Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*Limerick GAA news/discussion thread*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Senior, intermediate or junior club?

dromcollogher Broadford, senior football. Junior a hurling

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭Browney7

Tickets looking very scarce. My club got 55

That seems very small to be honest. About 60 clubs in Limerick and I know senior hurling clubs will get more but if 10000 tickets are sent to clubs that should be over 100 each. Clubs get more tickets the more they have in the Mackey stand draw as well.

It could be what they have left after secretary, treasurer, chairman and some managers get theirs which is fair enough seeing as they run the club.

Browney7 wrote: »
    That seems very small to be honest. About 60 clubs in Limerick and I know senior hurling clubs will get more but if 10000 tickets are sent to clubs that should be over 100 each. Clubs get more tickets the more they have in the Mackey stand draw as well.

It could be what they have left after secretary, treasurer, chairman and some managers get theirs which is fair enough seeing as they run the club.

Another club near me, (junior a hurling) got 24 tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

I got a ticket... thank fúck. I feel for those who didn't though, things sound very bad in that regard. Our club decided to give first preference to those who ordered through the club for the Tipp game.

Another club near me, (junior a hurling) got 24 tickets

That has to be boll0cks in fairness. 24 stand maybe but they surely got more than that!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭paddy no 11

So is TJ a lucky general, sheedy's influence made a huge impact on tipps forwards yesterday and once maher got taken out of full back galway were beat. Did we catch tipp at a low point or does yesterdays win boost our form?

Didn't see the post match yesterday did commentators/Cunningham think it was the 3 weeks in a row that beat galway or what?

Good win for the footballers and they take their chance in the next round.

So is TJ a lucky general, sheedy's influence made a huge impact on tipps forwards yesterday and once maher got taken out of full back galway were beat. Did we catch tipp at a low point or does yesterdays win boost our form?

Didn't see the post match yesterday did commentators/Cunningham think it was the 3 weeks in a row that beat galway or what?

Good win for the footballers and they take their chance in the next round.

I don't think Limerick ever get the credit they should when they win games. The other team is always regarded as playing crap. Any time you beat Tipp in Thurles is a great achievement. Our defense was very good in Thurles and made it difficult for Tipp. Compare that to yesterday and the space in the Tipp forwards was scary from a Galway POV. Can't give Callanan space otherwise he'll thrive.

We didn't play well against Tipp. We were cleaned out of it for a good 20 mins between the two 45s and made no changes but we hung in there seemed to get a second wind and struck late.

If we can shut down the space for the Cork forwards again we have a great shout. I know the league is the league but we got blown out of it for the first 20 mins and stood back and watched them. After we started putting it up to them physically And getting in amongst them Cork stopped playing and we took over.

Wasn't at the football game sadly, I was asked to co-ordinate Community Games events in UL, so I missed the match but listened to most of it on the radio.

Sounded like a very good 2nd half performance once we get going- apparently John Galvin was just unbelievable, putting in one of those masterclass performances that made him the legend he is, and ably helped by the likes of Razor, Paudie Browne, Seanie Buckley & Gearoid Hegarty

I have no idea why Boris Hanrahan was dropped after the Tipp game, where he was our best player, maybe it's down to soccer or something? But the lads inside sounded like they did well, but still think we're unncessarily crippling ourselves.

3 goals is good, apparently Phair missed a great chance too, and both penalties were real goal opportunities and one at the end to kill it. It's a great win by the lads and we won't fear anyone in the next round either.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭dinemo6

What way is the next football game fixed?

Do we have to wait until after the Round 2B matches next weekend or are we playing either Laois or Sligo next weekend?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Next match is against Sligo in Sligo. Not sure exact when it's on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭pajoguy

Any advice about parking in cork next sunday would be greatly apprrciated.
    Thinking of parking in city and walking out to ground.
    A ten day weather forecast indicates it will rain so umbrellas may be necessary. That could change as its Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Figsy32

pajoguy wrote: »
    Any advice about parking in cork next sunday would be greatly apprrciated.
    Thinking of parking in city and walking out to ground.
    A ten day weather forecast indicates it will rain so umbrellas may be necessary. That could change as its Ireland.

As a local that's an option but the best way (especially to avoid driving through the city and the battle in and out) would be after Blackpool shopping centre, turn left towards the Glen and go on through Mayfield and the tunnel instead of turning right into town.

Go through the tunnel and park in Blackrock or Mahon and head out the same way. It'll be a much more comfortable drive and you'll miss the traffic in town, although Mahon Point shopping centre can be a little hectic at that hour.

If you don't know that way though town is a good option too!

Away to Sligo is as good a draw as any, I suppose. We got lucky to get 2 home draws, not let's see what we're made of.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Pandiani

Fireball07 wrote: »
    Away to Sligo is as good a draw as any, I suppose. We got lucky to get 2 home draws, not let's see what we're made of.

Should have beaten Sligo away in league opener so nothing to fear here

Pandiani wrote: »
    Should have beaten Sligo away in league opener so nothing to fear here

Aye, exactly. Were unlucky on the day and you'd hope we have come on since then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Vanolder

Limited tickets on sale tomorrow from Centra/Supervalu.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Vanolder wrote: »
    Limited tickets on sale tomorrow from Centra/Supervalu.

Link?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭bennyl10

• Advertisement

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Thanks guys :)
    City terrace I'm guessing?

I would imagine so, yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭paddy no 11

looks like buttevant will be by passed so everyone will be sent through doneraile, bit of a slow road that so add a few minutes to the journey lads

• Registered Users Posts: 13 RollOnD13th

Buttevant is bypassed for the Horse Fair. I booked the train would normally travel by car but why take the risk this time especially when you know in advance of a diversion!

Big screen confirmed in the Milk Market. Wonder are they keeping it up for the World Cup final... could be class.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭browne_rob5

Is there a particular pub in Dublin that Limerick supporters generally go for the games?

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Pandiani

Breen for Tobin only change to semi final team

The minors have delayed naming their team till tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭glasagusban

Pandiani wrote: »
    Breen for Tobin only change to semi final team

Hannon Dodge Breen
    Downes Dowling Mulcahy

That's a serious set of forwards. Midfield battle may decide this game, both teams dominated at midfield in their last match. Decent bench for limerick with Ryan, Moran, Tobin all likely to see game time, maybe Allis.

And the football team:

1. Brian Scanlon (Gerald Griffin’s)
    2. Mark O Riordan (Croom)
    3. Johnny McCarthy (St.Kieran’s)
    4. Sean O’Dea (Kilteely/Dromkeen)
    5. Iain Corbett (Newcastlewest)
    6. Padraig Browne (Fr. Casey’s)
    7. Pa Ranahan (Ballysteen)
    8. Tom Lee (Ballylanders)
    9. John Galvin (Croom)
    10. Darragh Tracey (St. Kieran’s)
    11. Danny Neville (Ballysteen)
    12. Seanie Buckley (Captain) (Dromcollogher/Broadford)
    13. Ger Collins (Monaleen)
    14. Killian Phair (Dromcollogher/Broadford)
    15. Ian Ryan (Vice-Captain) (St. Senan’s)

Almost the same team that started against Antrim, I think, Hegarty started ahead of Tracey. Surprised he's not included, and Boris is still on the bench. Still though, reward for winning the last game, I suppose. Hope they can do it.

• Advertisement

Hannon Dodge Breen
    Downes Dowling Mulcahy

That's a serious set of forwards. Midfield battle may decide this game, both teams dominated at midfield in their last match. Decent bench for limerick with Ryan, Moran, Tobin all likely to see game time, maybe Allis.

I'd expect more:
    Dodge
    Hannon Dowes Breen
    Dowling Mulcahy

We do have a decent, if not top class, bench. Alan Dempsey, Steve Walsh, Tom Ryan, Cathal King, Dan Morrissey, Conor Allis, Niall Moran, Seanie Tobin could all improve the team if brought on at the right time... but he didn't use the bench the last day and it was much the same. Not sure we'll get away with that against Cork, we have the players there, we should use them.

And it's not like we were winning every battle the last day.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement