Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*Limerick GAA news/discussion thread*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,685 ✭✭✭flutered

Rightwing wrote: »
    Rubbish, he was brought in because it was felt TJ wasn't doing enough with the quality of player at this disposal. We may as well get you in with your attitude, but you'd be probably be as successful as the current manager. :mad:

Complete rubbish. We've better players than Wex. But he has a plan that works. That said he'll win nothing with Wex.
    swo a team that will win nothing beat us, thats it in a nutshell

the last tipp manager, a professional in his private life, who was on a reported 88k per year, what did he win

• Registered Users Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭slegs

danganabu wrote: »
    By who?

This is my whole point, the perception that Kiely is doing a terrible job is based on an inflated opinion of the Limerick teams true ability, and to be honest I have no idea where that notion has come from.

How has Kiely taken Limerick backwards when  they haven't played a championship match under his tenure, get a grip man, you may very well be proven right but putting the knife in before the ball is thrown in is hardly fair.

Limerick's squad is a work in progress, quite clearly. I actually think it's verging on unfair on the players to expect them to be winning all around them yet, some of them are barely shaving.
    That's just not true. We have every right to expect success. Clare won an All Ireland with as young a team as we have now. Most teams are younger profile now so lets not be using age as an excuse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

flutered wrote: »
    swo a team that will win nothing beat us, thats it in a nutshell

Exactly. If it's Tipp that's beating us, we have to accept that.

Problem is when teams like Wex/Galway are doing a serious number on you, red flags are going off everywhere.

I fully expect Clare to give us a 10+ point drubbing...no shame in that tho I suppose.

in racing terms we are selling platers with derby ambitions

• Advertisement

slegs wrote: »
    That's just not true. We have every right to expect success. Clare won an All Ireland with as young a team as we have now. Most teams are younger profile now so lets not be using age as an excuse.

Exactly, otherwise why have them in there at all?

The Clare match will be very telling. If either team gets hammered pressure will have to come on respective management. I know Clare Mgt have won 3 U21's, but instant success will be demanded there. They had a poor league too. Pressure is on the loser of this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

They are. Tipp are top of the odds at the moment, and for a very good reason.

Wex haven't beaten Limk since the formation of the 1 B league.

We demolished them by 16 points in the U21 final.

We have the players, no question about that. It is something else that is wrong.

We'll have to agree to disagree so!

We'll have to agree to disagree so!

Fair enough.

Not as good as Tipp and 1 or 2 others, but certainly as good as the rest of them, and ahead of the likes of Wex as I clearly illusttrated.

We'll wait til the Clare match, and that should tell us a lot. If we are well beaten, then I'm well and truly vindicated.

Fair enough.

Not as good as Tipp and 1 or 2 others, but certainly as good as the rest of them, and ahead of the likes of Wex as I clearly illusttrated.

We'll wait til the Clare match, and that should tell us a lot. If we are well beaten, then I'm well and truly vindicated.

But Clare are 4/7 with the Bookies so surely a convincing Clare win is perfectly logical going on previous logic??

In all seriousness though I give Limerick a real chance against Clare who are also over-rated imo. Clare's backs are far too small and at least two of the 6 that will start are complete liability's. If Limerick play a big impossing half forward line and a fast inside forward line (which they have been doing) then they will rattle them. Midfield will be crucial and that would be my biggest concern for Limerick.

Fair enough.

what would you attempt to do, then how would you go about it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭cnoc

But Clare are 4/7 with the Bookies so surely a convincing Clare win is perfectly logical going on previous logic??

In all seriousness though I give Limerick a real chance against Clare who are also over-rated imo. Clare's backs are far too small and at least two of the 6 that will start are complete liability's. If Limerick play a big impossing half forward line and a fast inside forward line (which they have been doing) then they will rattle them. Midfield will be crucial and that would be my biggest concern for Limerick.

Which 2 Clare backs are a liability?

Clare are 4/6 favs with PP. This indicates a 2/3 point handicap. It was 5/6 before the league semi. I think people have seen the lack of fight as a poor sign. Has Kiely lost the dressing room?

If Clare win by 7/8 points, to me that's that.

I agree Clare aren't the best out there.

cnoc wrote: »
    Which 2 Clare backs are a liability?

Bugler and Browne

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭glasagusban

Yer man rightwing has gotten some chasing over the last few pages :D

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Django99

Bugler and Browne

I don't disagree but it looks like neither of these will start for Clare. Their 6 backs will probably be Cleary, Fitzgerald, McInerney, Dillon, Morey and O Connor.

Clare haven't won a Munster championship game in a few years if I'm remembering correctly. Limerick should have no fear, and as always will come in under the radar of 1B. It's a big match because the winner is guaranteed a quarter final at least.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

At least we're not as bad as that Tipp shower :pac:

talking about a team not turning up

Yer man rightwing has gotten some chasing over the last few pages :D
    he played the wrong tactics, it looks as if he lost the contributers to this thread

Ahem, as I was saying, Galway are a good side...

I don't like to read too much into anything from one week of the league to next, but Galway shutting Tipp out today makes me feel slightly less concerned over what they did to Limerick last week. I knew we weren't up there with Galway but it's good to know that not even Tipp can live with them at the minute.

Mick Ryan simply has to go, not good enough and no signs of improvement :D

• Advertisement

I like Mick Ryan, but I hope he didn't say 'no shame in losing by 16 points'. The sign of a loser, accepting a big defeat at home.

Chuckle chuckle. ;)

Mick Ryan simply has to go, not good enough and no signs of improvement :D

The results don't lie, look where much Ryan has taken this team in the last three months.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭PhuckHugh

Who plays CB now that Hannon is out?

I'd prefer Hickey and move O'Mahoney to the wing.

I like Mick Ryan, but I hope he didn't say 'no shame in losing by 16 points'. The sign of a loser, accepting a big defeat at home.

Chuckle chuckle. ;)
    or more to the point a realist, not a looser

Exactly. If it's Tipp that's beating us, we have to accept that.

Problem is when teams like Wex/Galway are doing a serious number on you, red flags are going off everywhere.

I fully expect Clare to give us a 10+ point drubbing...no shame in that tho I suppose.
    so tipp can beat us, but galway cannot

Clare are 4/6 favs with PP. This indicates a 2/3 point handicap. It was 5/6 before the league semi. I think people have seen the lack of fight as a poor sign. Has Kiely lost the dressing room?

If Clare win by 7/8 points, to me that's that.

I agree Clare aren't the best out there.
    you still have not answered my question. what would you do with the present team

you still have not answered my question. what would you do with the present team

Looking forward to this :)

or more to the point a realist, not a looser

There's no place in the game for realists with no expectations.
    so tipp can beat us, but galway cannot

Not sure what you are talking about here, both those teams will destroy us

I'd either sack Kiely or at a minimum I'd bring in A Daly to help out. He has proven himself at this level.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭PhuckHugh

There's no place in the game for realists with no expectations.

Not sure what you are talking about here, both those teams will destroy us

I'd either sack Kiely or at a minimum I'd bring in A Daly to help out. He has proven himself at this level.

The players might be downing tools from what I hear... He doesn't know what he's at and players are not impressed with some of his antics.

• Advertisement

One Leinster Title and one League title in 9 years management, I thought you had higher standards that that Rightwing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement