Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Culchie here coming to city - directions needed!

• 03-03-2010 9:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

hi all, as title says- have to bring granny up to lucan , dublin tomorrow, coming up from west- im fine as far as kildare but anyone know whats the best option after that- she will be stopping in lucan for a few hours- would it be easier drive into city , or park and ride at redcow? really appreciate which is best way drive in- dont have be there for set time so we can avoid rush hour- which is ??? thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

But will you be comming down the N4 you will have a turn off for lucan

attachment.php?attachmentid=106691&d=1267649708

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

if your coming from West, you will be coming in N4 and can turn of for Lucan on the way (it will be signposted)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,337 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

You could go to the Route Planner on AA Roadwatch and enter your start and end directions and it will give you an illustrated route.

When you say 'Kildare' I presume you will be travelling on the N7 and so you have the following options (and more...)

1. Turn off the N7 at Kingswood (R134), will be signposted for Grange Castle as far as I can recall an follow that road all the way into Lucan

2. Head for the M50, and then when you come to the Red Cow interchange (no roundabout anymore), head north (probably signposted M50 N/Airport). You then get off the M50 at the next exit (7, signposted The West/Lucan) and follow the signs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

The N4 is busy from about 8 to 10 in the morning but not really bad. From 10am onwards you should have no problem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,558 ✭✭✭Heroditas

newbie06 wrote: »
    hi all, as title says- have to bring granny up to lucan , dublin tomorrow, coming up from west- im fine as far as kildare but anyone know whats the best option after that- she will be stopping in lucan for a few hours- would it be easier drive into city , or park and ride at redcow? really appreciate which is best way drive in- dont have be there for set time so we can avoid rush hour- which is ??? thanks

Whereabouts in Kildare are you coming from and rougbhly whereabouts are you heading in Lucan?
    You will be able to drive all the way anyway and then park in Lucan.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 newbie06

thanks for all that help thats great, sorry what i meant was coming up from kerry so will be on m7..
    i know up as far as cellbridge- dont know where in lucan yet the granny cant ring the friend she is visiting until the morning for address!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

thanks for all that help thats great, sorry what i meant was coming up from kerry so will be on m7..
    i know up as far as cellbridge- dont know where in lucan yet the granny cant ring the friend she is visiting until the morning for address!!

The M7 doesn't go near Celbridge so your screwed!!!:D

When you come in on the N7, there is a turn off marked Baldonnell and Lucan just after Citywest. Take it and it will bring you into the top of Lucan. it's a good road and a straight run in and lightly used for the most part. From here Lucan village is no distance and it will save you about 15 minutes going via the M50. Lucan is handy enough for driving into the city via the N4 if you have to though; just try and make sure you know where you're driving to and plan a route out.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭manc

If you can get as far as Celbridge then Lucan is only about another 6 miles on the dublin road from Celbridge, its well sign posted. This will get you to the West side of Lucan or the village (old side).

If you address is in the newer parts of Lucan than you are probably better following Ham'nd'egger and go via the outer ring road from the N7 to Lucan.

Its a big area and can be quite confusing in the new parts of Lucan.

Advertisement