Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*Limerick GAA news/discussion thread*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭slegs

Stand tickets maybe. But terrace tickets are widely available online and through Super Valu's etc.

Not for a whole lot longer than a few days i'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Apparently our club only got allocated 50% of what they requested..... fúck :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Only City END Terrace available on gaa.tickets.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭slegs

Fireball07 wrote: »
    Apparently our club only got allocated 50% of what they requested..... fúck :(

That's what I have been hearing too. Demand is way higher than was predicted and there isn't enough stand tickets to meet club demand.

Terraces will sell out shortly on gaa.tickets.ie

slegs wrote: »
    That's what I have been hearing too. Demand is way higher than was predicted and there isn't enough stand tickets to meet club demand.

Terraces will sell out shortly on gaa.tickets.ie

I don't know what to do now.....I still have a chance of getting tickets through the club, so do I wait and see, and risk missing out completely??? Or just buy the tickets now.... I dunno.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

I bought online, would be a shame to miss out, when is the next time we'll be in a MF in the gaelic grounds? If you get them through a club, you'll easily be able to sell the ones you bought at face value anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

There must have been 55K in there in '96 for the clare game, ive never been in such a tight crowd in my life.

i'd agree Paddy, twas nearly as bad as 1978 in Thomond Park when 120,000 came through the gate....:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

I don't know what to do now.....I still have a chance of getting tickets through the club, so do I wait and see, and risk missing out completely??? Or just buy the tickets now.... I dunno.
    Rightwing wrote: »
    I bought online, would be a shame to miss out, when is the next time we'll be in a MF in the gaelic grounds? If you get them through a club, you'll easily be able to sell the ones you bought at face value anyway.

This. Buy now and get your ticket sorted and you can sell off others if your lucky to get them (or the terrace ones you bought). Better safe than sorry in this instance.

Yep, got the tickets. In the terrace, cannot wait (although the nerves are already killing me).

So now that's that sorted... on the actual game? What do people think of Brian Murphy's injury?

Has to be a boost for us surely, he was excellent against Clare, great man-marker and probably their best option at full-back. If we play the same team as we did against Tipp, he might've ended up picking up Hannon the same way as he did Kelly. But Allen surely has to think about putting in someone at full-forward that can win the ball, after the dominance Honan had. Clare didn't take their goal chances, I'd have more confidence in our forwards taking opportunities if they fall their way.

Options would be Downes, Moran, Dowling.

Downes can win ball, is strong and fast, and can turn off either side. Potentially destructive.
    Moran is big, well able to catch a high ball, and when he's on fire, he's unstoppable. Can be very inconsistent though... and although he scored a lot of goals last year, not sure he's as much of a goal threat as Downes might be.
    And Dowling... not always convinced at full-forward, but in theory, he could be excellent there. Mightn't have great pace but he's a lethal finisher.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Yep, got the tickets. In the terrace, cannot wait (although the nerves are already killing me).

So now that's that sorted... on the actual game? What do people think of Brian Murphy's injury?

Has to be a boost for us surely, he was excellent against Clare, great man-marker and probably their best option at full-back. If we play the same team as we did against Tipp, he might've ended up picking up Hannon the same way as he did Kelly. But Allen surely has to think about putting in someone at full-forward that can win the ball, after the dominance Honan had. Clare didn't take their goal chances, I'd have more confidence in our forwards taking opportunities if they fall their way.

Downes can win ball, is strong and fast, and can turn off either side. Potentially destructive.
    Moran is big, well able to catch a high ball, and when he's on fire, he's unstoppable. Can be very inconsistent though... and although he scored a lot of goals last year, not sure he's as much of a goal threat as Downes might be.
    And Dowling... not always convinced at full-forward, but in theory, he could be excellent there. Mightn't have great pace but he's a lethal finisher.

Good to hear.

Just briefly on that point, Brian Murphy's absence is no doubt a big loss for Cork. Not sure what Allen will do at full forward but Chris Joyce will be center back for Cork as they most likely don't have to worry about a roaming centre forward (not in the mould of Tony Kelly anyway).

The fact that Murphy was centre back left McDonnell very exposed the last day. JBM took a gamble, and it paid off and so he is a visionary. But in reality it should have backfired, there's no excuse for missing the chances Clare missed. Limerick probably won't get the same number simply by playing a ball winning full forward as Chris Joyce will offer more protection.

Also, though he needs to be more clinical with goal scoring chances, if you asked me who I'd like to have full forward in my team with the pick of the country Darach Honan would be 1st or 2nd (I guess I'd take Canning first). If I was Allen I'd be looking to see could I play a roaming centre forward who will give Cork something to think about.

The loss of Murphy is big though. The Clare full-forward line got 0-9 points from play the last day and it should have been a lot more with the goal chances they had, and even some of the pot shots they took looking to force a goal in the second half when points would have done. Conor O'Sullivan was hailed as man of the match in some quarters. I'm wondering if Conor McGrath had scored that goal second half, and not fluffed the pickup first half would people be of the same opinion?

Hope that was brief enough :P

• Advertisement

That is true... and I think tactically, JBM is generally no man's fool. If Limerick do name someone like Downes, he's going to have some sort of plan to stop us exploiting them...having Joyce there will obviously be a big help.

As for a roaming centre-forward...Hannon could be employed in that role. He was left to roam a lot the last day, but he wasn't on the top of his game, and we had a 2-man full-forward line. He moved to centre-forward for a while when Breen went off, I think.

I'm not sure what Allen will do, it'd be harsh to change much of the team...bar the Dowling for Breen change which would seem obvious. But I am hoping that we can hit Cork for goals. We have goalscorers in the team, if Mulcahy gets the same kind of chances McGrath got, I'd expect him to bury them.

I'm placing a lot of hope in Mulcahy, I'm hoping for one of the days where he's unplayable, he has the talent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭InchicoreDude

I was thinking of going to this match this year cos I have never been to a Munster final. I did not realise that tickets would be so hard got for it!

Will I have to do with a terrace ticket or could stand tickets yet become available?

I was thinking of going to this match this year cos I have never been to a Munster final. I did not realise that tickets would be so hard got for it!

Will I have to do with a terrace ticket or could stand tickets yet become available?

Think about it, capacity is reduced to 44,000, match is on in limerick, no expense to get there, neither LK/cork have been in a final for years, buy them while you can.

As for the Cork injury, it's not a boost for us, we have to concentrate on our own game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭paddy no 11

Murphy is a huge loss, he's the tightest corner back in the game, your effectively playing with 5 forwards when he's on. Was sure he'd pick up mulcahy. Its a big advantage to us.

I'm reasonably confident, focus on our own game pick a team to execute the gameplan and stick with it. Take the goal chances and we should be good enough. Still prefer downes in the corner over FF but either way i think it will be the 2 lively lads inside with one of hannon, dowling given the roving roll. with one of the 3 half forwards making way for 1 of dowling/hannon.

Which is better? City End or Clare End?

Which is better? City End or Clare End?

City End is Limerick, Clare End is Cork.

hmm, might go with Limerick this time! :P

Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

hmm, might go with Limerick this time! :P

Thank you!

Fine view trom the terraces in Limerick. and they can both hold massive crowds. Only thing about the city end is you can be blinded on a sunny day.
    But if you can get in early enough you can go fairly high up on the curvy bit near the corners (if you know what i mean). View can be as good as a stand seat. You should try and make it Dude, a unique occasion, and hopefully a narrow Limerick win.! but it will be tough.
    If everything had gone to plan for the 'big 2' we would have been travelling to Dublin to play ye this weekend. The joys of championship.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Lots of limerick have bought clare end too, should be relatively mixed :)

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Lots of limerick have bought clare end too, should be relatively mixed :)

I hope we can win the Munster, and then the All Ireland is def on the cards. Can't wait for it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 42 piplin

piplin wrote: »

Does anyone know and can they please confirm if tickets be they terrace or stand will be going on sale from the GG sometime before the 14th of July?

Thanks for the heads up there chappies. :rolleyes:

City end terrace are on sale from the gg. I got 6 of them yesterday. Office there closes at 5.30 in the evenings 20 euro a pop. Get there before they're gone.

That's just a heads up for those who maybe reading who still haven't got a ticket.

edit:
    It was made clear to me that there was no refund if any of these tickets are used by juveniles.

piplin wrote: »
    Thanks for the heads up there chappies. :rolleyes:

City end terrace are on sale from the gg. I got 6 of them yesterday. Office there closes at 5.30 in the evenings 20 euro a pop. Get there before they're gone.

That's just a heads up for those who maybe reading who still haven't got a ticket.

Ya, they are on tickets.ie too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Thinkstoomuch

Delighted you got your tickets.You seem hard core geuine fan to the bone and you were supporting the footballers even when things looked bad so it makes the Gaa what it is when guys like you make the games.

Their will on both sides be loads of band wagon supporters their so its nice to see geuine fans like you and many others their .

In relation to Murphy yes he is a big loss.A top class defender.Strange as it may sound though we wont need hes man marking against as much as Mulchay wont roam and O Sullivan or O Neill will be well able for Mulchay.

He is a fine hurler and im a huge fan.He was quiet the last day so id expect a big game from him but we have defenders to cope.

Hannon will be marked by egan i feel.Egan will have a long hard day but he is a top defender.

Murphy i never felt was Cork best option at full back.If Spillane was unavailble it would be a dissaster but the fact he is training we are not as bad as i thought.

Spillane is good under the high ball and is fast and tenacious and has a great first touch He is raw and needs expierence.He can only get it with games.
    It not ideal to make a debut in a munster final but Cadogan did against Tipp in 09 and was man of the match.

Cads was a special type of player and while Spillane has some way to go yet he is cut from the same cloth.There is a steely determination and inner self belief in him.

Downes I fear but has not been a regular under allen and has stalled hes progress where he thrived under O Grady.So he may not be high on confidence so Spillane would be facing a player also under pressure.

Cahalane marked Downes and done very well in the U 21 Munster final in 2011 and Spillane is as good if not better than Cahalane.

If murphy was fit their is no way that he would be not full back but now Cork may be forced to start Spillane which may be no bad thing at all even though Murphy is a huge loss.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

You have interesting posts but could you not check them for punctuation and spelling errors in order to make them easier to read? It's just basic good manners.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭bennyl10

just a heads up guys.

City end terrace now sold out on tickets.ie

Is Spillane definitely fit to play?? I don't think he was on the bench against Clare? Is there not a chance JBM will persevere with McDonnell at full-back?

Downes is a weird player, he isn't the most consistent, on his day he is fantastic and he had a couple of really good games during the league, I thought he was definitely going to get a start against Tipp. One criticism I'd have of him is he often tries to do too much on his own, and tries speculative shots from impossible angles. Which are great when they go over, but most of the time they don't. Still, he's a very useful player to have around.

I remember Cahalane marked him in the 2011 U-21 game but at the same time, Downes wasn't on form that day.

And Mulcahy didn't really get many shots on goal against Tipp, Cahill did a superb job on him but he still created a lot and had a good game. As our most dangerous forward, I'm expecting to score a few more the next day, if he's on form, he's very hard to stop.

Think our team selection will tell a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭shawnee

You have interesting posts but could you not check them for punctuation and spelling errors in order to make them easier to read? It's just basic good manners.

Missing a few commas there and should be a space before the ? Keep reading and correcting though , you will get it eventually. :P:P:P

bennyl10 wrote: »
    just a heads up guys.

City end terrace now sold out on tickets.ie

Sounds like I got lucky there.

Sounds like I got lucky there.

May be still possible to get them in the gaelic grounds, but these will also sell up friday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Thinkstoomuch

Is Spillane definitely fit to play?? I don't think he was on the bench against Clare? Is there not a chance JBM will persevere with McDonnell at full-back?

Downes is a weird player, he isn't the most consistent, on his day he is fantastic and he had a couple of really good games during the league, I thought he was definitely going to get a start against Tipp. One criticism I'd have of him is he often tries to do too much on his own, and tries speculative shots from impossible angles. Which are great when they go over, but most of the time they don't. Still, he's a very useful player to have around.

I remember Cahalane marked him in the 2011 U-21 game but at the same time, Downes wasn't on form that day.

And Mulcahy didn't really get many shots on goal against Tipp, Cahill did a superb job on him but he still created a lot and had a good game. As our most dangerous forward, I'm expecting to score a few more the next day, if he's on form, he's very hard to stop.

Think our team selection will tell a lot.

yeah ,Spillane according to Kieran Kingston is back in full training.He is still U21 this year.He got injured in the first few minutes of last year's game against Tipp in this grade down in Cork.

JBM has been ruthless with most of he's selection calls during he's reign and on that basis I would imagine Mcdonnell was so poor against Clare and it was similar to the league final agsinst KK in 2012 when he was roasted,that he will be dropped like he was back then.

I can not see and hope JBM does not start Mcdonnell at full back.Downes can be hit and miss but he is a superb player that could be a huge threat to Cork.

Niall moran to me reminds me of Neil Ronan in he's day.He has loads of talent but can flatter to decieve on occassions.

It will be interesting to see what both teams will be ,but Id say Allen will be loyal to the team that beat Tipp.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement