Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*Limerick GAA news/discussion thread*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Lads, I am nervous.

Stomach not right at all. Hope we can do it..... we better do it.

HON LIMERICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Gutted I won't be at this, Blame the Leaving Cert!

C'mon Limerick!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

There's no logical reason we can do it... maybe the tipp lads will get heatstroke first :D ...hope springs eternal :P

• Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Is the game not on tv at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

keane2097 wrote: »
    Is the game not on tv at all?

TV3 have an Internet stream on your TV there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Neeson wrote: »

Ah cheers, was thrown by Sunday Game finishing up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Neeson wrote: »

Certainly looks that way. Cameras are awful. Also, showing us a replay of Brian Gavin pouring water on his back when the play is going on is scandalous.

Think Limerick should be winning by a lot more. Serious lack of sharpness in the Tipp team. Both teams are guilty of spurning goal scoring opportunities. Was a promising start, hopefully the hurling done in the first half will see more finesse about the play of both teams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭jordainius

F**kin delighted :D!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

40 years of hurt. Our year :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

Munster title is ours to lose now :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

This is our year!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

Well done Limerick! Limerick Kilkenny All Ireland hopefully!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,026 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Munster title is ours to lose now :D

I think Cork would start as favouites if they got there, limerick would be favourites over Clare, they are a strong team that would bully a clare side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭jordainius

I think a final v Cork would be at the Gaelic Grounds, we have a home/away arrangement with them and we played them in Cork last time. If its Clare it will only be in Thurles I'd imagine.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Wahey! Come on, Limerick!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Congrats to yer lads today on a sweet win.

Great to see ye back in the fold !

Hope ye take the Munster crown this year and our lot retain Leinster !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

niallo27 wrote: »
    I think Cork would start as favouites if they got there, limerick would be favourites over Clare, they are a strong team that would bully a clare side.

Not bookies favourites. Clare team is physically strong too.

Well done Limerick, great win. Good performance, though there is still a surprising amount to work on considering ye just beat one of the best teams in the Country. No bad thing I suppose.

Ye're gameplan worked, kept Tipp to an astonishingly low score. Was a very good contest, without being a great game. Subs made a difference on both sides. Bubbles looked as if he'd turned the tide, but Limerick waited and then sprung their lads off the bench and Dowling's scores and that beaut from Moran set ye on the way.

Richie McCarthy was named man of the match, in a game without many standout performers I would have given it to Donal O Grady. 0-3 points from play, 2 inspirational points from midfield, won a free there just after the double goal chance had been spurned (think it was the sitter Hannon missed, who for the record had an even worse game than he did for the 21s. A serious win when you consider that he is often considered yer best or second best forward!). It was a real captains performance, and telling that Brendan Maher was unusually quiet and Shane McGrath had no real influence on the game.

John O Brien's performance on Paudie O Brien will be a concern for the next day. All in all, fairplay, hope ye win the final.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭paddy no 11

How fecking good was that pitch invasion lads

wooooooooooooohooooooooooooooooo

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭jj1

How fecking good was that pitch invasion lads

wooooooooooooohooooooooooooooooo

Down with that sort of thing!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wish I was there for it. Roll on the Munster Final & going one better than 2001 & 2007.

Don't think any players left from 2001. Maybe Moran or O'Grady were on the panel?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭shawnee

Team did everything that was required. Learned a lot from last year , 70 minutes in the heat requires more than 15 players. Super result and badly needed , :P

• Advertisement

Delighted with that

We won ergo the tactics worked, we should have made changes earlier and not have let tipp back in. We did and some serious leadership from richie, condon,DOG and Moran aligned with a massive showing from Dowling got us home. The introduction of Dowling had an in stantaneous effect on the team, like the rest of the team knew, here's the fcuker who's going to win us the match and he duly obliged.

Hats off the management and players, they came with a gameplan and executed there's still a lot to work on but great stuff today.

Thought Jimbob played great along with those already mentioned.

Browne had me pulling my hair out when he got blocked down with his first touch and gave tipp their first score but that was more or less his last bad touch, played well after that

Breen scored a great point and tied up Maher to an extent.

Note going to write anything negative after that.

Oh, wayne mac played well but the please.......stop with those f'ing solo runs to nowhere, cant believe the management havent pulled him up on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Well we did it, they gave everything, Allen's plan worked.

Well done to all of them. So so happy at the moment, great day. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Fireball07 wrote: »
    Well we did it, they gave everything, Allen's plan worked.

Well done to all of them. So so happy at the moment, great day. :D

think i nearly jumped ya after the match in happiness bahaahha :D

Like that pitch invasion was perfect. We still haven't won anything but I'll definitely be enjoying this win for the next few days/weeks/years (sure what harm :P been 6 years ffs). Delighted. Can't put it into words. so proud of the lads.
    richie mc, you legend!
    yeow :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Thinkstoomuch

jordainius wrote: »
    I think a final v Cork would be at the Gaelic Grounds, we have a home/away arrangement with them and we played them in Cork last time. If its Clare it will only be in Thurles I'd imagine.

First and Foremost,congrats on a superb,well earned victory.Fair play to Hannon and Dowling ,to have the character to put in such a good display after the U21 game.
    Like many,I did not think ye would win,but backs to the wall,Limerick are at their most dangerous.I never rated Allen as a great tactian but today in fairness he got it spot on,with the team he picked.The question now is how the team will handle the heightened expectation the next day.That is not a question for now though,live in the moment and enjoy a superb victory.

We have to get over Clare first,before we can even think of a Munster final,but you are correct,if Cork did win it would be in Limerick as the last time we played was in down Cork in 2010,when we beat yere weakened team.
    Ye have really opened up the Munster Championship now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Congrats to Limerick. Better team won no complaints. The very best of luck to you in the Munster Final and the rest of the championship

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭jjjd

HigginsJ wrote: »

Clareman won't be happy!

I will say having watched the highlights there now that some of the points taken by Limerick were absolutely sublime.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭skaface

Well done to Limerick today, well deserved.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement