Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*Limerick GAA news/discussion thread*

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

This Rightwing bloke is nothing but a troll, if the mods were doing their job he'd be long since banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

Rightwing wrote: »
    Little credentials. We must be realistic and admit the U21 championship is poor. Win Munster and you more or less win that. Is that enough to give him the main job? This year in the U21 was telling. How Limk managed to lose to a desperately limited tipp team was worrying. Waterford promptly blew tipp out of the water.
    Was it not a risk going for a more proven manager, with maybe a little senior experience? Our past U21's managers have total failures at senior level.

I provided a managerial list a while back and I gave him a rating of 2/10. Beginning to think I was generous on the day.

Who was your choice of manager BTW
    I remember having this discussion with you at the time but I don't think you came up with a decent alternative.
    Mentioning managers that are simply not available or interested doesn't really count for much.
    We all want a Cody or a Sheedy but both were never an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,042 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

washman3 wrote: »
    I remember having this discussion with you at the time but I don't think you came up with a decent alternative.
    Mentioning managers that are simply not available or interested doesn't really count for much.

i can understand the argument of management to be fair,

1 anthony daly would have probably landed the clare job had gerry and donal not run against him, he is involved with limerick as it is and has a fair record at inter county level

2 anthony cunningham: brought a contentious enough county like galway where bickering club rivalries can filter on to the county scene to two all ireland finals in 3 seasons

both were said to be interested at the time, a result like yesterday plays into the hands of the critics, but a the end of the day its better to b finding out faults now amongst your panel rather then june the 4th

a good league is crucial now for kiely in order to win over the doubters

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭limmyhulk

This Rightwing bloke is nothing but a troll, if the mods were doing their job he'd be long since banned.

well said mick
    we can do without guys like this
    lets all give kiely respect and time

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Double Header vs Kerry in the Gaelic Grounds Sunday

Hurling @ 1 and Football @ 3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Twiceasnice97

as a clare fan I fully endorse this selection

so how did pat ryan and Dempsey get on sunday?

Where are all the Kiely worshippers now. I predicted this disaster would unfold.

who should be in charge of the limerick team.
    John Kiely had to be convinced to take the job by the county board

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

Hockied wrote: »
    Do you know someone knowledgeable about hurling? What question should these knowledgeable hurling people raise? You haven't raised any question, just taking pleasure in claiming to be right. A bit immature but also premature on second day out and first loss and with experimental team and trying out players. Are people really so petty? If you are a supporter do not post such poisonous rubbish. But never claim to be knowledgeable. What is YOUR contribution to limerick hurling? Making negative comments here? Unconstructive silly childish negative comments? Try putting in the hours, for years and years into limerick gaa like john kiely has done. Or practically giving over your 20s to diet, training, playing the game like the limerick players do . Manager, players deserve a bit of respect and support.... beyond their second game in january.

1 question at a time would be more suitable.

Probably the most knowledgeable poster on these threads.
    washman3 wrote: »

We did. It was limited, but someone with senior experience, A Cunningham would have been my choice.
    who should be in charge of the limerick team.
    John Kiely had to be convinced to take the job by the county board

That says it all really. If he has no confidence in himself, doesn't believe he is up to the job, how the hell are the players and supporters going to have confidence in him?
    Must be the worst county board in the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭commonsense.

Not even close. We win that honour easily in Cork.

1 question at a time would be more suitable.

Probably the most knowledgeable poster on these threads.

We did. It was limited, but someone with senior experience, A Cunningham would have been my choice.

That says it all really. If he has no confidence in himself, doesn't believe he is up to the job, how the hell are the players and supporters going to have confidence in him?
    Must be the worst county board in the country.

what a really silly post.
    You clearly have no idea at all what the process was.
    It had nothing whatsoever to do with confidence

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Quintis

TBF, I don't think he is a troll, just opinionated. I don't agree but Rightwing is entitled to his opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭cnoc

Does anyone know what became of "Thinkstoomuch1" from Cork?

cnoc wrote: »
    Does anyone know what became of "Thinkstoomuch1" from Cork?
    He was recaptured and is now in secure accomodation.

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭paddy no 11

so how did pat ryan and Dempsey get on sunday?

You know as much as i do

Stronger set of backs for clare at least

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭lim4ev

What's the opinion here with hannon at 6 I suppose they may as well try him there as he hasn't delivered as of late elsewhere I know he has the hurling for 6 but feel he's lacking something let's hope the mgt can get it out of him

Limerick 2-15 Clare 0-19, good response.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Id take a 2 point win in June :D

Celebrate it like we've won the AI. :rolleyes:

Is there an ignore function on this thing for douchebags so you dont have to read there fukin bullsh*t

Well done to the group for bouncing back after sunday, 2 goals is a bonus given that there's been a drought of them, must have been a decent defensive display

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭slegs

Well u just can't please some people!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

Where are all the Kiely worshippers now. I predicted this disaster would unfold.

You were only too willing to put the boot in after the Cork result, you cant have it both ways, unless of course you have an agenda!!!

danganabu wrote: »
    You were only too willing to put the boot in after the Cork result, you cant have it both ways, unless of course you have an agenda!!!

Depends on what that constitutes. Everyone has some sort of an agenda here or they wouldn't post.

The Cork result was a sign of things to come, but as I said I'm willing to give them a year and see what they can do.

Depends on what that constitutes. Everyone has some sort of an agenda here or they wouldn't post.

The Cork result was a sign of things to come, but as I said I'm willing to give them a year and see what they can do.

that's big of you.:rolleyes:

maybe some people are just interested in Limerick hurling/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,685 ✭✭✭flutered

to anyone cribbing about kiley and his team, go to three club games in a row then put on your thinking cap, they can only used what they see, when kiley said about hitting the ball to nowhere is a result of how they have been coached at club level, because when a player comes under pressure at any level he/she will revert to what they have been doing all their life, what the coaches try to instill in them will go out the window, remember a good coach is a con man, because they have to the players to do what they want them to do not what they usuall do

• Registered Users Posts: 6,685 ✭✭✭flutered

the two wins against both waterford and clare would not have happened 12 months ago, give credit where it is due

• Registered Users Posts: 6,042 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

flutered wrote: »
    to anyone cribbing about kiley and his team, go to three club games in a row then put on your thinking cap, they can only used what they see, when kiley said about hitting the ball to nowhere is a result of how they have been coached at club level, because when a player comes under pressure at any level he/she will revert to what they have been doing all their life, what the coaches try to instill in them will go out the window, remember a good coach is a con man, because they have to the players to do what they want them to do not what they usuall do

alot of truth in this regards the clubs , but also i think a few got caught in the headlights regards under age success , it counts for very little clare has had a ton of players that have struggled to make the step up

the worrying part for kiely or any manager is simple at the moment , not enough players are putting the hand up , looking at the line up on Wednesday night i taught that the bulk of that team would be in the mix for starting come championship

this is the time of the year the lads from NAP the previous minor and 21 teams that had success to be pushing for places , if they are not it dosent matter what manager you have

also it would seem the excitement of one or two lads in the local media has seemed to put an unwanted spotlight over some of the younger lads , i think the expectation levels on one or two players has been blown up a bit locally

Seems like a great effort from the footballers

I guess we have to wait for Clare to give a walkover Wednesday to get a fixture for the Cork match? This weekend in Charleville/Kilmallock would suit lads:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭HanaleiJ5N

A Cork win in Sixmilebridge (or an extremely unlikely win for Clare by 26+ points) and we're in the final. Clare might not fulfill that fixture though, seeking a two day postponement to Friday.

The extra game would be useful, we're going to have to hit the ground running in the league, defeat to Wexford in the first round would almost certainly rule out promotion at the first hurdle. Cork again would be a good run out, they shouldn't be lacking in motivation to put in an actual performance against them this time....

• Advertisement

The following was posted from Windy Shepard on the Clare thread:

Game goes ahead as planned Wednesday night in Sixmilebridge, a win puts Clare through to the final but will be without several of the panel due to injuries and college commitments

https://twitter.com/ClareFM/status/823551926734356480

Clare FM
    @ClareFM

SPORT: @MunsterGAA have confirmed Clare v Cork fixture in the Munster SHL will stand as planned for Wednesday night in Sixmilebridge #GAA

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement