Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*Limerick GAA news/discussion thread*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭thinkstoomuch1

And JBM didn't win one in Cork since he came back either. And limerick will win one before Cork do. And your post above is mostly nonsense. And you were wrong on Donal O'Grady to boot.

Look debate point

What did limerick win under Allen, nothing. Sorry mickey mouse munster titles like cork this year
    Fact is not opinion limerick haven't won all irelands under Allen
    You fail to mention points I made regards mullinvat

Jbm took over cork team in dissary got all irelands final and beat kilkenny something Allen never ever done in cork or limerick in championship

Jbm has tactical issues unlike yourself who fails to see and just plainly ignores just like you did with Allen the tactical weakness he has I frequently on cork thread craved tactical additional to cork said tactically we beaten last year
    I didn't try paper over crack
    And to go further im very concerned in while landers has potential he's unproven at senior senior elite level

Now you want to believe limerick will win an all Ireland before cork your way off
    Both may not win it next year but cork much better chance in should beat Waterford and get munster final,just three games then

Also cork along side clare have better chance beating kilkenny as proven by schools,minor, senior, will be proven by bellyhele that limerick style of direct hurling suits kilkenny perfectly
    Limerick could very well be out in the ist round and this limerick team wont if so last long in the qualifier

As doubts I have regards cork remain we have proven all irelands winning manager in jbm and crowley
    As I clearly make point here that is often overlooked, simply imo and no can counter debate it with fact in who is proven winner in limerick back room set up in manager or selector at a top top level
    None are now if you can give me example of one please do do
    Simple points is dublin and wexford have much better management than ye,less talent but if dublin play limerick with proven coaches in ed coughlan and ger cunningham they will out manoeuvre limericks management team
    Now this geuinely not being disrespectful to limerick just honestly question tactically proven ability this set up

The limerick minors and under twenty one have better set up tactically and so do ul fresher and ul itself.
    This is the same tj Ryan people questioned after the huge defeat to tipp at under twenty one with talented team,suddenly just after winning one game,I don't count wexford people say he turned a corner
    There's no proven evidence he has as imo played three real games and Lost two
    To say everyone didn't beat kilkenny is false acceptance imo it's okay we lost
    Tippeary actually drew with kilkenny and done better than ye,simply they improved since may, limerick did not as same problems in team in may were there in august
    Now if you can give me examples clear cut to prove other wise please do so
    To simply refute my argument as nonsense without giving examples as why your right does not add value to your argument imo.
    I wasn't wrong on donal og at all all
    Look it up he changed tom Kenny from half back to midfield
    Name one single change Allen made cork team in 2005??
    I watched team play every challenge game league and most challenge game
    Imo he didn't change a think.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭slegs

Look debate point

What did limerick win under Allen, nothing. Sorry mickey mouse munster titles like cork this year
    Fact is not opinion limerick haven't won all irelands under Allen
    You fail to mention points I made regards mullinvat

Jbm took over cork team in dissary got all irelands final and beat kilkenny something Allen never ever done in cork or limerick in championship

Jbm has tactical issues unlike yourself who fails to see and just plainly ignores just like you did with Allen the tactical weakness he has I frequently on cork thread craved tactical additional to cork said tactically we beaten last year
    I didn't try paper over crack
    And to go further im very concerned in while landers has potential he's unproven at senior senior elite level

Now you want to believe limerick will win an all Ireland before cork your way off
    Both may not win it next year but cork much better chance in should beat Waterford and get munster final,just three games then

Also cork along side clare have better chance beating kilkenny as proven by schools,minor, senior, will be proven by bellyhele that limerick style of direct hurling suits kilkenny perfectly
    Limerick could very well be out in the ist round and this limerick team wont if so last long in the qualifier

As doubts I have regards cork remain we have proven all irelands winning manager in jbm and crowley
    As I clearly make point here that is often overlooked, simply imo and no can counter debate it with fact in who is proven winner in limerick back room set up in manager or selector at a top top level
    None are now if you can give me example of one please do do
    Simple points is dublin and wexford have much better management than ye,less talent but if dublin play limerick with proven coaches in ed coughlan and ger cunningham they will out manoeuvre limericks management team
    Now this geuinely not being disrespectful to limerick just honestly question tactically proven ability this set up

The limerick minors and under twenty one have better set up tactically and so do ul fresher and ul itself.
    This is the same tj Ryan people questioned after the huge defeat to tipp at under twenty one with talented team,suddenly just after winning one game,I don't count wexford people say he turned a corner
    There's no proven evidence he has as imo played three real games and Lost two
    To say everyone didn't beat kilkenny is false acceptance imo it's okay we lost
    Tippeary actually drew with kilkenny and done better than ye,simply they improved since may, limerick did not as same problems in team in may were there in august
    Now if you can give me examples clear cut to prove other wise please do so
    To simply refute my argument as nonsense without giving examples as why your right does not add value to your argument imo.
    I wasn't wrong on donal og at all all
    Look it up he changed tom Kenny from half back to midfield
    Name one single change Allen made cork team in 2005??
    I watched team play every challenge game league and most challenge game
    Imo he didn't change a think.

You don't count Wexford when judging TJ yet you say Wexford have a better management team. Don't get that one. TJ did a good job this year. That is all he can be judged on, his last season. Maybe he learned from his U21s experience. If so that's to his credit also.

I agree with you about Allen though. Overrated - though he did do a good job with Limerick up to a point, I couldnt figure out why he wouldn't change the team when it was clear the forwards werent firing

slegs wrote: »
    You don't count Wexford when judging TJ yet you say Wexford have a better management team. Don't get that one. TJ did a good job this year. That is all he can be judged on, his last season. Maybe he learned from his U21s experience. If so that's to his credit also.

I agree with you about Allen though. Overrated - though he did do a good job with Limerick up to a point, I couldnt figure out why he wouldn't change the team when it was clear the forwards werent firing

Simply cause wexford were four games running when played limerick so the game was won before it starts
    They beat clare tactically in sweeper system something tj fails to do and won't beat a sweeper as only way you beat sweeper by playing one
    But tj is old school sweeper he don't like.

No way could you blame dunne
    Look recourses dunne has limited to limerick but they beat clare

And also wexford added fitzhenry as selector next year

Limerick have stayed same as last year
    Davy Clarke tremendous great great player but tactical not good coach
    Man have was Steve macdonagh I mentioned many times cork thread last year brilliant defence Coach

Saw him doing drills brilliant
    But Davy Clarke face fits with tj macdonagh doesn't
    Allen could not change forwards simply as he doesn't belive in change
    He hoped they would come good in the game

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Smith614

TTM... Give it a break will you, You say Kilmallock beat Cratloe because Cratloe were out on their feet after weeks of matches and now you say Wexford had no chance against Limerick and the match was over b4 it started cos Wexford played 4 weeks. Your dislike for Limerick is very obvious and getting boring at this stage.

Smith614 wrote: »
    TTM... Give it a break will you, You say Kilmallock beat Cratloe because Cratloe were out on their feet after weeks of matches and now you say Wexford had no chance against Limerick and the match was over b4 it started cos Wexford played 4 weeks. Your dislike for Limerick is very obvious and getting boring at this stage.
    I praised their under twenty one and minors set up hugely

Cheery pick you want

There was a debate I asked question I answered them
    And another poster agreed most my point
    Just cause you don't like what you read, that's up to you

I gave an opinion in relation to my view
    If someonr can give examples proven success in back room team please do
    The questions I ask here I asked on cork football and hurling sets up as well you know so don't make it out be agenda against limerick de value my posts simply not
    I questions what management at senior done
    I praises under twenty one and minors hugely as proven records

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭zombieHanalei

The view that TJ was too slow to make changes needs to be balanced with the fact that our bench doesn't lend itself to is being able to bring on five or six players we know WILL make a difference, we're effectively rolling the dice when it comes to making a change.

The players are happy with TJ, we all know he needs to be more flexible tactically, that's hardly majorly insightful, the question is whether he can do that, I have to be careful what I say but I can assure anyone reading this that he is more aware than any of us of how he needs to better himself, it's on his agenda...

Players were not happy with Donal O'Grady, the ones I've spoken weren't overly critical of him, they were rather philosophical, it was clear that there is still a deep respect for him but that it just wasn't working out, it was as though they felt DO'G just no longer really understood what they needed from him, and he was trying to return to methods and tactics that they had long since abandoned as group. Also, some of the carry on with Richie McCarthy was madness.

McDonagh not TJ Ryan's type? Odd statement given that an enquiry was made early last year... McDonagh is reluctant to become involved in a senior set up, took a lot of convincing to get him on board with minors, very dedicated to his profession, would love to be more involved with coaching but can only give so much time, pity because he would be a huge asset.

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭glasagusban

The view that TJ was too slow to make changes needs to be balanced with the fact that our bench doesn't lend itself to is being able to bring on five or six players we know WILL make a difference, we're effectively rolling the dice when it comes to making a change.

The players are happy with TJ, we all know he needs to be more flexible tactically, that's hardly majorly insightful, the question is whether he can do that, I have to be careful what I say but I can assure anyone reading this that he is more aware than any of us of how he needs to better himself, it's on his agenda...

Players were not happy with Donal O'Grady, the ones I've spoken weren't overly critical of him, they were rather philosophical, it was clear that there is still a deep respect for him but that it just wasn't working out, it was as though they felt DO'G just no longer really understood what they needed from him, and he was trying to return to methods and tactics that they had long since abandoned as group. Also, some of the carry on with Richie McCarthy was madness.

McDonagh not TJ Ryan's type? Odd statement given that an enquiry was made early last year... McDonagh is reluctant to become involved in a senior set up, took a lot of convincing to get him on board with minors, very dedicated to his profession, would love to be more involved with coaching but can only give so much time, pity because he would be a huge asset.

Exactly.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

I think of all that fits what I've heard/been told too. Good post.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Cu Baire

Exactly.

Know would lads ye what ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭Browney7

I'd agree with that one. It was clear as mud against Tipp that Gavin OM was out on his feet with ten mins to go. Watching TJ on the sideline against Cork, KK and Tipp this year I feel he gets too involved and engrossed in the game. Sometimes you have to take a step back and objectively look at it. I was a big TJ sceptic at the start but I do like his honesty and he really seemed to get the best out of the team. We have a tough draw this year but I will reserve judgement until after the league.

I think it's unfair to say our style is outdated. Last year against Tipp I was impressed by our coolness in moving the ball out of defense and trying to give a good ball into the forwards. There was very little slap the ball up the field stuff. A big problem for us last year ignoring the Wexford game was we only scored one goal from play in 210 minutes of hurling.

I'd be uncomfortable heavily criticising John Allen. We did blow a golden opportunity to win an all Ireland last year but you have to look at where Limerick were coming from. We hadnt won any championship trophy in 17 years and had to beat the traditional big two to do it. He was set in his ways with springing Dowling from the bench.

• Advertisement

Stephen McDonagh is the Bruree intermediate manager for 2015. Good to see him getting involved at club level.

TTM... Wat has John Kiely done or Leo O Connor done for you to rate themso highly.

Smith

It's well known here I'm not particularly huge of Leo o connor tactically wise but overall the set up is hugely improved from last year in Brian Ryan imo without going in to a and b is poor poor manager
    I didn't have to wait til now to say it I said in after math of all irelands final huge problems within limerick minors camp and many here know that so I don't have to set what but my take is this I's huge improvement on last year with Leo in charge
    I said many times I don't rate Ryan before last year but rated Wallis as key man behind it but unfortunately Ryan took key roles in the final and should imo done what he done before

Leo tactical I doubt but he will listen to hes selectors but he will also not dictates either and in foley and also jerry Wallis, plus another new addition to the set up a new cork man very young coach ye will be very strong at minor and imo will be very well trained and organised

I don't really rate Leo it's more unlike the senior set up as a whole limerick minors is brilliant.
    Leo to be fair real hurling man done lot work school, won munster under twenty one and went to mayo coaching
    He's fine in set up as he tactically is imo weak but in this set up surrounded by brilliant men

As for john kiely
    Where do I start

I could answer but seem as you know little as usual what your talking bout ask around about kiely sure you be told how great he Is or go to ratheale tomorrow morning where limerick under twenty ones playing challenge
    I could make easy and tell you how great he is but look find out yourself as clearly don't judge my opinion

Sure what I do know.
    So don't ask me questions then with respect

Senior as far as I'm aware played wexford in clonmel this morning.
    I'll know later.
    I'll have the teams on both sides later but look I'll let you smith post it that you know so much
    I look forward to it.

Fair play macdonagh brilliant coach as for this talks he couldn't commit limerick I'm not sure entirely accurate in he's coaching club team and now days that huge commitment also

Commitment required for club team or county underage team nowhere near the same as commitment required for being part of the county senior team. He'd love to throw his hat in with the county team but he's not the type to commit to something unless he can give it 100%. The man doesn't do half-assed, it's all or nothing with McDonagh, he had been approached by three Limerick managers that I know of (possibly more) in the last decade with a view to bringing him on board as a selector/coach, each time he has reluctantly declined for reasons which have already been addressed.

But yeah, maybe this is just "talk":rolleyes:

Totally agree regards macdonagh before offered limerick jobs.

But questions I'd ask and you have valid points in yes intermediate different than intercounty yes but still just my opinion I could be wrong but you often hear work commitments the most over used cliché in gaa when manager leaves in yes some its true but others it's nit in its just best less controversial way to leave

Look at ronan Mccarthy,the antrim strength conditions coach with cork footballer, William maher,Frank flannery all leaving after year one due to work commitments apparently Waterford and cork respectively

Surely they knew the work set up at the start of their two year term and one would question in the sets up were so bad why they leave now, Is it a case there so bad they leave

Macdonagh if it's work commitments fair enough
    He's owes limerick nothing
    But he was you say just bout persuaded to do minors
    Now I can guarantee you that minors training was up there with senior intercounty team in level commitment needed so if it took persuasion him join then he still joined in the end and imo would been there minors only some change in set up management
    Could he persuaded join senior set up

You imo must questions would they join a particular set up
    Ger cunningham was in line for limerick Job we all know practically had it
    Cork website had ger cunningham steps down cork work commitments
    If so why was he going for limerick job

Limerick set up my point in essence that despite all other stuff posted which to be fair many made good points still failed to prove one question I asked what has currently senior management won in the proven hurling world at top level
    Tj won intermediate county fair enough with Kilworth.
    None management proven at intercounty at any age group as far I'm aware

Now before anyone goes off in a tangent no I don't have agenda on limerick
    This question I asked regards my own cork senior football team where I said from day one yes day one cork football had no proven management and I countless times questions previous cork management

Hopefully now as I think the genuine ones know this perception me against limerick is wrong in some like paint that picture to dilute my argument as I challenge points they don't want to answer

If I didn't like limerick why in God's name would I praised under age set and said yr will win all irelands under twenty one in 2016

Simply point is I don't doubt talent limerick hurling, it's there and there's an all Ireland here in County
    What I judge on is management and just like my own cork team won't win football under cuthbhert imo I don't think limerick will win senior all Ireland as this set up could if it had a tactical selector
    One has to be added imo
    Limerick under twenty ones got kiely, Ross Corbett who brilliantly and quilty

Peter finn was linked to senior set up why didn't he joined!?
    Charville lucky he stayed with them hes fine coach
    He could done both in ger cunningham is doing cork and UCC and now dublin and UCC

Ed coughlan before he went to Dublin hurling like I said would go in cork thread first break news here to be fair and indeed wasn't even on papers he was going til after was asked join cork footballer but declined

Now here's a football coach but chooses hurling
    Yes he club man in same barrs as ger blue but imo he chooses hurling dublin as better chance in management than senior football in cork

My point is essentially some times work commitments not always but can be overaggertesd In managers won't say it openly but when they decline join set up lot has to do in who's running the show

On a last note I firmly belive and said it last year there is all Ireland in limerick hurling but it craves for astute hurling management
    People can go on about players not being there but remember where donegal came from in twelve winning team destroyed by armagh few years ago,new manager in one year wins ulster title then all irelands look at mayo two all irelands finals under Horan
    James Horan imo can be blamed in mayo as he done all he could got every inch out mayo they had no forwards bar o connor but that wasn't Horan fault

Fitzmaurice year one with kerry done brilliantly but he crucially learned from Cian o Neil
    Anyone in kerry will tell you he had limited team this year but great great coaching won the all Ireland
    That simple

You see to be fair to tj he cant learn from anyone in he's no back room proven expertise with him
    But essentially that's he's choice as he could Brough in some one

I rate tj has best full back ever with limerick said it before walk on any team, yes he's got this limerick team playing together, passion etc but limerick always had that
    What has tj Brought new it?
    Imo no tactical innovative in as many here questioned he's selection after cork.
    Wexford game was over early so wasn't tested imo
    Kilkenny tactically out thought limerick imo
    Cody says he doesn't do tactics.
    That's like mick o dwyer saying cork football Yere second best team In Ireland year after year.
    Not much good to cork football.
    When Cody says he doesn't do tactically foresight take it tactics huge part of he's game as donal og cusack showed in the Sunday game In kilkenny v dublin leinster championship.
    Imo limerick are fine at minor and under twenty one. Intermediate I don't know much bout the set up to judge but senior it's good qualities but lacking in key aera, just my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

And JBM didn't win one in Cork since he came back either. And limerick will win one before Cork do. And your post above is mostly nonsense. And you were wrong on Donal O'Grady to boot.

JBM seems like a nice chap, but as I feared, he was hopelessly exposed by Tipp in the semi. He reminded me of a dummy on the sideline with his mouth open and the flies going in. The less we say about him the better.

From a lad that said limerick were division 1b and it's irrelevant to their chances in championship exposed as incorrect by your colleagues here even.,that jamsie o connor does not nothing bar write newspaper article when in fact he coaching clare club this year, dora barefield under 21 and indeed flannans dean Ryan cup team this year as well as doing lot kids coaching and
    limerick didn't rate ger cunningham cork when you had to be reminded Kilmallock were after him as you acknowledged only when youre post was questioned saying your same same old line regards jbm your,Only option where you fail bring real argument to debate is really more reflection you than jbm.
    You want to question jbm go cork thread. Happyily be debated
    Cork posters acknowledged jbm made errors and have huge concerns with landers in unproven at senior level. Least cork questions things limerick view is tj is doing brilliant and huge chance next year when huge concerns over game management by him in games and done nothing to prove he improved from the under twenty one nightmare v tippeary.

Point is, this debate is of current limerick senior set up I'm questioning.
    That's my question.

Now anyone can give me proven experience success wise at intercounty of anyone in current set up Please do in senior limerick set up.

You got go down jbm route when you can't answer questions regarded proven success limerick set up.
    I said jbm has huge tactical concerns as cork thread agree. However we have fresh voice limerick doesn't have
    And whatever jbm failures now he won minors all irelands in 95 cork beat kilkenny, beat kilkenny twice senior manager unbeaten in championship to Cody Brought injury depleted thin bin squad to all irelands final that limerick struggle best full hour with extra man. Beat limerick this year and won senior all Ireland so yes huge faults tactically but miles better than limerick set up and would beat them no problem

From a lad that said limerick were division 1b and it's irrelevant to their chances in championship exposed as incorrect by your colleagues here even.,that jamsie o connor does not nothing bar write newspaper article when in fact he coaching clare club this year, dora barefield under 21 and indeed flannans dean Ryan cup team this year as well as doing lot kids coaching and
    limerick didn't rate ger cunningham cork when you had to be reminded Kilmallock were after him as you acknowledged only when youre post was questioned saying your same same old line regards jbm your,Only option where you fail bring real argument to debate is really more reflection you than jbm.
    You want to question jbm go cork thread. Happyily be debated
    Cork posters acknowledged jbm made errors and have huge concerns with landers in unproven at senior level. Least cork questions things limerick view is tj is doing brilliant and huge chance next year when huge concerns over game management by him in games and done nothing to prove he improved from the under twenty one nightmare v tippeary.

Point is, this debate is of current limerick senior set up I'm questioning.
    That's my question.

Now anyone can give me proven experience success wise at intercounty of anyone in current set up Please do in senior limerick set up.

You got go down jbm route when you can't answer questions regarded proven success limerick set up.
    I said jbm has huge tactical concerns as cork thread agree. However we have fresh voice limerick doesn't have
    And whatever jbm failures now he won minors all irelands in 95 cork beat kilkenny, beat kilkenny twice senior manager unbeaten in championship to Cody Brought injury depleted thin bin squad to all irelands final that limerick struggle best full hour with extra man. Beat limerick this year and won senior all Ireland so yes huge faults tactically but miles better than limerick set up and would beat them no problem

I like JBM but tactically he is a novice. Cork won't win an AI under him.
    I like TJ but tactically he is a novice. Limk won't win an AI under him.

Rightwing wrote: »
    I like JBM but tactically he is a novice. Cork won't win an AI under him.
    I like TJ but tactically he is a novice. Limk won't win an AI under him.

Valid points.and in essence all I was trying to prove from the outset

Valid points.and in essence all I was trying to prove from the outset

I don't think either team are too far off the pace, but at the highest level it's the smallest little things that will make the difference. But if Limk weren't to win the AI, I certainly wouldn't begrudge JBM and Cork one.

Stephen McDonagh is the Bruree intermediate manager for 2015. Good to see him getting involved at club level.

TTM... Wat has John Kiely done or Leo O Connor done for you to rate themso highly.

I was galled at these appointments. Talk about appointing nobodys. Just shot ourselves in the foot.

• Advertisement

I don't think either team are too far off the pace, but at the highest level it's the smallest little things that will make the difference. But if Limk weren't to win the AI, I certainly wouldn't begrudge JBM and Cork one.

I geuinely Dont begrudge either team
    But I'll say I'll myself cork have huge concerns tactical wise in landers huge huge potential but unproven at senior elite level and he won't have much time to learn

Cork limerick are both at crucial stages team development limerick slightly further ahead in don't win all irelands soon then chance Lost

What limerick have is full back cork don't yet and riche English would be starting bar riche mac
    Problem is in every game comes moment where crucial switch player or sub wins the game

Kilkenny done it v limerick
    I doubt tj has capacity do it
    Jbm has to a point but playing conor lehane at full, Shane o Neill at three and failure play possession game with cork concerns me

However there's hope landers can add somethin

Limerick haven't added someone imo huge worry in management believe there up to task which yes shows confidence but sometimes the great managers are ones ask help and learn in the process

To be great manager you must have no ego and know your limatiation as manager
    Some counties have guys that belive their the main men the chosen one and refuse get experts in as they don't belive they need to learn or when they do won't take advice

Many examples this intercounty teams down the year
    At any grade now even schools tactical knowledge is king
    Mhuire ag beat doon in tactical battle that doon could easily won
    Midelton lost game should won over poor team selection
    Tactical game management absolutely crucial to the modern game
    You saw in rubgy tonight clermount winning what couldn't do for years in limerick
    Simple difference for years they had brock James who couldn't game manage in big big game
    Lopez could
    Out half usually win you games
    Same in gaa teams succeed or fail based on management
    Years ago it was not the case but now it is where even training sessions video analysis
    A game starts but ebbs and flows, won't stay the same
    Good management know when to react and if necessary make correct changes

I was galled at these appointments. Talk about appointing nobodys. Just shot ourselves in the foot.
    I don't think

Key with o connor who has imo tactical limatiation will utilise fully he's back room team and I think he's fine run show,organised, training etc he's ideal
    Wallis and foley be key key men in game plan and selection players imo
    Under twenty one be fine
    Statement of intent any manager who you bring in

Now john flavin I don't know much bout but meant good
    Jimmy quality done great club teams in limerick and won intermediate ballyhea one year when given no chance
    Only lost lixnaw as o callaghan and ronan were absent

Ross Corbett was kerry minors football
    Leading role munster camoige
    Monaghan minors football done great up there
    Lot ulster counties camoige
    Kiely surrounded himself with key men and each has a definitive role and they will be a serious serious side within two years

And they have challenge match tomorrow. Shows there down to business and aren't hanging about
    They just got Corbett last week so finalised set up now down real business

You know me I only praise where due
    I Said last year tom Ryan involved in both intermediate and under twenty ones would end in failure

Intermediate lost game should won v tipp
    And under twenty ones were well beaten
    I could see in advance they had no chance

What I see now is a competent set up blessed with excellent talent and huge chance of all ireland

Next year win munster you have ulster champions so your great chance all Ireland final
    This year they have a chance but next year is their year

This year championship will be munster most competitive in years as cork, limerick have good management unlike last two years, clare do and tipp
    Waterford have good management also but cork have them at home
    Tippeary have good management
    All five have good management well rated and that's a first in ages imo

Smith

It's well known here I'm not particularly huge of Leo o connor tactically wise but overall the set up is hugely improved from last year in Brian Ryan imo without going in to a and b is poor poor manager
    I didn't have to wait til now to say it I said in after math of all irelands final huge problems within limerick minors camp and many here know that so I don't have to set what but my take is this I's huge improvement on last year with Leo in charge
    I said many times I don't rate Ryan before last year but rated Wallis as key man behind it but unfortunately Ryan took key roles in the final and should imo done what he done before

Leo tactical I doubt but he will listen to hes selectors but he will also not dictates either and in foley and also jerry Wallis, plus another new addition to the set up a new cork man very young coach ye will be very strong at minor and imo will be very well trained and organised

I don't really rate Leo it's more unlike the senior set up as a whole limerick minors is brilliant.
    Leo to be fair real hurling man done lot work school, won munster under twenty one and went to mayo coaching
    He's fine in set up as he tactically is imo weak but in this set up surrounded by brilliant men

As for john kiely
    Where do I start

I could answer but seem as you know little as usual what your talking bout ask around about kiely sure you be told how great he Is or go to ratheale tomorrow morning where limerick under twenty ones playing challenge
    I could make easy and tell you how great he is but look find out yourself as clearly don't judge my opinion

Sure what I do know.
    So don't ask me questions then with respect

Senior as far as I'm aware played wexford in clonmel this morning.
    I'll know later.
    I'll have the teams on both sides later but look I'll let you smith post it that you know so much
    I look forward to it.

Fair play macdonagh brilliant coach as for this talks he couldn't commit limerick I'm not sure entirely accurate in he's coaching club team and now days that huge commitment also
    Listen know all. U talk some rubbish at times. You have some opinion and reckon u are a complete authority on Gaa. Maybe u should get a life and start putting something in at grass roots because no doubt u will get any team to the very top very quickly. You need to respect other peoples opinions instead of pretending to know everything about every team, player and coach everywhere. Waffling . You keep talking about match ups.... Blahblahblah. Some men u talk about as great coaches are anything but that but what would I know.

Listen know all. U talk some rubbish at times. You have some opinion and reckon u are a complete authority on Gaa. Maybe u should get a life and start putting something in at grass roots because no doubt u will get any team to the very top very quickly. You need to respect other peoples opinions instead of pretending to know everything about every team, player and coach everywhere. Waffling . You keep talking about match ups.... Blahblahblah. Some men u talk about as great coaches are anything but that but what would I know.

I gave opinion
    You have no idea my input in gaa Lad
    You get excited and gets personal simply cause I don't answer questions you ask
    You seem to gone excited just because I said your wrong that pa callaghan has no excuse not play cork this year when I said correctly as many posted agreed no players needs give excuse if don't want play commitment wise
    You said player no excuse if doesn't want play
    Wrong he does he's choice imo

Young players don't want play don't have to play

I gave opinion
    You don't like it fair enough
    I gave views on different things as imo have knowledge gaa.
    You don't agree fair enough
    I respect opinion but strongly debate them
    Thanks smith.

I gave opinion
    You have no idea my input in gaa Lad
    You get excited and gets personal simply cause I don't answer questions you ask
    You seem to gone excited just because I said your wrong that pa callaghan has no excuse not play cork this year when I said correctly as many posted agreed no players needs give excuse if don't want play commitment wise
    You said player no excuse if doesn't want play
    Wrong he does he's choice imo

Young players don't want play don't have to play

I gave opinion
    You don't like it fair enough
    I gave views on different things as imo have knowledge gaa.
    You don't agree fair enough
    I respect opinion but strongly debate them
    Thanks smith.
    If a player doesn't want to play that is grand, forget about him. If he plays great and if not it's grand who cares. Worry about who we have instead of judging a player who has never played at that level. I don't get personal but you seem to have an ego who thinks his views are spot on.
    What are u doing in your local club? Nothing.

If a player doesn't want to play that is grand, forget about him. If he plays great and if not it's grand who cares. Worry about who we have instead of judging a player who has never played at that level. I don't get personal but you seem to have an ego who thinks his views are spot on.
    What are u doing in your local club? Nothing.

You now nothing bout what I do in my local club or had done
    You don't call that personal
    You try draw me out asking that question cork thread and limerick
    You think I owe you answer
    Greatest respect I don't

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭padohaodha

Jaysus the two of ye are symptomatic of all that is wrong with limerick gaa.will ye stop fighting

Fireball, unless I'm very much mistaken I believe you're a Kildimo-Pallaskenry man? Best of luck tomorrow! Is Michael Noonan still involved with the hurling team there? Haven't heard his name come up in a while. Had the makings of a decent hurler, came on and put in a decent performance v Offaly in the championship in 2010. I hate to say he wasn't treated the best by Adare, thus his transfer. (Big loss, could do with him in Adare....)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭Browney7

padohaodha wrote: »
    Jaysus the two of ye are symptomatic of all that is wrong with limerick gaa.will ye stop fighting

Pretty sure they are both cork men!

• Advertisement

I geuinely Dont begrudge either team
    But I'll say I'll myself cork have huge concerns tactical wise in landers huge huge potential but unproven at senior elite level and he won't have much time to learn

Cork limerick are both at crucial stages team development limerick slightly further ahead in don't win all irelands soon then chance Lost

What limerick have is full back cork don't yet and riche English would be starting bar riche mac
    Problem is in every game comes moment where crucial switch player or sub wins the game

Kilkenny done it v limerick
    I doubt tj has capacity do it
    Jbm has to a point but playing conor lehane at full, Shane o Neill at three and failure play possession game with cork concerns me

However there's hope landers can add somethin

Limerick haven't added someone imo huge worry in management believe there up to task which yes shows confidence but sometimes the great managers are ones ask help and learn in the process

To be great manager you must have no ego and know your limatiation as manager
    Some counties have guys that belive their the main men the chosen one and refuse get experts in as they don't belive they need to learn or when they do won't take advice

Many examples this intercounty teams down the year
    At any grade now even schools tactical knowledge is king
    Mhuire ag beat doon in tactical battle that doon could easily won
    Midelton lost game should won over poor team selection
    Tactical game management absolutely crucial to the modern game
    You saw in rubgy tonight clermount winning what couldn't do for years in limerick
    Simple difference for years they had brock James who couldn't game manage in big big game
    Lopez could
    Out half usually win you games
    Same in gaa teams succeed or fail based on management
    Years ago it was not the case but now it is where even training sessions video analysis
    A game starts but ebbs and flows, won't stay the same
    Good management know when to react and if necessary make correct changes

We've had our disagreements, no doubt about that. I don't agree with all your points but I don't discount them either because I can tell you love your sport.

I think KK were lucky against us in the summer. But that's neither here nor there.

Is Kiely or O connor a good appointment in your opinion, and if so why ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement