Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*Limerick GAA news/discussion thread*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Pandiani

N20 wrote: »
    I see Cian Lynch got a red card in 21 game last night on top of last weeks Mary I one ??? 2 straight reds in sucession not good.

He could be facing lenghty suspension

Will he not just miss one game in each competition?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

I see Cian Lynch got a red card in 21 game last night on top of last weeks Mary I one ??? 2 straight reds in sucession not good.

He could be facing lenghty suspension
    Would he be a firely player?

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭lim4ev

sasta le wrote: »
    Would he be a firely player?

Wouldn't think so I,d say he must be getting special attention from opposing teams maybe and prob getting frustrated very surprised to hear he was sent off again last night tbh

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

lim4ev wrote: »
    Wouldn't think so I,d say he must be getting special attention from opposing teams maybe and prob getting frustrated very surprised to hear he was sent off again last night tbh

Was thinking that being targetted

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭N20

lim4ev wrote: »

I agree - not his form from what I've seen of him.

Presume it will depend on referees reports but the standard suspensions could be increased given 2 straight reds back to back

• Advertisement

Good game in store today between LIT and UCD in Fitz

LIT 2pm

if anyone going they might put up a match report after

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭raindodger

Good game in store today between LIT and UCD in Fitz

LIT 2pm

if anyone going they might put up a match report after

with the election any chance we can upgrade you to M20

raindodger wrote: »
    with the election any chance we can upgrade you to M20

Ha ha

Id say youre struggling yourself with a name like raindodger !

LIT just scraped past UCD, and 5 goals between UL and Mary I

Pity Mary I didnt get over the line but Lynch a big loss - hes there again next year but I presume Hannon gone !

And Bubbles sent off ona straight red for CIT, seems to be a bit of an edge to Fitz this year and its still only group stages

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Deise_2012

Ha ha

Pity Mary I didnt get over the line but Lynch a big loss - hes there again next year but I presume Hannon gone !

And Bubbles sent off ona straight red for CIT, seems to be a bit of an edge to Fitz this year and its still only group stages

Are Mary I gone from it now?

Deise_2012 wrote: »
    Are Mary I gone from it now?

No still in it to qualify if they beat DIT

Apologies i worded that badly - It would have been a big boost to them if they had gotten over the line against UL - they will play a group winner if they come through assuming UL win their third game too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭lim4ev

Ha ha

Ul always in control bar maybe ten min from half time dour enough affair but some superb hurlers on show and of course scores,I say dour because of the weather

heard sean finn taken away in ambulance if so an amount of good players picking up bad injuries at the moment.
    Is it just bad luck or a pitch /weather issue.

heard sean finn taken away in ambulance if so an amount of good players picking up bad injuries at the moment.
    Is it just bad luck or a pitch /weather issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Na Piarsaigh beat Oulart the Ballagh after extra-time. Two huge performnce from O'Donoghue & Dempsey in midfield, scored a few points each, covered a huge amount of ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Mehapoy

Fireball07 wrote: »
    Na Piarsaigh beat Oulart the Ballagh after extra-time. Two huge performnce from O'Donoghue & Dempsey in midfield, scored a few points each, covered a huge amount of ground.

Good win for na piarsigh, wouldn't say a good performance, no bad thing for a semi final. Cushendall were impressive in the other semi so nap will have no doubts about the size of the task. Nap forwards only showed in flashes, hopefully croke park suits them better, a distinct lack of ball winning ability apart from david breen up there...great chance now to break limericks duck in this competition and in croke park, could be massive for nap and limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭glasagusban

God we made hard work of that. OTB moving sinnot back centre back really tightened up that line and we couldn't win a ball in the second half. OTB got their tactics spot on for large stretches and Na P played into their hands, I think we got our forwards line up wrong too. O'Donoghue got motm, he was even more impressive when I watched it back. But Dempsey was motm for me and those around me at the game, 4 points, all in the second half or extra time when Na P were under serious pressure, he kept us in the game. Downes really stood up in injury time. The OTB corner back spent the entire game fouling Casey and could have been sent off twice for striking with the hurley that wasn't picked up on tv, and casey still cleaned him. OTB were far better than I expected and will feel they were a bit unlucky I imagine. The ref was pedantic and inconsistent, bad for both teams but worse for Na P dishing out yellow cards for nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭paddy no 11

Just about warmed up and sobered up from yesterday

The switches OAB made had a big impact but really Na P stopped hurling as well and should have closed it out

In extra time breen made the difference he was out in front for every ball and distributed well, notably to casey who is just class, downes got in on the act at that stage too and they won easy in the end

Thought WOD was MOTM myself the ground he covers and use of the ball was brilliant. would have had michael casey ahead of dempsey too. great contribution with 4 points (there was one possession on 57 minutes where he took a really poor option imo)

Dowling was off with the frees, you'd wonder if knowing lynch is a better free taker has an effect

Great to be in the final

Limerick team for the Longford football game today:

O'Sullivan
    McCarthy Browne O'Dea
    Cahill Corbett Fanning
    Hegarty Treacy
    Sheehan Ranahan Buckley
    Neville Ryan Nash

O'Sullivan in for Scanlon from the named team.
    Nash & Sheehan start today for McSweeney & Kelly.

Not a huge amount of proven gamechangers on the bench today. Tom Lee will boost our midfield if we call on him, and maybe free Hegarty to move inside if needed. Stephen Kelly if he can find his form of old. Younger players like O'Donovan, Childs, Naughton then.

0-3 to 0-2 so far; Ian Ryan free, Danny Neville point and now Peter Nash has put us into the lead.

Both teams hit the woodwork in the space of a minute- Gearoid Hegarty was through but tried to fist a point rather than go for the goal, and hit the bar. Then Brian Kavanagh was clean through and rattled the bar with a shot for goal.

0-3 to 0-3.

• Advertisement

0-4 to 0-4 after 26 minutes.

Paul Whyte on for Darragh Treacy, early enough sub. Buckley probably to midfield, not sure where Whyte will go; half-forward maybe.

By all accounts, Limerick aren't playing very well. A lot of possession, but build-up is very slow, only one man inside and losing the ball too easily. Longford seem to be a bit quicker with their attacks.

We're playing with a very strong breeze in the first half, although it is a bit of a diagonal one and Ryan has missed a free because of it, as has Kavanagh for Longford.

Another free for Ryan just there, 0-5 to 0-4 now.

Level at 0-5 apiece at the break. Limerick have hit 6 wides.

Longford will have the wind in the 2nd half, hopefully we can get something from this one. Would put Longford in a lot of bother early on.

0-7 to 0-6 for Limerick, Diarmuid Masterson black card.

Peter Nash kicks us two points in front.

Nash & Tom Lee link-up, Lee fires it in!

1-8 to 0-6!

3-in-a-row for Longford; 1-8 to 0-9

1-8 to 0-10; Longford have scored 4 in a row, only a point in it now.

Level now :(

FFS Longford winning.

• Advertisement

Lost 1-8 to 0-13. How did we lose that? Seemed in complete control after the goal.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement