Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*Limerick GAA news/discussion thread*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭thinkstoomuch1

Kinnerk would probably be friendly with a few of the current players and probably would not want to be in a management position over them, if he ever wanted to consider management at all. He would be a great guy to come in if the current management, and players, worked with him.

In addition, he would be a good guy to build a game plan best suited to the players available. If he were to coach Limerick I wouldn't expect us to start playing like Clare 2013 as we have different types of players.

I'd have to disagree with that point ye don't have the players for a possession game

The likes of McNamara tobin Reidy o brien breen etc not suited to it but the core this team with the infusion of Byrnes the two lynch morrisey as a target man, Ryan etc are suited to it and with coaching would be fine

Without genuinely sounding I'm repeating myself but I have no option in this case as you say limerick have no choice but to avoid the possession game surely this year again shows the old limerick style is not the way forward

It's imo nothing to do with Kinnerk knowing players in fitzmaurice and daly and English of tippeary all managed their county knowing core of the panel
    Once your ruthless and leave emotion out of it can be done

Have no doubt cody knows family of players he drops etc as kk is a small county in size but cody judged on performance only so it wouldn't be a problem

Kinnerk imo would not join limerick as he would have to play orthodox and wouldn't have control in that

He refused to join last year and is going back to clare and he's abroad at present but back in late August or September I think

A poster was right in offer him the job with full control who he works with etc and game plans but I don't think he would be given the control by the board

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭glasagusban

I'd have to disagree with that point ye don't have the players for a possession game

The likes of McNamara tobin Reidy o brien breen etc not suited to it but the core this team with the infusion of Byrnes the two lynch morrisey as a target man, Ryan etc are suited to it and with coaching would be fine

Without genuinely sounding I'm repeating myself but I have no option in this case as you say limerick have no choice but to avoid the possession game surely this year again shows the old limerick style is not the way forward

It's imo nothing to do with Kinnerk knowing players in fitzmaurice and daly and English of tippeary all managed their county knowing core of the panel

Have no doubt cody knows family of players he drops etc as kk is a small county in size but cody judged on performance only so it wouldn't be a problem

Kinnerk imo would not join limerick as he would have to play orthodox and wouldn't have control in that

He refused to join last year and is going back to clare and he's abroad at present but back in late August or September I think

A poster was right in offer him the job with full control who he works with etc and game plans but I don't think he would be given the control by the board

You completely missed my point. I said the opposite of what you stated.

The Clare possession based game was designed, with a lot of contribution from Kinnerk, to overcome the lack of ball winning players in the Clare team.

I said: if Kinnerk joined limerick we would not end up playing like Clare because we have different type players. We would play a game to suit our strengths.

Kinnerk would be the perfect guy to build a game plan to suit our strengths and compensate for our weaknesses. As he was a part of in Clare.

It is foolish to think that Kinnerk is stuck on playing a possession based game. Unlike Donal O'Grady who is stuck in the early 00 era Cork hand passing game plan, Kinnerk will go with what works best for the team.

You completely missed my point. I said the opposite of what you stated.

The Clare possession based game was designed, with a lot of contribution from Kinnerk, to overcome the lack of ball winning players in the Clare team.

I said: if Kinnerk joined limerick we would not end up playing like Clare because we have different type players. We would play a game to suit our strengths.

Kinnerk would be the perfect guy to build a game plan to suit our strengths and compensate for our weaknesses. As he was a part of in Clare.

It is foolish to think that Kinnerk is stuck on playing a possession based game. Unlike Donal O'Grady who is stuck in the early 00 era Cork hand passing game plan, Kinnerk will go with what works best for the team.
    I would disagree with that in I watched caoimhin play a harty cup games against Youghal and he played a possession game with sweeper with players could be argued suited long ball direct game

Yes he would vary the game but it would be possession orientation

What style of play would you like with limerick

Seen as you mentioned o grady I think it is come to pass that the possession game is the only way forward now to beat modern defences
    And he was right it was the way forward for Limerick hurling

I would disagree with that in I watched caoimhin play a harty cup games against Youghal and he played a possession game with sweeper with players could be argued suited long ball direct game

Yes he would vary the game but it would be possession orientation

What style of play would you like with limerick

Seen as you mentioned o grady I think it is come to pass that the possession game is the only way forward now to beat modern defences
    And he was right it was the way forward for Limerick hurling

So to sum up your last two posts:

Kinnerk just imposes a possession based game regardless of players at his disposal. (Insulting)

Limerick don't have the players to play a possession game.

The only way limerick will improve is to play a possession game (which they can't do as they don't have the players according to you).

You still believe limerick have the players to win an AI (which they can only do by playing a possession game which they don't have the players to play).

I give up trying to reason.

So to sum up your last two posts:

Kinnerk just imposes a possession based game regardless of players at his disposal. (Insulting)

Limerick don't have the players to play a possession game.

The only way limerick will improve is to play a possession game (which they can't do as they don't have the players according to you).

You still believe limerick have the players to win an AI (which they can only do by playing a possession game which they don't have the players to play).

I give up trying to reason.

I did not say that they don't have the players i said there's a core of players that need to be dropped with new players brought in to suit the new system

I will repost it but you asked me not to repeat my self so I show you common courtesy

Give me an example of Kinnerk playing another style
    Have you watched caoimhin in the harty cup
    What style would you like to play for Limerick as the way to win the all ireland they truly deserves to win

Limerick have the players to win one but certainly not the ones started v Dublin as I'd have most but not all

• Advertisement

Mehapoy wrote: »
    The minors are very much a team in dalys coaching image, very tight at the back, don't give much away but fairly blunt going forward, they have Antrim next and you would think they'll get a crack off Kilkenny in a semi...never know they may emulate the 2005 and last years minors and reach a final, don't think they have enough to win it though, doesn't seem to be a vintage minor year, all teams in Munster were even enough and Kilkenny were lucky in the Leinster final, winner what Galway are like? Wouldn't surprise me to see cork getting more products from their cohort than anyone else...even tipp
    Limerick minor don't have Antrim it's Galway up next and it's on at midday two weeks in thurles

Strong Galway side with few lads from Athenry would played under sixteen this year

Worry in facing Galway as always is its hard to assess them as they have not played yet and they bring a huge element of surprise but I'd fancy limerick to win it

I'll be their and I'll support limerick minor before the cork lads play later on

Jerome o connell spoke on limericks radio this morning it's on their site
    It's short but we'll worth a listen in what he said

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Mehapoy

Who says Limerick have to play an orthodox game? You'd think everyone in Limerick is determined to win an AI playing 15 on 15... This simplistic media led idea that one teams plays 'tactics' while another doesn't is bull crap, heard des Cahill in the Sunday game asking if tactics were coming into the bigger games now! Absolute idiocy, tactics are simply a way of getting a team to play to their strengths and minimise weaknesses, Cody is a brilliant tactician, witness Richie hogan redeployment this year as leader of the attack...Davy Fitz is so fixated on sweeper he's actually playing to Clare weaknesses rather than strengths but some think he's a genius coz the media go on about his 'system'.

Who says Limerick have to play an orthodox game? You'd think everyone in Limerick is determined to win an AI playing 15 on 15... This simplistic media led idea that one teams plays 'tactics' while another doesn't is bull crap, heard des Cahill in the Sunday game asking if tactics were coming into the bigger games now! Absolute idiocy, tactics are simply a way of getting a team to play to their strengths and minimise weaknesses, Cody is a brilliant tactician, witness Richie hogan redeployment this year as leader of the attack...Davy Fitz is so fixated on sweeper he's actually playing to Clare weaknesses rather than strengths but some think he's a genius coz the media go on about his 'system'.
    I agree with a lot your points but that my point limerick shouldn't be orthodox

As for kk cody has since ten years ago always had tactic with system for each team

No one can deny systems play a huge part in the game just look at the Munster final it was extremely tactical

I think it's fair to say limerick have been predicable all year and that's where tactics come in to it they have no new system

ZombieHanalei was correct limerick need innovation and a change from the old style

Limerick minor don't have Antrim it's Galway up next and it's on at midday two weeks in thurles

Strong Galway side with few lads from Athenry would played under sixteen this year

Worry in facing Galway as always is its hard to assess them as they have not played yet and they bring a huge element of surprise but I'd fancy limerick to win it

I'll be their and I'll support limerick minor before the cork lads play later on

Sure they're delighted...
    Limerick leader got it wrong then, they thought it was Antrim they were facing,
    They'll have trouble with Galway you would think, less confident of turning over them as we struggle with them...

• Advertisement

Sure they're delighted...
    Limerick leader got it wrong then, they thought it was Antrim they were facing,
    They'll have trouble with Galway you would think, less confident of turning over them as we struggle with them...
    It was always Galway that was known straight after the game yesterday
    Ye beat them last year and only for a decision would have the year before

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭cnoc

Limerick posters here need to smarten up and stop interacting with the lad ttm in this Limerick thread. He imo should have to ask for permission if he wants to post in this thread or any other county specific home thread. It's no longer comical.

There is no need to censor TTM or indeed for him to request permission to post here in this thread. I would not agree with all his posts - boards.ie would be very poor indeed if a person could not express his/hers opinions/views. He has a very deep knowledge of the GAA scene at all levels. Anyway, it is the prerogative of the Moderator(s) if they have any issues with TTM.

It was always Galway that was known straight after the game yesterday
    Ye beat them last year and only for a decision would have the year before

I'm aware of the minor record against Galway, thanks for pointing that out and you're incorrect, the leader had Limerick playing Antrim at weight after the game... Maybe you're not on their page

I'm aware of the minor record against Galway, thanks for pointing that out and you're incorrect, the leader had Limerick playing Antrim at weight after the game... Maybe you're not on their page

I don't know what was on the leader i only know what was known after the game

My point regards Galway is ye won't fear them and ye have a right chance of making a semi final and that is a great achievement for the minor following on from an excellent minor munster championship

Would you stick louhghin to the forwards

It's a tough one but I think hes a better back

My point regards Galway is ye won't fear them and ye have a right chance of making a semi final and that is a great achievement for the minor following on from an excellent minor munster championship

I don't know whether the forwards aren't firing as Barry Murphy and or its I'd be tempted to

I don't know whether the forwards aren't firing as Barry Murphy and Flanagan are good players or its a daly game plan to keep things tight and use casey as the outlet, I'd have Loughlin up front if you could replace him at no 6, the only one Id try would be Flanagan back there, I think his athleticism and fielding would be suited to cb, grimes isn't really a defender so he's the only one really that could do a job there, probably too big a move now, maybe if we were facing Antrim

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭shockframe

A disastrous 2015 but cant say I'm too surprised. The Donal O Grady beatdown in April 2014 which was totally uncalled for was always likely to come back to bite us and the run to the semi final (which I reckon he had a big part to play in with preparation and fitness) only delayed the inevitable.

TJ should never have stayed on his own as he was unsuitable for the managerial role and he lost a lot of credibility by staying on. Even in spite of last years run I still would have had a lot of doubts and questions over him and I cant think of at least 1 that has been answered emphatically.

The team is still by and large the same mix from O'Gradys first stint in 2011 and John Allen's time.For all the talk of TJ leaving his mark on the side very little has changed personnel wise and outside of Seanie O'Brien its harder to be dropped than it is to breakthrough. I don't include Cian Lynch as he was coming through regradless of who was manager.You cant expect to compete at the highest level with a 4-5 year old squad unless you have a team for the ages.Even more so with a squad that has quite a few who haven't lived up to the early hype but still seem to get picked.There hasnt been a player in the last 2 years that has improved under the current setup the way Mcnamara did in 2011 or Mccarthy in 2012.

There seemed to be route one strategy all year with little to no variation in play. At this level you must be versatile and you have the likes of Waterford moving away from their crowd pleasing team of the 00's and Kilkenny have been the blueprint for defend at all costs where necessary for a decade or more. Its one thing playing a long ball into the forwards to conceal a game plan in the summer. By doing the same thing over and over without a plan b is always going to end badly.

Limerick wouldnt worry you wrt fitness and strength either so thats another thing that hasn't been addressed. You wont win an all ireland in this day and age unless you are at a very high level of conditioning. We stick out like a sore thumb in this regard and we will not get results in our current state.

I think a clearout is required now and Mcdonagh is looking like the best man in the county right now. I'd be a fan myself and being from Bruree he shouldnt be compromised in his team selection. If its a Limerick setup a representative from each division would be a better way to go if possible. We must have Paul Kinnerk on board too.

For all the management issues the players have to look at themselves too. Way too much was made of last years run and Seanie O'Brien aside I cant think of too many that will be positive about the year just gone.There's too many there that are not where they could be and believed the hype of the last couple of years.The condition of a few leaves a lot to be desired. There is a need of a shakeup now but with so many influence behind the scenes I doubt it will happen.

A number of the team did plenty of media work after last season and it must come to a stop. Did you ever have the likes of Tomas O'Se and Eddie Brennan in the papers while they were playing. Do your talking on the pitch and if your successful then do the media later-not while your still playing.

I reckon that our early decade resurgence is at an end for a while and it may take 3 years before we get going again if at all.We got a run from the Minors in 2005 and barring a time honoured Limerick disaster we should be competitive with the 2013-15 minors but this is a crucial time.2015 has ended a bit like 2003 and 2009 and its frustrating for us all that we seem to be making the same mistakes over and over again.

To be a fly on the wall tomorrow night.

Also we might have watched Donal O'Grady's last game and whatever arguments we might have I'm sure we can all agree that he has been a class act for the county over the last decade and a great role model.

shockframe wrote: »
    A disastrous 2015 but cant say I'm too surprised. The Donal O Grady beatdown in April 2014 which was totally uncalled for was always likely to come back to bite us and the run to the semi final (which I reckon he had a big part to play in with preparation and fitness) only delayed the inevitable.

TJ should never have stayed on his own as he was unsuitable for the managerial role and he lost a lot of credibility by staying on. Even in spite of last years run I still would have had a lot of doubts and questions over him and I cant think of at least 1 that has been answered emphatically.

The team is still by and large the same mix from O'Gradys first stint in 2011 and John Allen's time.For all the talk of TJ leaving his mark on the side very little has changed personnel wise and outside of Seanie O'Brien its harder to be dropped than it is to breakthrough. I don't include Cian Lynch as he was coming through regradless of who was manager.You cant expect to compete at the highest level with a 4-5 year old squad unless you have a team for the ages.Even more so with a squad that has quite a few who haven't lived up to the early hype but still seem to get picked.There hasnt been a player in the last 2 years that has improved under the current setup the way Mcnamara did in 2011 or Mccarthy in 2012.

There seemed to be route one strategy all year with little to no variation in play. At this level you must be versatile and you have the likes of Waterford moving away from their crowd pleasing team of the 00's and Kilkenny have been the blueprint for defend at all costs where necessary for a decade or more. Its one thing playing a long ball into the forwards to conceal a game plan in the summer. By doing the same thing over and over without a plan b is always going to end badly.

Limerick wouldnt worry you wrt fitness and strength either so thats another thing that hasn't been addressed. You wont win an all ireland in this day and age unless you are at a very high level of conditioning. We stick out like a sore thumb in this regard and we will not get results in our current state.

I think a clearout is required now and Mcdonagh is looking like the best man in the county right now. I'd be a fan myself and being from Bruree he shouldnt be compromised in his team selection. If its a Limerick setup a representative from each division would be a better way to go if possible. We must have Paul Kinnerk on board too.

For all the management issues the players have to look at themselves too. Way too much was made of last years run and Seanie O'Brien aside I cant think of too many that will be positive about the year just gone.There's too many there that are not where they could be and believed the hype of the last couple of years.The condition of a few leaves a lot to be desired. There is a need of a shakeup now but with so many influence behind the scenes I doubt it will happen.

A number of the team did plenty of media work after last season and it must come to a stop. Did you ever have the likes of Tomas O'Se and Eddie Brennan in the papers while they were playing. Do your talking on the pitch and if your successful then do the media later-not while your still playing.

I reckon that our early decade resurgence is at an end for a while and it may take 3 years before we get going again if at all.We got a run from the Minors in 2005 and barring a time honoured Limerick disaster we should be competitive with the 2013-15 minors but this is a crucial time.2015 has ended a bit like 2003 and 2009 and its frustrating for us all that we seem to be making the same mistakes over and over again.

To be a fly on the wall tomorrow night.

Also we might have watched Donal O'Grady's last game and whatever arguments we might have I'm sure we can all agree that he has been a class act for the county over the last decade and a great role model.

A very in depth assessment that may sound harsh but unfortunately there's a lot of truth in what you say on certain things
    You say three years before a resurgence and I hope your wrong and it's sooner but you could be right and I fear it could be five years as two years before the term ends with three year plan to build a team

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭lim4ev

Outside of Limerick's problems does anyone have any views on the state of hurling in general[not the hurling but the set ups]Absolutely shocking all this defensive tactic sweeper boll'x ology the game is fu++ed in my opinion balls being cleared out of defences to the opposition defence with 3 or 4 there to pick it unhindered and puck it back down for the same to happen at the other end.Truly awful.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

Ttm your defence of Fitz on the Clare thread makes a mockery of your other posts, if he was Limk manager you'd be crucifying him.

One victory since 2013 (v Offaly) with the resources at his disposal is criminal & makes TJ's failure look tame by comparison. Yet you continue to defend him out of pure trollishness or some other mad logic known only to you.

Just stuck you on the ignore list there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

shockframe wrote: »

You make a lot of good points, can't go into all of them at this time but I'd like to make a few.

First of all, I would agree that McDonagh looks very promising as a coach/manager but it's possible that it's too early for him yet. I know he's been involved with the minors but I'd like to see him given a chance with the 21s/minors or do a bit more with Bruree before I'd have him in the Limerick job. Unless you just meant as a coach, which I'd be fully behind.

I can't really think of any Limerick candidate bar Kinnerk who I'd want in the job, and Kinnerk has primarily been a coach in the past. McDonagh looks promising, Niall Moran similar, Ger Cunningham of Knockainey is also highly-rated (but has been involved with the seniors previously) but I'm not sure I'd give any of them the management role. A lot of people will be keeping an eye on Carey and how he does with the Well this year, but again, I wouldn't be giving him the Limerick senior job. All would be good coaches but I'd say they'd be better off trying to work their way up.

Seanie O'Brien did have a good year in general but I thought he was probably our worst player against Dublin and I think he showed he is not a corner-back. He could probably play the sweeper role well, but when it came to man marking, he was well off his man. It's not his fault really, I had never heard of him playing there before and I thought he could be good in the position with his pace but I think he will have been disappointed. But I would say that Shane Dowling had a good Championship season too, all things considered. His work rate is serious, it's something that some people may have criticised him before but he is now our most important forward and is pretty consistent. Can't believe he was taken off, unless he was injured.

As for the media work, I'm not sure that's an issue. I haven't noticed Limerick players doing any more than any others, players are required to do a certain amount because of GAA sponsorship and stuff- pretty sure every county does it. You're more likely to notice Limerick players though.

And I wouldn't be as downbeat as you about the future. It really depends on what happens in a coaching situation but plenty of teams have had bad years and bounced back strong the next year. Losing by a point to Dublin, even after losing heavily to Tipp is nothing like 2009 really, where we were humiliated, even if we had reached a semi-final. I think there was an overreaction to that defeat and that is what cost us more than anything. The talent is still there, there is no reason why we can't come back strong next year.

Look at Waterford last year, they had a shocking season but won a league, got to the Munster final and I will say they will end up giving Kilkenny a very good game in the semi-final. They're on the right track. Look at Galway in 2011, one of the most pathetic performances I have seen against Waterford but came strong in 2012, almost won the All-Ireland. Dublin every second year under Daly came back.

It's not as if there are going to be a shed load of retirements, we will lose Dodge, which is sad but it's not the end of the world. The rest of the players are at their peak around now... if the coach thinks they should be moved on, then fine but a blend of the newcomers and the spine of our current team should work. It's the overall philosophy that needs to be right, from fitness & conditioning to tactical gameplan.

Ttm your defence of Fitz on the Clare thread makes a mockery of your other posts, if he was Limk manager you'd be crucifying him.

One victory since 2013 (v Offaly) with the resources at his disposal is criminal & makes TJ's failure look tame by comparison. Yet you continue to defend him out of pure trollishness or some other mad logic known only to you.

Just stuck you on the ignore list there.
    I post due to a love of hurling and with respect your entitled to your opinion and many genuine posters know I'm not a troll
    But look i cant change your opinion
    I have critsed davy and did regards his comments on Barry kelly the referrer

The reason I defend davy is i don't think he's bad as Ryan as aside from waterford crystal cup and second grade intermediate title with Kilworth he's under twenty record is appalling and lost four out of eight championship games with two wins against second division teams one being westmeath

Now love or dislike davy record is all ireland winners Fitzgibbon cup munster title with waterford and all ireland final

Davy is stubborn and has many faults but the complete total anti bias against him manager i don't agree with as he's record means deserves better

People critse davy are well able cross line and insult him personally where just cause don't like him but people have problems questions manager record alone

Again just point out many outstanding posters here bar few other majority question Ryan management

Other points when players says don't want davy he should go or give me better alternative
    I would leave davy there only basis Kinnerk comes back like Cusack said as they worked successful before
    I'd say if you give Kinnerk option Fitzgerald or Ryan he'd choose Fitzgerald manager work with

As I thought in like I felt limerick can't get rid of him and all will happen is a shake up of personal

The o grady affairs the Wallis affairs has all happened two quickly together so imo limerick can't sack him and I hope they don't

It's a very difficult position limerick found themselves in but one the board created
    There's no viable alternative out there really so coach is the best option moo

That depends on Ryan who he gets but also who is prepared to work with him

Interesting times ahead to see who

lim4ev wrote: »
    Outside of Limerick's problems does anyone have any views on the state of hurling in general[not the hurling but the set ups]Absolutely shocking all this defensive tactic sweeper boll'x ology the game is fu++ed in my opinion balls being cleared out of defences to the opposition defence with 3 or 4 there to pick it unhindered and puck it back down for the same to happen at the other end.Truly awful.
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder they say

Point is yes free flowing hurling is gone but the tactics battles innovation battle management is fascinating and level the playing field that it's not just about playing talent to a point

I think it's great now in the game
    The game will evolve again that's the nature of it

Other points when players says don't want davy he should go or give me better alternative
    A better alternative? How about a three in a row u21 management team that basically handed Davy's 2013 team to him! Or Daly. Or Lohan.
    I'd say if you give Kinnerk option Fitzgerald or Ryan he'd choose Fitzgerald manager work with
    This is actually a disgraceful comment. You're putting words into a persons mouth to support your own ridiculous argument. It's complete nonsense and you are taking extreme liberties. Cop on to yourself.

A better alternative? How about a three in a row u21 management team that basically handed Davy's 2013 team to him! Or Daly. Or Lohan.

This is actually a disgraceful comment. You're putting words into a persons mouth to support your own ridiculous argument. It's complete nonsense and you are taking extreme liberties. Cop on to yourself.
    I meant soley in he will as stated time again play possession game won't be allowed with clare

Kinnerk refused join limerick and said come back to clare did he or did he not

My opinion is yes he said love clare but also I feel he knows he's style suited clare

Look with greatest respect it's well known you don't like my post fair enough but will you please stop the continually sniping at post
    Debate if you don't want to ignore them

As regards under twenty management yes they deserve be involved but I'm on about back room,with a manager, in joint management I have doubts at senior can joint management work

Maybes it can

Kinnerk declined join limerick last year did he or did he not
    He also stated he's be open come back to clare

Nothing disgraceful regards my comment

That's twice nowin a day with two different posts you have chosen to turn what I said in to something else and there's imo clear sign just if I say something you go on the offence yet others say same point and your fine with it

http://www.clarepeople.com/2014/09/17/davy-fitz-speaks-of-plans-for-2015/

It said it here Kinnerk taking year out and coming back

Yes that could change but nothing has been said to say otherwise

It's back to my point he if comes back to clare chooses clare

He declined limerick last year when interest from limerick to join them was made even in media
    So my point are only saying what is well known
    He declined one county and possibly joining clare as he also said before he wants win more all ireland with them

He would be huge asset to limerick but it's unlikely

• Advertisement

http://www.clarepeople.com/2014/09/17/davy-fitz-speaks-of-plans-for-2015/

It said it here Kinnerk taking year out and coming back

Yes that could change but nothing has been said to say otherwise

It's back to my point he if comes back to clare chooses clare

He declined limerick last year when interest from limerick to join them was made even in media
    So my point are only saying what is well known
    He declined one county and possibly joining clare as he also said before he wants win more all ireland with them

He would be huge asset to limerick but it's unlikely

Can you point to anything rather than heresay where Kinnerk was approached by Limerick and rejected it saying he wouldn't work with Ryan, where he said he only wants a 'possession' game whatever that means and where he has said he's going back to Clare in 2016?

As I understand it, it was said Kinnerk was going travelling for a year when he left the Clare setup but that was before he joined the Limerick underage football academy...he might end up back in Clare but it's all just heresay and guessing and pointless.
    including from Donal og who shouldn't be highlighting it on national media, the guy is entitled to his own plans without people speculating on it off their own batt to try to bolster davys position.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement