Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*Limerick GAA news/discussion thread*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

I feckin knew we'd get them! My mum says its a conspirancy :)

Will it be in Killarney?

Im at work... who did we get... or do I want to know :eek::)

Try and guess??Seriously,its a team we're always playing-Cork!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

We got cork. I knew it, I actually knew it :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Limerick_Lass

Thats what I thought by the last few posts :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭Browney7

boll0x:mad:

Not the end of the world but I'm sick of playing them. Midfield will be crucial

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭pajoguy

Has anybody taken notice of our county secretary's comments about the possibility of the 09 panel playing under Justin next year if he is reappointed? It was in the Limerick Leader.

I really think it was something he should not have said for fear it may influence the decision of the three man committee. Poor tact.

Wow, who was the man in the 'audience' on the sunday game who reckoned limerick were nearing top 4 in the country? *fills with pride*

I'm actually looking forward to this cork match now :) If just a few more lads can really step up to the plate.....

pajoguy wrote: »
    Has anybody taken notice of our county secretary's comments about the possibility of the 09 panel playing under Justin next year if he is reappointed? It was in the Limerick Leader.

I really think it was something he should not have said for fear it may influence the decision of the three man committee. Poor tact.

How do you think it might influence their decision?

I just feel it was poor timing to come out with something like that with the selection committee in place only a few days. I felt he was trying to get the county boards position on the situation across i.e. we want justin and the 09 players....A rosy garden which it aint.

Any idea which players have put their hands up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

panda100 wrote: »
    F*ck,f*ck,f*ck
    Oh sweet ****in' jesus....
    Browney7 wrote: »
    boll0x:mad:
    Why the frowns? I'm delighted we got Cork. I would much rather get them than say Kildare or Down - teams against who our lads wouldn't up their performance, look at our game with Kildare in 2008, or clashes with Derry in 2005/2006. We really laboured in those games. We have the ability to beat Cork, and we are certainly not afraid of them. There's a huge incentive for our guys, revenge for last year and 2008 and the chance to play in Croker. I'm not saying we will win, but it will be much closer than some people on this thread think and i would give us a fighting chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭jordainius

Look at it this way; we are the one county Cork would have wanted to avoid. Limerick usually up their game for Cork and probably should have beat them last year and definitely should have beat them the year before.

If any of the players were feeling down or deflated after losing the Munster final I reckon this draw will have kickstarted them back into life.

jordainius wrote: »
    Look at it this way; we are the one county Cork would have wanted to avoid. Limerick usually up their game for Cork and probably should have beat them last year and definitely should have beat them the year before.

If any of the players were feeling down or deflated after losing the Munster final I reckon this draw will have kickstarted them back into life.
    My thoughts exactly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Moist Bread

Limerick will lose by over 10 points. Cork will up their game and even if Limerick play their best, they will fall well short.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭jordainius

Any idea which players have put their hands up?

I'd pay no attention to such talk. The county board tried similar tricks in the spring; ringing up players individually telling them that other (unnamed) players indicated a willingness to return under Justin provided that player (on the other end of the phone) would return too. All it is is an effort to put pressure on exiled players to return.

I'd also point the finger of blame at a man who writes on the back page of the sports pullout of one of our local papers for spreading such rumours. This man is basically a mouthpiece of the county board and his articles very often contain unsourced rumours, he's mad for quoting unnamed sources, and last week he said some players indicated that they would return in 2011 regardless of whether Justin was in charge. Of course, as usual he did not have the courage of his convictions to name these players...

Limerick will lose by over 10 points. Cork will up their game and even if Limerick play their best, they will fall well short.

Are you unknown13 in disguise?

jordainius wrote: »

No your right. Its a case of better the devil you know with Cork. We're more than capable of beating them. We'll be in a neutral venue so its really anyone's game.

I was at the replay of Cork/Kerry, and they didnt impress me too much.

Just got a text from my bro:

Limerick vs Cork at Gaelic Grounds 7pm Sat

Wahoo,Gaelic grounds!

What? :D Where did the whole neutral venues go so? Ah that's preety good stuff now.

What? :D Where did the whole neutral venues go so? Ah that's preety good stuff now.

I think Limerick asked for a Coin toss to see wether they could have it in either Cork or Limerick. Cork said yes to this,coin was tossed and Limerick won home advantage.

Thats what dad said anyways!

Yeah Look :http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/kfcwojeyqley/rss2/

• Advertisement

Ha, dacent :) Thanks for the heads up panda!

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭TheWarrior

A home venue for Limerick has just made this match very,very interesting!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭DH2K9

Finally the gaelic grounds gets its first championship match of the year. It's about time. as a dub I wish you the best of luck but I can see Cork winning by about 3 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭TheWarrior

Hard to look past Cork but at least its a home venue. When I heard the County board offer to toss for it I was dumbfounded- I guess it worked out ok.

Yeah we tossed it in limerick.......over the phone!:D

They will have to oil the hinges of the gates of the gaelic grounds.
    About time we got a match.

You could argue that Cork are useless Tossers.......:D

I joke, I joke.

I've just seen that a Mr Hughes from Armagh has been penciled in to destroy the game on Saturday evening.

Delightful!:rolleyes:

Browney7 wrote: »
    I've just seen that a Mr Hughes from Armagh has been penciled in to destroy the game on Saturday evening.

Delightful!:rolleyes:
    He owes us a favour after denying Stephen Lucey at the death in Portlaoise last year. He should keep that in mind. :)

• Advertisement

grenache wrote: »
    He owes us a favour after denying Stephen Lucey at the death in Portlaoise last year. He should keep that in mind. :)

I won't hold my breath grenache

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement