Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*Limerick GAA news/discussion thread*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭thinkstoomuch1

If Byrnes, Lynch and ALTC have been added to the panel it adds three options for wing back and two for wing forward. Dan Morrissey seems to have been forgotten about as a half back option too and has also been playing half forward for the club. He hasn't fully convinced yet for limerick but is a player with potential to be a county wing back. Quaid is back fit. Some have questioned how he was able to play a club game but wasn't ready for limerick, I think with a position like goalie you definitely don't want to throw in a guy with no hurling done who mightn't be fully sharp so it was the right call to hold him back. We need a change in goals. But there might be a case to roll the dice and play Quaid half back? It's a pity there isn't a few more weeks ahead of this game to assess players form in training and pick accordingly. Players were with the clubs for a week, presumably one week training on which to judge them with a light week before the match. Lot of tough calls to make.

For me, I'd want Wayne Mc and Downes starting and Browne should be restored to midfield with Paudie, Dodge and either Condon or Walsh dropping out. I think I'd start Ronan Lynch too, wing back, not wing forward.

Quaid could be an option. As could moving Gavin to half forward, but I don't think it's the time of year to be looking at radical moves like that.

Wayne mac can't imo start half back with o mahony as it as a unit lacks pace and Sunday proved you must have pace pace and more pace
    I'd have one and o mahony would start

It would be unfair to throw lynch in now to start with a team after a hammering and it's the wrong environment to do so and it's different starting Cian lynch but now limerick moral is going to be low
    Terribly unfair to play him in the coal face of midfield with no games behind him
    You must grow guide and nourish youth not throw them in at the deep end

O grady is the heart beat of this team and has to start but as a sweeper between half back and midfield using he's experience and reading and awesome hurling intelligence to sweeper up ball

The rest of your post i agree with and you make some good points regards downes in particular and like you I'm a huge fan

Might be some on the panel that aren't going to threaten a place IMO but I can't see what dropping players from the panel would do for anything, particularly morale wise. Wouldn't be surprised if Murphy started next game even.

I'd agree and it's a difficult decision in affecting moral and then shaking up the whole set up as like two man full back line said the team and panel needs to be refreshing as it's gone stale in some think there guarantee places but to get a new energy you must shake it up but it's difficult to balance this late in the season imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭zombieHanalei

Might be some on the panel that aren't going to threaten a place IMO but I can't see what dropping players from the panel would do for anything, particularly morale wise. Wouldn't be surprised if Murphy started next game even.

I agree, right now probably not the best time but once our 2015 season is over we need to make the right call on a number of players, I'm disappointed there wasn't a small bit of a shake up after the league. Even given our issues with unavailability of injured and Kilmallock players, our league campaign wasn't a ringing endorsement of the 30 man panel we finished the campaign with, it was clear at the end of March that a number of the players just weren't going to work out. I'm not suggesting complacency is an issue because I honestly don't know, but after the league campaign we had; neither dropping anyone combined with not adding anyone to the squad didn't exactly send out a message that the league campaign was unacceptable, it was pretty much a vote of confidence in the group, one which at the time was not merited in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭glasagusban

I agree, right now probably not the best time but once our 2015 season is over we need to make the right call on a number of players, I'm disappointed there wasn't a small bit of a shake up after the league. Even given our issues with unavailability of injured and Kilmallock players, our league campaign wasn't a ringing endorsement of the 30 man panel we finished the campaign with, it was clear at the end of March that a number of the players just weren't going to work out. I'm not suggesting complacency is an issue because I honestly don't know, but after the league campaign we had; neither dropping anyone combined with not adding anyone to the squad didn't exactly send out a message that the league campaign was unacceptable, it was pretty much a vote of confidence in the group, one which at the time was not merited in my opinion.

The league was poor and more experimentation would have been good but we actually used a lot of players, and with injuries and a lot unavailable it's no surprise it wasn't a good campaign. We had reason to expect better though.

I don't agree 2015 is over. I don't think we'll threaten an all Ireland but there are important games left. We need to salvage something from the season. Last year the Clare Wexford games were some of the best in the year even though no one expect either of them to do anything. We have at least one good game up yet.

Byrnes, ALTC, Dempseyx2, Morrisseyx2, Nash, Ryan, Finn, O'Connell, maybe even Quaid outfield and Murphy in goal all look like they may push for places next year. We need to show some basis for a team next year that these guys are going to come in to refresh.

Stall the ball, I didn't say 2015 was over! ;)

But ambitions have to have been scaled back by even the most optimistic supporters after last weekend. From where we are right now, getting to the semi finals would represent a success, quarter finals should be our minimum target, if we don't win our second round qualifier the year has been nothing other than a failure. (And of course failure to defeat Westmeath next weekend would be an unmitigated disaster!)

• Advertisement

The league was poor and more experimentation would have been good but we actually used a lot of players, and with injuries and a lot unavailable it's no surprise it wasn't a good campaign. We had reason to expect better though.

I don't agree 2015 is over. I don't think we'll threaten an all Ireland but there are important games left. We need to salvage something from the season. Last year the Clare Wexford games were some of the best in the year even though no one expect either of them to do anything. We have at least one good game up yet.

Byrnes, ALTC, Dempseyx2, Morrisseyx2, Nash, Ryan, Finn, O'Connell, maybe even Quaid outfield and Murphy in goal all look like they may push for places next year. We need to show some basis for a team next year that these guys are going to come in to refresh.
    I don't think anything bar an all Ireland final is seen as progress or anything to be cheerful off in every team in the cycle of dominance has to be realistic and this isn't a team in year one but as o mahony said many times this is a limerick team three years in now really and truly of their cycle and second year under management and a semi final again matching the last two years is only equal to the past two years but not great as minimum target if limerick want to be considered with the big boys had to be an all Ireland final

Three years in and not getting to an all Ireland final is not successful as limerick expect huge things this year and when you add in the league not getting promoted it is not a good season and being in division two next year means your looking at two years possible for real progress as division two isn't good for teams most of the time

Cork had a three year plan from day one with JBM and in year two got to a final but many in cork see last year as a failure and anything bar an all Ireland final is the same this year

There's no benefit in limerick winning one game and saying they salvaged something when the only way forward is to truly accept anything bar a final is unsuccessful
    The league wasn't seen as a disaster the way it should of been and we see the post effect now
    Limerick can introduce all the players they want next year but it's no good unless a modern coach tactically proven is added to the team
    The players are their but they need a system a direction and innovation something imo clearly lacking now

Ryan the way things are now I think needs to stay and finish he's term as there's no real candidates available but he could still work and be successful if he appointment a proven successful coach and allows him full total control of the system with a possession game the new style
    I truly truly believe the players are in limerick to win an all Ireland and I have always believed this

But ambitions have to have been scaled back by even the most optimistic supporters after last weekend. From where we are right now, getting to the semi finals would represent a success, quarter finals should be our minimum target, if we don't win our second round qualifier the year has been nothing other than a failure. (And of course failure to defeat Westmeath next weekend would be an unmitigated disaster!)

I see your point and I agree bar the fact if ye don't make a final it has to be seen as unsuccessful when this is year three for this team in year two of management with a lot of experience in the panel
    It must be accepted as it is as only then can limerick move forward and that is the same concept imo for any team in sport wanting success at the highest level

• Registered Users Posts: 38,352 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Wexford will beat ye in round 2

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Wexford will beat ye in round 2

Let them get over Cork first and lets see how the draw goes before making such an assertion! At this stage, I can't say with any great conviction that I am confident of making it past round two, in all likelihood, Dublin and one of Cork and Wexford await. Three teams who would be happy to draw us, they would particularly prefer to draw us instead of Clare.

We have the beating of those three teams but that is very much a mutual situation.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

They rushing in too many minors?is there fringe players/intermediate players that bit older who be worth a go

• Advertisement

I see your point and I agree bar the fact if ye don't make a final it has to be seen as unsuccessful when this is year three for this team in year two of management with a lot of experience in the panel
    It must be accepted as it is as only then can limerick move forward and that is the same concept imo for any team in sport wanting success at the highest level
    Oh I know, I'll just add a little more context to my original point.

It's an unsuccessful year, unless we pull something incredible out of the bag and actually make the final (not at all likely to happen) there is no way it can be argued progress has been made. All I see right now is stagnation.

If we make the semi, we will at least have matched our last two seasons, and to do so requires defeating Westmeath and two teams who are at present are at or are above our current level. At this stage it's basically a salvage operation, and making the semi's from where we are right now would be a success in itself when taken in the context of what overall has been an unsuccessful year.

Let them get over Cork first and lets see how the draw goes before making such an assertion! At this stage, I can't say with any great conviction that I am confident of making it past round two, in all likelihood, Dublin and one of Cork and Wexford await. Three teams who would be happy to draw us, they would particularly prefer to draw us instead of Clare.

We have the beating of those three teams but that is very much a mutual situation.
    I'd agree cork have a huge game to beat Wexford and it's by no means an easy game

If cork play limerick wed rather it as it's direct orthodox styles both teams favour rather than a fully fit sweeper clare

Cork won't fear limerick but limerick won't fear Cork as you say as have huge full back line issue and no depth panel like limerick
    It would be a close game and if limerick were ruthless and played for goals they would beat Cork full back but Cork would feel there goal in them on limericks defence but none cork limerick seem be getting goals so it be hard games to call and really only who ever improves in scoring goals and defence

If cork get to round two it means they beat Wexford and that's momentum but only advantage cork have
    Apparently cork can only play Clare and limerick
    Cork would prefer limerick
    Limerick can play Dublin or Cork
    Dublin wont be a major threat yet as there trying a possession game to build one
    I presume limerick would rather Dublin over cork
    But they don't have anything to fear with Cork either imo

Seniors v 21s today? Anyone know where or when?

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭lim4ev

I'm afraid I don't think we can recover from last weekend thought earlier we could but not anymore there's something not right in the camp unfortunately I hope i'm wrong and that's why they should make a lot of changes for the next big game bring in more of the younger lads and blood them for next yr.

Mackey is ok for thur night apparently

lim4ev wrote: »
    I'm afraid I don't think we can recover from last weekend thought earlier we could but not anymore there's something not right in the camp unfortunately I hope i'm wrong and that's why they should make a lot of changes for the next big game bring in more of the younger lads and blood them for next yr.

Mackey is ok for thur night apparently
    The only thing that's not right in the camp is how the team is set up. This isn't something that has suddenly become an issue, it's been coming for a long time, our weakness has been apparent for a year now and given that management haven't actively sought to tighten up that weakness it was only a matter of time before we came up against a Kilkenny or Tipperary at their best on a dry day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Vanolder

Any word on the challenge match last night?

Was talking to someone who was at the challenge game against Kilkenny at the start of the month, he reckons that game was almost a carbon copy of how last weekends game turned out, six points down at half time, blew away in the middle of the second half, goals conceded in a similar fashion, same deficiencies all over the pitch. Similar margin of victory, team not defending from the front with same suspects in forward unit not working hard enough, and so on.

I'll forever maintain that we need to dispense with this "We're a championship team" mindset, it's one thing the fans saying it, but it concerned me to see similar style quotes coming from some players after the league, (and some fairly senior players at that), there didn't seem any real anger at not making it back to 1A, an acceptance of mediocrity.

Given that there are only 10 or so properly competitive counties, we should be seeking to be part of the top 6 in that group rather than the bottom four, I never once suggested we need to go out all guns blazing to win the league, but we should strive to be a part of the top table, scraping survival each season is far more valuable than a second place finish in 1B.

The problem with 1B is your weaknesses won't be exposed to top quality opposition, and likewise your strengths. You can get away with it in 1B, Wexford exposed us in the league but we got away with it, dug in and grounded out the win. And at the end of the day, the two points can paper over the cracks. It didn't matter that Wexford made mince meat of our defensive unit because we still got the win. If we went out and got a mauling against say Dublin and Kilkenny in successive league games then we are in a position where we have to react, where our weaknesses cannot be denied and we have to immediately work to make things right, and we can do so with the benefit of the championship being three months away. We don't have time on our side now.

If something is not right 1A will let you know straight away in no uncertain terms. 1B will allow you to paper over the cracks, you'll get away with things in 1B that you will get a roasting for in 1A.

I must admit I was normally one of those who didn't care too much about the league however this yr I was at all the matches bar the Antrim one and I was worried that we might not be able to switch it on, like before the clare game papered over it a little and I was a bit disappointed leaving thurles that day as clare were missing a good few top players and we struggled to beat them.Anyway we are where we are I think its unlikely we can recover this yr I hope i'm wrong of course, to shake it up i'd bring in as many new faces as possible I also think we have some players that we just can't drop as we don't have replacements but if we had options i'd drop them like a stone next yr we will have a few more options and for 2016 we possibly could have a starting 15 like

Quaid,m casey r English hickey le touche gom condon browne jim bob c lynch Flanagan B nash Morrissey dowling r lynch i'm only throwing this team out with little thought but you'd get my drift and maybe more of this yrs team will play i'd put in as much of the younger lads as possible.

For our next match i'd consider the following and if we had other options some of these players I name would not start.

Quaid,P browne,condon,hickey,r lynch gom w mac,j fitz,jim bob,c lynch downes dowling,morrissey hannon mul

Hard to know what kind of a team TJ will select. Not much that he's going to learn about new players so does he select the team he hopes to pick for the next round and see how it goes or try a few players and see how they integrate? I could see him starting Tobin who was in great form in the end of the league and unlucky not to start v Clare and then unlucky since. Does he take a punt on Byrnes or Lynch or even Quaid at half back?

Probably Quaid will be restored to goals to get match practice.

The full back line he'll have to decide to stick or twist. Walsh is everyone's candidate to lose out but hasn't done much wrong. Richie may have been hampered by injury and wasn't helped by what was going on out the field the last day but is he fit enough. I think we have to hope those issues have been addressed and start with him. Hickey has not been near his level of last year but again I'm not sure can we afford to move him. Our only full back line cover appears to be our two wing backs, or King at a push.

Half back Gavin surely stays at 6. Seanie has been a good addition and will keep his starting place, though he could be pushed forward to mid or even half forward or back into the corner. Condon probably won't be moved but he's most under pressure IMO. I'd want to see Wayne Mc start. I'd also strongly consider Byrnes or Ronan Lynch, maybe as second half subs.

Mids: Browne needs to be restored full stop. Paudie loses out IMO, not sufficient workrate. Jimbob is clinging on on the basis of past performance after the quietest outing I've seen from him last day O'Brien could start for him here.

Half forward: major surgery needed. I'd want to start Downes at 11. I'd shift Hannon to wing, whether he's there or left at 11 he needs to work his socks off and dominate his man the way we know he can, he should be getting puckouts landed on him and should win them too. Lynch moved out would be good to see and would accommodate Tobin starting inside who deserves a chance. I don't agree Dowling should be moved to half forward, he is a natural full forward and was our best player there against Tipp. Breen could start too to give him some game time, it was probably unfair to expect him to perform the last day out after only being back fit two weeks.

Full forward is Dowling. Lynch in one corner and Mulcahy in the other most likely. I'd like to see Tobin start. Mulcahy has been starting ahead of Tobin as of right. Not entirely sure it's justified and Tobin deserves a game, i'd start Tobin ahead of Mulcahy and that should motivate both, might be reversed then the next day out. John Fitz is another option here or at midfield but surely you couldn't play him and Browne alongside each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Mehapoy

Hard to know what kind of a team TJ will select. Not much that he's going to learn about new players so does he select the team he hopes to pick for the next round and see how it goes or try a few players and see how they integrate? I could see him starting Tobin who was in great form in the end of the league and unlucky not to start v Clare and then unlucky since. Does he take a punt on Byrnes or Lynch or even Quaid at half back?

Probably Quaid will be restored to goals to get match practice.

The full back line he'll have to decide to stick or twist. Walsh is everyone's candidate to lose out but hasn't done much wrong. Richie may have been hampered by injury and wasn't helped by what was going on out the field the last day but is he fit enough. I think we have to hope those issues have been addressed and start with him. Hickey has not been near his level of last year but again I'm not sure can we afford to move him. Our only full back line cover appears to be our two wing backs, or King at a push.

Half back Gavin surely stays at 6. Seanie has been a good addition and will keep his starting place, though he could be pushed forward to mid or even half forward or back into the corner. Condon probably won't be moved but he's most under pressure IMO. I'd want to see Wayne Mc start. I'd also strongly consider Byrnes or Ronan Lynch, maybe as second half subs.

Mids: Browne needs to be restored full stop. Paudie loses out IMO, not sufficient workrate. Jimbob is clinging on on the basis of past performance after the quietest outing I've seen from him last day O'Brien could start for him here.

Half forward: major surgery needed. I'd want to start Downes at 11. I'd shift Hannon to wing, whether he's there or left at 11 he needs to work his socks off and dominate his man the way we know he can, he should be getting puckouts landed on him and should win them too. Lynch moved out would be good to see and would accommodate Tobin starting inside who deserves a chance. I don't agree Dowling should be moved to half forward, he is a natural full forward and was our best player there against Tipp. Breen could start too to give him some game time, it was probably unfair to expect him to perform the last day out after only being back fit two weeks.

Full forward is Dowling. Lynch in one corner and Mulcahy in the other most likely. I'd like to see Tobin start. Mulcahy has been starting ahead of Tobin as of right. Not entirely sure it's justified and Tobin deserves a game, i'd start Tobin ahead of Mulcahy and that should motivate both, might be reversed then the next day out. John Fitz is another option here or at midfield but surely you couldn't play him and Browne alongside each other.
    I'd say there will be changes but can't see much more than minimal changes, can't see him bringing in a bolter like Byrnes or ronan lynch, I reckon Wayne mc in, Condon out, or Condon back to corner, Browne to mf with paudie o brien out, downes in ogrady out...
    Minors on Thursday night, hard to see them making up the 10 points they lost by the first day...even cork without Kingston...I wonder are they tempted on gambling by putting o loughlin up at 14, would need to bring in a new cb so probably too big a change at this stage, might happen later on in the game if they need scores...a bit of an audition for daly, if they go well and seniors continue with a horrible year the county boards heads might be for turning...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭paddy no 11

The minors can definitely turn it around, huge scope for improvement from cork game and kingston was the best player on the pitch. If cork stay where they were we'll win, if cork have improved which people alluded to given their selection the last time they will win. Either way would be disappointed if lose by more than 3-4 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Mehapoy

The minors can definitely turn it around, huge scope for improvement from cork game and kingston was the best player on the pitch. If cork stay where they were we'll win, if cork have improved which people alluded to given their selection the last time they will win. Either way would be disappointed if lose by more than 3-4 points.
    Limerick and cork teams named for minor match
    http://www.the42.ie/cork-limerick-minor-6-2189265-Jun2015/
    Not sure what cork are at naming Shane Kingston as no 25, if he's on the bench imo a good sign for Limerick, showing cork are very nervous and panicking maybe that they'll have to rush him back, either way if he's not ready its not fair on the young fella, if he is rushed back could do more damage.

Why isn't Tom Ryan on the panel

Had to leave for personal reasons, wasn't cut or dropped, won't feature this year. No idea if/when he'll be back but I do know current management would be delighted if he were able to return for them.

Heard he played a great game for the club at the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭shockframe

Footballers defeated by Tyrone as expected but seems as if they put up a reasonable performance given they hadn't met a team from the top division.

They've progressed under John Brudair and while it's disappointing that they were knocked out so early this year there is hope that a decent team is starting to emerge with the team of the 00s (Galvin, Lavin,Lucey etc) starting to break up which many thought would be bleak with them servants on the wane.

9 players under 23 started last sunday and Brian Fanning who did his leaving cert recently had a fine game when introduced.Added to a fine show by the 21s and Juniors against Cork and things definitely look a lot more promising than first thought.

Gearoid Hegarty was the biggest success of the year although the amount of games played in the spring had an effect later in the year. Stephen Cahill and Ian Corbett can be happy with the year too and the goalscoring of Peter Nash kept them in Division 3.

Division 3 survival was the objective for the year and they achieved that which was vital for them as relegation would have been a huge blow for a youthful squad.The first half no show against Clare cost them dearly though and missed an opportunity.

Be good if a few players came through in the club championship.Signs are that 6 or 7 teams will fancy it so you might have a couple of players keen to make an impact.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,042 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

shockframe wrote: »
    Footballers defeated by Tyrone as expected but seems as if they put up a reasonable performance given they hadn't met a team from the top division.

They've progressed under John Brudair and while it's disappointing that they were knocked out so early this year there is hope that a decent team is starting to emerge with the team of the 00s (Galvin, Lavin,Lucey etc) starting to break up which many thought would be bleak with them servants on the wane.

9 players under 23 started last sunday and Brian Fanning who did his leaving cert recently had a fine game when introduced.Added to a fine show by the 21s and Juniors against Cork and things definitely look a lot more promising than first thought.

Gearoid Hegarty was the biggest success of the year although the amount of games played in the spring had an effect later in the year. Stephen Cahill and Ian Corbett can be happy with the year too and the goalscoring of Peter Nash kept them in Division 3.

Division 3 survival was the objective for the year and they achieved that which was vital for them as relegation would have been a huge blow for a youthful squad.The first half no show against Clare cost them dearly though and missed an opportunity.

Be good if a few players came through in the club championship.Signs are that 6 or 7 teams will fancy it so you might have a couple of players keen to make an impact.

yeah very flattering result on tyrone's part , think they scored 1-1 in injury time to put an extra gloss on things, was keeping tabbs on the game sunday it seemed like there was never any more then 4 or 5 point in it for most of the second half

darragh treacy's black card didnt help things either but a very good performance none the less i think tyrone' next game against meath could be a little more straight forward too , the problem with limerick as same as clare in order to progress to the next level both counties need to develop a bench , where in the case of black cards and injuries an almost like for like substitute cane take place, but no doubt progress made despite the early exit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭shockframe

yeah very flattering result on tyrone's part , think they scored 1-1 in injury time to put an extra gloss on things, was keeping tabbs on the game sunday it seemed like there was never any more then 4 or 5 point in it for most of the second half

darragh treacy's black card didnt help things either but a very good performance none the less i think tyrone' next game against meath could be a little more straight forward too , the problem with limerick as same as clare in order to progress to the next level both counties need to develop a bench , where in the case of black cards and injuries an almost like for like substitute cane take place, but no doubt progress made despite the early exit

Developing a squad as you say is necessary now and Limerick could do with 3 or 4 more options in that department. At least 2 retirements could be on the cards so there'll be an opportunity for 1 or 2 players next season.

Brudair has been fair to a lot of players and hasn't been afraid to make hard calls (something that the hurling would want to learn from).He hasn't been helped that a few left the setup when they should be in their prime but the likes of Hegarty, Nash and Neville's commitment is second to none. Players in their early 20s will know know that Limerick are some bit respectable and will hopefully give it a go now.

Clare have a decent squad but injuries meant that they couldnt take the game to cork. Would have been very interesting if they had the full deck a fortnight ago.Wouldn't have been 12 points in it of that I'm certain.The game in Ennis was swung by our lack of experience as much as anything. In the 00s we beat Clare as we had a stronger hand with more know how. The roles were reversed in Ennis 5 weeks ago

If they get 3 or 4 back they could get to the last 12 of the all ireland.Where they might find it tough in the years ahead is a lot of the team are in their late 20s and how they cope with that will be their biggest obstacle.

I dont think Tyrone will have it all their own way against Meath. Tyrone are a pale shadow of what they were from 2003-10

Mehapoy wrote: »
    Limerick and cork teams named for minor match
    http://www.the42.ie/cork-limerick-minor-6-2189265-Jun2015/
    Not sure what cork are at naming Shane Kingston as no 25, if he's on the bench imo a good sign for Limerick, showing cork are very nervous and panicking maybe that they'll have to rush him back, either way if he's not ready its not fair on the young fella, if he is rushed back could do more damage.
    Main reason he's there is he only starter from last year game and captain and limerick have casey Loughlin flangan grimes and few more from the penalty so they have a core of leaders with experience something cork dont have experience in yet

There's an element of truth in what you say
    I doubt he'll be rushed back more just be on panel as bonus to the lads

Very strong limerick team from the ist game and a very difficult game for Cork away from home
    Hard to call it will be close
    Cork have good hurlers but in a huge game when pressure of on its going you be a big games tonight
    Like have huge experience from the last two yes
    Before I would said Cork would won but the way limerick regrouped after waterford and Kingston loss and home advantage to limerick this could be hard to call

Daly I rated as a manager and doubts were as he hadn't done it before as coach could he coach
    All credit due from the waterford game and what I heard since he's done good this bunch since the ist game and waterford was a good win when they learned from the ist game with flangan in he's best position
    Huge game for both and next week cork limerick munster intermediate final in limerick
    Another great rivalry

This year ard scoil beaten by Cork team but other schools games around even between cork and limerick
    Only for last minute disallowed goal by Adam O Brien I think limerick under seventh beaten cork last year all ireland championship in cork a game limerick played thirty minutes after their group game and having good record the last few years limerick won't fear Cork

Ist day wouldn't read much in to it in limerick had a big lead Cork came back but lot changed from that game

This is not yerra but I genuinely don't see how many writing off this limerick team
    Cork with lot injuries had good display last year here to loose closely but only Kingston started and he's out
    Looney came on as sub

Some very good hurlers on both teams that are worth watching in the coming years like Mackey Loughlin Murphy flangan in particular and looney o mahony cormack and smith
    This should be a good game bit if it's bad weather with both teams playing a sweeper it may not be the classic it could be but still very much a good game
    Limerick have a clean bill of health and are going well in recent challenges

Caroll who played it so well v waterford likely you would guess be the sweeper again
    Should be a big crowd at this

Limerick are in the role all limerick teams relish the under dog but that's from the ist game when limerick know there well able to hurl so they won't fear Cork as the last few years showed

• Advertisement

Getting ready to go to the grounds here's hoping, COME ON THE GREEN AND WHITE'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement