Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*Limerick GAA news/discussion thread*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Okay, I've calmed down a bit, time for a few thoughts.

First and foremost, well done to John Allen and the entire Limerick team. He took a lot of flak after the league final, probably deservedly, it was a disappointing performance. A lot of people doubted his selection......but it was acknowledged by most that it set out a certain gameplan. And that gameplan worked, fair play to him. And I wondered whether we could bring the sort of intensity, aggression and work rate of the team in 2007...that was what was needed, that's what we called for...and they delivered today. Could not fault the effort of any player. And Allen's use of the bench was excellent, much better than last year.

As for particular things.....some of the questionable selection. Stephen Walsh completely justified his selection, he was immense at corner-back, won pretty much everything in his area. Cynical foul at the end, took a yellow....but tbh, it had to be done, Bonnar Maher was the player likely to make something for Tipp. Seanie Tobin also justified his selection, he was brilliant in the first half, out in front of his man every time, set up two scores, scored the goal and got a nice point 2nd half. And Paul Browne had a decent enough game in the middle, couple of mistakes but overall was solid.

Jim-Bob Ryan...absolutely brilliant at half-forward. Just worked and worked, got a great score, closed down everything and limited the influence of Maher when he was moved over to him.

Nicky Quaid made a couple of great saves, the one from Callanan was top class. Puck-outs largely excellent.

Condon was his usual self, hit hard, made a few good clearances. Wayne Mc was similar but really needs to stop those solo runs and losing the ball. Happens way too much. Paudie O'Brien and Gavin were good for the most part, couple of stray passes (Paudie hit the ball to Maher 3 times in a row in the first half) but they really stepped it up when they had to, Gavin made 2 crucial catches inside our half at the end, and distribution was largely good.

And the 2 standout players for me were DOG and Richie Mc. Both fantastic. DOG drove the team on from the middle, scored 3 crucial points, 2 of them were just fantastic. His defensive contribution can't be underrated either. And Richie Mc dominated from full-back throughout the game, his one mistake was let Callanan inside for a goal chance, but luckily he missed.

Shane Dowling was brilliant from the bench, his point, particularly the block beforehand, was pure class. And then an absolute monster of a free.....Niall Moran's point was also very nice. Use of the bench was superb, as I said before.

Some of our score-taking was great: Breen's one from the sideline, 2 of DOG's, Hannon's at the end....very well-done. But the most impressive thing for me was the way we bounced back after going 4 points down (Bubbles' goal was seriously good, he looks like some player). Teams in the past would have struggled....but we kicked on and outscored them by 9 to 2 in the last 20 minutes. And that is commendable, above all else. What a win.

And the great thing is....that we can still improve. A lot of things went right today, but we weren't always great. Graham Mulcahy was very quiet (marked very well by Cahill), I'd expect him to have more of an influence the next day. Hannon scored 9, with 2 from play, but still......wasn't his best game. Fluffed 2 possible goal chances. He'll bounced back too, the fact that he had the confidence to take a score from the sideline in injury time is amazing. Hickey worked hard but things didn't go his way all the time. Wayne Mc is still wasteful in possession sometimes.....and Breen was poor, bar his point imo. Maher dominated against him (which is not surprising, he's class).

I expect us to improve, and while Tipp weren't at their best today, they still have some very talented hurlers, their big players all played well.....all 3 Mahers, McGrath, Cahill as well as O'Dwyer....they all impressed me, and I'm not sure other teams have as many players on that level. Like, Cahill pretty much cleaned Mulcahy out, can't think of another corner-back who would do that? Brendan Maher and McGrath's link-up-play and intelligence in possession was pretty much the reason they drew level and Bonner won a lot of ball, and stopped us clearing it quickly, and he set up their goal.

Today was amazing, the outpouring of emotion at the end was special. The team stepped up, they made us all proud to be from Limerick, to be associated with that team. And we're in a Munster final again.....and I reckon we have a decent chance. And it was a sunny day. What more can you ask for? That was Munster Championship..... I love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭shockframe

A great win.Only the second for us in Munster since June 2001.A win to savour.

But I thought we did mix the good with the bad.The full back line very good with the half back line a bit hit and miss. Dodge played the captains part and got a great score at the start setting the tone. The forwards were a bit average with the half forward line a bit disappointing.That said James Ryan put in a savage hours work to be fair.The game wasnt Graeme Mulcahys finest but Michael Cahill was immense for Tipp.Hannon has probably played better games too but got some very important scores from play.All in all a good performance but not a great one.Still lots to improve on.

But the last 15 minutes was inspirational.We have lost our way being down by over 3 points in matches over the years so to rise to the challenge at the end was heart-warming.

There was a lot of the usual cliches that accompany a limerick win.Heart,passion, hunger etc. What people fail to point out is that this is a squad in the third year of its development that has slowly but surely learned to adapt to the modern game. We've had setbacks the last 2 years but we seemed to be getting slightly better and crucially picking up wins as we go on.After the excesses of 2000-09 the seniors look in a far better place than we have since the mid-1990s.The most successful teams often have a 1-3 year timeframe of learning curves before they are the genuine article.Dublin/donegal footballers being a good example.even kilkenny had to lose 2 all irelands in 1998/99 before getting the balance right in 2000.

The great thing about an outside manager is that it doesnt matter if your a superstar from the likes of doon,patrickswell,camogue rovers, Killeedy or wherever, any bit of indiscipline or lack of effort can be easily sorted out wth someone like John Allen as opposed to a Limerick Manager who can let club loyalties overule the head.Every one of the starting 15 were there on merit, the opposite of which plagued Limerick hurling as much as anything in the last decade and even before that.The full back line was made up of intermediate players.its rare for a limerick team to line out like that.something a local manager may not put up with.

As great as today is, its still only june.You can bet the house that tipp wont be as accomodating if we meet in the all ireland series later.They were poor by their own standards but still missed 2/3 good goal chances and were the only team the looked like winning after they got their goal.They were only 3 points off Kilkenny in the league final so they are still a major threat for later on.Other teams will be forewarned of what to expect from us aswell.We are still behind the last 3 finalists in spite of everything today.a win in july/august could change things yet

We still have a munster final to play yet and we will have a big fight on our hands to win that.if its cork they will have runners which could unsettle us.if its clare they'll have a serious weapon against us-Paul Kinnerk.This man has played with/against several of todays team in football (Walsh,James Ryan, Seamus Hickey former county team mates) so he'll have an idea on how to unsettle lads.

We will have higher expectations now but look we have to accept that if we are to advance further.Even if we were to lose the next day we would still be aiming for an all ireland semi final spot.We have believed our own hype once too often before so we have to keep our feet on the ground. Our shortcomings in the league final should stop anyone getting ahead of themselves.

Still though great to be in a munster final again.In with a chance now.Well done to everyone involved today.Enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

As someone from Limerick living in Tipp I have to say today was a great day. The Tipp supporters weren't worried at all, sure don't Limerick always play great in the first half and then lose it all? I have to say those last 15 minutes or so was just amazing, the Tipp supporters getting quieter and quieter. The Limerick supporters, myself included, hoarse from roaring. Can't wait for Munster final day, now just to get a ticket.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Well done to Limerick really great win today, hopefully for Clare we can get over Cork the next day, and setup a repeat of some of those cracking Clare Vs Limerick munster championship games from the mid 90s. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

I've never been more happy to be proved wrong about a team and their tactics - John Allen, I salute you, and stand corrected.

The biggest thing to come out of today's win was the 7 point swing in the final 20 mins. It shows this Limerick side has the mental capacity to take the fight to the opposition and grab the momentum. Most Limerick sides of the past would have fell away following Bubbles' goal for Tipp to put them 4 up. I credit it to this group being young and fearless, they showed no inhibition out there today and just went for it. Within 3 minutes of that goal, we had replied with 2 points in kind, which was the winning of the game for us, the guys responded to it and got the momentum back. This to me bodes very well for the future.

Strange thing is that although we showed serious physicality and desire to win out there today, we didn't do everything brilliant. We mixed the very good (Gavin O'Mahony's good fielding and supply to Sean Tobin) with the very bad (the same player hitting passes over the sideline or end line). Our first touch was generally good though and support play from DOG and Browne was impressive throughout. Yet our fielding wasn't the best and Tipp (Conor O'Mahony and Michael Cahill particularly) caught more clean ball than us.

Hickey and Ryan did a serious amount of hassling and blocking on both Maher and Bergin. And when Wayne Mac and Richie McCarthy got really on top midway through second half, I thought the forwards worked extra hard to close down the space of the Tipp backs. All the subs played a part - Dowling answered his critics in some style. Allis and Moran did their bit too. Tom Condon was like a man with a mission, and Steve Walsh did well second half after a dodgy first spell. Hannon not at his best but still scored crucial points. Very disappointed with Mulcahy. Never out in front of Cahill even once. Expected much more from a guy of his quality. There was nothing wrong with the supply of ball Paudie O Brien was giving him.

MOM has to be Richie McCarthy though, had a dodgy 10 minute first spell where Callinan could have struck 2 goals. Came roaring back after that though and dominated throughout. He hurled the world of ball in second half.

A lot done, more to do, if we could improve as much again before the Munster Final, we'll take serious beating. Hope they knuckle down down now and enjoy the build up. God knows they've earned it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭Browney7

Delighted for Richie Mc. He was the best full back in limerick for the past few years but every game you'd hear some donkey in the stand saying he's suspect. Was getting texts after from waterford and cork lads "jaysus that full back is a beast of a man". Our full back line have been great for the past few years and give us a super platform.

Donal O'Gradys monster point was amazing. Seemed to hang in the air for ages and got some roar from the crowd. Right behind Hannons point at the end and to see it curling inside that right post to send Tipped packing, Priceless! I hope this team starts to get a bit of credit now. Sure we weren't even mentioned in the Sunday game preview. Jesus if we can win on July 14th who knows what will happen. When Limerick teams get momentum behind them they can be hard to stop. One swallow doesn't make a summer but we've an all Ireland quarter final against the likes of Waterford, Offaly, wexford ,the dubs or cork or Clare at the very least. Luimneach go deo!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Congrats lads and a great win indeed and well deserved, Limerick completely out fought Tipp and the workrate of the Limerick players was incredible.

Just one negative though, everyone is lauding Allen today and in fairness rightly so, but what in hell were they at in the first half launching every puck out and every ball from the FB line down on top of Paudie Maher in the first half, he must have had a pain in he's hurl from hittin the ball :D This was addressed in the second half but how it took that long to cop it was shocking.

Everyone is saying the FB Mc Carthy was immense but tbf he was marking no one, a bottler, who droped he's head after missing the goal chance, for me Donal O'Grady was the best player on the field.

From a Tipp point of view, 1 - 8 actually hurled well, but its after that the problems start, we need to drop our captain, decide whether Noel McGrath is a forward or a midfielder and please dont start Seamie Callinan in a big championship game again. We made Pa Bourke the scapegoat again and he was actually hurling well and had the beating of he's man, there was at least 4 or 5 could have went before him. Pa and Johnno actually kept us in the game in the first half.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭paddy no 11

Agree on Pa Bourke, thought he was hurling tidy enough had a couple of scores from play and looked dangerous to me, was glad to see the back of him to be honest.

Have me feckin holidays booked for the 14th in france, D'oh.

Fantastic to have a munster final to look forward to anyway, no idea who'll come through the other side but will make for a great final either way. Well done again to all involved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭TheNap

Congrats lads and a great win indeed and well deserved, Limerick completely out fought Tipp and the workrate of the Limerick players was incredible.

Just one negative though, everyone is lauding Allen today and in fairness rightly so, but what in hell were they at in the first half launching every puck out and every ball from the FB line down on top of Paudie Maher in the first half, he must have had a pain in he's hurl from hittin the ball :D This was addressed in the second half but how it took that long to cop it was shocking.

Everyone is saying the FB Mc Carthy was immense but tbf he was marking no one, a bottler, who droped he's head after missing the goal chance, for me Donal O'Grady was the best player on the field.

From a Tipp point of view, 1 - 8 actually hurled well, but its after that the problems start, we need to drop our captain, decide whether Noel McGrath is a forward or a midfielder and please dont start Seamie Callinan in a big championship game again. We made Pa Bourke the scapegoat again and he was actually hurling well and had the beating of he's man, there was at least 4 or 5 could have went before him. Pa and Johnno actually kept us in the game in the first half.

Callinan has always flattered to deceive in my eyes . How is he rated in Tipperary ? Might suit ye to come in under the radar though . Plus ye will have a completely different forward line the next day with Corbett , Forde , Kelly , O'Dwyer and perhaps even O'Meara coming in .

The Munster Final will be great for the neutral . Especially if Clare beat Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

TheNap wrote: »
    Callinan has always flattered to deceive in my eyes . How is he rated in Tipperary ? Might suit ye to come in under the radar though . Plus ye will have a completely different forward line the next day with Corbett , Forde , Kelly , O'Dwyer and perhaps even O'Meara coming in .

The Munster Final will be great for the neutral . Especially if Clare beat Cork

Frustrating I guess would be the best way to describe it, he is an immensley talented and skillfull guy, but he lacks bottle and consistency, he is also incredibly soft for a big man - the general feeling would be he would be better served as an impact sub say with 20 mins remaining when the game has loosened up a bit and there is a bit more space.

• Advertisement

Think Forde's illness was costly enough for Tipp, obviously we don't know he'd have played, but he's big enough, and strong enough..... and really the Tipp forwards were bullied, a lot of them didn't want to know. When O'Dwyer came on, he showed he wasn't afraid, 1-3 from play is a great return in any circumstances...... to get it in something like 14 minutes is incredible.

It's hard to believe it's been so long since we won a game in Munster, it's just great to be back looking forward to a Munster final.

Couple of clips of Liam Aherne commentary from the match, always classic stuff :cool:

http://thescore.thejournal.ie/limerick-live-95-liam-ahern-944534-Jun2013/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

If anyone knows a place to watch the match in full again..... or hear the full 95fm commentary, please let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭dzilla

1 in 17 ain't bad lads

• Registered Users Posts: 16 33theman33

RikkFlair wrote: »
    40 years of hurt. Our year :D
    Munster title is ours to lose now :D
    This is our year!
    ft9 wrote: »
    Well done Limerick! Limerick Kilkenny All Ireland hopefully!

Didn't know Munster and All Ireland senior hurling titles were handed out in early June
    :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Send in the clowns...

Well, while we should certainly enjoy it while we have it.....and a build-up to a Munster final has been rare for us in recent years, we shouldn't get carried away either.

Heard some people going on about how we've the best backline in the country and it's an easy road to the semi-final, which is way over the top. It was a good win (a great win, even) but it's a performance we'll need to reproduce in the final.

Can't relapse...how disappointing would it be not to turn up in the final, after doing "the hard part" (on paper).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭paddy no 11

Fireball07 wrote: »
    Well, while we should certainly enjoy it while we have it.....and a build-up to a Munster final has been rare for us in recent years, we shouldn't get carried away either.

Heard some people going on about how we've the best backline in the country and it's an easy road to the semi-final, which is way over the top. It was a good win (a great win, even) but it's a performance we'll need to reproduce in the final.

Can't relapse...how disappointing would it be not to turn up in the final, after doing "the hard part" (on paper).

Listening to newstalk last night and some tool texts in to say we hammered kilkenny's first team a few weeks ago. We didnt i was there. The radio are worse for reading that type of rubbish out.

Anyway, if the other semi is tight we'll go in 6/4 underdogs against cork in thurles and the bookies will call a clare match in limerick either evens or a point either way depending on quality of clare win and thats the reality of where we are at present.

Yeah we're evens to win munster but thats only because we are 50% more likely to be in the final than cork or clare.

Listening to newstalk last night and some tool texts in to say we hammered kilkenny's first team a few weeks ago. We didnt i was there. The radio are worse for reading that type of rubbish out.

Anyway, if the other semi is tight we'll go in 6/4 underdogs against cork in thurles and the bookies will call a clare match in limerick either evens or a point either way depending on quality of clare win and thats the reality of where we are at present.

Yeah we're evens to win munster but thats only because we are 50% more likely to be in the final than cork or clare.

It's the Cork match that will be in Limerick, Clare in Thurles...but yeah, I agree with you. I think the Munster final will be pretty much 50-50 against either team. I'd have faith that we can win, but there's nothing definite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

I must admit I got this one badly wrong. Delighted firstly for the players and the genuine supporters, so many years of heartache - great fans. Also well done Allen, deserves the credit. I was too harsh on him.

Not so sure about playing Hickey up front, but the munster final is up for grabs now. Very even between the 3 teams left.

Also Tipp will have a say in the championship yet.

Great for hurling.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

This is a massive psychological boost, no longer do we have the feeling that all the hard work will be for nothing, that we're going to get caught by an unlucky goal in the last minute and are forever destined to be jinxed.

From now on we will only be beaten by a superior team, not by our own demons.

Crom Abu!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 33theman33

This is a massive psychological boost, no longer do we have the feeling that all the hard work will be for nothing, that we're going to get caught by an unlucky goal in the last minute and are forever destined to be jinxed.

From now on we will only be beaten by a superior team, not by our own demons.

Crom Abu!! :D

Soooo all those games you lost before were all down to your demons and had nothing to do with better opposition??

What are these demons your on about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭jordainius

33theman33 wrote: »
    Didn't know Munster and All Ireland senior hurling titles were handed out in early June
    :rolleyes:
    Soooo all those games you lost before were all down to your demons and had nothing to do with better opposition??

People are happy, let them enjoy their moment, not everyone wants to be a bitter ball of misery like yourself....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭jordainius

Rightwing wrote: »
    I must admit I got this one badly wrong. Delighted firstly for the players and the genuine supporters, so many years of heartache - great fans. Also well done Allen, deserves the credit. I was too harsh on him.
    Yeah, not quite the "loser" who gets it wrong most the time you were making him out to be. Like I kept saying to you the other day, he has been no better or worse than O'Grady was when he was in charge.

jordainius wrote: »
    Yeah, not quite the "loser" who gets it wrong most the time you were making him out to be. Like I kept saying to you the other day, he has been no better or worse than O'Grady was when he was in charge.

In fairness to him he delivered and I was delighted for both the team and management. They have to win the munster though for us to say it's been a successful season, and I see no reason why we can't win it now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

Some of the defeats were due to superior opposition but others were not - even within the last 15 months defeats to Clare, Waterford and Dublin betrayed a pure lack of belief at critical moments.

The demons go all the way back to '94 and '96 but yer a bit young to know about that :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭glasagusban

jordainius wrote: »

He has been better than O'Grady! O'Grady would have us still hand passing the ball around our half of the field.

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭glasagusban

I'm still thrilled and I think we will win Munster. That's not getting carried away, I think we are as good as cork or Clare and can win the next game.

I think the Clare back line is a bit weak and while cork might beat them I find it hard to rate cork. Last year they were relying on Sean Og and Sweetnam and they've lost a few others too, can't see that they have equal or better replacements yet. I haven't seen anything yet to suggest they are better this year, in fact they were relegated. I think Clare will beat cork.

My worry about facing Clare is some of the forward match ups. I think Condon will be marking Honan and he will need to be at his absolute best. McCarthy will face a different challenge in o'donnell. Our midfield will have to cover Kelly who will drift off Wayne Mc, and I think O'Brien will have to tighten up a bit and concentrate more on his deliveries (though Clare have no half back as dominant as maher in the air).

I reckon we'll start the next game with the same team barring injury or a sudden burst of amazing form from downes dowling moran or allis. I still worry about our half back line and I think that it is a bit tighter with O'Grady in the centre and wayne at 5, while shifting o'brien to midfield wouldn't really weaken us. Don't expect to see any changes though. The full back line will remain the same, again, Stephen Walsh I'm sorry I doubted you, outstanding! Browne the same. Breen and hickey might be looking over their shoulders a bit but I doubt hickey will be dropped and breen could make inroads against Clare. Mulcahy wasn't great the last day but will retain his place, alongside hannon and Tobin who was our best forward v tipp.

He has been better than O'Grady! O'Grady would have us still hand passing the ball around our half of the field.

I think O Grady did a lot of good, but I definitely agree about his short passing game, was very easy for the top teams to nail us. Players weren't skillful enough for it and the moves would often breakdown.

We can certainly win the munster, but it will be a 50/50 game. Something needs to be about Hickey up front, that's a waste.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Thinkstoomuch

I'm still thrilled and I think we will win Munster. That's not getting carried away, I think we are as good as cork or Clare and can win the next game.

I think the Clare back line is a bit weak and while cork might beat them I find it hard to rate cork. Last year they were relying on Sean Og and Sweetnam and they've lost a few others too, can't see that they have equal or better replacements yet. I haven't seen anything yet to suggest they are better this year, in fact they were relegated. I think Clare will beat cork.

In relation to Clare being weak at half back ,I have my doubts,but even if so, it is hard to see cork dominating them.
    The Cork half forward line is weak enough,but Pa Cronin has been suffering from pneoumina the last two weeks.
    He is only just out of hospital after ten days.It would be a huge ask to see him play even any part in the game to be honest at this stage.
    It was a great win for limerick,but to put two wins back to back now is the next big test for Limerick.Limerick ,always seem to deliver when nobody expects them to.And not many Limerick people expected them to win .

Now everyone,expects them to win a Munster title,it will be a different kind of pressure the next day.Any time ,you expect Limerick to deliver,they sometimes dont.The U21s are a case in point.
    After winning Munster in 2011,I remember every limerick person I spoke to were convinced they would at least make the final.They never put in the same intensity against Galway in the semi final.

To win a Munster title,you got to keep improving in every game.Cork beat Tipp in 2010,and everyone expected us to be Munster Champions.And Denis Walsh was suddenly a hero.

We all know what happens next.In fairness to Allen,he got it right Sunday.
    But before it can be said that both him and this team have truly turned a corner, it can only be said if ye win the Munster final.
    To win a Munster title would be deemed progress by both the team and manager,no matter what ever happens after that.
    I would love to see Limerick win a Munster title,once it is not at the expense of Cork.The Munster final will tell a lot more about this team though.

• Advertisement

In relation to Clare being weak at half back ,I have my doubts,but even if so, it is hard to see cork dominating them.
    The Cork half forward line is weak enough,but Pa Cronin has been suffering from pneoumina the last two weeks.
    He is only just out of hospital after ten days.It would be a huge ask to see him play even any part in the game to be honest at this stage.
    It was a great win for limerick,but to put two wins back to back now is the next big test for Limerick.Limerick ,always seem to deliver when nobody expects them to.And not many Limerick people expected them to win .

Now everyone,expects them to win a Munster title,it will be a different kind of pressure the next day.Any time ,you expect Limerick to deliver,they sometimes dont.The U21s are a case in point.
    After winning Munster in 2011,I remember every limerick person I spoke to were convinced they would at least make the final.They never put in the same intensity against Galway in the semi final.

To win a Munster title,you got to keep improving in every game.Cork beat Tipp in 2010,and everyone expected us to be Munster Champions.And Denis Walsh was suddenly a hero.

We all know what happens next.In fairness to Allen,he got it right Sunday.
    But before it can be said that both him and this team have truly turned a corner, it can only be said if ye win the Munster final.
    To win a Munster title would be deemed progress by both the team and manager,no matter what ever happens after that.
    I would love to see Limerick win a Munster title,once it is not at the expense of Cork.The Munster final will tell a lot more about this team though.

Good post. You could make an argument that each of the 3 teams left badly need to win the munster final. New winners since 2006, a lot of dominance by Tipp and waterford to a lesser extent.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement