Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*Limerick GAA news/discussion thread*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭grimbergen

Important thing to remember here is all the pressure is on Cork, farewell to the Pairc blah blah etc. Keep this like the Tipp game, even after 50 mins and you could see some real panic set in with da rebels..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

Is there a particular pub in Dublin that Limerick supporters generally go for the games?

I would imagine any of the Charlie Chawke owned pubs. He's an Adare man and a huge hurling supporter. Red Cow is always a meeting point when Limerick play in Croker, its owner is West Limerick man Tom Moran.

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭glasagusban

Fireball07 wrote: »
    I'd expect more:
    Dodge
    Hannon Dowes Breen
    Dowling Mulcahy

We do have a decent, if not top class, bench. Alan Dempsey, Steve Walsh, Tom Ryan, Cathal King, Dan Morrissey, Conor Allis, Niall Moran, Seanie Tobin could all improve the team if brought on at the right time... but he didn't use the bench the last day and it was much the same. Not sure we'll get away with that against Cork, we have the players there, we should use them.

And it's not like we were winning every battle the last day.

That is exactly the forward formation I'd like to see, we didn't see it the last day though so I don't know will it happen. I think there was a reluctance to change the backs the last day, we were well on top in midfield too, I agree we'll need to make more use of the bench, and earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭Browney7

washman3 wrote: »
    I would imagine any of the Charlie Chawke owned pubs. He's an Adare man and a huge hurling supporter. Red Cow is always a meeting point when Limerick play in Croker, its owner is West Limerick man Tom Moran.

Yeah pub on abbey street - think its the oval - is a chawke pub as is the Goat in goatstown.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭paddy no 11

Yeah thats what id like to see too rather than an orthodox line up, but we can change it up and rotate and keep cork guessing.

Midfield no bother

If we get our match ups in the backs right we'll win, will richie take horgan and hickey cronin? If horgan is going to drift out towards the 40 then it will be hickey.

• Advertisement

First dose of nerves there, need huge games from the 2 kilmallock backs.

Condon on cadogan could be very ropey.

In the city end - minor game starts at 13.45 will be ballixed by half five.

Yeah thats what id like to see too rather than an orthodox line up, but we can change it up and rotate and keep cork guessing.

Midfield no bother

If we get our match ups in the backs right we'll win, will richie take horgan and hickey cronin? If horgan is going to drift out towards the 40 then it will be hickey.

Will depend if Cork send a forward roaming, which they haven't done in the last few games. I would have presumed Condon on Horgan, Richie on Cronin and Hickey on Cadogan to match his pace.

Will depend if Cork send a forward roaming, which they haven't done in the last few games. I would have presumed Condon on Horgan, Richie on Cronin and Hickey on Cadogan to match his pace.

We will score enough and midfield will be fine, so the match comes down to 4 match ups basically, horgan, cadogan, lehane and harnedy, we win 3 of those 4 we win, simples, if the management get the calls right we will win. Not sure what way id play the full back line tbh. Hoping for a huge game from GOM.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 biglovin

Hey All,

I have two city end tickets im hoping to swap for two blackrock end tickets if anyone has any interest?

cheers

And the minute paudie sull comes on, walsh on him and man mark him. (assuming dempsey is injured)

• Advertisement

And the minute paudie sull comes on, walsh on him and man mark him. (assuming dempsey is injured)

Dempsey is fit again but has been left off the 30 for this game. I assume that this is due to his recent injury and lack of training but I feel this guy has been criminally overlooked. In my opinion sometime soon he is going to get game time at corner back and he will be impossible to shift from the jersey for a good time once he does.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Soulcrew09

biglovin wrote: »
    Hey All,

I have two city end tickets im hoping to swap for two blackrock end tickets if anyone has any interest?

cheers

I know 2 Limerick lads who have Blackrock End tickets who are looking to swap.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 biglovin

Soulcrew09 wrote: »
    I know 2 Limerick lads who have Blackrock End tickets who are looking to swap.

I would be happy to swap i got hold of two tickets sold in Gaelic grounds this morning. I live in cork so can meet them before the match in town?

biglovin wrote: »
    I would be happy to swap i got hold of two tickets sold in Gaelic grounds this morning. I live in cork so can meet them before the match in town?

PM me your number and ill pass it on.

Soulcrew09 wrote: »
    PM me your number and ill pass it on.

No reply to my above post so presume he got sorted. Anyway, If anyone is stuck for a City End terrace ticket I got a spare one, pm me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭willietherock

Is it true the Limerick clubs returned ~ 2000 tickets to the County Board over the last couple of days?

Is it true the Limerick clubs returned ~ 2000 tickets to the County Board over the last couple of days?

doubt it very much. I did hear that Waterford returned a good few tickets.
    That's surprising, as they had big support in G/Grounds last year and Cork is a much easier spin for them.:confused:

Been hearing stories from a lot of clubs all week of not having enough tickets so doubt it.

Big number of Cork fans still looking for tickets. Its a big county and their hurlers have huge support.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭bennyl10

washman3 wrote: »
    Big number of Cork fans still looking for tickets. Its a big county and their hurlers have huge support.

Good lot of terrace ticketes were in the gaelic grounds yesterday, doubt all sold, could be some for sale at PUC on sunday..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Minor team named yesterday:

1. Eoghan McNamara (Doon)
    2. Sean Finn (Bruff)
    3. Paddy O Loughlin (Kilmallock)
    4. Jamie Porter (Monaleen)
    5. Lorcan Lyons (Monaleen)
    6. Ronan Lynch (Vice-Captain) (Na Piarsaigh)
    7. Andrew La Touche Cosgrave (Monaleen)
    8. Robbie Hanley (Kilmallock)
    9. Colin Ryan (Pallasgreen)
    10. Seamus Flanagan (Feohanagh/Castlemahon)
    11. Barry Nash (South Liberties)
    12. Cian Lynch (Captain) (Patrickswell)
    13. Conor Fitzgerald (Claughaun)
    14. Tom Morrissey (Ahane)
    15. Peter Casey (Na Piarsaigh)

Subs:
    16. Cian Hedderman (Ballybrown)
    17. Edward Doyle (Monaleen)
    18. Darragh Fanning (Pallasgreen)
    19. Thomas Grimes (Na Piarsaigh)
    20. Brian Ryan (South Liberties)
    21. Aaron Gillane (Patrickswell)
    22. Conor Byrnes (Murroe/Boher)
    23. Conor McSweeney (South Liberties)
    24. Brian Fanning (Pallasgreen)

Looks like one change from the team about Cork, Robbie Hanley back into the team at the expense of Thomas Grimes.

Conor McSweeney & Brian Fanning on the bench ahead of Conor Boylan & Eoghan Costelloe.

Still surprised that there's no Dylan Dawson or Shane O'Connell if they're fit, but hopefully this team is good enough to win through.

Footballers on at 4pm today, hope they can do it!!!

1 point each early on, early point from Ger Collins; Devaney the Sligo keeper kicked a '45 there to level it.

Scanlon kicked a '45 to put us back in front, then dropped one short. Then Devaney put one wide too.

Sounds like we're defending very very deep, and trying to hit them on the break, Collins & Ryan prominent.

And Cawley levels things up for Sligo from 35 or so yards out. Wet conditions seem to be playing a big part.

Phair put us back in front after a Sligo mistake, Breheny scored for Sligo after he missed a couple of good chances, but Scanlon has just knocked over another free.

Winning 0-4 to 0-3, seem to be doing okay so far.

Gearoid Hegarty started fwiw, ahead of Tom Lee. Peter Nash on the bench instead of Lee, with Mike Fitzgibbon in for Colm Moran on the bench too.

2 points in a row for Sligo to put them in front; a tap-over free from Marren, and a score from Pat Hughes. Breheny had a chance to put them 2 clear, but he missed it.

And now he's slotted one after Limerick to fail to clear, Sligo 0-6 Limerick 0-4.

Limerick need a score before the break, under a lot of pressure atm.

2 points in a row from Ian Ryan, one from a free, one from play. Wiped out Sligo's lead very quickly.

One Limerick fan in particular making lots of noise very prominently on the radio :pac:

So, all-square at half-time. Limerick probably a bit lucky as Sligo seemed to dominate for about 15 minutes of that half, and missed good chances. But it's there for the taking- and Collins, Ryan & Neville seem to be on form.

As far as I can make out:

Sligo 0-6
    Limerick 0-6
    Mark Breheny 0-2, 0-1f
    Ian Ryan 0-2, 0-1f
    Pat Hughes 0-1
    Brian Scanlon 0-2f
    Keelan Cawley 0-1
    Killian Phair 0-1
    Aidan Devaney 0-1f
    Ger Collins 0-1
    Adrian Marren 0-1f

James Kilcullen on for Sligo at half-time, and Marren got an early free for Sligo to put them in front.

A yellow for Hegarty, rain pouring down, Limerick turning it over a lot.

Boris coming on for Phair.

• Advertisement

Hegarty involved in an altercation with David Kelly, Kelly on the ground for quite a while.... ref doesn't seem to have seen it, and maybe Hegarty is a bit lucky, already on a yellow.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement