Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*Limerick GAA news/discussion thread*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

Its fireball who writes the reports you muppet

Good job it's not you. You can hardly spell your name you complete idiot.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭jjjd

Donal O'Grady's absence was really felt last night. Limerick looked rudderless without his leadership.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

No personal abuse please.

jjjd wrote: »
    Donal O'Grady's absence was really felt last night. Limerick looked rudderless without his leadership.

I agree, I'd like to see Allen & his team sacked.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

God lads, I'm feeling the pain of the loss as much as anyone but calm down a bit, we should be abusing Dublin & Tipp people, not each other :P

glas- well that was just my initial impression, no way I'm watching that back either, I'm not a masochist. I was actually impressed with the way we dropped deep in the early stages, we were sweeping up absolutely everything and Downes and Mulcahy were exploiting the space well. But after that, I don't know what happened....the half-forward line just didn't seem to be anywhere, bar Allis who did run himself into the ground (although some of his shooting was dreadful).

We definitely win a strong ball-winner in the half-forward line, someone who can create things too. I've seen some people suggest DOG...maybe it's a possibility if the half-back line is good enough.

I still think we do have some very talented players, and that we could beat Tipp. It won't be easy, obviously, and there's a lot of work needed but our whole season is not a write-off yet.

• Advertisement

Fireball07 wrote: »
    God lads, I'm feeling the pain of the loss as much as anyone but calm down a bit, we should be abusing Dublin & Tipp people, not each other :P

glas- well that was just my initial impression, no way I'm watching that back either, I'm not a masochist. I was actually impressed with the way we dropped deep in the early stages, we were sweeping up absolutely everything and Downes and Mulcahy were exploiting the space well. But after that, I don't know what happened....the half-forward line just didn't seem to be anywhere, bar Allis who did run himself into the ground (although some of his shooting was dreadful).

We definitely win a strong ball-winner in the half-forward line, someone who can create things too. I've seen some people suggest DOG...maybe it's a possibility if the half-back line is good enough.

I still think we do have some very talented players, and that we could beat Tipp. It won't be easy, obviously, and there's a lot of work needed but our whole season is not a write-off yet.

i agree. If we took our goal chances we'd have won that easily.

I have to be honest though and say Dublin were a poor team. Maybe they just had a bad day, but that was def 1 that got away. I think our season is more or less over now.

I've no interest in football, but good luck to you lads that do, and hope they do something as well in the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

From an outsiders pov, I think Limerick have a very similar problem to a lot of counties, an inability to win your own puck outs. This isn't the easiest problem to rectify.
    Donal O Grady imo would be an interesting experimentat centre forward, if your half back line can manage without his services. He's a very strong runner with the ball, an asset that if utilised correctly can cause havoc for an opposition defence.

Every county would love to have a Bonnal Maher to win and provide ball to forwards like Hannon.

regarding Downes, while he got on a lot of ball, I thought he didn't do too much damage with it, partly because he got possession out near the sideline on a few occasions. If ye had got more ball into Mulcahy that might have been enough to sneak over the line but the supply into them completely dried up.

Rightwing wrote: »
    i agree. If we took our goal chances we'd have won that easily.

I have to be honest though and say Dublin were a poor team. Maybe they just had a bad day, but that was def 1 that got away. I think our season is more or less over now.

I've no interest in football, but good luck to you lads that do, and hope they do something as well in the summer.

Dublin were poor enough on the night, but crucially they brought in subs that made an impact. Limericks 15 may have been stronger but Dublins 20 was.

Hidalgo wrote: »
    Dublin were poor enough on the night, but crucially they brought in subs that made an impact. Limericks 15 may have been stronger but Dublins 20 was.

I'm not sure about that.

Allen was like a dummy on the touchline, should have been acting quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭paddy no 11

I'm still in despair after that.

I don't think dublin are a good side, we should have won handy. But when graham uncharacteristically missed the goal chance and two minutes later a dradful decision against breen for travelling gave dublin their first score from a free. Instead of 6 up it was 2 and it all went south from there. Doubts came in.

We compounded the on field errors by some selection errors. (Already covered so wont go through again)

The championship is a write off, and with no good hurling in sight our players wont get exposed to top level and the vicious cycle continues.

For what its worth, im not against DOG at CF. Breen who is as honest as the day is long has to move to the bench for the championship. He's too easily dispossed and doesnt score enough. The midfield has to be any combination of DOG, Hickey, POB, Jimbob with browne making way.

Begley, O'Brien and robbie egan should all have been tried in the league at some point.

Not sure the management have what it takes in terms of selection.

Hopefully my prospecctive improves before the tipp game.

• Advertisement

I'm still in despair after that.

I don't think dublin are a good side, we should have won handy. But when graham uncharacteristically missed the goal chance and two minutes later a dradful decision against breen for travelling gave dublin their first score from a free. Instead of 6 up it was 2 and it all went south from there. Doubts came in.

We compounded the on field errors by some selection errors. (Already covered so wont go through again)

The championship is a write off, and with no good hurling in sight our players wont get exposed to top level and the vicious cycle continues.

Why is the championship a write off? Limerick lost the same div final by the same margin last year yet made an All Irl Q final.

imo they don't have enough to beat Tipp but in the backdoor there's very little between the rest after KK and Tipp. Anyone else has a very good cahnce against each other imo

Why is the championship a write off? Limerick lost the same div final by the same margin last year yet made an All Irl Q final.

imo they don't have enough to beat Tipp but in the backdoor there's very little between the rest after KK and Tipp. Anyone else has a very good cahnce against each other imo

Hurling is very weak, there really are only 6/7 teams. so making a q-f isn't much. First serious team we meet, it's over. Simple as that.

Rightwing wrote: »

I do think that Dublin were fairly poor on the day, I mean they did what they had to...but we lost it.

But I disagree about our season being over. I think we can bounce back...and we are not that far off Division 1 teams, we were a better team than Clare last year when it mattered, they haven't suddenly developed into a class team. And I reckon we're on about the same level as Cork or Waterford too, there wouldn't be more than a score between us if we were to play them imo.
    From an outsiders pov, I think Limerick have a very similar problem to a lot of counties, an inability to win your own puck outs. This isn't the easiest problem to rectify.
    Donal O Grady imo would be an interesting experimentat centre forward, if your half back line can manage without his services. He's a very strong runner with the ball, an asset that if utilised correctly can cause havoc for an opposition defence.

I saw a stat that said we actually won a good amount of puckouts... it was more with the ball immediately after that was the problem.

Although, usually we do get cleaned out and against better teams it will be an issue. My main issue with Dowling is whether he is capable of scrapping it out with top half-backs...because he's very skilful, he strikes the ball beautifully, one of the most precise strikers of the ball we've had since Gary Kirby. He reminds me of Kirby a lot actually.
    regarding Downes, while he got on a lot of ball, I thought he didn't do too much damage with it, partly because he got possession out near the sideline on a few occasions. If ye had got more ball into Mulcahy that might have been enough to sneak over the line but the supply into them completely dried up.

Downes and Mulcahy did win the bulk of our frees. I do wish Downes would stop taking speculative shots from out the field though, it's an awful waste. Because he is a very very talented hurler, and he is one player who can win a the ball in the air, on the ground, and has the pace and skill to beat players.

Disagree strongly. As I said above, we are definitely capable of upping our performance for the Championship. Work is needed, but it's possible. I hate being stuck down in Division 2...but it's not as much of a hindrance as some make out. Last year, we were really unlucky to lose to Tipp and that was without Hannon. I reckon we have a more settled team now, with Hannon, Hickey, O'Brien and Downes all involved. Tipp are also improved...but we gave them as much of a game as Cork or Waterford did.
    For what its worth, im not against DOG at CF. Breen who is as honest as the day is long has to move to the bench for the championship. He's too easily dispossed and doesnt score enough. The midfield has to be any combination of DOG, Hickey, POB, Jimbob with browne making way.

Wouldn't mind Allis in midfield either. And I still don't think Browne was as bad as people make out...but mightn't be as good as some of the others mentioned.
    Begley, O'Brien and robbie egan should all have been tried in the league at some point.

Not sure the management have what it takes in terms of selection.

I also would have liked to see some of them play, particularly Robbie Egan.... also would have liked to see more of Adrian Breen, or Downes at centre-forward or someone else at centre-back for a game or 2.

But if Allen goes, who do you replace him with next year?? (he's not going to be sacked before the Championship, let's be realistic)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭paddy no 11

I dont want him sacked at all. Last thing we need tbh. He just needs to wise up to a few selection issues and we could be alright.

I think not being in Div 1 is a huge hindrance. In the last 6 or 7 minutes of the game the other night we had possession of the ball on the 21 3 times and couldnt work a score. This when it mattered against an average side. When we actually meet a good side the problem will be magnified.

No objection to Allis at midfield either.

We got close to tipp last year but realistically they had a bad year. Agree were not far off cork, clare, wat, but there 3 are out of our reach.

Anyway, its a long wait to the tipp match. The team sheet will be interesting. We'll know all we need to know about the management when its named.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭shockframe

That was probably the worse league defeat I can ever remember.I've reacted better to championship defeats than i did after saturday night.Texting my friends after and some of them just did not want to discuss the game at all.I was absolutely raging for about 10/15 minutes after.Thankfully I had to attend another event straight after that lifted the gloom a bit.

If you ever wanted a game to realize just how utterly painful it is to be a Limerick hurling fan this would be exhibit c or d with Offaly 1994 A and Tipp in 2009 as B.

As much as you would like to think Limerick have turned a corner there is always a smack in the face not too far away.Its not just the players or the management I would be annoyed with- what annoys me more than anything is we just cant get it right and nearly always come out of the wrong side of these games.

We had much more hurling than Dublin did and there were times where we played very quick (a 1 second pass-to strike from some players) and reaction times were good from the likes of wayne mac and mulcahy.We could have had several goals but we met an inspired Alan Nolan on the night.The performance of Paudie O'Brien was the highlight of the night for me and tom condon did well at corner back.Also its good to see kevin downes back even if he could play better.

We have decent forwards but we have to play as a team not as glory hunters.Downes and Hickey are culprits here and Allis isnt far behind.Look at Tipp when they won in 2010 - the support play between noel mcgrath,corbett and the likes made a huge contribution to their success that year and kilkenny have also perfected this with shefflin,brennan or reid sacrificing a score themelves for the good of the team.It was also a feature of clares under 21 succes in 2012.

Allis had a nightmare though and should not have been on the frees.Hes still only finding his feet at this level and back from injury.as glas agus ban said why wasnt hannon instructed to take them.Hes potentially our best free taking forward since gary kirby and has been scoring them more often than not over the years.Shane Dowling doesnt look convincing either for someone who has promised so much.I know he played a lot from Janaury 2011 to March 2012 but he has had a break (or reduced schedule) since august last year so to eee him lacking in fitness cannot be excused. a great prospect but he could go the way of other great white hopes if hes not careful.

We struggled in central positions.Hickey is not a centre forward.far too loose and while midfield are great grafters are not the quickest of players in terms of striking and play.cant have everything I spose.

It was similar to last years final in that we looked like winner in the 3rd quarter only to be caught at the death.In many ways it was a championhip match setting with both sides upping the physical stakes and giving players so little time on the ball.This more than anything if what makes dublins win all the better.not as good in some areas than limerick but willing to fight tooth and nail to get the result.You have to admire them for it.

I am bitterly disappointed obviously but we have to soldier on.There is still a good squad there and we should have dodge back soon hopefully.If I was to choose between the Pad-Joe era, Mckennas, and that imposter from Passage West and now I know which I would prefer.Losing now keeps things very much on the ground.the hype limerick can often indulge in is kept at arms length for now.

Its very hard to take but we need to move on and put it down to experience.this was a 50/50 game so its not as if defeat was out of the question.As someone who is a lifelong Limerick fan the next few weeks are some of the most vital for the future of limerick hurling.I hope we can salvage something.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

Great win in Cusack Park. Division 3 will be a welcome relief after too long spent down in the bottom tier. We're definitely good enough to compete at that level.

Its tough to be motivated by the football though, the memory of that embarassment in the q-final 2 years ago is still fresh, we've waited 120 years for a munster title and it could be as long again...

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭glasagusban

Early this season I thought we had realistic hopes of beating Tipp but I was absolutely sick after that Dublin loss, with more than likely a first round defeat followed by one or two qualifier games before bowing out like last year, and then 1B hurling to follow again... Depressing. Hopes of beating Tipp are greatly diminished now but we still have a shot I think. Tipp this year will be a far better team than the one we played last year. But add in O'Brien, Hannon, Moran, and maybe one or two others to the team that started last year and we should also have improved.

Dublin exposed a lot of problems with the team that will need to be ironed out. We have players to come in yet though that can make a difference -if they are on form. It's a big if at the moment and the form of some players that we need to having big games for us is a worry. I cannot see us winning if the likes of Moran and Dowling are not performing to their peak come championship. Gavin O'Mahony is another that needs to improve but I'm confident he will. The biggest problem exposed by Dublin was poor game management by our sideline. If they had been more proactive with switches and substitutions I think we would have won. Our forwards link up play has to improve an awful lot too. The team that lost to Dublin needs major surgery for the the Tipp game. Right now, here's what I'd pick for Tipp.

Quaid.
    Still our number one though Murphy has better puck outs and has to be pushing for a spot. Maybe in a year or two we'll see Murphy in goals and Quaid outfield.

Dempsey McCarthy Condon.
    Risky putting Dempsey in v Tipp but there is no easy step up and he has handled every test well so far. He has a bit more physicality than Carmody and is more assured on the ball than Walsh, who are two other good options. Richie and Condon are linchpins. That's a good full back line.

Wayne Mc Donal O'Grady Gavin O'Mahony
    Still not a dominating half back line but the best we have. McNamara did well at 6 in the first half v Dublin but was exposed in the second. I'd still have him in my team every time for the impact his physicality makes, but on the wing. O'Grady and O'Mahony are our best options for 6 and 7 respectively and hopefully are on top form.

O'Brien Hickey
    O'Brien has to start and should switch to midfield when O'Grady returns. Hickey I think can use his running and express himself a bit more from midfield, I think he can have more impact there. He has looked best this season when running from deep, like a midfielder. He has a great engine to get up and down the pitch and I think would be good to help out around the backs. It looks like we're going to see Hickey persisted with at 11 though.

Breen Hannon Dowling
    This is wishful thinking a bit. Allis is probably a better player than Breen but Breen is strong and awkward and Padraic Maher hardly pucked a ball for most of the game marking Breen last year, Maher would dominate most of our half forwards. I think Breen had a good game in the first half v Dublin (he should have been at 11 for that game) before a nightmare in the second but he can be a very effective player. He maybe should be encouraged to run with the ball a bit more which is his more natural game but he's there to work his legs off and disrupt their half back line for 50 mins or so at which point Allis can come in and make an impact. Hannon has to be in the half forward line. Dowling if he can find form should be back in on the wing where he was great last year. He is as good if not a more consistent free taker than Hannon IMO but also has a phenomenal ability to stick 20 metre frees in the back of the net.

Mulcahy Moran Downes
    Mulcahy and Downes are now easy picks. Downes is looking dangerous but his shooting from all angles v Dublin was very frustrating, I'm sure it will be sorted out by summer. If Moran can strike the form he did last year he is in at 14. We badly need him there as there is a lack of leadership in the forwards.

I'm bearing in mind here that we lost last year v Tipp as we didn't have subs to some on that could compete with what Tipp brought in and we will need fresh legs to stay with them. Realistically we still don't have subs anywhere near as strong as Tipps but we do have some good players that can come in and make an impact. Walsh and Carmody for the full back line; Tom Ryan for wing back with the option of moving O'Brien back; James Ryan and Browne for midfield and both should be used, Ryan at around 50 mins and Browne for the last 5 or 10, midfield is the one line on the pitch where we just might be stronger than Tipp; Allis to come in at wing forward can make an impact; Tobin to come in corner forward can also make an impact when the game has loosened up, probably with Moran or Dowling coming off and Downes or Dowling switching in to full forward...

That's about the best team we can put out I think with some major if's over certain players performing at their best. If they are than I think we have a group of about 20 players that can go toe to toe on match day with most other teams, and maybe with a bit of luck are capable of beating most teams around. Probably my biggest concern is the management getting their starting selection and their game management and subsitutions correct on the day.

I'm still gutted over that match, but I must admit Munster winning took some of the pain off.

What does LK hurling need to do?

We've really done nothing since the Tom Ryan era (I know we had a good run in '07, but we've won nothing, hardly a munster championship match).

A bit annoyed with the hurlers result in my earlier post but to balance things out well done to the footballers yesterday on an excellent win.Was at 2 of the games and whilst they rode their luck during most of their games are well worth their place in division 3.

With the hurling defeat being taken badly at least the footballers rose above that against a tricky banana skin in clare.I had a horrible feeling yesterday morning we would come a cropper and would have stories of the 'rogue' micko.Delighted to see John Galvin get a few minutes at the end.immense character after such dreadful injuries.

Its crucial for football in limerick that we keep making a go of things.our panel is not getting any younger with 5 backs yesterday 29 or older.we havent got a massive pick and with a period of transition ahead without underage success.

Limerick hurling could look at the exploits of the senior footballers to improve.the footballers are a decent side but had 5 years or so of near misses in qualifiers before they got it right against bigger sides.Definitely something for the hurlers to pick up on.

Looking forward to the final in croke park.Its on the same day as munster rugbys next game but so what.People may say its a shame its up against that but how many of those that point out the clash would bother with football anyway.just a stick to beat gaa with.the hardcore of limericks support dont get many days out in croke park and are unlikely to pass up a chance to go to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

Not much anybody can do about the clash of the Div.4 final with the rugby 1/4 finals. these dates were set many months ago by both organisations. its just hard luck really. Still, the diehards will be in Croker shouting on this mighty bunch who always seem to battle against the odds without complaint. i have nothing but admiration for them. Some of the most honest sportsmen you could ever meet are on that panel. i have no doubt if they played in either Leinster or Connacht over the last decade they would have a handful of provincial medals each.

• Advertisement

We got close to tipp last year but realistically they had a bad year. Agree were not far off cork, clare, wat, but there 3 are out of our reach.

I reckon we could beat Galway with a bit of luck too...they're not that great.
    shockframe wrote: »
    That was probably the worse league defeat I can ever remember.I've reacted better to championship defeats than i did after saturday night.Texting my friends after and some of them just did not want to discuss the game at all.I was absolutely raging for about 10/15 minutes after.Thankfully I had to attend another event straight after that lifted the gloom a bit.

If you ever wanted a game to realize just how utterly painful it is to be a Limerick hurling fan this would be exhibit c or d with Offaly 1994 A and Tipp in 2009 as B.

It was pretty awful....although it didn't hurt me as much as the quarter-final loss to Wexford in 2001 did. :(
    We have decent forwards but we have to play as a team not as glory
    Allis had a nightmare though and should not have been on the frees.Hes still only finding his feet at this level and back from injury.as glas agus ban said why wasnt hannon instructed to take them.Hes potentially our best free taking forward since gary kirby and has been scoring them more often than not over the years.Shane Dowling doesnt look convincing either for someone who has promised so much.I know he played a lot from Janaury 2011 to March 2012 but he has had a break (or reduced schedule) since august last year so to eee him lacking in fitness cannot be excused. a great prospect but he could go the way of other great white hopes if hes not careful.

I reckon Dowling is a better free-taker than Hannon tbqh, although they're both very good. Dowling is slightly more consistent. But in every other aspect, Hannon is superior... I think Dowling was slightly overrated, he's a very very good prospect but not quite as talented as Hannon. But Dowling does tend to rack up big scores.

Its tough to be motivated by the football though, the memory of that embarassment in the q-final 2 years ago is still fresh, we've waited 120 years for a munster title and it could be as long again...

Well it's all about context. The footballer's losses in recent years have been more heartbreaking than the hurlers, they have some so so close to a Munster title. But if we continue to punch above our weight, I'll be happy. Realistically, we're not going to win an All-Ireland but we can still try and take scalps of bigger teams and go as far as we can.
    Quaid

Fair enough.
    Dempsey McCarthy Condon.

Also agree with this, Walsh was poor, Dempsey is a talented player.
    Wayne Mc Donal O'Grady Gavin O'Mahony

Could be tempted to put O'Brien or Hickey at wing-back. Not sure.
    O'Brien Hickey

This would be an excellent midfield. But I'd consider playing Allis here, with one of them playing half-back.
    Breen Hannon Dowling

I like Breen but he's very inconsistent. He can have a brilliant game but other times he's anonymous. Hannon obviously has to start there, Dowling might...but it depends on who else is there. I'd consider putting DOG at centre-forward as a test....but maybe Allis either. It's the problem area. Maybe even move Moran back, at least he's able to catch a ball.
    Mulcahy Moran Downes

Mulcahy and Downes are certainties. Other place is a toss-up...Moran, Breen, Dowling, Adrian Breen, Tobin....depending on other selections. I dunno...we need someone who can score regularly, but we need anyone who can win the ball at half-forward. We could end up seeing Downes on the wing too.

Its crucial for football in limerick that we keep making a go of things.our panel is not getting any younger with 5 backs yesterday 29 or older.we havent got a massive pick and with a period of transition ahead without underage success.

Is that true? What age are Ranahan and McCarthy? And Lane? That seems quite old.

Is that true? What age are Ranahan and McCarthy? And Lane? That seems quite old.

Meant to say all bar one of the team are 30 or over.

Of the Starting backs on sundays game with ages in bold.

Lane (30) Mccarthy (29) Razor (33)
    Lavin (33) Browne (30) Ranahan (30)

Meant to say all bar one of the team are 30 or over.

Of the Starting backs on sundays game with ages in bold.

Lane (30) Mccarthy (29) Razor (33)
    Lavin (33) Browne (30) Ranahan (30)

The whole team? That surely isn't right.....

They're all older than I thought.

The whole team? That surely isn't right.....

They're all older than I thought.

Another mistake of mine.meant the backs.

Another mistake of mine.meant the backs.

Ah cool....

I thought Ranahan was about 27 and McCarthy about the same. We do need a couple of backs coming through, there's obviously Riordan, O'Meara, Quaid. But McCarthy would be a massive loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭cat in the sack

washman3 wrote: »
    Not much anybody can do about the clash of the Div.4 final with the rugby 1/4 finals. these dates were set many months ago by both organisations. its just hard luck really. Still, the diehards will be in Croker shouting on this mighty bunch who always seem to battle against the odds without complaint. i have nothing but admiration for them. Some of the most honest sportsmen you could ever meet are on that panel. i have no doubt if they played in either Leinster or Connacht over the last decade they would have a handful of provincial medals each.

what ever about winning Connacht, do you really think that Limerick
    would have beaten Dublin or Meath, in a leinster final i think not.

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭glasagusban

what ever about winning Connacht, do you really think that Limerick
    would have beaten Dublin or Meath, in a leinster final i think not.

Back in the middle to late 2000's when we were robbed or just pipped in Munster finals by Cork and Kerry after outplaying them for most of the games on a few occasions while Dublin were racking up Leinster titles before getting hammerings all the way home in the All Ireland series, yeah I think Limerick would have stuffed Dublin on a couple of occasions.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

do you really think that Limerick
    would have beaten Meath in a leinster final, i think not.

I seem to recall a demolition job on Meath not so long ago :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Im sure Limerick would have won a Leinster title, but to say they would have won multiple titles and stuffed Dublin is fancifull at best. Wexford and Kildare havent won a single Leinster title in the said timeframe, yet we are to believe Limerick would have won multiple titles??

• Advertisement

Im sure Limerick would have won a Leinster title, but to say they would have won multiple titles and stuffed Dublin is fancifull at best. Wexford and Kildare havent won a single Leinster title in the said timeframe, yet we are to believe Limerick would have won multiple titles??

It's fairly hypothetical...you don't know how things would have panned out, but Limerick would have fancied their chances against the likes of Dublin/Kildare/Meath in some of the years.

Should have beaten Kerry in 2004, they won the All-Ireland, should have beaten Cork in 2009, they won the All-Ireland. They are the two ones that hurt the most.

As for "stuffing Dublin" and winning multiple titles, I don't know.....but I think we might have won 1. We really should have at least 2 Munsters tbh. It's quite sickening :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement