Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*Limerick GAA news/discussion thread*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭pajoguy

Absolutely correct, except we're the one's who have to endure it, not the egomaniacs. Will they do the decent thing and give it to John Kiely with licence to pick his backroom team? Or will they stick some other spoofer in there next year to do their bidding

Were kiely to retain the u21 this year he would hardly give up opportunity for a 3 in a row. They will probably give it to Leo knowing them!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭paddy no 11

Limerick (U21HC v Cork): Eoghan McNamara; Mike Casey, Richie English, Sean Flanagan; Colin Ryan, Ronan Lynch, Andrew La Touche; Darragh O’Donovan, Pat Ryan; Cian Lynch, Tom Morrissey, David Dempsey; Aaron Gillane, Barry Nash, Peter Casey.

Subs: Cian O Dwyer, Lorcan Lyons, Stephen Cahill, Oisin O'Reilly, Jack Quaid, Barry Murphy, John Fox, Dean Coleman, Paddy Morrissey.

Strong side on paper, our half back line is where it will be won and lost, Kingston and callaghan (if they start are proper half forwards)

Well done to the footballers, much needed win

Hectic 2 weeks of championship coming, minor, u-21 and both senior sides in action and int munster final

Cork have a serious half forward line out

Kingston
    O'Callaghan
    Fitzgibbon

Their strongest where we are weakest from last year, this will be a proper game of hurling as opposed to the muck at senior level

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭glasagusban

Cork have a serious half forward line out

Kingston
    O'Callaghan
    Fitzgibbon

Their strongest where we are weakest from last year, this will be a proper game of hurling as opposed to the muck at senior level

Will be v interesting to see how the new halfback line compare to last year's. Not as strong on paper, at least physically, but three very good hurlers.

All things being equal another year at this level should equate to improvements from most of the others so I expect us to be stronger than last year in every other line of the field.

Lynch and Ryan moved to half back are big losses to the forwards but Casey is a huge addition -no one will mark him. Also if Morrissey, Dempsey, and Nash show even a little improvement and step up to the mark they will make up for the loss. I admit I don't know much about Gillane.

Prep may be a bit more interrupted this year with more senior involvement but I expect us to come through this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 owen1000

lads watch this pa call guy tom night. the only reason he is not playing with seniors or under twenty ones is because he choose not to.

ask anyone that follows cork hurling he is best player in cork senior championship. first cousin to dots o call in Dublin.
    honestly he is my big fear

• Advertisement

Callaghan can do it all alright think Lynch will have a tough night but we've plenty of good players too, will be a great game

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭IanVW

Well lads just a quick one for yee regarding the mackey stand got tickets for 103 row F just wondering how far back would that be or what way the letters go? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

Ian, that's about on the 20 metre line, maybe 25 metre in the Mackey towards the city end. Should be ok enough, you don't need to be too far back as the Mackey has those horrible white pillars that obscure your view, however if at the very back its less of a problem. The Mackey is one of the worst in the country due to the restrictions when being built.
    The uncovered, on the other side is magnificent, brilliant view from majority of seats, provided of course its a dry day.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Quintis

1-6 to 0-1 after 10 minutes, best ten minutes of Limerick hurling I have seen this season

• Registered Users Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭slegs

A few more of these lads need to be promoted to senior!

• Advertisement

slegs wrote: »
    A few more of these lads need to be promoted to senior!

No they dont, the management at senior cant coach hurling, what players they have is irrelevant

Nice win, well played ronan, thought he'd be under pressure but played well. ALTC was struggling but fitz is lightning fast in fairness. English, pat ryan, and peter casey excellent.

Love the effin kilmallock combination for the last goal

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭lim4ev

I suppose we couldn't have won it a better way Kiely will have plenty of ammo now for the tip match thought English and p casey outstanding casey for first 45 min won every ball that came near him and won a load of frees and scored the classiest score of the night for me. Who,s this lad o Reilly lads I know he,s been doing well for kilmallock what age is he? Surely he,ll start the next day as thought gillane didn't go v well which I was surprised with as I like him as a hurler.

Thought Pat Ryan was superb last night. Ran midfield and moved the ball brilliantly while chipping in with key scores

lim4ev wrote: »
    I suppose we couldn't have won it a better way Kiely will have plenty of ammo now for the tip match thought English and p casey outstanding casey for first 45 min won every ball that came near him and won a load of frees and scored the classiest score of the night for me. Who,s this lad o Reilly lads I know he,s been doing well for kilmallock what age is he? Surely he,ll start the next day as thought gillane didn't go v well which I was surprised with as I like him as a hurler.

O'Reilly in superb form for Kilmallock this year, banging in goals in every game.
    Himself and Mulcahy are a very good combination. Didn't make the minor teams but was a panellist, has improved at a rate of knots since, likely to start ahead of Gillane after last night.
    Scored 2 goals V Na Piarsigh in NCW and could easily have got 3 more on the night. Very good prospect.

Great win for minors in Waterford 19pts to 17

was it broadcast live on 95FM or just updates.??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

^^ just updates

Tom morriseey and to a lesser extent nash and lynch couldnt move after 40 minutes into the u-21 game. Would be some shocking man management if these fellas were run into the ground the week of an u-21 game followed by a championship game.

Downes only change, this could go anyway I few goals and we win handy, no goals and it could get tight

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭HanaleiJ5N

I'm worried. Under TJ, the team has become utterly helpless when opposition hit a purple patch. Kerry dominated us from the 20th minute onward earlier this year down in Killarney, had we not built up a 10+ point lead at the start of that game things could have been very different. Westmeath ran us close last year before we pulled away in the closing stages but they will have been encouraged by how they kept in touch for so long, arguably they have improved. We appear to be stuck in a horrible 18 month stagnation. I still think we'll win but I also feel we're potentially on the brink of the most humiliating defeat of the county's history. Wouldn't bet on it but it wouldn't come as a huge surprise. Team selection; I'd say I'm disappointed in the lack of changes after the woeful performance the last day but at this stage with TJ the old saying about moving the deckchairs around the Titanic applies. Doesn't matter who he picks or where he picks them, they clearly aren't playing for him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

3 late changes!! What the hell is going on :mad:

I sincerely hope that wind is stronger than it looks because we're going to need it...

Dempsey got on!!!!!!!

Richie injured??????

They stood up in the second half and didn't allow Westmesth to kick in after a strong second quarter. Job done, well done too them. Bigger test lies ahead next weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭pajoguy

Could they not have made the draw this evening. At least people could make a few plans. Waiting til monday morning is a bit silly when all the results are in.
    It looked ominous for a long time today but you would expect us to have a bit too much for westmeath at this time of year. Had it been in the league earlier in the year god knows what the result would have been.

pajoguy wrote: »
    Could they not have made the draw this evening. At least people could make a few plans. Waiting til monday morning is a bit silly when all the results are in.
    It looked ominous for a long time today but you would expect us to have a bit too much for westmeath at this time of year. Had it been in the league earlier in the year god knows what the result would have been.

Exactly. Scandalous that the draw wasn't tonight or at least first thing tomorrow on Sunday Game Live at 2pm before they show tomorrow's games.
    Suppose Marty needs an ego-boost on Monday morning radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,345 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

washman3 wrote: »
    Exactly. Scandalous that the draw wasn't tonight or at least first thing tomorrow on Sunday Game Live at 2pm before they show tomorrow's games.
    Suppose Marty needs an ego-boost on Monday morning radio.

the GAA big bucks have to get there free breakfast monday morning

With yourselves down to play Cork in the Football next Saturday at home, it has thrown a spanner in the works. The 2nd round of the hurling is always played in neutral grounds (Thurles more than likely)

Would the footballers give up home advantage and maybe play it in Thurles on Saturday 9th July if the hurling draw is Clare vs Wexford & Limerick vs Cork ???

Looking forward (and dreading the long road back to Waterford lol) to heading to the Gaelic Grounds next sunday

PTH2009 wrote: »
    the GAA big bucks have to get there free breakfast monday morning

With yourselves down to play Cork in the Football next Saturday at home, it has thrown a spanner in the works. The 2nd round of the hurling is always played in neutral grounds (Thurles more than likely)

Would the footballers give up home advantage and maybe play it in Thurles on Saturday 9th July if the hurling draw is Clare vs Wexford & Limerick vs Cork ???

Looking forward (and dreading the long road back to Waterford lol) to heading to the Gaelic Grounds next sunday

We have already given up home advantage in the football. Playing Cork in Pairc Ui Rinn next Saturday. That may change to Sunday now as the hurling 1/4 finals will definitely be a double header in Thurles, most likely next Saturday evening at 5 and 7pm.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

Question for Limerick posters is there much Gaa in all the "rough"areas you hear in the media?Moyross Southhill Weston or what clubs are in the area etc

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement