Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*Limerick GAA news/discussion thread*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Deise_2012 wrote: »
    Adare will beat Croom? for the weekend accumulator lads :)

I hope you didn't bet on them.....

Big win for Patrickswell last night. 6-15 to 16 points against Murroe. Wasn't at it but all I know is the goals came from Kevin O'Brien, Thomas O'Brien and Lar Considine (2 each)

If they keep up this form they could get far. Currently in the top 4 along with doon, kilmallock and na piarsigh in my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭lim4ev

Looked at the odds for the well match yesterday they were 1/4 on and at that looked very good value pity i didn't go with my hunch.

They can't be far off this yr they have the 3 o briens carmody byrnes lynch and i'm sur more plus they have one of their own in their corner.Imo they have taken over Adare and moved into the top 4

lim4ev wrote: »
    Looked at the odds for the well match yesterday they were 1/4 on and at that looked very good value pity i didn't go with my hunch.

They can't be far off this yr they have the 3 o briens carmody byrnes lynch and i'm sur more plus they have one of their own in their corner.Imo they have taken over Adare and moved into the top 4

Always hammer Murroe so would have been a safe bet alright. Adare are in shocking form alright. To draw with both ballybrown and croom is quite bad by their standards. The Kilmallock v Patrickswell match will be very interesting as it'll be their first big test.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭pajoguy

Limerick getting a trimming in the challenge against Kilkenny. 2-21 to 0-12 half way through 2nd half. Two strong teams out. Probably question the idea of putting out such a team as most of lads would have played already this weekend. Then again a "b" team would have been destroyed as kilkenny always seem to field strong teams for challenges. Couple of injury concerns too according to Liam Aherne.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭glasagusban

pajoguy wrote: »
    Limerick getting a trimming in the challenge against Kilkenny. 2-21 to 0-12 half way through 2nd half. Two strong teams out. Probably question the idea of putting out such a team as most of lads would have played already this weekend. Then again a "b" team would have been destroyed as kilkenny always seem to field strong teams for challenges. Couple of injury concerns too according to Liam Aherne.

Seems nonsensical.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Walter.White

Seems a bit crazy to play a challenge match this weekend alright.
    Three matches in the space of a week is bound to lead to injuries.

Gavin, wayne and walsh all came off injured tonight. Browne and mulcahy injured in club games. Limerick Leader.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Playing a challenge game on the same weekend as club games is absolute lunacy.

Kildimo/Pallas got their first win of the campaign, deserved victory over Claughaun in Mungret just there. 0-8 to 0-1 at half-time, Claughaun came back into it but we were able to see it. Limerick minor Darren O'Connell absolutely tortured the poor fella marking him, ran riot.

Club hurling results this weekend:

Senior
    Group 1
    Ahane 1-14 Effin 2-10
    Kilmallock 3-15 South Liberties 1-12
    Patrickswell 6-15 Murroe/Boher 0-16

Effin mounted a late comeback against Ahane, drew level after scoring two goals after having being 8 points down with not long left but Ahane hit the last score to win. It would have been a big shock if Effin had got a result sans Nickie Quaid but must be worrying for Ahane. A hat-trick for Paddy O'Loughlin got Kilmallock the win but Graeme Mul had to go off injured which may be a worry. Obviously the standout result is the Well's one. 2 goals each for two of the O'Briens, Tommy & Kevin, and Lar Considine got 2 aswell. Seanie Tobin scored 11/16 for Murroe/Boher, too reliant on him. Some people beginning to talk about Patrickswell as contenders, probably a bit early to be doing so... you wouldn't think they have the same depth as the big two but it's been a very impressive start for Carey. Worrying for Murroe/Boher though, that's an awful beating and after losing to Liberties, it's between them and Effin for relegation now.

Group 2
    Adare 1-13 Croom 2-10
    Doon 2-18 Bruff 0-09
    Na Piarsaigh 2-18 Ballybrown 0-18

Another draw for Adare, worrying start for them. I mean they are third but will they get anything against NaP/Doon. Even a point could be very valuable for Croom yet. Bruff were hammered by Doon and Paul Browne had to go off injured, possibly missing the Tipp game, which is awful news. And Na Piarsaigh were losing at half-time but came strong in the 2nd half- Dowling & Adrian Breen got the goals. Hard to know who will qualify with NaP & Doon here, should be Adare but Ballybrown do look better this year and Bruff might have something to say too.

Premier Intermediate
    Bruree 3-08 Dromin/Athlacca 2-11
    Granagh/Ballingarry 0-13 Pallasgreen 0-10
    Knockainey 1-16 Garryspillane 1-11
    Monaleen 4-17 Blackrock 3-10

Stephen McDonagh's Bruree didn't beat a Dromin/Athlacca side who had lost both games so far, a draw there, so Bruree are now on 5 points. Still in a good position but this result shows how it can be unpredictable. The only team who seem to be ignoring that are Knockainey, another win for them, against a strong Garryspillane team. They had 2 1-point victories, this one had a bigger margin, but they're sitting pretty on top. Monaleen's result is the most eye-catching, 4 goals and a 10-point win against a Blackrock side who were very strong in the group stage last year, it puts them third but G/B's win means there are now 4 teams on 2 points in joint 4th, with Dromin/Athlacca on 1. On paper, any of these teams could beat each other but Knockainey & Bruree have put themselves in strong positions even at this stage. Going to be very tough on whichever two teams go down.

Intermediate
    Group 1
    Cappamore 1-13 Caherline 0-14
    Knockaderry 0-10 St. Kieran's 0-08
    Mungret 1-17 Feenagh/Kilmeedy 3-07

Strong start from Mungret, the only team to have two wins from two thus far and have a direct semi-final place in their sights. Caherline are the team who have lost both despite looking decent enough on paper. Still very hard to call in this group and no margin bigger than four points this weekend dshows that the games were very close.

Group 2
    Feohanagh/Castlemahon 0-14 Newcastlewest 1-07
    Glenroe 0-19 Hospital/Herbertstown 1-09
    Kildimo/Pallaskenry 0-15 Claughaun 0-10

Newly-promoted Feohanagh/Castlemahon and Glenroe have both laid down markers so far, two wins from two and two more impressive wins. Feohanagh/Castlemahon's victory over NCW probably came as a shock for some but it's a great win and that's an impressive start. Glenroe trying to make amends for last year, winning comfortably again. Hospital/Herbertstown have suffered two relegations on the trot, they don't want that to happen again, need a win soon. Claughaun have also started poorly, good for Richie Bennis to get a win with K/P though, they'll now be hoping to push for a quarter-final spot.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

Excellent stuff Fireball, thanks.

Fair play fireball

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭paddy no 11

Was there last night, a B team would have destroyed, was madness playing in first place though. lost 3-24 to 15

Only the first half was relevant, KK got 2 early goals in 2nd half, match was non event after that.

In the first half our corner backs were at sea, walsh and king were cleaned out. first 5 points came from kk FF line. We settled a bit after that. Really struggled to get ball past their half back line and all scores came from 50+ yards, Downes, reidy, Fitzgibbon, POB and dodge all scoring good points.

Murphy
    walsh, went off after a bad stroke, should have been red, condon came on
    Richie
    King
    wayne, went off late from a bad challenge, should have been red, was bandaged up, hopefully ok
    GOM, went off with a hammy, SOB came on, wayne went center
    Morrissey
    fitz, Lynch came on and dodge moved to midfield
    POB
    dodge
    hannon
    reidy
    Downes
    Dowling, moved out to CF in 2nd half
    Tommy o brien, Morrissey came on

Unfair to comment on players some of whom played championship the day before.

Richie was outstanding

Browne could be out for a while with his injury. Nicky cant be far off coming back

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Twoman Fullbackline

You'd imagine Fitzgibbon would be in line for a starting spot midfield if Browne is gone. Hopefully the rest of the injuries aren't too bad, Mulcahy and GOM in particular would be major losses if they aren't right for the 21st.

Downes I note picked off 3 points for NaP and picked off 2/3 points in this challenge last night, hopefully he is coming good ahead of the Tipp game, would be a huge boost if he comes into this match on form.

i was at the Kilmallock match and indeed Mulcahy did go down and at first i thought it might have been serious as he was stamping his foot off the ground as if he was in pain but he got up and played on so i was guessing it was a dislocated finger or something like that so if it was the injury he picked up v Liberties i don't see it being a problem[hopefully]

I don't see the logic in playink kk last night

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭glasagusban

You'd imagine Fitzgibbon would be in line for a starting spot midfield if Browne is gone. Hopefully the rest of the injuries aren't too bad, Mulcahy and GOM in particular would be major losses if they aren't right for the 21st.

Downes I note picked off 3 points for NaP and picked off 2/3 points in this challenge last night, hopefully he is coming good ahead of the Tipp game, would be a huge boost if he comes into this match on form.

Fitz scored a super point last game but ready for a start at midfield, I don't know yet. Paudie and Jimbob with a more conventional half forward line I'd say. Although Fitz would be a more like for like replacement for Brownes maybe. Downes looked rusty but had some good moments for the club at the weekend. He needs as much hurling as possible and hopefully get his confidence back up, those two matches will do him no harm.

Tickets for 21st June now on sale in tickets.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Lester Freamon

Anyone know when tickets for the Tipp game are due on sale? Have they been distributed to the clubs locally yet?

Anyone know when tickets for the Tipp game are due on sale? Have they been distributed to the clubs locally yet?

Now on sale on tickets.ie

Heard limk played cork in u21 wed night anyone with any info?

• Advertisement

Heard limk played cork in u21 wed night anyone with any info?

Some details in Cork thread, neither team at quite full-strength, Cork won by a goal. Cian Lynch at centre-forward for Limerick, Kevin O'Brien injured.

Fireball07 wrote: »
    Some details in Cork thread, neither team at quite full-strength, Cork won by a goal. Cian Lynch at centre-forward for Limerick, Kevin O'Brien injured.

When you say o brien injured do you mean he got injured in this game?Any sign of Michael casey from nap?Thought he had a bright future and am still hopeful

When you say o brien injured do you mean he got injured in this game?Any sign of Michael casey from nap?Thought he had a bright future and am still hopeful

From what I understand, KOB picked up an injury for the Well and wasn't involved.

Casey wasn't in the starting team but I'd be surprised if he wasn't involved in some way, wasn't he on the intermediate panel?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭thinkstoomuch1

Fireball07 wrote: »
    From what I understand, KOB picked up an injury for the Well and wasn't involved.

Casey wasn't in the starting team but I'd be surprised if he wasn't involved in some way, wasn't he on the intermediate panel?
    He was on the panel and a fine hurler

Brown and mahony big doubts for the tipp game

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭skintiam

Would anyone know how far back row MM is in the Mackey Stand, does it go A-Z then AA ?

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Pandiani

skintiam wrote: »
    Would anyone know how far back row MM is in the Mackey Stand, does it go A-Z then AA ?

Yep A at the very front up to Z, then AA etc, MM towards the back

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭skintiam

Pandiani wrote: »
    Yep A at the very front up to Z, then AA etc, MM towards the back

Thanks, I thought so just wishful thinking that it might start at AA :).

To be honest, it's not as if it goes that far back, MM is still going to be pretty near the pitch even if it's the very back.

He was on the panel and a fine hurler

Brown and mahony big doubts for the tipp game

I don't honestly know about M casey i must check the programme one for the future i would hope

• Advertisement

Galway- 5 goals
    Waterford- 3 goals

Admittedly, both against lacklustre defences but that's how you put a team to the sword. Limerick did it against Wexford last year and we romped home. Goals win games and we won't get near an All-Ireland or even a Munster without an ability to get goals. Sometimes you just have to take the risk and go for it, and I think Mulcahy/Lynch/whoever should be encouraged to go for it if they see the opportunity.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement