Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*Limerick GAA news/discussion thread*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭glasagusban

Limerick posters here need to smarten up and stop interacting with the lad ttm in this Limerick thread. He imo should have to ask for permission if he wants to post in this thread or any other county specific home thread. It's no longer comical.

Is a character limit to posts possible? It might shorten some of them up.

Fireball?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭thinkstoomuch1

Is a character limit to posts possible? It might shorten some of them up.

Fireball?

Look stop this nonesene

This all you want you to do now engage agenda against one poster just cause you don't like my views and I call it as it is and to be fair you can't say my posts haven't stood the test of time

You don't like them don't read them but trying to turn a thread against me is poor when I'm here talk gaa

Let's get back talking gaa but course when you don't like a opposite view you want shut them up with respect hardly served limerick gaa well now that nonsense does it

http://m.limerickleader.ie/sport/limerick-sport/angry-fan-confronts-tj-ryan-after-limerick-loss-1-6846560

It was wrong and against ethos gaa fan confronted Ryan after game and that's not on

I feel for Ryan here and fair play he put brave face on it

However he's here to finish he's term by he's comments so as I predicted board would have to sack him which I don't think they can and I wouldn't be for it in they have to allow him finish three years

Limerick are in a hugely difficult position

Nobody question he's pride or hours he puts in etc or passion and always any sport management under pressure use that as kind excuse we can't be critsed

I'm sorry but my view is lot more then commitment and tactics and selection and system all other aspects and this year limerick have not improved them

He says limerick prepared as well as they could imo they did not as they didn't use any league game for preparing of a possession game or indeed sweeper system but we're far far too predicable

There's a real dark cloud over limerick hurling and I am gutted for them as hurling talent is there

When jbm leaves cork were in similar position with no top candidates available for the job

There's a rumor if true heard today but I can't believe it than tom Ryan wants be part new back room team next year with probably another selector

http://m.limerickleader.ie/sport/limerick-sport/limerick-manager-tj-ryan-rewarded-for-fantastic-summer-1-6238193

There's a county board meeting tomorrow night

Jerome o connell tweetedtoday this old article from last year

Why is this one being brought up I wonder

Look stop this nonesene

This all you want you to do now engage agenda against one poster just cause you don't like my views and I call it as it is and to be fair you can't say my posts haven't stood the test of time

You don't like them don't read them but trying to turn a thread against me is poor when I'm here talk gaa

Let's get back talking gaa but course when you don't like a opposite view you want shut them up with respect hardly served limerick gaa well now that nonsense does it

Nothing against your views, you're entitled to them.

Repeating the same things over and over becomes annoying but there's little can be done about that.

Overly long posts are extremely tedious though, a word limit would be great.

• Advertisement

Nothing against your views, you're entitled to them.

Repeating the same things over and over becomes annoying but there's little can be done about that.

Overly long posts are extremely tedious though, a word limit would be great.
    But look do you ever consider for moments thought why I repeat them

Same mistakes keep happening

I'll give examples i don't rate Ryan management
    Yet game after game this year he still makes poor tactics choices
    I assess a game what am I meant to do
    Ignore a crucial aspect of the game in management

Genuinely I am hugely passionate all things gaa never ever posted any other thread bar gaa

With respect you don't like posts you don't have read them but for all out disagreements I do think your good poster and I would never once ask you change your style

Surely you see other posters go me last two days one lad hardly ever posted one kk poster who imo insults limerick hurling by saying hurling talent is not there or don't take hurling limerick seriously when that never the problem

Limerick just need top coaching to win the all ireland

Do you think there's going to be unrest county board meeting tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Look stop this nonesene

Listen TTM, I respect your opinion and nobody can doubt your knowledge of hurling from schools to minors to clubs and so on. Greatly appreciate all the reports of these matches that you do.

I think peoples problems are the really large posts which repeat a lot of the same information, e.g. You respect TJ as a player but he's not a tactical manager and you really like Cunningham etc.
    We know your opinion on this and especially when Limerick lose a match and you come in here slating TJ, it will rile some people up who are already very tetchy from Limerick losing/putting in a bad performance.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion but once we've heard that particular opinion once, we don't need it another 100 times.

As i said, your knowledge of all grades of hurling and coaches is great and it helps give a background on those teams and coaches and I look forward to seeing more of that down the line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭Pretty fast

Would you actually be serious

I post more about limerick gaa ongoing team news minor under twenty one etc you name it than others like yourself

My opinion are honest and to the point and unlike lads like yourself that just post here and there and be wise after the event i post well before hand what happens

I respect your opinion but I certainly don't agree with it and lot what I say true truer limerick fans agree with now

I support limerick minor last year and many teams and for your information support under twenty one this week yes I'll be there supporting limerick

You want engage debate bring something to the table as comments like about really with greatest respect show how little knowledge you have of limerick hurling if you need go off topic like that
    Just cause don't like stuff be said doesn't mean some one can't have opinion
    Feel free debate any point I raised regard limerick as many other posters said same thing

You given barely more than twenty if even that posts regards limerick hurling and hardly ever discuss limerick gaa that's your right but don't have go people like me who extremely passionate regards gaa and would truly love limerick win all Ireland some sort at any level

I bet you're a great guy away from this place ttm. I just think and I'm trying to be polite here that you have way way way way way way way way way way way way way way too much to say about things that are of absolutely none of your concern. I have to put you back on ignore now after this post. You irk folk here with your constant constant overly long and overly analytical postings. No matter what you post now I will not read it no matter how good or relevant it is, that's what you've done to yourself here for me at least, you've harped on too much and too long and now I see you as a pest.
    Maybe you should stick to your own or at least try to lessen your well intentioned or otherwise interventions outside of your own counties affairs.
    There, I've said it. I fully expect you to completely ignore this post and carry on as usual.

Colemania wrote: »
    Listen TTM, I respect your opinion and nobody can doubt your knowledge of hurling from schools to minors to clubs and so on. Greatly appreciate all the reports of these matches that you do.

I think peoples problems are the really large posts which repeat a lot of the same information, e.g. You respect TJ as a player but he's not a tactical manager and you really like Cunningham etc.
    We know your opinion on this and especially when Limerick lose a match and you come in here slating TJ, it will rile some people up who are already very tetchy from Limerick losing/putting in a bad performance.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion but once we've heard that particular opinion once, we don't need it another 100 times.

As i said, your knowledge of all grades of hurling and coaches is great and it helps give a background on those teams and coaches and I look forward to seeing more of that down the line.
    Fair point but surely you see why I repeat same stuff when lads like kk poster call my posts out on it

Surely I can defend my posts

I am huge fan your posts but surely haven't others critsed Ryan the last month
    I'm not the only one
    And I post before and up to games I don't wait til they loose
    Soon as I heard the team for Dublin I said it was huge worry but I expected ye to beat Dublin
    With respect limerick hurling doesn't want hear unpopular views and that's wrong
    All opinions should be embraced and debated
    Some here don't want hear some but if their opinion suits another debate they are well able to repeat them
    Only reason management is mentioned to be fair and surely you acknowledge results this year justify that everything limerick hurling is reviewed
    Brush it under the table as just a bad day at the office won't help limerick next year
    You and me want limerick win all ireland
    We share the same passion

Were going off track here

Let's get back talking limerick gaa as senior team huge huge problem and should be discussed

How would you rectify this situation limerick unfortunately finds itself in

I'm not fans Ryan but I don't want him sacked as he's got three year term and limerick can ill afford get rid another manager again mid term

Tom Ryan apparently name mentioned as possibly selector some fans say

What do you think

I bet you're a great guy away from this place ttm. I just think and I'm trying to be polite here that you have way way way way way way way way way way way way way way too much to say about things that are of absolutely none of your concern. I have to put you back on ignore now after this post. You irk folk here with your constant constant overly long and overly analytical postings. No matter what you post now I will not read it no matter how good or relevant it is, that's what you've done to yourself here for me at least, you've harped on too much and too long and now I see you as a pest.
    Maybe you should stick to your own or at least try to lessen your well intentioned or otherwise interventions outside of your own counties affairs.
    There, I've said it. I fully expect you to completely ignore this post and carry on as usual.

I'm gaa man and limerick hurling is concern mine as Cork limerick hurling huge affection connection each other and Cork would limerick win all ireland
    Debate gaa your more interested in going off topic
    But look i respect your right to your opinion but I don't agree with it
    Lot posters on many threads repeat points

I'll give you many examples if you want

Course points will be repeated if they keep occurring

That's in all sports to be fair

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭Pretty fast

:D

Agree with all that.

TTM, no, you don't need to repeat points to defend posts.

I'll give you many examples if you want

Course points will be repeated if they keep occurring

That's in all sports to be fair
    This is exactly what we don't want, please.

This is exactly what we don't want, please.

Let's get back on topic as I thought there would be more debate on limericks hurling then just one poster who simply gives an opinion
    What would you do in the current situation limerick
    Would you leave as it or would you take chance with daly
    I agree with you I am unconvincing about daly

Would you change the system

Fair point but surely you see why I repeat same stuff when lads like kk poster call my posts out on it

Surely I can defend my posts

Were going off track here

Let's get back talking limerick gaa as senior team huge huge problem and should be discussed

How would you rectify this situation limerick unfortunately finds itself in

I'm not fans Ryan but I don't want him sacked as he's got three year term and limerick can ill afford get rid another manager again mid term

Tom Ryan apparently name mentioned as possibly selector some fans say

What do you think

Well I think TJ needs a bit of backup if he's to be kept on. Co-managing with Donal O'Grady worked out well enough I thought. I don't know enough about the coaches on the team to know how good/bad they are. I know the lads run themselves into the ground in training but some players just don't put in the effort required in matches. Players such as Hannon, Lynch and Downes are guilty of it. Breen at times but i thought he worked hard on Saturday.

The mind boggles as to how Dowling and Hannon seemed like the next Limerick superstars one year and the next they're lacking fitness and effort. Is that something that can be coached out of them? Yes it probably is. Are they both capable of reaching the heights we all thought they could? Yes of course. So then why aren't we helping these guys reach their max potential? A lot may be down to player stubbornness to change and a big thing in Limerick is the dreaded "hype" term.

A lot of the younger guys, i feel, are in the team due to their status rather than their performances. But sure there's not much you can do when there's nobody on the bench capable of replacing them, just yet.

As you said, there's massive talent in Limerick and nobody can doubt that. It's getting the best out of them is the problem. On their day, most of that team are extraordinary players. I'm talking about the likes of McCarthy, Hickey, Quaid, O'Mahony, Ryan, Browne, Hannon, Dowling, Mulcahy, Downes, Lynch, O'Grady and by the looks of it Tom Morrisey, Ronan Lynch and Byrnes look to be the next batch of players that could reach the next level with the right mentality and coaching.

It may take another season or 2 but Limerick will be back yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭zombieHanalei

I get that some people don't like ttm's views but its worse to see people sniping at him, like him or not he gives us an outsiders perspective on Limerick hurling matters, but unlike the average outsider he bases his views on the back of attending an absolute bucket load of games and even training sessions involving our teams at all kinds of levels. An outside perspective is also important.

A lot of the outside perspective on us is very lazy. Plenty of pundits said we'd be there or thereabouts with our usual intensity and endeavour. Nobody really looked that deeply at us, has any pundit be that on the Sunday Game or in any newspaper highlighted that we had particular shortcomings that could bite us on the ass? All we heard about Limerick were the usual platitudes and cliché's, "Oh come championship they'll bring the typical Limerick passion" and so on. We've had big problems which were plainly evident since last seasons Munster final, and it strikes me as strange and disappointing that nobody in local or national media ever really called us out on it.

Well I think TJ needs a bit of backup if he's to be kept on. Co-managing with Donal O'Grady worked out well enough I thought. I don't know enough about the coaches on the team to know how good/bad they are. I know the lads run themselves into the ground in training but some players just don't put in the effort required in matches. Players such as Hannon, Lynch and Downes are guilty of it. Breen at times but i thought he worked hard on Saturday.

The mind boggles as to how Dowling and Hannon seemed like the next Limerick superstars one year and the next they're lacking fitness and effort. Is that something that can be coached out of them? Yes it probably is. Are they both capable of reaching the heights we all thought they could? Yes of course. So then why aren't we helping these guys reach their max potential? A lot may be down to player stubbornness to change and a big thing in Limerick is the dreaded "hype" term.

A lot of the younger guys, i feel, are in the team due to their status rather than their performances. But sure there's not much you can do when there's nobody on the bench capable of replacing them, just yet.

As you said, there's massive talent in Limerick and nobody can doubt that. It's getting the best out of them is the problem. On their day, most of that team are extraordinary players. I'm talking about the likes of McCarthy, Hickey, Quaid, O'Mahony, Ryan, Browne, Hannon, Dowling, Mulcahy, Downes, Lynch, O'Grady and by the looks of it Tom Morrisey, Ronan Lynch and Byrnes look to be the next batch of players that could reach the next level with the right mentality and coaching.

It may take another season or 2 but Limerick will be back yet
    Look at limerick and compare to cork and Galway and Dublin limerick imo have as good and probably better individual talent than most and deserve be top four imo

Cork were awful all year but Cusack said it last night he's words were cork kicked and screamed but eventually at last playing a sweeper game and possession one and landers made huge difference there and jbm is taking steps back

In two games cork made huge defence improvement from conceded no goals to lot

A coach would make huge difference but Ryan has to step back let the coach coach

I'd beg mcdonagh as defence coach and get declan Fitzgerald in
    They won't be any worse than now and I'd say could be much better

Ryan should stay as manager

I get that some people don't like ttm's views but its worse to see people sniping at him, like him or not he gives us an outsiders perspective on Limerick hurling matters, but unlike the average outsider he bases his views on the back of attending an absolute bucket load of games and even training sessions involving our teams at all kinds of levels. An outside perspective is also important.

A lot of the outside perspective on us is very lazy. Plenty of pundits said we'd be there or thereabouts with our usual intensity and endeavour. Nobody really looked that deeply at us, has any pundit be that on the Sunday Game or in any newspaper highlighted that we had particular shortcomings that could bite us on the ass? All we heard about Limerick were the usual platitudes and cliché's, "Oh come championship they'll bring the typical Limerick passion" and so on. We've had big problems which were plainly evident since last seasons Munster final, and it strikes me as strange and disappointing that nobody in local or national media ever really called us out on it.

Thank you genuinely means a lot
    Thank you

Look at limerick and compare to cork and Galway and Dublin limerick imo have as good and probably better individual talent than most and deserve be top four imo

Cork were awful all year but Cusack said it last night he's words were cork kicked and screamed but eventually at last playing a sweeper game and possession one and landers made huge difference there and jbm is taking steps back

In two games cork made huge defence improvement from conceded no goals to lot

A coach would make huge difference but Ryan has to step back let the coach coach

I'd beg mcdonagh as defence coach and get declan Fitzgerald in
    They won't be any worse than now and I'd say could be much better

Ryan should stay as manager

Sure we'll see what comes of this county board meeting. I can't see TJ losing the job but there has to be a reshuffle with the coaches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭zombieHanalei

Heat of the moment now having died down, I don't think TJ has to go but as some people are already saying a change is definitely required. Questions need to be asked; what are the exact roles of Clarke, Lyons and Beary? Are they the best men for their current roles? What exactly does TJ himself do? He needs to reflect and identify his own personal strengths and weaknesses, something I feel this county board meeting is a bit too soon for, we should take a few weeks to let the dust settle, often CB meetings have descended into farce when feelings are still raw and anger is still high.

TJ has his strengths, he is actually a good man to lead a management team provided he picks the right men to work under him, and if he wants to stick with this years backroom team then our county board need to intervene. It can't continue as it was. A big part of management is delegation, a manager needs to assign roles to the correct people in order for an organisation to function efficiently, that's a pretty basic principle of management be that sporting or business or otherwise.

He's a very loyal man though, and that could be the sticking point, would he turn his back on his current guys? I'm not so sure. Look at how he picked his panel in January, and never changed it as the year went on, nobody was added during the WCC or league when our injury situation was ridiculous, nobody added or dropped after league despite the fact the league was a failure. Only changes were Moran retiring and Ryan leaving. And that initial squad was conservative in the first place, Lynch and Morrissey were no brainers, would have been daft not to call them up. But other than that it was a squad selection that lacked balls if you'll excuse the expression, but that's what TJ needs now in terms of the backroom team and the squad, time to make some "ballsy" calls.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭paddy no 11

TTM, dont engage with rightwing and savannahkat for a start this will help things greatly. You should take aboard some of the advice offered above but dont stop posting.

TTM, dont engage with rightwing and savannahkat for a start this will help things greatly. You should take aboard some of the advice offered above but dont stop posting.

Agree.

TTM, I like your enthusiasm and appreciate your attending a lot of games. But please tone down the repetition and length of posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Mehapoy

And maybe coming on the site after a defeat and being knocked out of the championship with a bunch of 'I told you so's' isn't the smartest idea when people are tetchy anyway...
    I think we've to go back a few years for such a tame exit, even when the winning of the game was there they couldny rouse themselves..so there has to be something wrong with the setup, it's up to the county board and TJ to identify that and rectify it, everything including TJs position should be up for review...I think back room changes are needed, with TJ staying on, they need to identify an experienced coach and get them in, and freshen up the selectors...panel needs to be overhauled as well, 5 or 6 changes needed at minimum...this years drift in the league and lack of plan needs to be addressed and rectified...I don't doubt the county board will be having a good look at TJ, Limerick managers have gone for less...

Heat of the moment now having died down, I don't think TJ has to go but as some people are already saying a change is definitely required. Questions need to be asked; what are the exact roles of Clarke, Lyons and Beary? Are they the best men for their current roles? What exactly does TJ himself do? He needs to reflect and identify his own personal strengths and weaknesses, something I feel this county board meeting is a bit too soon for, we should take a few weeks to let the dust settle, often CB meetings have descended into farce when feelings are still raw and anger is still high.

TJ has his strengths, he is actually a good man to lead a management team provided he picks the right men to work under him, and if he wants to stick with this years backroom team then our county board need to intervene. It can't continue as it was. A big part of management is delegation, a manager needs to assign roles to the correct people in order for an organisation to function efficiently, that's a pretty basic principle of management be that sporting or business or otherwise.

He's a very loyal man though, and that could be the sticking point, would he turn his back on his current guys? I'm not so sure. Look at how he picked his panel in January, and never changed it as the year went on, nobody was added during the WCC or league when our injury situation was ridiculous, nobody added or dropped after league despite the fact the league was a failure. Only changes were Moran retiring and Ryan leaving. And that initial squad was conservative in the first place, Lynch and Morrissey were no brainers, would have been daft not to call them up. But other than that it was a squad selection that lacked balls if you'll excuse the expression, but that's what TJ needs now in terms of the backroom team and the squad, time to make some "ballsy" calls.

He should stay as manager as limerick hurling doesn't need another management drama imo

He should bring in niall moran as groom him for the senior down the line
    Moran played a sweeper with ard scoil and was the ist limerick coach to play it
    He's respected by Ryan so he could work with him
    Get mcdonagh as back coach even if it's just part time for the league and then full peak for championship

I seen he's defence drills a few times he's simply outstanding and we'll ahead he's time

Declan Fitzgerald I'd ask as hugely rated limerick and Cork development squads and at ul
    Superb at working on space touch and hooking and blocking
    He's drill are all about pace and tempo

Also Ryan brings huge passion to the set up but should watch cork style game yesterday and all the games left and it will show how tactics huge part of the game with the sweeper

If you go to any school game at any level from dean Ryan to harty to camoige to college it's about the sweeper
    Limerick have to embrace this style not fear it
    Cork it took four years yes four years for jbm to eventually see the light but the change was landers in he's huge friends with him in he was he's ex captain and also landers persuaded him not to resign after being hammered by tippeary in a challenge in cork on the eve of championship sixteen years ago

Point is jbm stubbornly ignored the sweeper but at last he's changes and he listened to he's friend landers who played it with Cork minors

Moran is a friend of Ryan so Ryan may well listen to moran

Landers brought change but it may be too late to save cork this year
    Moran should be brought in now and he's year to change things
    Moran could be huge sea change in he's played with Ryan on old school system but he saw the need of change so with moran their I don't Ryan would be against it but hed embrace it

Moran yes is unproven but just a hunch tells me he's hugely innovative
    He brought in nutrition and ice bath recovery to school team years ago
    He's way ahead of he's time as coach
    Has to be involved

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭paddy no 11

Id have huge reservations about keeping any of the current set up involved. (I had written a long post justifying this but lost it somehow) anyway there's so much that went wrong and so little that went right i cant justify keeping them on. There needs to be a major overhaul. I expect Tj to be retained at the next meeting and i'll be waiting on performances next year to raise expectations. I wont expect anything different only more of what we got this year.

I'll move onto the u-21 game.

Id have huge reservations about keeping any of the current set up involved. (I had written a long post justifying this but lost it somehow) anyway there's so much that went wrong and so little that went right i cant justify keeping them on. There needs to be a major overhaul. I expect Tj to be retained at the next meeting and i'll be waiting on performances next year to raise expectations. I wont expect anything different only more of what we got this year.

I'll move onto the u-21 game.
    It's a tough one in limerick are stuck between a hard place but new management put huge pressure again limerick and new minors coming in don't deserve that so I say leave him there but completely change rest

And limerick fans media must embrace new system play accept it will be turbulent but give it time

I hope he's not sacked tomorrow as daly no guarantee he's up to it either

He should stay as manager as limerick hurling doesn't need another management drama imo

He should bring in niall moran as groom him for the senior down the line
    Moran played a sweeper with ard scoil and was the ist limerick coach to play it
    He's respected by Ryan so he could work with him
    Get mcdonagh as back coach even if it's just part time for the league and then full peak for championship

I seen he's defence drills a few times he's simply outstanding and we'll ahead he's time

Declan Fitzgerald I'd ask as hugely rated limerick and Cork development squads and at ul
    Superb at working on space touch and hooking and blocking
    He's drill are all about pace and tempo

Also Ryan brings huge passion to the set up but should watch cork style game yesterday and all the games left and it will show how tactics huge part of the game with the sweeper

If you go to any school game at any level from dean Ryan to harty to camoige to college it's about the sweeper
    Limerick have to embrace this style not fear it
    Cork it took four years yes four years for jbm to eventually see the light but the change was landers in he's huge friends with him in he was he's ex captain and also landers persuaded him not to resign after being hammered by tippeary in a challenge in cork on the eve of championship sixteen years ago

Point is jbm stubbornly ignored the sweeper but at last he's changes and he listened to he's friend landers who played it with Cork minors

Moran is a friend of Ryan so Ryan may well listen to moran

Landers brought change but it may be too late to save cork this year
    Moran should be brought in now and he's year to change things
    Moran could be huge sea change in he's played with Ryan on old school system but he saw the need of change so with moran their I don't Ryan would be against it but hed embrace it

Moran yes is unproven but just a hunch tells me he's hugely innovative
    He brought in nutrition and ice bath recovery to school team years ago
    He's way ahead of he's time as coach
    Has to be involved
    To be honest I think Niall is not long enough retired and would be too close to the current panel...should be over underage before stepping up, Declan Fitzgerald I know was a dissapontment at u21 but was a manager so maybe a coaching role might suit better, if only there was a guy from Limerick hanging around who has won an all Ireland elsewhere as a coach!
    But as someone said they need to look at the management setup, identify what's missing and rectify it, that's before you get to playing personnel changes...don't know if there's anyone in Limerick with that mindset, would like to know the opinions of someone like Moran who's experienced it from both sides, being a coach at schools and on the panel through a host of managers.

The minors are very much a team in dalys coaching image, very tight at the back, don't give much away but fairly blunt going forward, they have Antrim next and you would think they'll get a crack off Kilkenny in a semi...never know they may emulate the 2005 and last years minors and reach a final, don't think they have enough to win it though, doesn't seem to be a vintage minor year, all teams in Munster were even enough and Kilkenny were lucky in the Leinster final, winner what Galway are like? Wouldn't surprise me to see cork getting more products from their cohort than anyone else...even tipp

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

TJ is a genuinely nice guy, I would love for him to do well. But the fact is that we deteriorated a lot from last year.

People may say that we did lose 2 games last year and only won 2, same as this year and that we may have had flaws (the goals conceded against Cork are a big example). But there is absolutely no denying the fact that last year we were a level above where we were this year in almost every facet of play. We certainly had more about us in attack, our work rate/intensity was on a completely different level and we didn't have as many individual errors in our backline as we did this year (particularly against Tipp).

So that's a worry.

Managers have been sacked for less and I would actually be surprised if TJ was there next year, I think the county board will get rid of him. We really can't afford any more failure. There is the possibility of keeping him around if we get in a coach, but I don't know how this current management setup currently works, does TJ have total control?

If I had my way, I would approach Paul Kinnerk and I would say that we're willing to give him total control of the team. If he doesn't want to be the manager himself, let him pick a manager he can work with. Don't know if that's likely though.

• Advertisement

Fireball07 wrote: »
    TJ is a genuinely nice guy, I would love for him to do well. But the fact is that we deteriorated a lot from last year.

People may say that we did lose 2 games last year and only won 2, same as this year and that we may have had flaws (the goals conceded against Cork are a big example). But there is absolutely no denying the fact that last year we were a level above where we were this year in almost every facet of play. We certainly had more about us in attack, our work rate/intensity was on a completely different level and we didn't have as many individual errors in our backline as we did this year (particularly against Tipp).

So that's a worry.

Managers have been sacked for less and I would actually be surprised if TJ was there next year, I think the county board will get rid of him. We really can't afford any more failure. There is the possibility of keeping him around if we get in a coach, but I don't know how this current management setup currently works, does TJ have total control?

If I had my way, I would approach Paul Kinnerk and I would say that we're willing to give him total control of the team. If he doesn't want to be the manager himself, let him pick a manager he can work with. Don't know if that's likely though.

Kinnerk would probably be friendly with a few of the current players and probably would not want to be in a management position over them, if he ever wanted to consider management at all. He would be a great guy to come in if the current management, and players, worked with him.

In addition, he would be a good guy to build a game plan best suited to the players available. If he were to coach Limerick I wouldn't expect us to start playing like Clare 2013 as we have different types of players.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement