Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*Limerick GAA news/discussion thread*

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭leonidas83

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Super win alright, great to see Tip win aswell, both Munster teams progress!!

Delighted, beating Longford on their own patch by six points is an excellent result especially considering we were chasing the game for so long, lets hope the draw is kind to us on Monday and we get Tipperary at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

leonidas83 wrote: »
    Delighted, beating Longford on their own patch by six points is an excellent result especially considering we were chasing the game for so long, lets hope the draw is kind to us on Monday and we get Tipperary at home.

We wouldnt mind that draw either tbh, obv prefer if it was in Thurles

We wouldnt mind that draw either tbh, obv prefer if it was in Thurles

No disrespect to ye but I think its the best we can hope for which will otherwise be a tough 3rd round draw. Gr8 result for ye today, have been impressed with Tipperary since I saw them give Kerry a hell of a game.

leonidas83 wrote: »
    No disrespect to ye but I think its the best we can hope for which will otherwise be a tough 3rd round draw. Gr8 result for ye today, have been impressed with Tipperary since I saw them give Kerry a hell of a game.

Oh i agree that we will be the team everyone wants, I think alot of people were overly critical of Kerry after that game without realising that Tipp arent exactly the cannon fodder they are portrayed as.

Oh i agree that we will be the team everyone wants, I think alot of people were overly critical of Kerry after that game without realising that Tipp arent exactly the cannon fodder they are portrayed as.

fully agree, tipp gave kerry a gr8 game that day, very close to them the whole way until the end, Kerry had pretty much a full strength team out that day too minus O'se and Donaghy for the first half

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

why do the treatymen always seem to produce the goods in the qualifiers? This team of players have a decent stack of wins under their belts - just always seem to come a little short in the really big games

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

oh and one other thing, i've heard a lot of stuff about how the davy fitz factor will be a motivating factor for limerick - is there any links to articles or reports on derogatory comments he has made about limerick or is it all just a bit of banter and hearsay based on his in-your-face brash attitude on the sideline

donfers wrote: »
    oh and one other thing, i've heard a lot of stuff about how the davy fitz factor will be a motivating factor for limerick - is there any links to articles or reports on derogatory comments he has made about limerick or is it all just a bit of banter and hearsay based on his in-your-face brash attitude on the sideline

Dont think D.Fitz needs to say anything to have players on the other team motivated playing against him, just wiping the smile off that little ****ers face is motivation enough

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭paddy no 11

Can i retract everything i've ever said about wayne mac - great strike

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭calvin_zola

some goal outta Limerick,dey'd b a bad team if they lose this

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,880 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

:rolleyes:

Will need more goals to win it me thinks

Half line completely out of it

Feck tobin should have buried that

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

He spends more time trolling Limerick people than he does talking about Waterford hurling, some sort of inferiority complex i'd imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

As a Longford fan can I just congratulate the Limerick footballers on their win today.
    Its not fair to say that Limerick were chasing the game because they never let Longford settle and Longford never got more than 3 ahead at any stage in the game but that's neither here nor there - the better team over the 90 minutes won. Best of luck to ye in the next round. I'm sure ye will fancy ye're chances against some of the other teams in the bowl on Monday.

we'll need 4 goals to win this

Half forward line is nowhere, and now an apparently injured hannon.

Midfield has been poor and consequently half backs unser serious pressure.

Tobin scored a cracker to make up for earlier miss.

John Conlon should have been sent off really poor form

we'll need 4 goals to win this

Half forward line is nowhere, and now an apparently injured hannon.

Midfield has been poor and consequently half backs unser serious pressure.

Tobin scored a cracker to make up for earlier miss.

John Conlon should have been sent off really poor form

Clare's FB line is shocking though, and just as I type its another goal, thats the worst FB line in intercounty hurling id say

still need the 4th goal

Clare will come strong again

too much messing lads back it over the bar

my nerves are shot

condon fecked

clare will go for goal here

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,880 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Savage game of hurling, seriously enjoyable and I think the better team went through.
    Delighted for Allen - a really nice man.

well done Limerick, great all ireland victory for ye.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Fair fúcks to ye.

Great to see Limerick on the up again after all the crap off the pitch in recent years.

First time I've watched them this year.
    They look like a tidy outfit.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Goals win matches and that proved it

Im absolutely delighted.

Thrilled.

Hopefully Condon hasnt done a ligament, he done quare roaring when he went down so doesnt look good.

Well done lads.

well done Limerick, great all ireland victory for ye.

You should be on stage.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Disappointed but the better team won in the end, bit more guile and goalscoring threat made all the difference.

Best of luck in the quarters lads.

I've a feeling there are many more great games to come between these two teams over the next few years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Am I right in saying it will be a Limerick Kilkenny quarter final if Waterford win the Munster final tomorrow? Since Limk & Tipp have already met?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Tipperary animal lover

No it will be an open draw as tipp beat limerick and cork! Hopefully if ye do play kk that ye can rattle them like Galway did .....

• Advertisement

Bringing on hannon was crucial - went from 4 down to winning fairly well.

Midfield improved in the 2nd half but were poor to in first.

Wayne mac 2 rubbish solos (one of which luckily resulted in him scoring a great goal) gave away 2 bad frees at start of 2nd half.

DOG done well, came up with some big catches when needed.

Breen's touch is poor and he's awkward but hard to handle as well.

Full forward line was class bar one error from tobin.

Dowling didnt get on a lot of ball, free taking was top class.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement