Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*Limerick GAA news/discussion thread*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

panda100 wrote: »
    If any of you are on facebook,you can join the Limerick GAA football supporters page, and post up some support messages for Sunday :)

Link: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=264848179930
    excellent, i was looking for it last nite on there but couldn't find it, thanks for posting the link :)

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭pajoguy

COME ON YE BOYS...........114 YEARS..........BEST OF LUCK TO ALL INVOLVED ON SUNDAY.

Given whats gone on in limerick over the winter id love to see them win.

God the TV coverage is bad enough on tv3 though without the fact both are wearing green :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Great crowd down in Killarney yesterday. I say we've converted a few of the Hurling faithful to the football cause after yesterday's display.

I saw a guy from work sitting a few rows in front of me who I know is a diehard hurling supporter,never been to a football game in his life,and he was standing up on his seat,screaming at the top of his lungs for the last 15mins :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Who will Limerick be playing in the qualifiers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

Who will Limerick be playing in the qualifiers?
    Draw won't be made for another fortnight.

dcr22B wrote: »
    Draw won't be made for another fortnight.
    According to last night's Sunday Game, the draw is being made next Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,685 ✭✭✭flutered

on another note two six year olds were charged 15 euro each admission yesterday a rip off, so parents and 2 kids 70 euro. i have the tickets to prove it, is there any chance of a refund, how does one go about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

flutered wrote: »
    on another note two six year olds were charged 15 euro each admission yesterday a rip off, so parents and 2 kids 70 euro. i have the tickets to prove it, is there any chance of a refund, how does one go about it.

Exact same for me and my sister (we get in as u16s).
    I brought twenty quid with me to the match for tickets and a programme and other stuff and my dad gave me a tenner just incase.
    Ended up wasting the full thirty on the tickets. Didn't know they'd be that dear :confused:

But then again, it was a great match. So I have very little to complain about.
    But still, abit pricey though.
    But I see where you're coming from with 2 six year olds.

that's scandalous alright. I always thought it was free admission for under 16s. Maybe it doesn't apply for provincial finals?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Limerick_Lass

grenache wrote: »
    According to last night's Sunday Game, the draw is being made next Sunday.

met Marty Morrissey last night in Killarney, and he said next Sunday for the draw and thats "straight from the horses mouth" Gas character :)

Great game, we should be very proud of them but cant understand some of the decisions that were made.
    Just hope my voice comes back soon :eek:

Oh my voice is a complete right off today.Everytime I open it a little squeak is all I can manage.
    I think it was when John got the goal that my vocal chords just went into overdrive :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭Browney7

In fairness there was family tickets doing the rounds but they were sold out supposedly. My Dad is involved with our local club and had an adult stand ticket for 35 and a juvenile ticket for 5 quid side by side and I think there were a few child terrace tickets for 3 quid. Disgrace they weren't selling them on the day from the vans.

met Marty Morrissey last night in Killarney, and he said next Sunday for the draw and thats "straight from the horses mouth" Gas character :)
    The date for our Round 4 qualifier is Saturday July 24th.

So any opinions on todays game guys? It's a sad state of affairs when there is not one mention of this game anywhere. I doubt there will be 500 limerick people there.

Personally if we can keep it to within 8 points I'd be happy. Nearly surprised them in the league but today will be a totally different kettle of fish. Take our defeat and hope for a competitive club championship with a good standard of hurling and try to get this mess sorted out in time for next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,685 ✭✭✭flutered

well in the leader edition the 3rd of july, jerome kiely reported that members of the under 21 panel refused to join the county intermediate panel, also it claims that some clubs refused to release players, so it looks as the cancer called limerick hurling has spread from one part to others, no wonder people will not travel.

1 10 to 9 points in offalys favour. 25 mins left

1-15 to 1-12 offaly lead. 10 mins left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭jordainius

I am delighted for the players who played tonight that they can hold their heads high after their performance.

However, I really hope common sense prevails in the next six months. Justin McCarthy has now been in charge for 10 successive competitive defeats, that alone is enough grounds for him to be sacked.

Oh, and before anybody says progress has been made, or the '10 players did better than the '09 players or similar such rubbish, the following stats don't lie;

Competitive League and Championship matches
    2009; Played 13, Won 6, Drawn 1, Lost 6.
    2010; Played 9, Won 0, Lost 9.

Is justin gone?!

• Advertisement

Well his contract was due to be up after 2 years but the LCC could well renew it for two more

I ve heard after the meeting held tonight that a three man committee have been appointed to pick the next Limerick manager, Damien Quigley, Paudie Fitzmaurice and Jim Woulfe. Possible re-appointment of Justin. Although I can hardly see this happening.
    Great news :)

So with the Qualifier draw this evening who should we be hoping to get?

Personally I'd love a crack off the Dubs. I think it's exactly what this team needs. A big game against a big team that they can win. Dublin would probably underestimate them too so we could catch them on the hop

I'd have no fear of the other teams really but no matter who we get we will be regarded as underdogs. I'd imagine Cork would be the worst draw for us. They know our game this time round and would be determined to lay down a marker.

Dubs or Down preferably :o
    I'm probably (and wrongly) underestimating Down.
    But I'd rather not play Cork (for the reason they wouldn't take this game with a pinch of salt) or Kildare (after trouncing Derry and just the whole '08 qualifier memories :/).

Meeting Dublin would probably be what I'd prefer the most as for Browney's reason's above and if it's in a neutral venue and not Croke Park, I think we'd have more the chance to take it.
    This round is neutral venue, right?

I've been saying Roscommon for the last week,but I hope not now!

Id like to get Dub's. I hope to god its not cork

Ya,venue is neutral for fourth round of qualifiers

panda100 wrote: »
    I've been saying Roscommon for the last week,but I hope not now!

Id like to get Dub's. I hope to god its not

Ya,venue is neutral for fourth round of qualifiers

Is it an open draw?
    I thought it was provincial final loser v round 3 qualifer, no?

Oh and thanks!

Is it an open draw?
    I thought it was provincial final loser v round 3 qualifer, no?

Oh and thanks!

Oh yeah your right its not open darw.So we wouldn't be getting roscommon anyways, doh,stupid panda.

I'm hoping for the dubs anyways,think we'd be able to beat them outside croker

F*ck,f*ck,f*ck

Oh sweet ****in' jesus....

• Advertisement

Im at work... who did we get... or do I want to know :eek::)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement