Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*Limerick GAA news/discussion thread*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Twiceasnice97

slegs wrote: »
    O'Mahony is a very good replacement. No great worries there

his legs are gone
    Limerick would be better off to pick a wild card like hegarty or someone there rather than o mahony in my view

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭dobbs2210

Limerick played Dublin in a senior hurling challenge last evening. Any idea how it faired out?

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭pajoguy

dobbs2210 wrote: »
    Limerick played Dublin in a senior hurling challenge last evening. Any idea how it faired out?

They won but no idea of score.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭PhuckHugh

dobbs2210 wrote: »

The lads on thefreekick said 1-25 to 1-20 to Limerick - No idea of teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Dcmb1984

Great game today in the Munster championship. Do any of ye see Limerick putting in performance of that intensity?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭glasagusban

his legs are gone
    Limerick would be better off to pick a wild card like hegarty or someone there rather than o mahony in my view

Since when? He's not old.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

Dcmb1984 wrote: »
    Great game today in the Munster championship. Do any of ye see Limerick putting in performance of that intensity?

Was it really a great game hurling wise though, yes it was exciting and there were some great scores and the result was in doubt up until the end but the defending was non-existent and any intensity was only from one side.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭paddy no 11

Wednesday before the big game and I've no idea where we stand.

Positives of winning a few challenge matches that we were losing in previous years.

Negatives our team is unsettled, injuries have robbed us of a dominant half back line and our most physical players. Also we're likely to start jimbob. Puck outs and scores be main concern outside of personnel.

Casey is a serious player but I would bring him on for 20 only, we shouldn't be relying on this fella to compete, he can give us the edge if we're good enough in the end. Looking forward to seeing Cian Lynch in full flow think he could have a great game.

My team
    Quaid
    Finn
    Richie
    Casey
    GOM
    Hannon(?)
    Hickey
    Browne
    Pat Ryan
    Gillane
    Lynch
    Nash
    Colin Ryan
    Dowling
    Mulcahy

DO'D, English, Morrissey's x2 all to come on. No problems with a 3rd midfielder either to crowd midfield and Clare trying to isolate a CB with Kelly and Podge moving all round. Correctly set up I think our backs can win this for us, just get puck outs right

• Registered Users Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭slegs

Quietest ever build up to a Munster Semi Final that Limerick have been involved in.

Keep reading all week about Clare and how they are going so well

We will be doing well to keep it picked out to them by the looks of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭glasagusban

Wednesday before the big game and I've no idea where we stand.

Positives of winning a few challenge matches that we were losing in previous years.

Negatives our team is unsettled, injuries have robbed us of a dominant half back line and our most physical players. Also we're likely to start jimbob. Puck outs and scores be main concern outside of personnel.

Casey is a serious player but I would bring him on for 20 only, we shouldn't be relying on this fella to compete, he can give us the edge if we're good enough in the end. Looking forward to seeing Cian Lynch in full flow think he could have a great game.

My team
    Quaid
    Finn
    Richie
    Casey
    GOM
    Hannon(?)
    Hickey
    Browne
    Pat Ryan
    Gillane
    Lynch
    Nash
    Colin Ryan
    Dowling
    Mulcahy

DO'D, English, Morrissey's x2 all to come on. No problems with a 3rd midfielder either to crowd midfield and Clare trying to isolate a CB with Kelly and Podge moving all round. Correctly set up I think our backs can win this for us, just get puck outs right

Word elsewhere is that Dan Morrissey will start in place of Byrnes, Hannon will start, Gavin on the bench. Seems you have the same full back line that is being suggested elsewhere. James Ryan and Browne midfield.

Dowling will be on the wing as he was all year (i would have him at full forward myself), looks like Cian Lynch centre forward and Dempsey replacing Hegarty on the wing. Hayes full forward as he has been all year. Two of Mulcahy, Nash and Casey for the corners then. I would be shocked if Nash didn't start but some people suggest he won't. Personally I would start Casey no matter who is available, he is in incredible form and he is ready for this level.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Niallers87

Word elsewhere is that Dan Morrissey will start in place of Byrnes, Hannon will start, Gavin on the bench. Seems you have the same full back line that is being suggested elsewhere. James Ryan and Browne midfield.

Dowling will be on the wing as he was all year (i would have him at full forward myself), looks like Cian Lynch centre forward and Dempsey replacing Hegarty on the wing. Hayes full forward as he has been all year. Two of Mulcahy, Nash and Casey for the corners then. I would be shocked if Nash didn't start but some people suggest he won't. Personally I would start Casey no matter who is available, he is in incredible form and he is ready for this level.

Any word on how training has been going since the league?

I just want to spare casey he is a star no doubt, dont want him to get too much of it

We will be short of pace with morrissey and Jimbob

Dowling should be full we're agreed

I think we're a bit short, lack pace and collins, kelly should clean us out unless we crowd the middle which looks like we wont be set up for, casey causing havoc and opening space for others is our only chance of getting scores really, Lynch will be good too i'm sure

Clare with reidy too, they just have too much pace I think. Put morrissey on Conlon and let Hickey clean up the other side. Full back line will be solid, Finn, Lynch, Casey will star for us. With Hannon having a month off too we're just a bit off.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

Team :

18891868_1989487144607813_2315839534360176077_o_zpseddeij2d.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

Quietest ever build up to a Munster Semi Final that Limerick have been involved in.

No it's just a quiet build up as neither team is really expected to challenge in Munster.

Well whoever wins is in the final and Tipp won't be there. Not sure what challenging means if it doesn't cover being 1 of a 2 horse race without the favourite. Cork were supposed to be the weakest of the 5 teams. In my view all 4 teams left are capable of winning it. Limerick were rubbish against Galway but we have been here before where they produce something very different on championship day. It's hope rather than expectation but would it be that big of a shock if we won?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

No I'd say 55/45 at this stage to Clare but this fixture certainly is hard to call and either team winning is imaginable. Still Clare should be slightly better if they click. If they are below par Limerick can win no doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭rubbledoubledo

The interest is not there any more.
    In my time growing up, a Munster semi final we be talking about it for weeks
    ahead. People have just got it into their heads that Limerick hurling is going nowhere.
    Just my view

• Registered Users Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭Spudmonkey

This team are a complete and utter washout. Halfbacks taking long range shots and driving them wide and a set of forwards that can't win a ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Spudmonkey wrote:
    This team are a complete and utter washout. Halfbacks taking long range shots and driving them wide and a set of forwards that can't win a ball.

They must have heard you... Some turnaround in the last few minutes.

• Advertisement

A2LUE42 wrote: »
    They must have heard you... Some turnaround in the last few minutes.

And then fallen asleep again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Spudmonkey wrote:
    And then fallen asleep again

True..

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭dubcat51

Give up the tippy tappy hurling and play like traditional limerick teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Vinnie222

dubcat51 wrote: »
    Give up the tippy tappy hurling and play like traditional limerick teams.

Unfortunately they don't have the players

Clare are poor or were certainly poor today but Christ at least they know how to run into space. How many times did Richie Mc run into traffic. Hickey is another serial offender. No idea about how to create space for themselves.

It's frustrating to watch and was something I was impressed about with the U21's a few years back but the senior lads haven't a notion how to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭Browney7

Same failings as always - forwards that can't win their own ball. Stupid goals conceded too. Game very flat

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

The one thing is there was no shortage of heart, but that doesn't make up for lack of big-game experience or overall ability. Thought Clare were average enough also, still not maximising the individual quality at their disposal.

poor show

4 senior players shouldn't start again, and eoghan mac needs to be brought into the panel

Hannon was class, we can build from here I hope

poor show

4 senior players shouldn't start again, and eoghan mac needs to be brought into the panel

Hannon was class, we can build from here I hope

There were positives like Hannon above. He is a natural centre back and we need to persist.

I was very frustrated with Kyle Hayes in first 15 minutes. He got about 6 ideal full forward balls delivered and didnt touch any of them. But from the point where he went out on the wing he came to life and was Limerick's best player for rest of match.

Finn was brilliant in corner. A great debut.

I wouldnt be too harsh on Nash in the other corner. O'Donnell is lethal with ball in hand. He will terrorise most back lines.

I thought overall the backs did OK considering the quality of Clare forwards.

Midfield we did quite well for most of game. Browne and Jim Bob did their usual hard work in tight quarters.

Up front was business as usual. Failing to dominate in any of the positions with exception of Hayes.

Graeme Mulcahy must surely be dropped. He has had so many games for Limerick now where he hasnt delivered.

Dowling and David Dempsey were OK. Lynch very poor for most of game. Peter Casey was mostly ineffective except for a very good point.

I thought Barry Nash looked very threatening when he came on and surely deserves to start next day.

Pat Ryan definitely has quality to offer too but maybe we need to keep with Browne and Jim Bob for stability and bring him on as a sub.

Clare were much better than us and should have won by a lot more considering all frees missed near end and penalty.

• Advertisement

There were positives like Hannon above. He is a natural centre back and we need to persist.

I was very frustrated with Kyle Hayes in first 15 minutes. He got about 6 ideal full forward balls delivered and didnt touch any of them. But from the point where he went out on the wing he came to life and was Limerick's best player for rest of match.

Finn was brilliant in corner. A great debut.

I wouldnt be too harsh on Nash in the other corner. O'Donnell is lethal with ball in hand. He will terrorise most back lines.

I thought overall the backs did OK considering the quality of Clare forwards.

Midfield we did quite well for most of game. Browne and Jim Bob did their usual hard work in tight quarters.

Up front was business as usual. Failing to dominate in any of the positions with exception of Hayes.

Graeme Mulcahy must surely be dropped. He has had so many games for Limerick now where he hasnt delivered.

Dowling and David Dempsey were OK. Lynch very poor for most of game. Peter Casey was mostly ineffective except for a very good point.

I thought Barry Nash looked very threatening when he came on and surely deserves to start next day.

Pat Ryan definitely has quality to offer too but maybe we need to keep with Browne and Jim Bob for stability and bring him on as a sub.

Clare were much better than us and should have won by a lot more considering all frees missed near end and penalty.

Agree with that bar midfield, really need to change up here, and we need fellas who can score like at pat ryan/dempsey/DOD

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement