Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*Limerick GAA news/discussion thread*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Vanolder

The occasion got to Kilmallock, plain and simple. No shame in it either as you saw what they were up against. It happens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭zombieHanalei

Vanolder wrote: »
    The occasion got to Kilmallock, plain and simple. No shame in it either as you saw what they were up against. It happens.
    Yep, sometimes it's just as simple as that. Occasion got to them combined with the fact that Ballyhale have a squad that is only bettered by pretty much only the top ten county panels.

Even if Kilmallock played to their very best it probably wouldn't have been enough, they were always going to need a bit of luck and Ballyhale to be not quite at their very best.

But some people just see what they want to see, there has been some awful muck posted on this thread in the last four days, posters who had been silent an awful long time all of a sudden ran straight to this thread once the Offaly game was over, it's amusing to imagine their disappointment at the conclusion of the Waterford and Antrim and Wexford games; "Damn, maybe after their next game" they kept saying to themselves.

They'll stay away every time the county wins and they'll pop back in whenever we lose with their "I told you so" style nonsense, it's more than a little pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭homeofhurling

Guys; do not feed.....

its not to fed its just the disrepect that some have here to offaly hurling, a county that they haven't a good record again, a bit of well done to another county when the better team wins goes a long way, best of luck for the rest of the year.

its not to fed its just the disrepect that some have here to offaly hurling, a county that they haven't a good record again, a bit of well done to another county when the better team wins goes a long way, best of luck for the rest of the year.

If Offaly do the business against us in the championship this summer I will wish them the very best of luck- Giving them kudos for a league victory that means nothing to Limerick would be the height of condescension and an even bigger insult to a very proud hurling county. Now jog on.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭homeofhurling

Mean nothing to limerick will you go way out of that, limerick are crying about been in division 1B the last few years and need to get up to division 1A its the likes of your mind set has limerick 42 years without McCarthy , so jog on yourself and take your head out of your backside about limerick hurling
    your the mayo of hurling and your record says as much

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

We all like Offaly hurling here, and we'd like to see them come good. But we need to deal with the facts. And the sad fact is they are scraping the bottom of the barrel. I'd like to see their fortunes improve, maybe a bit like Laois recently.

Please stop!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

Rightwing wrote: »
    We all like Offaly hurling here, and we'd like to see them come good. But we need to deal with the facts. And the sad fact is they are scraping the bottom of the barrel. I'd like to see their fortunes improve, maybe a bit like Laois recently.

They need to start helping themselves! I saw them last year in the flesh in Nowlan Park and plenty of flesh (Offaly variety) there was too. Their conditioning was appalling. Their tactics were infantile. They're a long way away from the brilliant Offaly teams of the 90s.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Twoman Fullbackline

For a team that had been so good at scoring long range points for the rest of the campaign, Kilmallock's long range shooting really let them down yesterday. What was most disappointing was the constant tactic of bombing high balls in on top of the full-forward line. It's a malaise that is also currently affecting the Limerick team - there has to be a realisation that change is needed and an ability to follow through on that when Plan A is not working out. There's no point in looking forward to the likes of Graeme Mulcahy returning to the inter-county side if our only plan is to boom stratospheric balls in his general direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭thinkstoomuch1

Yep, sometimes it's just as simple as that. Occasion got to them combined with the fact that Ballyhale have a squad that is only bettered by pretty much only the top ten county panels.

Even if Kilmallock played to their very best it probably wouldn't have been enough, they were always going to need a bit of luck and Ballyhale to be not quite at their very best.

But some people just see what they want to see, there has been some awful muck posted on this thread in the last four days, posters who had been silent an awful long time all of a sudden ran straight to this thread once the Offaly game was over, it's amusing to imagine their disappointment at the conclusion of the Waterford and Antrim and Wexford games; "Damn, maybe after their next game" they kept saying to themselves.

They'll stay away every time the county wins and they'll pop back in whenever we lose with their "I told you so" style nonsense, it's more than a little pathetic.[/quote
    I see your point in what you say regards some posters who never posted in while suddenly posting after the offaly game and you are correct imo some people see what they want to see regards any games, that happens in any sport imo

However just to distance my self form the group you refer to I simply didn't post in a bit quite simply whenever I post anything against current management or referred to limerick as being orthodox direct one dimension in hurling style I found I would often be seemed as controversial and unpopular view

A lot my concerns regards limerick current management and style I think, fair enough if people don't agree but surely my opinion won't be dismissed as non valid as before, after this week games, as this week I don't think it's unreasonable to question the current management tactically limerick senior hurlers or the fact gavin o mahonry a terrific half back on he's day is certainly very questionable to be seemed as an centre forward of inter county standard
    It is not meant to come across as a told anyone so genuinely merely if anything this week would say maybe my concerns would be acknowledged now in there Is imo serious questions to be answered with this team

my views are different however to some views I agree
    My views may seem negative regards certain teams in limerick or even with some cork teams at times I understand, but only as my opinion I call it as I see it

I have as many know praised minor last year and have full of confidence for this year under twenty one team who if not this year imo certainly win all Ireland I think the year after, they were beaten in a challenge by cork last week in North cork venue, but it was a highly competitive intense game and cork had a stronger team as limerick had few absent but limerick gave cork a full intense game and limerick will be happy considered few starters were missing

I see a marked difference with limerick under twenty one set up than last year
    Last year I was Said they would be beaten before they started however this current set up is very good in every department imo and will continue to improve imo and they have a fine panel picked but it's not fully finished yet I think

Just to add I said this before I want limerick win senior all Ireland and as many know here support minors last year in my posts
    I certainly don't jump with joy when they are beaten, yes the way Wallis, o grady and cunningham have been treated I wouldn't be as huge a fan,I'm not going to pretend I am but that more with county board than anything else as lot genuine people limerick hurling do deserve win an all Ireland and I would not begrudge those fans at all at all to be honest imo but yes I was going for ballyhale as I wanted shefflin to win and also cork club scene is dire but all we hear in cork if Kilmallock won is sarafields be puck ball from the all Ireland as sarafields pushed them to extra time which imo do cork no favours
    It may seem harsh view towards kilmallock,to go against them on basis cork view I agree but look I put cork first just like I'd expect limerick lads put there teams first

On another occasion I'd have went for kilmallock as I'm huge fan some their players particularly minor full back paddy loughin who I praised many times here and I think this lad has senior full back potential down the line and I'm a huge fan of ghrame mulchay who imo outstanding hurler who deserves all Ireland

Just one example why you must call a spade a spade
    The outstanding absolutely outstanding management under twenty one football cork Sean Hayes last week in examiner spoke how he was appalled by performance cork v limerick and right fully so as culture cork under twenty one football has become now in winning in munster demands cork perform v limerick in game played but cork were horrendous lazy that night and was not acceptable the performance
    Many felt Hayes was harsh but most cork didn't
    Hayes was not being disrespectful to limerick as in expected cork to win handy in much same way limerick were no way being disrespectful to offaly expect to win imo in both teams on paper and as bookies forecast expect to win

Hayes wanted a reaction from the players and he got it tonight but only by being truly honest and blunt to call failure failure
    Hayes could of said we won and left at that but the good managers alway see beneath a win and make changes where necessary and he made three for the kerry game

With the greatest respect beating limerick was not good enough cork football as cork performance was dire absolutely dire when you compare the panels of both teams

He didn't say anything that was not true imo
    He imo sent message to the players that sub standard performance in any game would not be accepted

Look at tonight, he was vindicated
    A depleted cork to an extent with savage injury and lot disruption in missing key players training last two months at various stages and missing few tonight were outstanding tonight and beat kerry and that all came from the manager calling a spade a spade and demanding better
    Crucial was he knew when to give tough love and when to belive in them
    Last few days he spoke how limerick game would be blessing a disguise and he fully believed cork would win and he believes in he's players
    He crucially got the timing rights, he critsom after last Wednesday, the day after but in the lead up gave he's panel he's vote confident publically

They responded tonight with a wonderful performance tonight
    Crucially Hayes himself as a manager realised he made mistakes himself the game last week but in team selection tonight and tactic when playing with seven forwards v sweeper system he gave he's team every chance to win tonight

In limerick imo there is no people to do what Hayes done call a failure a failure at times and demand better but it never seen as bad as it is and excuses are made , after Saturday loss that let's be honest was an absolute disaster for limerick hurling imo
    To be fair while I'm no fan of Tom Ryan as a manager he did today say Saturday was a disaster for limerick

I'm sorry if that offends people, it not meant to, but no point saying loss and failure be promoted is not a huge huge set back for limerick hurling imo when no division two team won all Ireland since 96
    And management have made some questionable decisions in picking the panel plus in three games made mistakes so imo it's reasonable to question them tactically going forward

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Cu Baire

I see your point in what you say regards some posters who never posted in while suddenly posting after the offaly game and you are correct imo some people see what they want to see regards any games, that happens in any sport imo

Just one example why you must call a spade a spade
    The outstanding absolutely outstanding management under twenty one football cork Sean Hayes last week in examiner spoke how he was appalled by performance cork v limerick and right fully so as culture cork under twenty one football has become now in winning in munster demands cork perform v limerick in game played but cork were horrendous lazy that night and was not acceptable the performance
    Many felt Hayes was harsh but most cork didn't
    Hayes was not being disrespectful to limerick as in expected cork to win handy in much same way limerick were no way being disrespectful to offaly expect to win imo in both teams on paper and as bookies forecast expect to win

Hayes wanted a reaction from the players and he got it tonight but only by being truly honest and blunt to call failure failure
    Hayes could of said we won and left at that but the good managers alway see beneath a win and make changes where necessary and he made three for the kerry game

With the greatest respect beating limerick was not good enough cork football as cork performance was dire absolutely dire when you compare the panels of both teams

He didn't say anything that was not true imo
    He imo sent message to the players that sub standard performance in any game would not be accepted

Look at tonight, he was vindicated
    A depleted cork to an extent with savage injury and lot disruption in missing key players training last two months at various stages and missing few tonight were outstanding tonight and beat kerry and that all came from the manager calling a spade a spade and demanding better
    Crucial was he knew when to give tough love and when to belive in them
    Last few days he spoke how limerick game would be blessing a disguise and he fully believed cork would win and he believes in he's players
    He crucially got the timing rights, he critsom after last Wednesday, the day after but in the lead up gave he's panel he's vote confident publically

They responded tonight with a wonderful performance tonight
    Crucially Hayes himself as a manager realised he made mistakes himself the game last week but in team selection tonight and tactic when playing with seven forwards v sweeper system he gave he's team every chance to win tonight

I agree with what you quoted above except that I feel that you are actually disrespecting the Limerick u21 football team and management. However as an outsider you could not be expected to have much knowledge of the quality of management and players on the Limerick team and this can be forgiven. In fact Limerick also went into that game somewhat depleted without their strongest defender but were still gutted to lose a game where they dominated possession.

I fully agree with your point on the "outstanding" Cork u21 football manager and I am sure you will recognise that the same happened earlier this year with the Cork senior football team where the manager put some of the responsibility on to the players for poor early season performances. They also responded with some "wonderful" performances. The senior management received a lot of criticism for this especially on the Cork thread here but fair play to you for recognising the need to call a spade a spade as you said above.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭thinkstoomuch1

Cu Baire wrote: »
    I agree with what you quoted above except that I feel that you are actually disrespecting the Limerick u21 football team and management. However as an outsider you could not be expected to have much knowledge of the quality of management and players on the Limerick team and this can be forgiven. In fact Limerick also went into that game somewhat depleted without their strongest defender but were still gutted to lose a game where they dominated possession.

I fully agree with your point on the "outstanding" Cork u21 football manager and I am sure you will recognise that the same happened earlier this year with the Cork senior football team where the manager put some of the responsibility on to the players for poor early season performances. They also responded with some "wonderful" performances. The senior management received a lot of criticism for this especially on the Cork thread here but fair play to you for recognising the need to call a spade a spade as you said above.

Sean Hayes said this after limerick game and like I said I was not being any way disrespectful to limerick football when you compare both panels cork expected to win well

In relation to the cork senior football the significant difference would be Hayes has with gene o driscoll proven success as manager something yet cork senior doesn't have and when Hayes questions performance players he did pick better team next day with better system something cork current management senior football didn't do when constantly picked players out position and ignored midfield issues
    Hayes has done superb with many club teams past and gene won all Ireland with o Donovan rossa also as player manager so when they choose to criticise I'd tend to lesson and crucially last night he solved full back
    He learned from that game and will have to again as tipp real danger cork could very well win as all bar one their management is with current senior team and outstanding peter creedson roscarbwry man know cork football very well and this tipp minor team got to all Ireland quatre final three year ago beat kerry twice and cork

I think last night result, not sure if you saw the game but cork performance was much better in basic skills and kerry would be stronger than limerick so nots any way disrespectful to say cork should beat limerick well

Kinnerk doing outstanding work under age but take time with limerick football

As regards being an outsider, no relevance to knowledge of any team in i know limerick football quite well and think most here even lead up to the game would expect cork to win well

For a team that had been so good at scoring long range points for the rest of the campaign, Kilmallock's long range shooting really let them down yesterday. What was most disappointing was the constant tactic of bombing high balls in on top of the full-forward line. It's a malaise that is also currently affecting the Limerick team - there has to be a realisation that change is needed and an ability to follow through on that when Plan A is not working out. There's no point in looking forward to the likes of Graeme Mulcahy returning to the inter-county side if our only plan is to boom stratospheric balls in his general direction.

I was reading in the paper there was a perceived weakness in their team to the high ball. Kilmallock targetted it, and it failed. After getting the early disallowed goal, they probably believed they'd get another one or 2. S!it happens.

They'll stay away every time the county wins and they'll pop back in whenever we lose with their "I told you so" style nonsense, it's more than a little pathetic.[/quote

However just to distance my self form the group you refer to I simply didn't post in a bit quite simply whenever I post anything against current management or referred to limerick as being orthodox direct one dimension in hurling style I found I would often be seemed as controversial and unpopular view

Wasn't necessarily directing that at yourself, I don't agree with your views on certain issues and I do feel you can be inflexible (not necessarily an insult that, you don't sit on the fence!) but I would in no way consider you a sh1t stirrer.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Hurlers naming their team at 9; might as well be an experimental one at this stage. We need a win but he might as well keep Hannon at centre-back for now unless he wants to give Quaid a go. Murphy probably deserves a shot in goal, I'd like to see Seanie O'Brien start in the corner if we do intend using him as one of our main backups this year.

Tobin needs to start again obviously, I'd like to see Tom Morrissey start at full-forward if Dowling is suspended (presumably is).

• Registered Users Posts: 6 PrimaryRush

Team:Aaron Murphy (Hospital Herbertstown), Stephen Walsh (Glenroe), Richie McCarthy (Blackrock), Seanie O Brien (Patrickswell), Cathal King (Na Piarsaigh), Declan Hannon (Adare), Conor Allis (Croom), James Ryan (Garryspillane), Paul Browne (Bruff), David Reidy (Dromin Athlacca), David Breen (Na Piarsaigh), Donal O Grady (Capt)(Granagh/Ballingarry), Thomas O Brien (Patrickswell), Patrick Begley (Mungret) and Sean Tobin (Murroe Boher).

Murphy; Walsh, McCarthy, SO'Brien; King, Hannon, Allis; Ryan, Browne; Reidy, DBreen, O'Grady; TO'Brien, Begley, Tobin.

Right, for starters it's about time Murphy got a game. Possibly bring Quaid on outfield as a sub? Doubt it though.

Finally a change made in the full back line but enforced due to Hickey taking a knock.

Disappointed to see Dan Morrissey dropped, more games he gets the better but at the same time I'm happy to see King get a game in a position a bit more suitable for him than midfield.

Hannon at 6; no point ditching that after one game. Give him this game and the quarter final. If it works; great. If not, just move him back up the pitch for the championship. It's that simple. Some were too hasty to write him off after the last day but he didn't do any worse than Wayne had done there all year, Wayne's form has been off this year, we've been crying out for an alternative in that position for years so we should give this a chance. We'll never find a solution if we ditch anyone who doesn't put in a Ciarán-Careyesque performance in their very first game.

Midfield; I'm always happy to see Ryan and Browne but with a big quarter final on the horizon this would have been a good opportunity to rest one of them.

Half forward line; okay but a bit light in terms of scoring threat, disappointed not to see Lynch included.

Full forward line; I'm all for giving Begley a chance but not if it means continually bombing long balls in on top of him time and time again. Tobin will be our primary threat in the forward 6. And I'd have preferred Tom Morrissey to TO'Brien but at the same time I don't begrudge O'Brien a first (but probably last) start of the year (excluding WCC).

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭LMK

IMO Breen and Dodge together in the HF line causes a problem because neither is quick over the first few meters, its when the ground dries up the problem arises.
    I'd prefer to keep DH in the forward line he along with G Mul, Seanie T & Shane D have the quick hands and balance that can score when space is a premium
    Delighted to see Stephen Walsh back in as a regular he had a solid year in '13 and in the corner that's as much as you can ask for.

It's an interesting enough team, I suppose and to be fair to TJ, he's giving a chance to most players.

Good to see Murphy in goal. Slight pity we haven't tried Quaid outfield, probably a bit late for that now.

Good to see Seanie O'Brien given a chance in defence, we do need to know whether he's good enough against top opposition though, wouldn't mind seeing him start the quarter too. I'm not 100% gone on Walsh either, he's been solid-ish but the full-back line struggled against Wexford and I think he was on McGovern.

King at wing-back? I actually think he is most suited to midfield and if he didn't have the hurling for it, I'm not sure whether there's a spot for him. Dan Morrissey has been better than the 2 starters this year, Allis is nowhere near a wing-back imo. Miss Tom Ryan a lot. Still looks to be our weakest line by a long way... I fear we're going to see Paudie in here again just because there's no one else. Worth trying Hannon a bit longer.

Midfield fine, maybe would have given someone else a go but realistically, they're going to start and they add strength to the team as a whole.

Breen at centre-forward? Interesting... would have thought Dodge would start there. Good to see Reidy get a shot on the wing though. Lynch has had a few shots already, I'd say he might get the nod for big games.

Begley was probably always going to get the start in the absence of Dowling, but while he is the forward most suited to the high ball... I fear slightly. He's not really good enough to beat a defender out in front, like Morrissey or Dowling or Tobin/Mulcahy are. Hope we vary our gameplan, both O'Brien and Tobin are lively corner-forwards and while the theory of having them feed off a big lad is good, I'd like to see them exploit their men with their pace and skill. Tommy O'Brien is probably the quickest player in Limerick.

A bit of variation needed.

I think Tom Morrissey is the one player who hasn't got as much of a chance as I'd have liked. Pretty much everyone else has gotten a decent run. Some maybe too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭francozola

FireBall what happened with Tom Ryan, why did he leave the panel.

Must say - Tommy & Seanie O'Brien have been nice additions to the panel.
    Dan Morrissey found the going tough last week, no doubt enjoyed some celebrations after winning the Fitz.

I don't think the panel is stronger compared to last year:(

• Advertisement

Tom Ryan won't be available for the forseeable future but he's young yet and has the talent and plenty of time to return to the panel in the future. He just had to leave for personal reasons, was not due to a fall out with management or anything like that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

Sean Hayes said this after limerick game and like I said I was not being any way disrespectful to limerick football when you compare both panels cork expected to win well

In relation to the cork senior football the significant difference would be Hayes has with gene o driscoll proven success as manager something yet cork senior doesn't have and when Hayes questions performance players he did pick better team next day with better system something cork current management senior football didn't do when constantly picked players out position and ignored midfield issues
    Hayes has done superb with many club teams past and gene won all Ireland with o Donovan rossa also as player manager so when they choose to criticise I'd tend to lesson and crucially last night he solved full back
    He learned from that game and will have to again as tipp real danger cork could very well win as all bar one their management is with current senior team and outstanding peter creedson roscarbwry man know cork football very well and this tipp minor team got to all Ireland quatre final three year ago beat kerry twice and cork

I think last night result, not sure if you saw the game but cork performance was much better in basic skills and kerry would be stronger than limerick so nots any way disrespectful to say cork should beat limerick well

Kinnerk doing outstanding work under age but take time with limerick football

As regards being an outsider, no relevance to knowledge of any team in i know limerick football quite well and think most here even lead up to the game would expect cork to win well

Paul Kinnerk is hardly with the undeage a wet week and he is not going back to Clare in sone form in 2016

Fireball07 wrote: »
    It's an interesting enough team, I suppose and to be fair to TJ, he's giving a chance to most players.

Good to see Murphy in goal. Slight pity we haven't tried Quaid outfield, probably a bit late for that now.

Good to see Seanie O'Brien given a chance in defence, we do need to know whether he's good enough against top opposition though, wouldn't mind seeing him start the quarter too. I'm not 100% gone on Walsh either, he's been solid-ish but the full-back line struggled against Wexford and I think he was on McGovern.

King at wing-back? I actually think he is most suited to midfield and if he didn't have the hurling for it, I'm not sure whether there's a spot for him. Dan Morrissey has been better than the 2 starters this year, Allis is nowhere near a wing-back imo. Miss Tom Ryan a lot. Still looks to be our weakest line by a long way... I fear we're going to see Paudie in here again just because there's no one else. Worth trying Hannon a bit longer.

Midfield fine, maybe would have given someone else a go but realistically, they're going to start and they add strength to the team as a whole.

Breen at centre-forward? Interesting... would have thought Dodge would start there. Good to see Reidy get a shot on the wing though. Lynch has had a few shots already, I'd say he might get the nod for big games.

Begley was probably always going to get the start in the absence of Dowling, but while he is the forward most suited to the high ball... I fear slightly. He's not really good enough to beat a defender out in front, like Morrissey or Dowling or Tobin/Mulcahy are. Hope we vary our gameplan, both O'Brien and Tobin are lively corner-forwards and while the theory of having them feed off a big lad is good, I'd like to see them exploit their men with their pace and skill. Tommy O'Brien is probably the quickest player in Limerick.

A bit of variation needed.

I think Tom Morrissey is the one player who hasn't got as much of a chance as I'd have liked. Pretty much everyone else has gotten a decent run. Some maybe too much.

Hannon does not have the work rate for 6- Someone like Tony Kelly would run riot on him. Wayne will be fine, he holds the line and grows as the championship goes on.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

Does Hannon play at 6 much in his career?

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Mehapoy

Tom Ryan won't be available for the forseeable future but he's young yet and has the talent and plenty of time to return to the panel in the future. He just had to leave for personal reasons, was not due to a fall out with management or anything like that.
    I don't know, he wasn't u21 last year so is 23 now? The inter county game has gone so intense you'd need a year to get used to the fitness and pace and with a raft, hopefully, of minors and u21s coming up hell get overtaken very quickly, very hard to turn it on and off like that especially when you're in mid 20's, maybe if he was 20 and taking a year it'd be different but after 21 you're going to find it very hard to come back

sasta le wrote: »
    Does Hannon play at 6 much in his career?

Primarily used there in his underage career for Adare and has played there for Limerick minors. Also played there for Mary I up until this season. On the one hand; plenty of time spent in that position. On the other hand, has only played there twice competitively at senior level. Last weekend for Limerick, and before that, just once for Adare when he was brought on as a 16 year old in the county championship against Knockainey (although that was on the wing with Mark Foley in the centre)

Worth giving it the Laois game and the quarter final. Might work, might not. But definitely worth finding out ahead of the championship.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Mehapoy

francozola wrote: »
    FireBall what happened with Tom Ryan, why did he leave the panel.

Must say - Tommy & Seanie O'Brien have been nice additions to the panel.
    Dan Morrissey found the going tough last week, no doubt enjoyed some celebrations after winning the Fitz.

I don't think the panel is stronger compared to last year:(
    I'd agree with you there, I don't think anyone has really put the hand up for selection which is very dissapointing, maybe Dan Morrissey and Cian lynch, still have doubts about Stephen Walsh, if anything Cathal king and Conor Allis are playing themselves out of Contention, it's been a very frustrating league with the injuries and kilmallock lads missing, hard to see where the team is at all at the moment, guess we'll have to wait and hope they turn up on the first day out in summer, like the last few years...

Vanolder wrote: »
    Hannon does not have the work rate for 6- Someone like Tony Kelly would run riot on him. Wayne will be fine, he holds the line and grows as the championship goes on.

While this is true, he was still taken to the cleaners by Bonner last year. He was then the best of that line against Cork & Wexford. He was fine against KK too except for his inability to flatten Richie Hogan. Wayne's a talented player but sometimes his concentration slips and he's not as natural a hurler as some of the others. He's also not the best in the air.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Twoman Fullbackline

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Laois beat us. That half-back line will struggle from the get-go. Would have given Fitzgibbon a run in midfield for this game and would also have played Tom Morrissey over Thomas O'Brien.

• Advertisement

Putting Hannon at 6 is a waste of talent.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement