Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*Limerick GAA news/discussion thread*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭paddy no 11

washman3 wrote: »
    People need to get to the ground earlier.!!

They've gone fro a dozen turnstiles to 4 windows, its not fair, access and exit to ground from only one side yesterday, no lights in the toilets on far side, ****ty treatment of supporters is all it is.

Mehapoy wrote: »
    Don't know whether to be totally downbeat or to take a few positives from yesterday, seemed to have a good first half but totally faded out when galway upped it in the second, can't see us beating cork away but hope they can get positive performances, at this rate we'll be total underdogs against clare although both teams are similar, very unsure of maybe 1/3 of the team...

The 2nd half was horrible, but the 6 backs palyed well and hegarty and hayes have never played at that level before so i think they have to be given time.

We need to bring in McCarthy, Dempsey or ryan and casey for cork game. Our midield wouldnt be fast enough for corks game

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭PhuckHugh

Double header on Sunday with Cork footballers taking on Down - Limerick fans will have to pay €20 euro as a result - Very steep and unfair on the Down and Limerick fans travelling who will have no interest in the other game... They should have 'away' tickets for this very reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Pandiani

PhuckHugh wrote: »
    Double header on Sunday with Cork footballers taking on Down - Limerick fans will have to pay €20 euro as a result - Very steep and unfair on the Down and Limerick fans travelling who will have no interest in the other game... They should have 'away' tickets for this very reason.

€15 if you buy in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭lim4ev

They've gone fro a dozen turnstiles to 4 windows, its not fair, access and exit to ground from only one side yesterday, no lights in the toilets on far side, ****ty treatment of supporters is all it is.

Wasn't at match yesterday as was away don't tell me they still don't have lights in the toilets at the far side still? This is gone past being funny now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

Fully agree.
    Also the smell in the mens toilets underneath the Mackey was brutal, all for the sake of a few packets of those disinfectant cubes that are placed in the urinals.
    Not good enough in this day and age.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Has anybody's season ticket updated yetfrom Sunday?

Hopefully management and players will have learned a lot from the Galway game, particularly about keeping possession / playing smarter balls into our forwards. We really need to vary our puckouts, especially since we have a fairly young/lightweight set of forwards - beating ball in on top of them will suit most seasoned defences. I'll beheading along Sunday - be interesting to see what he does with midfield, it's the one area still unsettled as the backs look to be more or less nailed on and the forwards will be rotated as we go. Maybe Cian Lynch needs a run out at midfield?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Hopefully management and players will have learned a lot from the Galway game, particularly about keeping possession / playing smarter balls into our forwards. We really need to vary our puckouts, especially since we have a fairly young/lightweight set of forwards - beating ball in on top of them will suit most seasoned defences. I'll beheading along Sunday - be interesting to see what he does with midfield, it's the one area still unsettled as the backs look to be more or less nailed on and the forwards will be rotated as we go. Maybe Cian Lynch needs a run out at midfield?

Jesus I know we're not all fans of Cork but that's a bit much! :pac:

Need 3 or 4 changes sunday

Nicky and Jimbob are great players but think they need to be rotated sunday for McCarthy and Dempsey. Finn or cahill can come in at CB for rotation. Up front Morrissey can come in or peter casey if fit

Looking forward to Kiely's team

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

Highly unlikely. 'Work harder' is the mantra.

Cork are a great bet here at 4/6.

Rightwing wrote: »
    Highly unlikely. 'Work harder' is the mantra.

Cork are a great bet here at 4/6.

Got this one wrong.

Had Cork down in a €50 accum. Big upsets from all the 1B teams, the gap can't be that big.

Well done, first notable victory for some time.

Good win today, didn't have a great view of the match but was an good watch and win anyway. Backs are going well happy enough with all of them, I see hannon getting better and better the more time he gets. Richie english is class.

Sorry to say I thought WOD was poor again today, just needs to get rid of the ball quickly and stop taking contact. Cian lynch had a great game worked his socks off got a couple of scores and some big moments

Hegarty was the best of the half forwards, sideline was lovely had a very good 2nd half

John fitz got a crucial score. management learned the lesson of making switches in time this week, chance to make some amends from the galway game last week

Byrnes and hickey need to work on distribution a lot

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Slieve Gullion

I think Limerick are an improving side and have the potential to surprise us all on Sunday. I expect a hum dinger and a continuation of the upward trend in Limerick's performances.

I think Limerick are an improving side and have the potential to surprise us all on Sunday. I expect a hum dinger and a continuation of the upward trend in Limerick's performances.

We ought to be beating Galway, they are the ultimate losers.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Slieve Gullion

I think we're going to win the A I this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Vinnie222

I think we're going to win the A I this year.

Standard of hurling is shocking

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

Vinnie222 wrote: »
    Standard of hurling is shocking

Poor show from limerick...heard Anthony Daly say on radio lthat they looked like a team who've been training hard for the past 2 weeks.....for their sake I hope so

All the clamour for tj to be ousted for Kiely... All the crowing about Kennerk... An absolute joke, the team don't know what they're doing out there.

digzy wrote: »
    Poor show from limerick...heard Anthony Daly say on radio lthat they looked like a team who've been training hard for the past 2 weeks.....for their sake I hope so

If they were training hard they must have been doing all physical work as their touch was woeful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 muirsin

Some difference in second match. Least wexford puttin up fight

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭pajoguy

muirsin wrote: »
    Some difference in second match. Least wexford puttin up fight

And still being bate 14 points which is worrying for us. We are miles off this standard looking at us today.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭slegs

Worst I ever saw from a Limerick team. Beyond depressing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭MfMan

Rightwing wrote: »
    We ought to be beating Galway, they are the ultimate losers.

So how'd that work out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭kerrylad1

slegs wrote: »
    Worst I ever saw from a Limerick team. Beyond depressing.

Plus 1,dreadful performance.sickened.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Hockied

I am tempted to say its early days and young team , give them time, harder ground will suit them etc etc but I fear I would be wrong. Firstly a lot of Limerick team have a very poor first touch. Watch how much catching passes with hurley before getting it into hand then getting tackled. Also I fail to see Kiely's thinking in bringing kyle hayes onto the team. He is not ready for this as far as I can see. Good player but very young. He cast Hayes superior club man barry o'connell into wilderness having neglected to give him a chance and he would be better than a lot of panel as well as being a leader. Darragh o donovan was cast away too. Hegarty is praised regularly by limerick leader etc... this lad is a fine young guy no doubt but in my opinion there is politics here. I can't see any other reason. He would be a half decent sub but that is it at the moment. And what is colin ryan doing on the panel? Today he left kyle hayes on as full forward despite him being so out of his depth. He waited too long to introduce nash . The team are fit. That is great. Yet they lost most 50/50 ball , fumbled and stumbled their way through. They early season was spent doing weights. Thats good for some but not for the bigger men who needed work on speed. They did what they were told and some were given road when they ended up stronger but unable to get to ball first. I was not impressed with the win against cork. Cork are a struggling team. Nobody has anything to fear from Limerick again this year. God I hope I am wrong on all fronts. If I am wrong then make me eat my words and I happily will. I am sickened with every performance so far. Message to John Kiely is go back to drawing board and pick the best team available in limerick . No more appeasing certain people, selectors etc. Look at where each man needs improving and work on individual weaknesses. Throw away the one size fits all programs.

Hockied wrote: »
    I am tempted to say its early days and young team , give them time, harder ground will suit them etc etc but I fear I would be wrong. Firstly a lot of Limerick team have a very poor first touch. Watch how much catching passes with hurley before getting it into hand then getting tackled. Also I fail to see Kiely's thinking in bringing kyle hayes onto the team. He is not ready for this as far as I can see. Good player but very young. He cast Hayes superior club man barry o'connell into wilderness having neglected to give him a chance and he would be better than a lot of panel as well as being a leader. Darragh o donovan was cast away too. Hegarty is praised regularly by limerick leader etc... this lad is a fine young guy no doubt but in my opinion there is politics here. I can't see any other reason. He would be a half decent sub but that is it at the moment. And what is colin ryan doing on the panel? Today he left kyle hayes on as full forward despite him being so out of his depth. He waited too long to introduce nash . The team are fit. That is great. Yet they lost most 50/50 ball , fumbled and stumbled their way through. They early season was spent doing weights. Thats good for some but not for the bigger men who needed work on speed. They did what they were told and some were given road when they ended up stronger but unable to get to ball first. I was not impressed with the win against cork. Cork are a struggling team. Nobody has anything to fear from Limerick again this year. God I hope I am wrong on all fronts. If I am wrong then make me eat my words and I happily will. I am sickened with every performance so far. Message to John Kiely is go back to drawing board and pick the best team available in limerick . No more appeasing certain people, selectors etc. Look at where each man needs improving and work on individual weaknesses. Throw away the one size fits all programs.

Will the manager admit he has got it wrong to date?

Nash + Morrissey should be in that team. Both physical players that can win own ball and take a score, neither will be bullied. We will be eaten alive in championship if we persist with the current set of forwards.

MfMan wrote: »
    So how'd that work out?

It worked out very well, thank you. I backed Galway to beat us. They have a great record against us, and we have a woeful manager. Easy money @ 8/11.

But, my point remains, if you can't beat Galway, you are going nowhere, and I've said it for months here, we are going nowhere until change of management.

You know you can write off your season when the manager comes out with thrash like this:

'I don't think there is any shame in coming off having been beaten by 10 points' WTF. Such an inept performance.

'I can't put my finger on it' Please do us all a favour and resign and we might get someone who can put their finger on it. That's what you are there for.

• Advertisement

He is clearly out of his depth... 5/6 months in and yesterday is what we get served up.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement