Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*Limerick GAA news/discussion thread*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭lim4ev

is there anyone out there that can tell if there is someplace on the net I can watch the minor match today?Its not on gaa go from what I can see

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭savannahkat

With respect I have no intention going round circle you in if it's black you say it white

You got it wrong again regards cunningjham

I told you he was good manager

Limerick loss for shafting him
    Look who ye shafted it for

And he's there another two years

Are you ever serious. Cunningham a good manager. He never managed any team until he took over Dublin and since then has been hockeyed by Galway and pressed all the way by Limerick. His dressing room is deserting him. When Limerick were 8 points up yesterday I bet you were praying Limerick would lose so you could come on here and slate TJ. A manager never won a game which is something both you and Limerick have to learn.TJ sent them out good enough to get an eight point lead only for his players to squander it. TJ could do nothing about the 11wides in the first half. What he did do was send out a team capable of building an 8 point lead and if his players had not squandered so many chances the game would have been over at half time. He could have done nothing more short of togging out and going into hold them by the hand.
    But Cunningham good manager after Galway beating Dublin out the gate and half way down O'Connell Street. It takes some imagination to even conceive the idea never mind believe it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,042 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

lim4ev wrote: »
    is there anyone out there that can tell if there is someplace on the net I can watch the minor match today?Its not on gaa go from what I can see

highly doubtful , if its not televised it wold be almost impossible to find a stream for it

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭glasagusban

We don't have a puck out strategy or any discernible game plan, wtf do the coaches do with these players 3 nights a week.

Jimbob's confidence is shot yes he got on a world of ball but how many times does he get hooked on his left side how many times does he just launch long ball wide, any coach should be able to maximise this fellas ability

Im blue in the face from going on about breens head down attitude and yesterday it cost us a certain goal for dowling, why hasn't this been coached out of him, its obvious to me and I only see them play a few times a year, coaches have them 3 nights a week and don't do anything

We take POB one of the worst distributors of a ball you'll ever see and play him sweeper - Diarmuid byrnes a master of distribution nowhere, watch him Thursday

How many times have we written on here about two limerick players going up for the same ball and yesterday the fatal score from just that - the very basics are missing

These guys wouldn't coach ivy up a wall

We have to give the up and coming group of players a proper coach, there's phenomenal talent there lets not waste it.

Spoofers need not apply

Would love to see kinnerk involved

Great post Paddy.

There really is super talent there to come through. Cian Lynch stepped up and was well good enough this year. You'd have to expect Ronan Lynch to well able for it next year. Byrnes too. Tom Ryan if he commits. Bryan O'Sullivan if you could get him. Alan Dempsey given a proper chance. O'Connell, K O'Brien, Morrissey, Nash, ALTC, O'Loughlin, Dempsey, English, Ryan... All worthy of panel places and with potential to break in. There's a lot of players there to refresh the team that can contribute to lifting things if the right set up is in place.

I don't know if the current management should be given another chance. TJ is a great man manager, Beary is well regarded as a coach and Downes is highly rated. The fitness team have had them in great shape in recent years but this year things looked sluggish. It's clear management didn't get the best from the team this year. On the other hand, management teams can and have learned from their mistakes. The Clare u21 guys famously had a dreadful first year and owned up to their mistakes and went all out to learn from them and improve and we saw the result of that. Galway have had up and downs with Cunningham who seems to have come good and improves the team again. Can Teege and co learn similarly or change or add selectors to take it on next year? If they came to the county board identifying what they reckon went wrong and what they'll do different then I reckon they should get another shot. In the absence of any stand out candidates elsewhere. Daly I wouldn't be interested in. John Kiely seems the best bet. Anyone that came forward with Kinnerk or maybe Donal Og Cusack on board would have to be seriously considered though.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Cheese Wagstaff

Great post Paddy.

There really is super talent there to come through. Cian Lynch stepped up and was well good enough this year. You'd have to expect Ronan Lynch to well able for it next year. Byrnes too. Tom Ryan if he commits. Bryan O'Sullivan if you could get him. Alan Dempsey given a proper chance. O'Connell, K O'Brien, Morrissey, Nash, ALTC, O'Loughlin, Dempsey, English, Ryan... All worthy of panel places and with potential to break in. There's a lot of players there to refresh the team that can contribute to lifting things if the right set up is in place.

I don't know if the current management should be given another chance. TJ is a great man manager, Beary is well regarded as a coach and Downes is highly rated. The fitness team have had them in great shape in recent years but this year things looked sluggish. It's clear management didn't get the best from the team this year. On the other hand, management teams can and have learned from their mistakes. The Clare u21 guys famously had a dreadful first year and owned up to their mistakes and went all out to learn from them and improve and we saw the result of that. Galway have had up and downs with Cunningham who seems to have come good and improves the team again. Can Teege and co learn similarly or change or add selectors to take it on next year? If they came to the county board identifying what they reckon went wrong and what they'll do different then I reckon they should get another shot. In the absence of any stand out candidates elsewhere. Daly I wouldn't be interested in. John Kiely seems the best bet. Anyone that came forward with Kinnerk or maybe Donal Og Cusack on board would have to be seriously considered though.

The fact of the matter is that in Kinnerk, we have a Limerick man who has been praised to the high heavens and acknowledged as being pivotal to Clare winning an All-Ireland hurling title. We should be doing everything in our power to bring him on board on his own terms, with his own visions being implemented. Anything less than this cannot be seen as an attempt to bring us back to the top table.

• Advertisement

If tj goes there isn't any stand out candidate I don't agree with people here raving about Cunningham[who's only cutting his teeth at management level] and I was truly glad he didn't get the Limerick job and still am even at this stage and dave fitz who is currently wasting the best batch of clare hurlers they ever possessed.Having said that tj was poor this yr I felt always that i'd prefer to have a Limerick manager but if tj goes i'm open to all options and anyway who are we to say who will work and who won't work the highest profile manager could flop and the not so known one could prosper.
    I agree totally with the questions what the hell was being coached at training Breen has been clueless for too long head down running into dead ends.How many points did we score from play yesterday I can only remember one in the second half that tobin scored but could be wrong did cian lynch have a shot[i'm not giving out about him]

Its too raw at the moment but in a few weeks when things with the minor and 21s have developed i'll put up a potential team that could be tried next yr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

Are you ever serious. Cunningham a good manager. He never managed any team until he took over Dublin and since then has been hockeyed by Galway and pressed all the way by Limerick. His dressing room is deserting him. When Limerick were 8 points up yesterday I bet you were praying Limerick would lose so you could come on here and slate TJ. A manager never won a game which is something both you and Limerick have to learn.TJ sent them out good enough to get an eight point lead only for his players to squander it. TJ could do nothing about the 11wides in the first half. What he did do was send out a team capable of building an 8 point lead and if his players had not squandered so many chances the game would have been over at half time. He could have done nothing more short of togging out and going into hold them by the hand.
    But Cunningham good manager after Galway beating Dublin out the gate and half way down O'Connell Street. It takes some imagination to even conceive the idea never mind believe it.

You are right. It's too easy to slam the manager, that's a complete cop out. Of course the manager's role is vital, but it isn't total. Everything went wrong for us yesterday.

minors doing ok 2 up at half time but have wasted some chances and have played with the breeze in the first half

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

minors doing ok 2 up at half time but have wasted some chances and have played with the breeze in the first half

Let's hope they do it, hope it's not a repeat of yesterday.

Would be nice to win the 3 in a row, first time it would be achieved by us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭thinkstoomuch1

With respect you haven't got the remotes clue to say this was players lost the game with no accountability on managment yesterday and whatever your reason is that you back Ryan to hilt where you have connection with or you know himor not is irrelevant the bottom line but you fail again fail fail fail to answer any time I ask you is what is Ryan record as manager

What yes what yes what has Ryan ever done manager bar waterford crystal cup win second grade county title Kilworth cork

Two years team has went in to decline and he's been remarkably consistent with this

Failure get promoted
    Failure improve this year

Awful v westmeath

Awful panel picked league as unlike you I say comments every game etc and not sounds repeating it but you give oodd post I'll never sit fence and I called this from day one league panel was unbalanced defensively

You still said I had agenda
    Rock on to utter utter shambles league you failed realise team selection were awful no plan b no plan a even picking half back line no pace dropping them then recalling them
    I was league game v Wexford said it then there was huge trouble ahead limerick

Tippeary worst hammer forty years and now failed get quarter final

Played lack belive dowling again under him scape goat while breen bar good goal stated on and Hannon

Recall niall moran defies all logic

All Ryan talk is intensity pride etc no tactical innovation

I wanted Dublin win over cunningjham cork man
    Cunningjham coaches cork twice and again your anti Cork comes out
    He terrific coach and as you say never managed so awful poor reflection year one with awful team beats limerick year four second year Ryan

Every team wides but you can make changes
    Subs truly awful yesterday
    You are right limerick don't take league seriously but that's inditemebf manager is it not As cody sets statement intent kk every game

Ryan allows complacency and when lack ruthless conviction drop players some he's too loyal to and recall moran shows that limerick course were complacent

Fair play for not having a cut off Jbm as you usually do in your counter posts but credit due
    But jbm no angel tactics at least showed with landers changed cork last two games as like limerick conceded goals but now two games no goal and playing sweeper possession game

It took him age to change but at least he did
    Ryan never changed

As for glausbsn fair enough your opinion but to say besry proven no no no in top level he's not
    What has he won
    It's not case they could learn mistakes
    Unbelievable it clear as day to be fair the lack innovation this management yet you say may not be man lead ye forward but then say may learn and use clare example

Don't kid yourself with naivety they learn
    Since last year defence and again yesterday was awful so coaching isn't learning and last year was poor bar moral victory with kk but course cork beat ye

He's record in management let's be crystal clear
    Is eight games lost four

Four he's won clouded by westmeath yet struggle win, Wexford four games in row and injury depleted clare down man

You can surely see now this stage management is the problem and lynch awesome player like others won't devoplp as Ryan too old school and he's only good man management

As for nonsense I praying limerick loose
    No I wanted cunningjham Dublin win but otherwise go for Limerick
    However like last year shouting support limerick v kk and knowing they would loose two different things
    When I judge a game player team i only judge on performance and logic i don't do emotions and even cork man Allen I always said he's poor tactical manager despite being cork man as that's why I would think I'm correct in views last two management as I judge soley purely on results

Nothing more nothing less

Ryan was one greatest limerick hurlers on field play and I was honoured to watch him many games but as manager he's poor
    Tomas mulchay my hero cork absoultey awesome player but I wouldn't want him managing cork like he said he wants the job this week as simply like Ryan in management he's record is not great

Rightwing wrote: »
    You are right. It's too easy to slam the manager, that's a complete cop out. Of course the manager's role is vital, but it isn't total. Everything went wrong for us yesterday.

You change the view so many times hard to know where you stand
    Look at your old posts last night you said he was poor needed to go
    Now you say he's grand

If tj goes there isn't any stand out candidate I don't agree with people here raving about Cunningham[who's only cutting his teeth at management level] and I was truly glad he didn't get the Limerick job and still am even at this stage and dave fitz who is currently wasting the best batch of clare hurlers they ever possessed.Having said that tj was poor this yr I felt always that i'd prefer to have a Limerick manager but if tj goes i'm open to all options and anyway who are we to say who will work and who won't work the highest profile manager could flop and the not so known one could prosper.
    I agree totally with the questions what the hell was being coached at training Breen has been clueless for too long head down running into dead ends.How many points did we score from play yesterday I can only remember one in the second half that tobin scored but could be wrong did cian lynch have a shot[i'm not giving out about him]

Its too raw at the moment but in a few weeks when things with the minor and 21s have developed i'll put up a potential team that could be tried next yr

The irony in that now is that Ryan no record yet he got the job

Cunningjham coaches two different cork senior team won all Ireland and were all ireland final beating Kilkenny

He managed ucc and Ballygunner

Ryan managed Kilworth intermediate team in second grade in cork one game that was humiliation at under twenty one With very good limerick team

With respect you haven't got the remotes clue to say this was players lost the game with no accountability on managment yesterday and whatever your reason is that you back Ryan to hilt where you have connection with or you know himor not is irrelevant the bottom line but you fail again fail fail fail to answer any time I ask you is what is Ryan record as manager

What yes what yes what has Ryan ever done manager bar waterford crystal cup win second grade county title Kilworth cork

Two years team has went in to decline and he's been remarkably consistent with this

Failure get promoted
    Failure improve this year

Awful v westmeath

Awful panel picked league as unlike you I say comments every game etc and not sounds repeating it but you give oodd post I'll never sit fence and I called this from day one league panel was unbalanced defensively

You still said I had agenda
    Rock on to utter utter shambles league you failed realise team selection were awful no plan b no plan a even picking half back line no pace dropping them then recalling them
    I was league game v Wexford said it then there was huge trouble ahead limerick

Tippeary worst hammer forty years and now failed get quarter final

Played lack belive dowling again under him scape goat while breen bar good goal stated on and Hannon

Recall niall moran defies all logic

All Ryan talk is intensity pride etc no tactical innovation

I wanted Dublin win over cunningjham cork man
    Cunningjham coaches cork twice and again your anti Cork comes out
    He terrific coach and as you say never managed so awful poor reflection year one with awful team beats limerick year four second year Ryan

Every team wides but you can make changes
    Subs truly awful yesterday
    You are right limerick don't take league seriously but that's inditemebf manager is it not As cody sets statement intent kk every game

Ryan allows complacency and when lack ruthless conviction drop players some he's too loyal to and recall moran shows that limerick course were complacent

Fair play for not having a cut off Jbm as you usually do in your counter posts but credit due
    But jbm no angel tactics at least showed with landers changed cork last two games as like limerick conceded goals but now two games no goal and playing sweeper possession game

It took him age to change but at least he did
    Ryan never changed

As for glausbsn fair enough your opinion but to say besry proven no no no in top level he's not
    What has he won
    It's not case they could learn mistakes
    Unbelievable it clear as day to be fair the lack innovation this management yet you say may not be man lead ye forward but then say may learn and use clare example

Don't kid yourself with naivety they learn
    Since last year defence and again yesterday was awful so coaching isn't learning and last year was poor bar moral victory with kk but course cork beat ye

He's record in management let's be crystal clear
    Is eight games lost four

Four he's won clouded by westmeath yet struggle win, Wexford four games in row and injury depleted clare down man

You can surely see now this stage management is the problem and lynch awesome player like others won't devoplp as Ryan too old school and he's only good man management

As for nonsense I praying limerick loose
    No I wanted cunningjham Dublin win but otherwise go for Limerick
    However like last year shouting support limerick v kk and knowing they would loose two different things
    When I judge a game player team i only judge on performance and logic i don't do emotions and even cork man Allen I always said he's poor tactical manager despite being cork man as that's why I would think I'm correct in views last two management as I judge soley purely on results

Nothing more nothing less

Ryan was one greatest limerick hurlers on field play and I was honoured to watch him many games but as manager he's poor
    Tomas mulchay my hero cork absoultey awesome player but I wouldn't want him managing cork like he said he wants the job this week as simply like Ryan in management he's record is not great

You, like everyone else are entitled to your opinion, but you must realise you are not always right. We are not dealing with an exact science here, so there may be no right or wrong answer. I happen to agree with you re TJ Ryan, but that's not to say others are completely wrong. On any given day I think most teams can beat each other. I'd back Limerick to beat Dublin tomorrow. Cork-Clare would be another 50-50. Cork-Galway will probably be a 50-50 too.

No half team haven't deserted cunningjham

And more remarkable he still got a win

You cherry pick with results and facts yet look at Ryan record you ignore it greatly

You change the view so many times hard to know where you stand
    Look at your old posts last night you said he was poor needed to go
    Now you say he's grand

I think your difficulty comes in trying to analyse posts. I'm not saying TJ is grand, what I'm saying is, I'm not laying all the blame on him. Some of those wides yesterday were inexcusable. Had Breen laid the ball off to Dowling yesterday, we would have won at a canter.There were a number of factors why we lost it, Ryan being a major one.

Rightwing wrote: »
    You, like everyone else are entitled to your opinion, but you must realise you are not always right. We are not dealing with an exact science here, so there may be no right or wrong answer. I happen to agree with you re TJ Ryan, but that's not to say others are completely wrong. On any given day I think most teams can beat each other. I'd back Limerick to beat Dublin tomorrow. Cork-Clare would be another 50-50. Cork-Galway will probably be a 50-50 too.

Well that's true and yes I'm wrong but surely when so many here taken issue my posts regards limerick mangers and singles me out above others surely now you have common grace and courtesy say you know what he's got huge critsim here just having view against popular views but in fairness to me I was absoultey correct with Allen and Ryan

I said Ryan get new term after kk game
    I said he stick same team beaten kk
    I said limerick wouldn't change style
    And time proved it
    Simple reality is this was clear as day and many gaa fans could see this some just didn't want to

Ryan doesn't deserve all the blame

Most blame is at county board for putting him there and treatment o grady and players also never backed o grady so everyone isn't exactly blame less but board are main ones imo

I genuinely feel limerick hurling as this is huge huge setback for Limerick hurling

Well that's true and yes I'm wrong but surely when so many here taken issue my posts regards limerick mangers and singles me out above others surely now you have common grace and courtesy say you know what he's got huge critsim here just having view against popular views but in fairness to me I was absoultey correct with Allen and Ryan

And time proved it
    Simple reality is this was clear as day and many gaa fans could see this some just didn't want to

Most blame is at county board for putting him there and treatment o grady and players also never backed o grady so everyone isn't exactly blame less but board are main ones imo

I genuinely feel limerick hurling as this is huge huge setback for Limerick hurling

That's very true. I'm reluctant to criticise Ryan, an amateur trying his best. I'd like to see heads roll in the county board. They are a disgrace.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Really disappointing for the minors to lose that, again like yesterday, hit a lot of wides especially when they were on top.

Still in the competition though.

And time proved it

One manager wins by one point. The other loses by one point. One is a genius according to you the other useless.l One point being the diiference between genius and useless according to you.

• Advertisement

One manager wins by one point. The other loses by one point. One is a genius according to you the other useless.l One point being the diiference between genius and useless according to you.

Let's look at he's record from eight games
    Won four lost four

You convientkg with respect choose ignore this fact

Please explain and he's under twenty one record
    Thanks in advance

Let's look at he's record from eight games
    Won four lost four

You convientkg with respect choose ignore this fact

Please explain and he's under twenty one record
    Thanks in advance

Better than Cunningham's played 3, drew 1, lost 1, won 1 won 1 and by the way the one he lost, was lost by a cricket score. Cunningham would have needed to take off his socks to keep score of the losing margin. But then he is a Cork man so you can see no wrong.

Better than Cunningham's played 3, drew 1, lost 1, won 1 won 1 and by the way the one he lost, was lost by a cricket score. Cunningham would have needed to take off his socks to keep score of the losing margin. But then he is a Cork man so you can see no wrong.

Again you can't help yourself bring cork managment in to debate

When Ryan term being reviews it matters nothing cork do

I am amused with respect at your counter debates you still will not answer questions with out mentioned cork

Shows paucity and fallible excuse you have to say for Ryan management you again have to mention cork when your are not sticking to the point of debate or cunningjham
    You want discuss Cork no problem in Cork thread or cunningjham Dublin thread
    Issue is Ryan management here nothing more nothing less

Forget about everyone else

What do you make Ryan record under twenty one and senior winning four loosing four and one those westmeath winning and Wexford division two team

He's beaten clare and tippeary a clare team riddled injury yet he scraped by point and they man sent off

What do you make under twenty huge defeats to tippeary?

And cunningjham if you must critse him proven coach all ireland winning team coach three years Cork team beat cody kk and proven manager senior ucc and Ballygunner

Again I ask what Ryan won senior

Now if you don't answer the question that your right but with respect if you don't I'll not reply to your post when imo your dodging the questions

So in essence what I'm asking you please what Ryan done management justify management limerick and county board critsed o grady after Galway league surely God they demand answers after worst defeat tippeary home championship failure get promoted and failure make all ireland quarter final

And again I questioned many Cork management
    Your going over same stuff so unless you answer the question I won't be giving you a response next time as I tried engagement debate but you still won't say what has Ryan proven with management record

• Registered Users Posts: 6,685 ✭✭✭flutered

my one cent, tj could not get the bouncers to play for him, quite a few players were not fully fit, big bellys and love handles abounded, one thing about coaching no one has mentioned, when a player is put under match pressure, the first thing which they will do is revert to what they are used to doing all their lifes, if this is not corrected early in their careers, it will remain for life, under 16 and 18s need the sh1t coached out of them for a few years, forget about minor all irelands, what is the value in an minor all ireland with badly coached kids, when the first thing they do in a senior jersey is the wrong thing, its uite a while since i was having a drink in town, when in the table behind me were what i took to be basketball coaches, three from some us collage team over on a summer tour of the country, the oldest yank told the others, a good coach is a con artist, he is able to con guys into what he wants them to do, not what they prefer to do, truth or fable

Again you can't help yourself bring cork managment in to debate

When Ryan term being reviews it matters nothing cork do

I am amused with respect at your counter debates you still will not answer questions with out mentioned cork

Shows paucity and fallible excuse you have to say for Ryan management you again have to mention cork when your are not sticking to the point of debate or cunningjham
    You want discuss Cork no problem in Cork thread or cunningjham Dublin thread
    Issue is Ryan management here nothing more nothing less

Forget about everyone else

What do you make Ryan record under twenty one and senior winning four loosing four and one those westmeath winning and Wexford division two team

He's beaten clare and tippeary a clare team riddled injury yet he scraped by point and they man sent off

What do you make under twenty huge defeats to tippeary?

And cunningjham if you must critse him proven coach all ireland winning team coach three years Cork team beat cody kk and proven manager senior ucc and Ballygunner

Again I ask what Ryan won senior

Now if you don't answer the question that your right but with respect if you don't I'll not reply to your post when imo your dodging the questions

So in essence what I'm asking you please what Ryan done management justify management limerick and county board critsed o grady after Galway league surely God they demand answers after worst defeat tippeary home championship failure get promoted and failure make all ireland quarter final

And again I questioned many Cork management
    Your going over same stuff so unless you answer the question I won't be giving you a response next time as I tried engagement debate but you still won't say what has Ryan proven with management record

Tell me about Cunningham's magnificent under 21 record Ohhh, he does not have one, he was too chicken to manage his own at any levell. I wonder how much expenses he gets compared to TJ or did his own in Cork not offer him enough.

Tell me about Cunningham's magnificent under 21 record Ohhh, he does not have one, he was too chicken to manage his own at any levell. I wonder how much expenses he gets compared to TJ or did his own in Cork not offer him enough.

You again fail to answer the question
    I suggest read the podcast October fourteen news talk Denis Walsh Irish times in depth interview why politics in cork never meant he get any job there

O grady brought him in and jbm not the board

Rebel og partly funded only board brought him in development squad

Your disgraceful disgraceful slant personal on cunningjham call him a chicken is master class irony when you say Ryan got unfair criticis
    Ryan only ever being questioned on management and never ever insulted personally

I'll leave it there with you as you bring nothing new to this debate

Bottom line is as most limerick thread said he is poor manager

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭pajoguy

I wanted TJ to succeed so this is a sad day, I held off making any long term final judgements as he was essentially a rookie manager in 2014, 2015 was his first full season to stamp his own authority on things from day one, and 2015 was a terrible season. And it never really looked like being anything else in all honesty.

Although I'd love to go all Championship-Manager on you I think I'll just present the simple facts;
    One third of the present squad will turn 29 or older in 2016.
    Only two of the current panel are eligible for under 21 this year (as they will be for a further 2 years.)

(Current panel sorted by age turned in 2016)
    36- D.O'Grady.
    31- D.Breen, S.Walsh.
    30- W.McNamara.
    29- T.Condon, S.Hickey, C.King, R.McCarthy, G.O'Mahony, J.Ryan.
    27- P.Browne, B.Hennessy, P.O'Brien, T.O'Brien, N.Quaid, S.Tobin.
    26- C.Allis, P.Begley, G.Mulcahy.
    25- K.Downes, A.Murphy, S.O'Brien.
    24- A.Breen, J.Fitzgibbon, D.Hannon.
    23- S.Dowling, D.Morrissey.
    20- C.Lynch, T.Morrissey.

Better than evens chance of a new manager next year, honestly, I feel the current group has come to the end of the line and a few changes are required which would require a new man to come in and start from scratch.
    You could easily cut about 8 to 10 players from the current panel, and make up the difference with the best from this years intermediate and under 21 panels.

I don't like to criticise individual players. One thing I do want to do however is say a few words about Donal O'Grady. It saddens me that he has very likely played his last game for the county and that what's probably his last year went the way it did. I've always admired him as a player, an ever present since he emerged in 2004/5 and I always described him with one word- intelligent. He was never an all action in your face kind of player, he was smarter than that, an excellent reader of the game who always used the ball smartly. He was one of the few who stood up and performed when we were all out at sea against Kilkenny in the 2007 final, it's hard to pick an iconic Donal O'Grady performance or moment but he was just so consistent. The most dependable player we had for a long time. Though not a natural centre back he filled in admirably in 2012 when we had no obvious candidate to replace Brian Geary, his athleticism has naturally started to wane as he moved towards his mid 30's but his mental attributes enabled him to prolong his career by a few years in this new era where it's now not uncommon for players to retire at 30/31. The last remaining link to our three in a row under 21 team, it's every bit as big a shame that he joins the likes of distinguished players like Ciarán Carey and Gary Kirby who never won the All-Ireland with Limerick.

I don't think he was used all that smartly by the management in 2015, maybe he'll still be involved in 2016 but you'd have to suspect not, will be sad to see him go on such a low ebb. Thanks for all you have done for this county "Dodge". OGradyDonal_MunsterCup.jpg

A great post about the best limerick hurler of the last decade.
    At least he has that photo. A great reminder of good times on a bad weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭Pretty fast

Limerick posters here need to smarten up and stop interacting with the lad ttm in this Limerick thread. He imo should have to ask for permission if he wants to post in this thread or any other county specific home thread. It's no longer comical.

Limerick posters here need to smarten up and stop interacting with the lad ttm in this Limerick thread. He imo should have to ask for permission if he wants to post in this thread or any other county specific home thread. It's no longer comical.

Would you actually be serious

I post more about limerick gaa ongoing team news minor under twenty one etc you name it than others like yourself

My opinion are honest and to the point and unlike lads like yourself that just post here and there and be wise after the event i post well before hand what happens

I respect your opinion but I certainly don't agree with it and lot what I say true truer limerick fans agree with now

I support limerick minor last year and many teams and for your information support under twenty one this week yes I'll be there supporting limerick

You want engage debate bring something to the table as comments like about really with greatest respect show how little knowledge you have of limerick hurling if you need go off topic like that
    Just cause don't like stuff be said doesn't mean some one can't have opinion
    Feel free debate any point I raised regard limerick as many other posters said same thing

You given barely more than twenty if even that posts regards limerick hurling and hardly ever discuss limerick gaa that's your right but don't have go people like me who extremely passionate regards gaa and would truly love limerick win all Ireland some sort at any level

• Advertisement

I think under twenty one have good chance this week and are under dog and I'd expect a competitive performance

It's year early for a lot of them so good performance set the tone next year but I think limerick can win it also

Talk is limerick playing sweeper and lynch start full forward line if true

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement