Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*Limerick GAA news/discussion thread*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭jordainius

I'm sorry you feel that way.

Oh really?? So you're going to deny that your sole intention of posting in this thread is to annoy people??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭calvin_zola

jordainius wrote: »
    Oh really?? So you're going to deny that your sole intention of posting in this thread is to annoy people??

:confused: I'm also sorry that perceive me to be posting like that... I think your being unfair I'm all for the hurling, sure I'll be shouting for limerick in 3 weeks, reckon they can give Tipp a good 50minute rattle if the fitness improves

:confused: I'm also sorry that perceive me to be posting like that... I think your being unfair I'm all for the hurling, sure I'll be shouting for limerick in 3 weeks, reckon they can give Tipp a good 50minute rattle if the fitness improves

I bet you think you're funny don't you? Have you seriously not got anything better to be doing??

I bet you think you're funny don't you? Have you seriously not got anything better to be doing??

why are you getting so upset? chill out man, whats your problem....

why are you getting so upset? chill out man, whats your problem....

Very chilled buddy. Just confronting and calling out a troll, simples. I have to go now as I have more constructive things to be doing. Final words; everyone knows your game, we all know what you're up to when you post in this thread, and you are delusional if you believe you can convince anyone otherwise, in which case I honestly feel sorry for you. Maybe some Limerick person upset you once upon a time and you have found yourself unable to get over it, and your way of dealing with it is to take to the internet and try to belittle Limerick GAA by getting little patronising "subtle" little digs in to as many of your posts as you possibly can, if that helps you cope, well good for you I guess, I just don't believe it will benefit you in the long run.

I wish you well though, I don't know what the origins of your Limerick grudge are, so I can't really help you. Be strong though, time heals all wounds, you'll get there someday so keep the faith. You can do it!

• Advertisement

Very chilled buddy. Just confronting and calling out a troll,

I take exception to that, have you ever considered going down the route of becoming a Mod?
    I wish you well though

cheers buddy
    I don't know what the origins of your Limerick grudge are

....your perceived grudge

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

It would be roughly 49 mins 30 secs better than Waterford and the mad Davy managed last year ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

washman3 wrote: »
    Ronan Lynch got around 10 pts.
    think this guy is still U-16??

He's the free-taker, but how many were from play?

I don't know whether he's still U-16, but Na Piarsaigh are certainly pumping out lots of good young hurlers atm.

It would be roughly 49 mins 30 secs better than Waterford and the mad Davy managed last year ;)

Wahey hon the boy :D

Here's the report of the minor game from the leader:

http://www.limerickleader.ie/sport/gaelic-games/limerick-minor-hurlers-defeat-cork-1-3800522

Ronan Lynch is indeed only 15, that's very impressive from him.

One thing that is noticeable from looking at the scores though is that we scored 11 out of 16 points from placed balls and not one player scored more than 1 from play. Obvioulsy I didn't see the game so I don't know whether the frees came from good scoring opportunities but you'd still like to score more from play. I'm sure other teams will be more disciplined.

Still, 0-11 from any 15-year-old at minor grade is hugely impressive.

The format for the Championship is still a bit of a joke, but it means we could be facing up against Cork again, I think, in our next game.

• Advertisement

Fireball07 wrote: »
    Here's the report of the minor game from the leader:

http://www.limerickleader.ie/sport/gaelic-games/limerick-minor-hurlers-defeat-cork-1-3800522

Ronan Lynch is indeed only 15, that's very impressive from him.

One thing that is noticeable from looking at the scores though is that we scored 11 out of 16 points from placed balls and not one player scored more than 1 from play. Obvioulsy I didn't see the game so I don't know whether the frees came from good scoring opportunities but you'd still like to score more from play. I'm sure other teams will be more disciplined.

Still, 0-11 from any 15-year-old at minor grade is hugely impressive.

The format for the Championship is still a bit of a joke, but it means we could be facing up against Cork again, I think, in our next game.

Ronan Lynch is unreal, I was at Pairc Ui Caoimh last night and i must admit ye where good... frees where gotten cause cos the players had to be fouled in some points.... can ye meet cork again?? if they beat kerry? hardly?

Ronan Lynch is unreal, I was at Pairc Ui Caoimh last night and i must admit ye where good... frees where gotten cause cos the players had to be fouled in some points.... can ye meet cork again?? if they beat kerry? hardly?

Well that's good to hear, hopefully he'll develop nicely.

That's what I heard anyway. The minor championship format has always been a load of ****e so it wouldn't surprise me. Clare are still involved too, of course. So I'm not sure but that's what I heard this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭deisedude

Mod Note: Calvin Zola and Jordanius cut out the bickering. The two of you are derailing the entire thread

Apparently we lost to Galway in a challenge match, 2-20 to 1-18.

Hannon, Dowling, Downes, Allis and Breen were all unavailable. Hickey was at corner-back, Condon at full-back. I have no idea what the performance was like or who the scorers were.

And we beat Dublin the week before amidst all the furore about Carey resigning but Dublin had a fairly weak team, I think.

As for the footballers, Tom Lee is back in the panel which is good to hear. A big boost around midfield especially with the Galvin injury.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

Jim Donovan is back too. played a full game for his club last week.
    kelly also on the mend...

Jim Donovan is back too. played a full game for his club last week.
    kelly also on the mend...

Good news all round, although... Galvin is the big one. If we don't have him, we'll find it hard to match the big teams. If he has to retire... :confused:

It'll be a long time before we see a player like him again in Limerick, I think. Genuinely top class. Darragh O'Sé is the only midfielder better than him in the last 10 years.

The report of the Limerick-Galway challenge game can be found at the link below:

http://www.limerickleader.ie/sport/gaelic-games/limerick-lose-to-galway-in-senior-hurling-challenge-1-3816908

Team was

Quaid; Walsh, McCarthy, Hickey; McNamara, DOG, Tomás Ryan; James Ryan, Browne; Seanie O'Brien, Maher, Allis; Mulcahy, Moran, Tobin

Geary, Breen, Paudie O'Brien, Tommy O'Brien, O'Mahony and Condon all came on at half-time.

Tommy Quaid got our goal when he came on, Allis scored 6, Browne got 4 from play.

Canning scored 1-8 for them, 1-2 from play but apparently once Geary went on to him, he was a lot quieter. But we had a lot of wides, very wasteful with our chances, which is something we'll need to work on before the Championship.

Though add Hannon, Dowling, Downes and Breen from the start into that attack, and it changes radically. I really hope they're all fit for the Tipp game.

Though add Hannon, Dowling, Downes and Breen from the start into that attack, and it changes radically. I really hope they're all fit for the Tipp game.

Thought Hannon was definitely out of the Tipp game???

Thought Hannon was definitely out of the Tipp game???

No, hasn't been ruled out definitely yet (as far as I know...). Last I heard is that he's doubtful. That doesn't sound good but I'm holding out some hope that he'll be back. Even if it's only as a sub for 20 minutes, normally we don't have players of that calibre on the bench.

2 weeks to the Tipp game, what team would you all pick? Some big choices to be made...full-back, centre-forward, full-forward.

• Advertisement

Lar is back training with Tipp. is that good or bad for morale in the Tipp. camp? what message does it give the lads who trained all winter and played National League.?
    Anyway good news for Limerick is that Hannon resumes training this Tuesday night.:):)

Lar is back training with Tipp. is that good or bad for morale in the Tipp. camp? what message does it give the lads who trained all winter and played National League.?
    Anyway good news for Limerick is that Hannon resumes training this Tuesday night.:):)

It's got to be good news for them. Having a player of his quality playing against us is very very bad. They've lacked goals in the league and he'll bring goals. Shít.

Good news about Hannon alright. Hopefully he'll make the starting XV in 2 weeks.

It's got to be good news for them. Having a player of his quality playing against us is very very bad. They've lacked goals in the league and he'll bring goals. Shít.

Good news about Hannon alright. Hopefully he'll make the starting XV in 2 weeks.

Lar has'nt picked up a hurl since last September, no way he will start against Limerick and as washman eluded to it would be sending out all sorts of bad messages to the panel that have actually done all the work if he were to.

Lar has'nt picked up a hurl since last September, no way he will start against Limerick and as washman eluded to it would be sending out all sorts of bad messages to the panel that have actually done all the work if he were to.

Still could come off the bench and is always likely to score. Mightn't have played since September but he's a hugely talented hurler, if he's been keeping fit, his touch won't have deserted him and he could cause massive trouble.

Hickey had to come off for Murroe/Boher at the weekend, could miss the Tipp game now. He'd be a big loss, he's a class player.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Hickey had to come off for Murroe/Boher at the weekend, could miss the Tipp game now. He'd be a big loss, he's a class player.

Just heard on Newstalk that he is out for 6-8 weeks. Massive blow.

Aidric wrote: »
    Just heard on Newstalk that he is out for 6-8 weeks. Massive blow.

Broken elbow or something...

He'll be a big loss alright. Means DOG will definitely start centre-back, and Walsh is most likely in the corner.

Read today that its highly unlikely that Lar will feature at all against Limerick. Tipp are looking well down the road and at the end of the day its at the 1/4 final stage that they need their best players on the field.
    Come all-Ireland semi final time Lar WILL be on the staring 15.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭TheSpecialOne

Well Lads what's peoples thoughts on this weeks MSF QF vs Waterford, I think we will win even though they did beat us in the league but we will need to vastly improve on our league performances and shooting if we are to do so! HON LIMERICK

Well Lads what's peoples thoughts on this weeks MSF QF vs Waterford, I think we will win even though they did beat us in the league but we will need to vastly improve on our league performances and shooting if we are to do so! HON LIMERICK

Limerick should win handy, not much confidence in the waterford team since Gary Hurney has been on the injury list, and the fact it is in Limerick.

• Advertisement

Every year we've done badly in the league, we've upped it for the Championship. Tipp/Waterford/Clare haven't been able to beat us in the Championship since Kearns was manager.

But I am getting a little worried now...I just have a feeling our time might be coming to an end. Galvin gone, possibly retiring...our underage teams get murdered while Tipp in particular are making huge strides at that level.

But as for this year, I think we can get a win. We mightn't have Galvin but Tom Lee is back, which is good news. I'm not sure about Jim Donovan's fitness, if we had the two of them in midfield, we'd win a lot of ball, which was the main problem in the league.

With a full team available, I think we are pretty strong- a very pacy attack, with some good players and our defence should be reasonably strong.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement