Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*Limerick GAA news/discussion thread*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

DylanS09 wrote: »
    I'd fancy Limerick to win the Munster (in football obviously)!
    we'll be doing well to get past an ever improving Waterford side. The winners of that game should account for Clare easily. If we do get to
    a Munster final we will have home advantage against Cork or Kerry, barring an upset by Tipp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭DylanS09

Orizio wrote: »
    Yes, Limerick are surely now favourites for Munster after getting promoted to Division 3. :)

Without a doubt!
    Division 3,what an achievement!:D
    But still I wouldn't put it past them to win the Munster!:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭TheWarrior

Big game on Sunday, lets hope the county's young guns can step up to the plate & pull off a win against the dubs.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 63 ✭✭big toenails

God willing we'll win on Sunday. I hope Paudie can catch a few balls and run like a plough horse into the goals. We'll need a rake of goals to beat Dublin I think.

Anyone going to the match today!?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭jordainius

Maybe now people will stop deluding themselves that the current panel are good enough to win games. I can't believe so many thought Limerick had a chance in this match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 existential

Limericks young lads are taking an absolute hammering out there. This is embarassing.

I feel McCarthy has to go. Like how much more damage will he inflict on us? He has dragged Limerick down to Division 2, not to mention the hammerings we are likely to take in the C'ship.

Limerick hurling RIP!

Now for the customary second half comeback once the game is over as a contest....

Down to 14, not that it makes much difference.

There has to be pressure to get rid of McCarthy now.

Worst game ever. Its a turkey shoot.

• Advertisement

This is just too easy for Dublin. Imagine what Tipp or Kilkenny would do to us...#

And now its 6. Disgrace. This cannot continue. Justin has to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

jordainius wrote: »
    Now for the customary second half comeback once the game is over as a contest....
    :rolleyes:

They're going to get some hammering in the Championship :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

jordainius wrote: »
    Maybe now people will stop deluding themselves that the current panel are good enough to win games. I can't believe so many thought Limerick had a chance in this match.

dude, I can see peoples reason for giving limerick a chance. If you saw how they played against offaly and kilkenny, they made some people proud that day. Obviously not everyone. But anyways, back to the match. A total disaster. Limerick seemed to just concede free after free too. And what happened with james o brien for him to get the red card? I couldn't see the incident :confused:

dude, I can see peoples reason for giving limerick a chance. If you saw how they played against offaly and kilkenny, they made some people proud that day. Obviously not everyone. But anyways, back to the match. A total disaster. Limerick seemed to just concede free after free too. And what happened with james o brien for him to get the red card? I couldn't see the incident :confused:

He hit some dude with his hurl !Or so I was told!I mised the incident as well!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

It's embarassing to see what player power has reduced the once great hurling county of Limerick too. :(

P.S.: Does anyone have Justin Mac's post-game interview?

• Moderators Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭LFCFan

Can someone tell me what the actual dispute is with McCarthy? Is it because he dropped the senior players who weren't doing it anymore and they rebelled?

Orizio wrote: »
    It's embarassing to see what player power has reduced the once great hurling county of Limerick too. :(

P.S.: Does anyone have Justin Mac's post-game interview?

Same here!
    I want Justin to stay, but I want to players to come,which isn't gonna happen I know!
    Hate the way players think they can choose who manages them!
    The dropped players should stay away and the players who think they're doing any good by not playing for their county should come back!
    It's ment to be an honour to play for your county!

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭TheSpecialOne

Severely disappointed For Limerick Hurling.The Game is up i wanted Justin to do well as i supported him over the players but maybe its time to reflect and go Justin.But if he does i hope the new man doesn't bring all the players back as we need to blood youth. Thank god the football team have a chance of doing something or else it would be one heck of a depressing year.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Severely disappointed For Limerick Hurling.The Game is up i wanted Justin to do well as i supported him over the players but maybe its time to reflect and go Justin.But if he does i hope the new man doesn't bring all the players back as we need to blood youth. Thank god the football team have a chance of doing something or else it would be one heck of a depressing year.

rightly said. I would be disappointed if the hurlers who were dropped were taken back. Justin had a great idea mixing some of the youth we have on the team now with the likes of seamus hickey and o mahoney but unfortunately he went about it the wrong way. Anyone know the amount of frees conceded by each side today?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,887 ✭✭✭deisedude

LFCFan wrote: »
    Can someone tell me what the actual dispute is with McCarthy? Is it because he dropped the senior players who weren't doing it anymore and they rebelled?

He dropped about 12 players from the panel without telling them beforehand. The only one he told was Mark Foley. The other players on the panel then got pissed off and jumped ship too. Its basically been shadow boxing between the county board and the players since then

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭Browney7

It's disappointing but not surprising. No silver linings from this I'm afraid.

Outclassed all over the field. Too many times were Dublin able to put it in on a plate for Dotsy O'Callaghan and McCrabbe leaving our backs cruelly exposed. Just another page added to the miserable saga that has been Limerick hurling for the last 10 years. It was obvious Dublin were up for it. They just blew us away in midfield. I feel sorry for the lads playing today. They aren't as bad as that.

getting rid of Justin will change sweet F.A at this stage. Bringing back the lads from last year will have no effect. Whip out the footballs lads.

rightly said. I would be disappointed if the hurlers who were dropped were taken back. Justin had a great idea mixing some of the youth we have on the team now with the likes of seamus hickey and o mahoney but unfortunately he went about it the wrong way. Anyone know the amount of frees conceded by each side today?
    We need those players back though. The lads that took the field today got trounced by Dublin, who aren't even one of the top teams. Put simply the majority of them are not up to it at this level. I shudder to think what Kilkenny, Cork or Tipp would do to us if they tried.

I don't have the stats but it looked like Limerick did give away a ridiculous amount of frees today. The ref didn't help matters by blowing up for a lot of soft frees though it has to be said.

I think Justins position as manager is in big jeopardy now. After a few thrashings in the C'ship and he'll definitely be a goner. Can't come soon enough imo. We need to bring those lads back whatever it costs and see where we are with the players available to us then.

Browney7 wrote: »
    It's disappointing but not surprising. No silver linings from this I'm afraid.

Outclassed all over the field. Too many times were Dublin able to put it in on a plate for Dotsy O'Callaghan and McCrabbe leaving our backs cruelly exposed. Just another page added to the miserable saga that has been Limerick hurling for the last 10 years. It was obvious Dublin were up for it. They just blew us away in midfield. I feel sorry for the lads playing today. They aren't as bad as that.

getting rid of Justin will change sweet F.A at this stage. Bringing back the lads from last year will have no effect. Whip out the footballs lads.
    The current saga trumps anything thats ever happened to Limerick hurling. And we do need our '09 team back btw, today highlights that fact. Justin has to go before he drags us down to Division 3. :rolleyes:

If things stay the same, then that Limerick team will struggle in Division 2, I can't see Carlow and Laois taking any Limerick team for granted.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Pappy o' daniel

I think Justin was right and the players were wrong, but looking at it pragmatically, Justin must go. To have a tradional hurling county beaten in such a manner, damages hurling in all counties, not just limerick. And its only going to get worse. The issue is beyond who is right and wrong, the future of Limerick hurling is at stake.

I think Justin was right and the players were wrong, but looking at it pragmatically, Justin must go. To have a tradional hurling county beaten in such a manner, damages hurling in all counties, not just limerick. And its only going to get worse. The issue is beyond who is right and wrong, the future of Limerick hurling is at stake.

Pragmatists (cough me cough) have been saying this for months, its not worth being right when being right is actually the destructive option.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 63 ✭✭big toenails

This is exactly the way I feel. Supported Justin all the way but he's got to go now.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,880 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

It would be great for Limerick had they won and stayed up. Even with last years squad they might still have been relegated. What now? With more training and challenge matches they might put up a reasonable performance in the qualifiers, depending on the draw. I would love to see the current squad get the chance to progress over the next 12 months as I do believe by the time the league comes around again they would be more of a team and could survive in Div.2, afterall they are better than todays scoreline would suggest. By that stage I'm sure some of the striking player will have retired and maybe a few of the younger ones might return. Wishful thinking?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 redcat

Wake up and smell the Roses! Justin has to go,hes not wanted,the only reason hes there is to get one over on the players,the totally wrong reason! The only reason a manager should be kept on is because hes getting the results.He has failed miserably and the county board are still content to pay him to stay on. Sorry guys no matter how good a coach Justin might be,annihiliations and utimate relegation for a proud Hurling County as happened today is too high a price to pay.

The players may not be totally right in their stance,but lets admit it they are the ones who must work with the trainer at the end of the day,Two county panels cant be all wrong.

I have no personal gripe with Justin,I dont know the man,all I know is,he must realise he is doing absolutely nothing for Limerick Hurling now,and should walk away of his own accord before hes ousted.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement