Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

England v Egypt

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Great goal again!

Gas to think Crouch has 20 in 37!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

England have been excellent in the second half, off side but Crouch again :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Something about crouch and wright phillips embracing after a goal never fails to give me a giggle :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Stevecw wrote: »
    Haha i feel a bit more confident now, and he has gone a lot quieter too!! :)

Well you can gloat in his face now :p

daithijjj wrote: »
    Something about crouch and wright phillips embracing after a goal never fails to give me a giggle :D

http://momento24.com/en/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/+alto+peq1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Capello is such a top notch manager.

daithijjj wrote: »

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Stephen Merchant = fcuking legend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

IvySlayer wrote: »

The best thing about that video is at the end where Gary and co. are all fake laughing because it was made by the BBC and Ian Wright is in genuine stitches because there was a midget on TV

• Advertisement

Bubs101 wrote: »
    The best thing about that video is at the end where Gary and co. are all fake laughing because it was made by the BBC and Ian Wright is in genuine stitches because there was a midget on TV

Shearer and Wrighty were genuinely laughing :P

Alan Hansen, how much I love him, is so fake. And if I remember correctly, Wrighty got into a lot of trouble for what he said :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,950 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I thought Gerrard was terrible in the second half. There was one point where he lost the ball just outside the box and didn't bother trying to track back. He looked like someone who had run 40 miles. Walcott was useless, Milner should be in the first XI for the World Cup.

And Crouch, how does he do anything with those lanky legs?! He did so well when he came on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭marwelie

England may have won 3-1 but it doesn't hide the fact that they were rubbish in the first half and only scored the 2nd and 3rd when the Egyptians tired. I did only see highlights to be fair, but England have about as much chance of winning the WC this year as Ireland do, judging from that display.

BTW has to be said, for someone who is 10 foot 6, Peter Crouch is brilliant with the ball at his feet. He can't head a ball to save his life though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

marwelie wrote: »
    BTW has to be said, for someone who is 10 foot 6, Peter Crouch is brilliant with the ball at his feet. He can't head a ball to save his life though!

This is the kind of original insight we have so long needed here ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

i wish i could thank posts on my phone :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭marwelie

mike65 wrote: »
    This is the kind of original insight we have so long needed here ;)

I try :D

I'm here all week :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

I think that england looked much better when Milner came on and had a better shape I wonder could he start ahead of Gerrard on Current form or maybe stick Gerrard behind Rooney.

Sorry I didn't reply last night but I think Milner is Englands answer on the left and would be better there then on the right.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

marwelie wrote: »
    England may have won 3-1 but it doesn't hide the fact that they were rubbish in the first half and only scored the 2nd and 3rd when the Egyptians tired. I did only see highlights to be fair, but England have about as much chance of winning the WC this year as Ireland do, judging from that display.

lol, maybe try watching the whole game in future rather than 90 compressed down into 15 minutes? England were not rubbish in the first half. They were on top for most of the game bar maybe the first 10/15 minutes of the second half.

England may not win the world cup but they are worthy 2nd or 3rd favourites imo.

i think Gerrard behind rooney is the way to go as well tbh. Milner on the left, Lennon or SWP on the right, i used to doubt if rooney could lead the line effectively on his own, but this season seems to suggest that it may not be a problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

England were not good.

good to see Gerrard's form for his club carrying over to the international stage. :o

Carrick did well when he came on, maybe it was because the Egyptians tired, I don't know, but he could be a solid enough option in there on occasion.

Walcott was embarrassing, and successfully won himself a summer holiday I would hope.

Rooney was a bit off colour, but still managed to have some good moments.

Baines was solid.

JT, once he cleared his head, seemed back to his old self, which can only be good for Chelsea. the international break may have come at a great time for him and them.

Milner was once again outstanding when he came on. i'd have him instead of Barry in the first XI to be honest. he reminds me of Roy Keane in some ways. He's not quite the tackler, but he's box-to-box, can arguably shoot better than Keane, and has the same endless energy it seems.

Crouch and SWP should've booked their seats on the plane, as, at the very least, important game changers.

thought Gerrard was very good in the first half, poor in the second. Similar to the blackburn game actually! Lazy swine doesn't bother for 90 mins anymore ;)

• Advertisement

Mr Alan wrote: »
    i wish i could thank posts on my phone :(

Whose?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

England have 2 offensive players who can actually change games in Gerrard and Rooney.The rest of the forwards and midfield are pretty weak and are hardly seen as a threat to the other potential WC winners.Lampard cannot exist without 2 players behind him to cover his non existentce whether it be for club or country.Barry isn't good enough for a 442 especially with Lampard beside him.It's possible he could operate with Gerrard in there, but it's quite scary to think Carrick and Barry is a better option than the lazyass Lamps.Lampard isn't good enough for England to go 451 to accommodate him.The 451 could actually win the the World Cup but not in it's current guise.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

d22ontour wrote: »
    England have 2 offensive players who can actually change games in Gerrard and Rooney.The rest of the forwards and midfield are pretty weak and are hardly seen as a threat to the other potential WC winners.Lampard cannot exist without 2 players behind him to cover his non existentce whether it be for club or country.Barry isn't good enough for a 442 especially with Lampard beside him.It's possible he could operate with Gerrard in there, but it's quite scary to think Carrick and Barry is a better option than the lazyass Lamps.Lampard isn't good enough for England to go 451 to accommodate him.The 451 could actually win the the World Cup but not in it's current guise.

Bit harsh imo, no reason why England can't have a good run,like any team they will need some luck along the way, if I was to have one worry, it would be the goalkeeping situation.

Advertisement