a 1k limit. I can still apply for a new limit but online it says.....

"If you've had your credit card less than six months or had your limit amended within the last six months, we may not be able to amend your credit limit at this time."

Maybe the facility only shows up outside of this criteria?....or maybe they are messing around with the online process. Could be a blessing for you :p (and me):pac:.

And i also dont know why it wouldnt always be there as an option as you can decrease your limit.

Advertisement