Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*Limerick GAA news/discussion thread*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭BarcodeMuncher

Colemania wrote: »
    Listen lads, TJs tactics and subs were poor yes but the players lost the game, not TJ. Dublin were there for the taking and we were just tragic. What was hickey doing at the end!!!! Downes was the only shining light from the full forward line. Lynch and Mulcahy were poor. So disappointing.

Now to watch Cork Clare hopefully put on a better match...

Wides were a big issue but it must be admitted that game plan seems to be fiery passion first and tactics less so,

Dowling off was a bad call too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

You say cork win you really me worried as your nearly always so far off mark with respect

I hope cork exceptional rule

Look have courtesy admit you were wrong wrong wrong regards cunningjham and I told you huge loss limerick and ten times better Ryan

Limerick better team but Ryan made awful school boy mistakes management

I was right cunningjham good manager but Dublin wont go much further as huge work be done but he's done well year one and will stay year two

You were wrong with kilmsllock wrong with Allen wrong with cunningjham and wrong with Ryan with respect despite logic showing other wise

Admit you got it wrong with cunningjham

No, this was Limk shooting themselves in the foot. Where Cunningham was good, was they were cynical, dragging players down and the ref not up to sending someone off until injury time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭Browney7

Totally off the pace this year. No good, no hope.

Wides were a big issue but it must be admitted that game plan seems to be fiery passion first and tactics less so,

Dowling off was a bad call too

Very poor decision, but the players aren't there to win an AI. Ryan should be sacked though, how we lost that match is beyond me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭thinkstoomuch1

Rightwing wrote: »
    No, this was Limk shooting themselves in the foot. Where Cunningham was good, was they were cynical, dragging players down and the ref not up to sending someone off until injury time.

With respect I have no intention going round circle you in if it's black you say it white

You got it wrong again regards cunningjham

I told you he was good manager

Limerick loss for shafting him
    Look who ye shafted it for

And he's there another two years

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Are you having a laugh

Management only reason they lost taking off dowling over Hannon starting Wayne mac bring on tobin

Breen bar goal was awful

Teams defence against awful but poor Dublin forwards should be cleaned three goals

No plan a or b

Team clearly as westmeath proved lacks energy belive Ryan

Seriously players not that bad

Listen I know you've a hatred of TJ, I don't rate him either and yes I know those players aren't that bad but did TJ influence their play so much that they suddenly turned sh*t? No he didn't. Did TJ make us hit so many wides? No. There's nobody on that bench that could have influenced the match except maybe Tobin. Hickey has been a different player to last year. Sure I suppose that's TJ is at fault there too....

Make no mistake, I want a change in management too and i'm not backing up TJ but you'd blame global warming on him if you could

Browney7 wrote: »
    Totally off the pace this year. No good, no hope.

Bottom line is its set back five years limerick hurling in Ryan two years left and I don't think board can of will sack him

They backed themselves in to corner

Very poor decision, but the players aren't there to win an AI. Ryan should be sacked though, how we lost that match is beyond me.

Should beat this Dublin team though, a semi-final would not have been too unrealistic, would they be able to get rid of him? Great servant as he is not quite caught up tactically, still a great man to have around.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

With respect I have no intention going round circle you in if it's black you say it white

What are you on about? Today showed nothing to justify cunningham being a good manager. Dublin were awful too and I've never seen them so bad. They just met an even worse team on the day

Listen I know you've a hatred of TJ, I don't rate him either and yes I know those players aren't that bad but did TJ influence their play so much that they suddenly turned sh*t? No he didn't. Did TJ make us hit so many wides? No. There's nobody on that bench that could have influenced the match except maybe Tobin. Hickey has been a different player to last year. Sure I suppose that's TJ is at fault there too....

Make no mistake, I want a change in management too and i'm not backing up TJ but you'd blame global warming on him if you could
    Again grow up

In rated him do hugely player will always be hero but not a manager

Don't be saying nonsense
    I don't hate Ryan

I admire he's commitment and passion and services but unlike some i keep emotions out it in I judge performance on results

Look management as many other said before today were awful and this reflection management than the players

• Advertisement

If he delivers silverware I'll be inclined to agree, but we'll go back to realism for a minute, .....every team will want to draw Dublin.

If he delivers silverware I'll be inclined to agree, but we'll go back to realism for a minute, .....every team will want to draw Dublin.

I told you that how far they go this year
    Im realist unlike some
    Bottom line is not poor manager you others thing
    Record proved it

Should beat this Dublin team though, a semi-final would not have been too unrealistic, would they be able to get rid of him? Great servant as he is not quite caught up tactically, still a great man to have around.

Absolutely. I'm not overly critical of TJ though on this display. A combination of bad luck, poor decision making, poor referee and taking off Dowling etc. Dublin pulled a fluke out of the bag.
    What are you on about? Today showed nothing to justify cunningham being a good manager. Dublin were awful too and I've never seen them so bad. They just met an even worse team on the day

To be honest I thought we were much the better team, really threw it away.

I told you that how far they go this year
    Im realist unlike some
    Bottom line is not poor manager you others thing
    Record proved it

I'd say you are the only one in the country impressed with Dublin. But I've nothing against them and wish them & indeed Cunningham well in the next round, I also happen to think they'll need it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭paddy no 11

Abysmal

Awful

Shocking

Deplorable

Management have to go, the coaching of this team is shocking

What can be brought back to the drawing board though, not much to build on. Presumably league promotion and a good go again next year but we nearly seem to be stagnating if not going backwards.

Rightwing just stop posting you haven't a clue

Rightwing just stop posting you haven't a clue

When I read someone post this type of rubbish, I'm glad you think that:
    ---
    Abysmal

Awful

Shocking

Deplorable
    --
    Chuckle chuckle ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

Agreed TJ should get the axe, the decline since Clare is shocking

No the decline since clare is not shocking in I said it then clare better team but injury haunted limerick win

Cork clare game ten times better awful standard limerick game and Cork would beat limerick but could loose clare as close game but Cork clare better limerick

Two teams playing much higher standard and only can be one winner

I feel for Limerick in a way as mulchay dowling McCarthy awesome game and Downes awesome lynch deserve good management to have chance winning as talent always believed in limerick hurling win all Ireland

• Advertisement

I'd say you are the only one in the country impressed with Dublin. But I've nothing against them and wish them & indeed Cunningham well in the next round, I also happen to think they'll need it.

You are so unable back post logic you have twist posts

Again I said Dublin are awful and need change won't win this year but cunningjham proved good manager

Read what I said not make it up as you go along with respect when you loose debate
    I wasn't impressive Dublin but impressed management getting everything out team well past it best dire need changing and waterford if loose will beat them handy quater final or tipp

No the decline since clare is not shocking in I said it then clare better team but injury haunted limerick win

Cork clare game ten times better awful standard limerick game and Cork would beat limerick but could loose clare as close game but Cork clare better limerick

Two teams playing much higher standard and only can be one winner

I feel for Limerick in a way as mulchay dowling McCarthy awesome game and Downes awesome lynch deserve good management to have chance winning as talent always believed in limerick hurling win all Ireland

Who can we get to replace TJ? Daly?

Not that many out there when you think about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Seemed.to be same story ad last week, got a goal, which cemented a decent lead, and then we just completely fell apart.. No direction in the slightest, should have been home and dry and half time and let Dublin back into the game..

Tj has to go..been no improvement at all since Clare!

Nothing to discuss after that, there's just so much wrong.

Move on to the minors tomorrow and the even more so the u-21 Thursday night some fantastic players involved in that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Stonehall9

Lads it's a sad state of affairs all round, but I'm afraid this is limerick hurling as we know it, anybody who knows limerick hurling and is completely honest on this forum knows that the politics and cliques that dominate limerick hurling will prevent limerick ever having there best team on the field.TJ only ever got the jobs because himself and mike Riordan are buddies -fact. Players on this panel are there because of who they are and not ability another fact. The real honest people at club level know there are hurlers in the county but never get a chance to even hurl a trial match, Justin mc car thy wanted to have open trials when he came in and they shut him down and handed him a panel already picked for him !! If lads on here dont believe me ye are only following hurling on paper ,

Who can we get to replace TJ? Daly?

Not that many out there when you think about it.

With greatest respect would you actually belive me if I give you option even though not many there now as anything I say you disagree with fair enough that your right

He could saved himself bring coach like I said in may but even coach won't do now as players imo lost all belief and it showed today

Tough one as board backed him over grady then gave him there three year deal so I'll be honest even though don't rate him fact they put faith him it would now be truly appalling sack him now and be another management disaster after o grady Justin and Wallis affairs so I'd leave him there finish term and don't think much else can do and bring coach and maybes yes things can change

Landers showed in cork some improvements so Ryan only hope new management team behind him clear air players he does what he's brilliant at man management but he leaves picking coaching team to proven tactical coach and need listen new coach

That my opinion but yes I could be wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭weetabix12345

It's all set up for daly to step in, he came in as head coach of Limerick’s underage hurling academy and is now involved with the Limerick minors so I have heard!! He is eyeing up potential for the seniors with our minors!
    It has been proven in Waterford!

Limerick need an outside man!

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Walter.White

That was very disappointing but it has been coming for a long time.
    Even if we had won we were only delaying the inevitable, any decent side would have tore us to shreds as we are a complete shambles at the moment.

I questioned the decision to name him manager from day 1 as only Limerick would give the job to someone who had a disastrous campaign with the under 21 team. I don't blame Tj but i blame the people who put him in charge of the team as he had no experience at managing a senior inter county team and this nonsense of we need a Limerick man over a Limerick team seems to have come into play. The county board has continually let Limerick hurling down with the look after their buddies approach and when its involved at county board level of course people are going to say that it creeps into team selections and overall it is to the detriment of hurling in Limerick.

We don't need a Limerick man over the team we need someone who is capable of taking this team and coaching them into a system that best benefits our players if that's a Limerick man so be it. Our players seem to have lost total believe in themselves and the system they are playing in.

We seem to be obsessed with playing a Limerick style of hurling , seriously where has that got us ? No where, continually falling at the last hurdle , putting it upto good teams but continually losing. Having some great performances here and there but never being consistent. No wonder all our forwards are lacking confidence when we continue to pump high ball into them and hoping that the big lads up front will get on the end of them and get goals. We need to change our style of hurling and I think someone like Paul Kinnerk would be the perfect person to bring in to coach some of the outstanding talent we have coming through before they come into a system that is plagued by politics, bad coaching, poor approach to preparation and a stupid attitude towards the league. The positives are we have some outstanding talent coming through and we need to act now and change or we will always be the nearly men.

It seems the only consistency with Limerick hurling is our ability to continually shoot ourselves in the foot.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Greensoup

There is no 3 year deal for Tj....this isn't the premier league.....there are no contracts.......when 3 years was said last August it also said a review after each year......our snakes in the county board always have a get outta jail card. Tj will either be removed or be made change his backroom team and/or a coach.....depends how many of his friends on the board stick with him or dump him overboard. But talk of 3 year deals is hilarious in the gas.

• Advertisement

That was very disappointing but it has been coming for a long time.
    Even if we had won we were only delaying the inevitable, any decent side would have tore us to shreds as we are a complete shambles at the moment.

I questioned the decision to name him manager from day 1 as only Limerick would give the job to someone who had a disastrous campaign with the under 21 team. I don't blame Tj but i blame the people who put him in charge of the team as he had no experience at managing a senior inter county team and this nonsense of we need a Limerick man over a Limerick team seems to have come into play. The county board has continually let Limerick hurling down with the look after their buddies approach and when its involved at county board level of course people are going to say that it creeps into team selections and overall it is to the detriment of hurling in Limerick.

We don't need a Limerick man over the team we need someone who is capable of taking this team and coaching them into a system that best benefits our players if that's a Limerick man so be it. Our players seem to have lost total believe in themselves and the system they are playing in.

We seem to be obsessed with playing a Limerick style of hurling , seriously where has that got us ? No where, continually falling at the last hurdle , putting it upto good teams but continually losing. Having some great performances here and there but never being consistent. No wonder all our forwards are lacking confidence when we continue to pump high ball into them and hoping that the big lads up front will get on the end of them and get goals. We need to change our style of hurling and I think someone like Paul Kinnerk would be the perfect person to bring in to coach some of the outstanding talent we have coming through before they come into a system that is plagued by politics, bad coaching, poor approach to preparation and a stupid attitude towards the league. The positives are we have some outstanding talent coming through and we need to act now and change or we will always be the nearly men.

It seems the only consistency with Limerick hurling is our ability to continually shoot ourselves in the foot.
    Totally agree and there's few regular posters have be fair changed view him but still few remained standby adamant he was good and usual nonsense
    As you know I was against him as manager
    Some now are but we probably only two then

Tonight was a real eye opener and even most loyal fan realised he not up it

Just look at he's record it was awful

Interesting see Martin kiely who was hugely against him leader but then what seem critsed by limerick board was total fan him and backed him after league and westmeath

Was huge fan kiely but man against him then backed him now if changes again horse bolted imo I hardly take he's say seriously but large dose salt

Signs here from day one and I got absoultey critsed hugely saying kk was false dawns but it was and set back limerick five years as got new contract one game

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement