Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*Limerick GAA news/discussion thread*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

danganabu wrote: »
    One Leinster Title and one League title in 9 years management, I thought you had higher standards that that Rightwing.

That's a fair point, but he is with Limerick minors already so nothing to be lost.
    Good man management skills. Also, we must remember he was Dublin, basically manufactured hurlers who have fallen on their arses since he left. He didn't do badly with a poor Clare team around 2001.

Granted he's not the best, but certainly nothing to be lost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

Rightwing wrote: »
    That's a fair point, but he is with Limerick minors already so nothing to be lost.
    Good man management skills. Also, we must remember he was Dublin, basically manufactured hurlers who have fallen on their arses since he left. He didn't do badly with a poor Clare team around 2001.

Granted he's not the best, but certainly nothing to be lost.

Now you're going to get Bonniedog all upset, I'm staying out of this one :D

danganabu wrote: »
    Now you're going to get Bonniedog all upset, I'm staying out of this one :D

What they don't know won't harm them. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭paddy no 11

31man panel named

Glad to see Hannon named number 1. Gillane is there which is pretty interesting

I'm not sure how effective jimbob or graham mul are at top level anymore. Quaid and Hennessey are they the best keepers available?

Would say/hope there's plenty of room for fellas to play themselves on/off the panel the next few weeks. Apparently playing cork this weekend surely Morrissey and gillane will start, and then 2 weeks of club matches

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭PhuckHugh

31man panel named

Glad to see Hannon named number 1. Gillane is there which is pretty interesting

I'm not sure how effective jimbob or graham mul are at top level anymore. Quaid and Hennessey are they the best keepers available?

Would say/hope there's plenty of room for fellas to play themselves on/off the panel the next few weeks. Apparently playing cork this weekend surely Morrissey and gillane will start, and then 2 weeks of club matches

Any update with Hannon?

• Advertisement

PhuckHugh wrote: »
    Any update with Hannon?

I know nothing on this situation

I know nothing on this situation

Well, would you go away and find out like a good man.

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭lim4ev

Limerick playing cork in a very attractive game this Sunday evening in old Christians grounds in rathbane Limerick city at 7pm for those of you that would like to go

Awful display.... Lot of very ordinary players... Management don't know what they want either.

Awful display.... Lot of very ordinary players... Management don't know what they want either.

Did cork wipe the floor with them ?

• Advertisement

Cork are even worse..

Limerick had a lot of second string out but again, there's no pattern to their play, puck -outs are shocking and we still have to lock down a number of positions.

Cork are even worse..

Limerick had a lot of second string out but again, there's no pattern to their play, puck -outs are shocking and we still have to lock down a number of positions.

I wouldn't write off cork just yet, but it's worrying if not surprising that we are headless. He needs to know his team by now.
    Charging €10 in was a bit much too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

They are not natural hurlers. Plain as nose on your face, might as well be UFC squad :)

Bonniedog wrote: »
    They are not natural hurlers. Plain as nose on your face, might as well be UFC squad :)

They are, but they need to become more physical, most teams bully them with intensity.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Twiceasnice97

considering only 3 of the team that started against Galway started against a Cork side with four or five of their championship defence minimum, and in effect only missing Horgan and Lehane in terms of serious options

from their team it is hardly a disastrous performance

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Only busting your balls!

Main deficit is lack of scoring forwards and a good free taker. But Tipp and Galway are well ahead of anyone else, including Cats, in physical terms at the moment.

Good to see Seamus was back the other day. Looked like it might have been a serious enough injury in semi final.

We wont concede like that in championship, backs will be fine

Major problems are puckouts, Midfield and getting movement into the forwards

We'll beat Clare/Cork/Dublin but will struggle against the big physical sides which isn't expected given we've a load of young fellas and some of the older one's aren't the biggest. Galway are simply massive in comparison

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭glasagusban

We wont concede like that in championship, backs will be fine

Major problems are puckouts, Midfield and getting movement into the forwards

We'll beat Clare/Cork/Dublin but will struggle against the big physical sides which isn't expected given we've a load of young fellas and some of the older one's aren't the biggest. Galway are simply massive in comparison

Galway are bigger than any other team. Puck outs are a major issue. Forwards are another issue, we have the makings of a decent front 6 if we get the mix right. I still think Dowling is far more effective inside at full forward, while Hegarty might come good at wing forward but should not be left in the inside line.

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭lim4ev

considering only 3 of the team that started against Galway started against a Cork side with four or five of their championship defence minimum, and in effect only missing Horgan and Lehane in terms of serious options

100 percent correct let's face it ''twas a typical challenge but when the limk team was announced then the cork one I said this will be a beating anyway but cork were poor having said that we had lads playing that are nowhere near the level required but when we have our first 15-19 we'll be competitive.cork by my reckoning were short 4 and will be disappointed with their nights work. On a side note ''twas a fair boisterous match with scraps everywhere

Here, TAN... When you dropping into TFK to say hello?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Twiceasnice97

Here, TAN... When you dropping into TFK to say hello?

I have a look at it from time to time when a notification pops up that someone has mentioned me
    It`s mildly amusing to see I am still under lads skin three years on from the last time I visited the Baltimore state hospital ye have going on over there. :)

The well adare match was spoiled by adare setting up with a sweeper

Even game, adare led most of the way but ran out of scores towards the end

Willie griffen was the best player on the pitch

Gillane was ok but wouldn't be throwing him in the deep end yet

Kilmallock had a handy win against ballybrown, 2 points up at half time but rattled in 3 goals within 5 minutes of the re start

Paudie scored 1-3 from half forward and doubt he'll be in the backs again

Oisin reilly is pretty lethal in front of goal another 2 from 2 shots tonight

Robbie hanley got 2 also, impressive from kilmallock who dominated physically, ballyb are a good side but lack size really

Won by 2 points tonight. Waterford played about 10 starters in first half, 5 in the second, orthodox hurling thank god. Down 4 at the half conceded a flukey goal back off the post hurled well but were a bit inaccurate in shooting and passing

Were done 6 in the second half but finished like a train to win by 2

Hennessey
    Conceded a terrible goal in the 2nd half, threw away any chance of a championship start puck outs very good but wont count now

English not at his best yet

Sean finn Tyro, athlete, hurler, marked gleeson and bennett and conceded f*ck all serious performance

Tom condon not bad at all, discipline improved

GOM Played well, cool head on him played good ball to forwards

Dan Morrissey held his own

Hickey Roasted shanahan in first half struggled with the brick a bit in the second but overall very good

Browne won lots of ball but made two terrible passes and his shooting not good enough will improve and will start

Pat Ryan absolutely lorded the 2nd half when barron went off should have tapped over a few scores maybe the two goals friday night got to him, very good

Gillane won plenty of ball but shooting was bad as it was against adare last week, be a real threat if he improves shooting

Cian lynch played great but the usual couple over carries and wides, won good ball at CF

Tom morrissey, struggled needs to be full forward

Colin ryan played well subbed at half time

Ronan lynch great frees but struggled past that

Nash off the pace cleaned out by fyves, got 2 points in the 2nd half when we were on top

Peter casey came on at HT and turned the match got 4 points, best hurler in the county imo

DO'D got 20 mins and played well scored 2, dempsey was ok also got 1

Dowling on at half great frees but not much else should be full or bench

Graham got 5 mins and scored was super for kilmallock friday I hear

Overall great effort from fellas who played friday and saturday and who were playing a fresh team in the 2nd half, hammered them in last 15 mins

Main concerns are Nickys puck outs parachute in McNamara?

Tighten up out accuracy in passing and shooting and we be a good side

Most of the ball hit into the forwards was good tonight,condon got told off for hitting one **** pass, big improvement

We are getting there add a goal threat and good puck outs and we'll be a decent side

While it was only a challenge, Clare destroyed Galway tonight by 13 points.

Hannon is out.

That's terrible for him and us. I'm convinced he was going to be stellar at centreback, no idea who they will go with now, personally like to see one of hegarty, hayes, ALTC come back to HB or in to the squad

That's terrible for him and us. I'm convinced he was going to be stellar at centreback, no idea who they will go with now, personally like to see one of hegarty, hayes, ALTC come back to HB or in to the squad

Byrnes has been back training a few days so hopefully he's ok to go - It will be Byrnes - O'Mahony - Hickey.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭slegs

Byrnes has been back training a few days so hopefully he's ok to go - It will be Byrnes - O'Mahony - Hickey.

O'Mahony is a very good replacement. No great worries there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭pajoguy

slegs wrote: »
    O'Mahony is a very good replacement. No great worries there

Tell byrnes not be going for glory and hickey to not go on solo runs and its a very decent half back line.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement