Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*Limerick GAA news/discussion thread*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Thinkstoomuch

True Allen didnt miss the frees, however he did select a free taker who has missed easy frees in the county final last year, in the tipp match and against cork in the final. It was flagged here about a million times by myself and fireball that both Allis and dowling were better options. What happened yesterday was entirely predictable.....the fault is with the management. Dowling is plenty fit for county hurling and has been for months, yes he was unfit earlier in the year but now he's fine.

There needs to be a widening of the squad over the winter, if doon have a CB he should be looked at. Hannon and Dowling at 10,12 next year. Tomas Ryan looks a fine hurler, maybe pick up one or two from the minors, make a decision at 11, and 14.

Glass is half full.

I totally agree,Paddy and im not even a limerick man,but its crazy dowling never got game time.A lot of limerick fans,thought allen was doing a great job,and untouchable.

In fairness,you raised concerns about the team midweek.I have been and fully justified ,questioned allen tactial nous all long,and didnt set on the fence.A great man manager,but fails to read a game,and isnt radical enough to change things.

By all accounts,he will be offered a new term.A golden oppurtinty was lost yesterday.I cant C,how ye can win next year,when Cork,tipp,clare,kilkenny will all improve and waterford depending who they get as a manager.

I cant C,much improvement next year under him.Id love to be wrong,as i have a soft spot for limerick and cheered ye on yesterday.

Ye have nash and lynch,2 great minors for the future.

Rightwing wrote: »
    I think this is 1 that got away, 40 yrs since we last won, I thought we had every chance. Haven't been as disappointed about losing a match in years.

A golden oppurinty to even get to a final was lost.Clare are a young team,and will be around for a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭relaxed

Its not that long ago Limerick conceded 6-19 in a semi final in Croke park.

Things are not that bad.

The back door and a few wins on the road next year might suit better.

2 games in Limerick then a 5 week break before the first game in Croke Park is not the ideal route to having a crack at an all Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Box clever

Can't believe the negativity towards a manager who delivered some much needed silverware, to put the whole blame on manager is ridiculous. What limerick lacked most of all is confidence, the occasion completely got to them, I don't know how you train that.

Thinkstoomuch who would you have as a realistic manager if Allen goes?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

honestly found yesterday one of the hardest matches ive ever had to watch. gutted doesnt even come close like.
    Clare were evidently the better team but jesus, it's not as if clare are any better a team than limerick at the same time (not a sour comment whatsoever.. just i reaally felt both teams were on equal terms, and i still do). Those frees hannon missed at the start really could have brought us within touching distance, also tied with the missed goal chance,.. and just.. all those wides. those easy easy wides.

The occasion obviously affected them way more than it affected clare. got about 5 texts during the match "yer man hannon is shaking like a leaf" from different people. Felt really sorry for him but also especially for seanie :( he obviously wasn't at the peak of his game after coming back (one could say, maybe even rushed back) from that foot injury.
    And then tony kelly was just cleaning us out and donnellan was clearing way too much ball for comfort and i could honestly feel the frustration of niall moran when he lashed out. like it was just heartbreaking to watch.

Although one thing that really pisses me off is the amount of abuse hannon got after the match. Ok, he had a poor enough game (happens to the best..) but people actually blaming him alone for losing the match. Some supporters would want to cop the fcuk on and get a grip and maybe jump off the bandwagon. This is the lad who scored the sucker punch goal against clare to get us out in front last year to go on and win the match. he scored the point that kinda sealed it for us against tipperary this year. He's also the man of the match who ran riot in croker a few months ago against dublin in the league. He's scored some unreal sideline points and saved our ass against many a team in the last few years, be it at minor, 21s or senior level.
    Like tbh, I thought his season overall was abit overrated and I didn't think he was playing as well as the media or some people were portraying but some auld one was on the luas yesterday mouthin about how he lost us the match and i was just like "are you actually fcukin serious like?" and she wasnt the only one either.

Sorry for the rant but it was just something that really kinda narked at me and im still sickened over that hawkeye thing with regards the minors too.
    Also everyones talking about the cian lynch point but does anyone know if that point (by nash i think, in the 2nd half) was over or a miss, for definite? cause from where i was, it looked over but hawkeye said it was a miss but i swear lads, it looked sooo over.

It's been a good year nonetheless. And if you told me when we drew tipperary back in october that I'd have gotten to see Limerick win munster in both minor and senior for the first time in my life, i wouldnt have believed you. it's been a good year. a bad day. but a fantastic year with great memories.

• Advertisement

Box clever wrote: »
    Can't believe the negativity towards a manager who delivered some much needed silverware, to put the whole blame on manager is ridiculous. What limerick lacked most of all is confidence, the occasion completely got to them, I don't know how you train that.

Thinkstoomuch who would you have as a realistic manager if Allen goes?

Its not just negativity,it must be looked at face value.

A manager instills confidence in a team.If a manager doesnt who does?
    I dont think that was the real problem,it was clare knew exactly how limerick would set up and knew to have the game won by the time the bench came on.

Limerick were way too predictable during the week.Has real progress been made?im nt sure.

The munster final win against an injury ravenged cork team,down horgan,cronin not fully fit,away from home ,was blown way out of proportion.The same mistakes against Dublin in the league were repeated again.

Whatever happens cork in the final,we have made progress,3 wins on the road so far,unearthed young talent and tactially a great management team.

Every team can be beaten,but it is when you make the same poor mistakes made is what is frustrating.

Donal og grady,but thats a non runner.Ger cunnigham of cork .Unlikey,but if cork won the all ireland ,he may leave,as i know for a fact he would love intercounty management.JBM will be offered another two year term,in october,on top of hes one year left.So the cork job is out of bounds.

Donal Og Cusack,would be worth a thought.

Ger cunnigham of Ul.A great hurling coach,superb with newtownshandrum.

Limerick have talented hurlers,and a strong spine,at full back,cb,midfield,cf and full forward with the right players.

Their not that far away at all.But they havent improved.Cork under Jbm,player for player,were inferior to limerick in some positions at the start of the year.

But cork have improved and will continue to do so win or loose the all ireland.

Will limerick reach another level under allen?im not so sure.

Talking to some in limerick today,they are upset by the management calls and by staying on the field at h time.That was baffling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

Allen is considering his future:

The Corkman's two-year term as Limerick boss is now officially at an end and he will take some time out to mull over his managerial future in the coming days and weeks.

"I initially agreed to two years, so I will talk to the County Board over the next few weeks now and we will discuss that," explained Allen, who guided Limerick to their first Munster senior crown since 1996.

Pressed on whether he would like to remain in charge, he admitted: "I am not sure really what I'll do. I don't know is the answer. The board might say to me: 'Sorry John, your time is up'. It's something over the next few weeks we will discuss."

I think limerick have greatly improved in 3years, I think it is the expectation which people demand after a sniff of success, that sets this team up for a fall.

They had the chances, they gave Clare a lot of scores from errors. Seamus hickey was a massive loss. 4 missed frees in first half and flukey goal were difference at end of game. I don't want to lay blame on individuals, win together lose together. Limerick need continuity, they have been improving steadily, I think it's a massive gamble to change it up now.

I'd be interested to see how do you counteract this Clare system. Go man for man? Man mark Kelly and Collins? They look v hard to beat when they click.

And I'm not saying limerick were better team, not at all, but they could have been much closer, and could have gained confidence as game went on. Kelly and Collins are different class tho, superb players, and as we have seen all year a solid free taker is a huge advantage.

Allen is considering his future:

The Corkman's two-year term as Limerick boss is now officially at an end and he will take some time out to mull over his managerial future in the coming days and weeks.

"I initially agreed to two years, so I will talk to the County Board over the next few weeks now and we will discuss that," explained Allen, who guided Limerick to their first Munster senior crown since 1996.

Pressed on whether he would like to remain in charge, he admitted: "I am not sure really what I'll do. I don't know is the answer. The board might say to me: 'Sorry John, your time is up'. It's something over the next few weeks we will discuss."

It be interesting to see what happens.If he does go,would dublin and waterford want him as a manager?

Daly could leave dublin.

What do you think he should do?

• Advertisement

It be interesting to see what happens.If he does go,would dublin and waterford want him as a manager?

Daly could leave dublin.

What do you think he should do?

I think he should go, but he has done well for us. All Limk fans would admit that. Bringing us to the next level could be beyond him. If he leaves, I can't see him go anywhere else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭yomtea98

I think he will stay for 1 more year

I think he should go, but he has done well for us. All Limk fans would admit that. Bringing us to the next level could be beyond him. If he leaves, I can't see him go anywhere else.

I agree he done well,in terms of unity,discipline,a team together and man managenment second to none.

But to devise a game plan.implement it,change when it needs to be,be radical ,and read and adapt to a games flow and have a plan B, he falls short .

Who would you take as next manager?have ye money to spend.

Newtowmshandrum got beaten ,and rumour is the sparrow could be on hes way out.

He would be linked to limerick as he won with adare,but id have my doubts with him at ic level.If allen goes,hes bound to be linked to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭Browney7

I think the defeat yesterday will set us back hugely. I've never taken a defeat as badly. I was devastated. The feeling that we'll never win the all Ireland just won't go away. The loss yesterday wasn't the losing of a semi - to me it was the losing of our best chance since 96 of winning an all Ireland. We must have something in our physce that just won't go away.

People saying we lost the run of ourselves - as supporters we have to be positive in the run up to games and be confident and to believe we'd win. The media hype was too much alright but as a collective group of supporters we need to start going to matches believing and expecting we are going to win as opposed to going to games in case we win.

I'm very fearful for the next year. I can't see us bringing the same intensity and the players may start to doubt. I fear that the defeat of yesterday will ruin the young players we have. The lingering doubt that they will forever blow it when it really matters.

I don't think yesterday was John Allen's fault. I don't buy the tactics argument. Our full back line was solid and the goal was a freak. The damage came from out the field. Clarke were just scoring everything. Nothing was going wide.

We still scored 18 points playing pretty poor stuff. As I said he didn't miss the easy frees or concede the stupid goal but I do accept the arguments that Dowling should have been on from the start for frees. We have to trust the management here though. They are working with the players day in day out and they know deep down whether they think Dowling can last the 70. He's a supremely talented player and he can just drive the team on. I really think we should look to build a team around him.

We just looked so nervous in the warm up and I'd say Davy and Clare could smell the fear. I said to my dad that we were dropping everything and looked to be petrified.

Browney7 wrote: »
    I think the defeat yesterday will set us back hugely. I've never taken a defeat as badly. I was devastated. The feeling that we'll never win the all Ireland just won't go away. The loss yesterday wasn't the losing of a semi - to me it was the losing of our best chance since 96 of winning an all Ireland. We must have something in our physce that just won't go away.

People saying we lost the run of ourselves - as supporters we have to be positive in the run up to games and be confident and to believe we'd win. The media hype was too much alright but as a collective group of supporters we need to start going to matches believing and expecting we are going to win as opposed to going to games in case we win.

I'm very fearful for the next year. I can't see us bringing the same intensity and the players may start to doubt. I fear that the defeat of yesterday will ruin the young players we have. The lingering doubt that they will forever blow it when it really matters.

I don't think yesterday was John Allen's fault. I don't buy the tactics argument. Our full back line was solid and the goal was a freak. The damage came from out the field. Clarke were just scoring everything. Nothing was going wide.

We still scored 18 points playing pretty poor stuff. As I said he didn't miss the easy frees or concede the stupid goal but I do accept the arguments that Dowling should have been on from the start for frees. We have to trust the management here though. They are working with the players day in day out and they know deep down whether they think Dowling can last the 70. He's a supremely talented player and he can just drive the team on. I really think we should look to build a team around him.

We just looked so nervous in the warm up and I'd say Davy and Clare could smell the fear. I said to my dad that we were dropping everything and looked to be petrified.

That's bad, well spotted. I wasn't impressed with our warm up in the munster final either. Well done for going to the match, I've given up on going to dublin.

Although one thing that really pisses me off is the amount of abuse hannon got after the match. Ok, he had a poor enough game (happens to the best..) but people actually blaming him alone for losing the match. Some supporters would want to cop the fcuk on and get a grip and maybe jump off the bandwagon. This is the lad who scored the sucker punch goal against clare to get us out in front last year to go on and win the match. he scored the point that kinda sealed it for us against tipperary this year. He's also the man of the match who ran riot in croker a few months ago against dublin in the league. He's scored some unreal sideline points and saved our ass against many a team in the last few years, be it at minor, 21s or senior level.
    Like tbh, I thought his season overall was abit overrated and I didn't think he was playing as well as the media or some people were port

Sorry for the rant but it was just something that really kinda narked at me and im still sickened over that hawkeye thing with regards the minors too.
    Also everyones talking about the cian lynch point but does anyone know if that point (by nash i think, in the 2nd half) was over or a miss, for definite? cause from where i was, it looked over but hawkeye said it was a miss but i swear lads, it looked sooo over.

It's been a good year nonetheless. And if you told me when we drew tipperary back in october that I'd have gotten to see Limerick win munster in both minor and senior for the first time in my life, i wouldnt have believed you. it's been a good year. a bad day. but a fantastic year with great memories.

It was wide soccy. Was in 704 in upper Cusack and felt twas clearly wide. Joe quaid beside me said the same and sure you know Goalkeepers would never tell a lie!!!

It was wide soccy. Was in 704 in upper Cusack and felt twas clearly wide. Joe quaid beside me said the same and sure you know Goalkeepers would never tell a lie!!!

Galway minor manager said he couldn't believe hawkeye came u with a miss.

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭glasagusban

Geez, wouldnt be too sure at all about Downes from what I have seen of him recently. But then, you are probably more up to speed with his form at the moment than me! Didnt think he was great at all today when he came on.
    Came on for 5 and quickly won a ball and fired it over the bar. Needs to start.

Galway minor manager said he couldn't believe hawkeye came u with a miss.

Sorry I meant the one in the second half. I'm on Mobile so twas hard to quote soccys post properly. The second Hawkeye decision was correct but it took ages in the stadium to generate a decision.

Sorry I meant the one in the second half. I'm on Mobile so twas hard to quote soccys post properly. The second Hawkeye decision was correct but it took ages in the stadium to generate a decision.

There was only 1 hawkeye, they scrapped it then after that.

• Advertisement

Classic Limerick season, two steps forward and one step back.

Allen learned last year that we needed a bench to close out a game, but the rather obvious counterpoint to our keeping players in reserve tactic of "what happens if we're 7 points down at half time before they come in?" was really hammered home yesterday.

A lot of the potential weaknesses in the team that posters saw early in the season hit home yesterday. Half back and full forward lines were weaknesses. Wayne Mc was there to be targeted by a pacey player and despite some good play he was exposed yesterday -he is a similar player to Bugler and should be left on the wing where he can dominate and is less likely to be exposed. Our full forward line did not make much change all year, hannon is a half forward, not an inside forward and Tobin and Mulcahy are too small for a two man inside line. I thought we might see the tactic of the two man ff line come good in croke park with a bit more space but Clare's sweeper put paid to that.

I genuinely don't think we are as bad as we looked yesterday but we need to see a bit of evolution if we are going have any kick next year. Pick our best players in their best positions and develop how we play to suit that. We need to add about 5 players to the team, and they will probably turn out to be the players we've kept on the bench all year. We need to turn to some of the youth and trust them.

Our full back line is solid, I'd probably add Dempsey in there, to freshen the team up and inject some youth. We have two good wing backs in Wayne and GOM (maybe our best player yesterday) we need a centre back. I was surprised O'Grady was switched to 5 rather than 6 in the game. Who knows if he'll stay or go, he's our oldest player but looks to have plenty in him yet. Probably our best candidate for 6 now looks to be ****ed with a cruciate injury, when back fit Hickey needs to but put back half back or midfield. O'Brien had a great season and needs to be put midfield. Up front Hannon should be put centre forward and let develop there, that's his long term home. Downes has to start (and was actually ready to play yesterday so why did Allen bring Ryan and Moran on ahead of him???). Dowling has to start, **** this not fit **** he was fit enough two years ago to start and if he needs to be subbed at 50 or 60 so be it, I hope we see a reaction from him next season.

We are probably still short a couple players. Maybe Quaid outfield needs another look. O'Connell might come in but I've seen nothing from the 21s team to suggest there are young players there bursting to come through, untill you look back a dew more years to the two Lynches at minor, that's not promising. Maybe there's a couple round the county to come back in. James O'Brien isn't flying it this year but he's just back from injury, on what he showed when Na P won munster though he needs another look. Robbie Egan didn't impress for the 21s this but is another with potential. Doon look to have a few players that should be on the panel.

After all that I hope Allen stays. Maybe add a selector to freshen the viewpoint. We have the worst record for picking managers and there are no obvious replacement candidates within the county, bar maybe Kirby. Dublin have benefited from sticking with Daly and we should do likewise. Changing manager now would disrupt the start to next year and Allen has done enough to deserve another shot at it if he wants it.

Classic Limerick season, two steps forward and one step back.

Allen learned last year that we needed a bench to close out a game, but the rather obvious counterpoint to our keeping players in reserve tactic of "what happens if we're 7 points down at half time before they come in?" was really hammered home yesterday.

A lot of the potential weaknesses in the team that posters saw early in the season hit home yesterday. Half back and full forward lines were weaknesses. Wayne Mc was there to be targeted by a pacey player and despite some good play he was exposed yesterday -he is a similar player to Bugler and should be left on the wing where he can dominate and is less likely to be exposed. Our full forward line did not make much change all year, hannon is a half forward, not an inside forward and Tobin and Mulcahy are too small for a two man inside line. I thought we might see the tactic of the two man ff line come good in croke park with a bit more space but Clare's sweeper put paid to that.

I genuinely don't think we are as bad as we looked yesterday but we need to see a bit of evolution if we are going have any kick next year. Pick our best players in their best positions and develop how we play to suit that. We need to add about 5 players to the team, and they will probably turn out to be the players we've kept on the bench all year. We need to turn to some of the youth and trust them.

Our full back line is solid, I'd probably add Dempsey in there, to freshen the team up and inject some youth. We have two good wing backs in Wayne and GOM (maybe our best player yesterday) we need a centre back. I was surprised O'Grady was switched to 5 rather than 6 in the game. Who knows if he'll stay or go, he's our oldest player but looks to have plenty in him yet. Probably our best candidate for 6 now looks to be ****ed with a cruciate injury, when back fit Hickey needs to but put back half back or midfield. O'Brien had a great season and needs to be put midfield. Up front Hannon should be put centre forward and let develop there, that's his long term home. Downes has to start (and was actually ready to play yesterday so why did Allen bring Ryan and Moran on ahead of him???). Dowling has to start, **** this not fit **** he was fit enough two years ago to start and if he needs to be subbed at 50 or 60 so be it, I hope we see a reaction from him next season.

We are probably still short a couple players. Maybe Quaid outfield needs another look. O'Connell might come in but I've seen nothing from the 21s team to suggest there are young players there bursting to come through, untill you look back a dew more years to the two Lynches at minor, that's not promising. Maybe there's a couple round the county to come back in. James O'Brien isn't flying it this year but he's just back from injury, on what he showed when Na P won munster though he needs another look. Robbie Egan didn't impress for the 21s this but is another with potential. Doon look to have a few players that should be on the panel.

After all that I hope Allen stays. Maybe add a selector to freshen the viewpoint. We have the worst record for picking managers and there are no obvious replacement candidates within the county, bar maybe Kirby. Dublin have benefited from sticking with Daly and we should do likewise. Changing manager now would disrupt the start to next year and Allen has done enough to deserve another shot at it if he wants it.

Good post. What are kiely and these other selectors like ?

I agree we are nowhere near as bad as we looked yesterday, if we put that shift in v KK we'd have lost by 20+ points.

it will if ye allow it to happen.But ye dont have to and can write yere own history.

Your destiny is not about the chances you take,but rather the choices you make.
    Dont take a chance with allen for another term,when ye had it all going for ye ,and coudnt beat a younger clare team.
    Make the right choice,say thanks for everything John,but get the right man in charge,as the player will need a fresh voice now,as will they truly believe they can go further with him.?

Clare will be around for a while,tippereary at least have a munster in them,Cork will be very strong next year,so munster will be tough.

And ye wont have cork and tipp at home either.

Ye need to take the emotion out of the munster final win and look at each game on its merits.Ye beat tipp,but the team could have been improved on from it,bv did not.

Cork had no full back against ye,but he failed to start downes when honan had caused mcdonnell great problems in the air.Downes would have roasted mcdonnell.

Hannon was never a full forward.And he had to drop to the half forward line to get scores.Rob peter to pay Paul,it was.It was always going to run its course.

Hickey wouldnt have made any difference yesterday as he cant score proflic wise.

Ye already had,ryan ,breen in their,ye didnt need another work horse their.The balance was all wrong and this was evident since the start of may.

A blind eye was turned.Were winning matches,doesnt mean all is fine.
    The warning signs were there,and ignored.
    When cork and clare lost this year,both managers learned more from the defeats than allen learned in hes victorys.

A crossroads for limerick now,but if ye are brave,bold enough to make the right calls ye can reach the promised land.

You are fairly duking the stats there on the full back lines! Limerick "should have" conceded three goals so cork have conceded less!? What about O'Neill should have been sent off v kk and I can't believe he wasn't cited and suspended after? And what about Dublin "should have" had one goal at a minimum if not two? Ryan O'Dwyer should have buried his chance but blasted it straight at Nash who made a routine save that any goalie would have made.

Paudie O'Brien made a hero of Maher by hitting high ball to him and two balls directly to maher in space, which breen got the blame for. POB cut that out in the cork game which shows we are learning from mistakes at least. James Ryan generally scores a point or two from midfield, hitting three will do his confidence good and ill expect two points from him v Clare. Hickey is essentially playing as an extra half back, and as a half forward on our own puck outs. He caught puck outs, and also wasn't awarded two clear frees on the 45 v cork when fouled having beaten his man twice. On rewatching our two games I have been hugely impressed with him.

I see your point on our not having natural scorers there but it's a bit of a contradiction because that line isn't picked for scoring power and our game plan only works because of the players picked there denying the opposition any platform from half back, creating space in front and closing space at the back, winning frees for Hannon to tap over, and chipping in with the odd score.

Like fireball my concern is our half back line, but if there are big problems there we have the option of moving o'brien to his best position of midfield and O'Grady back to wing or centre back.

You didnt have any Great concerns about the lack of scoring power last week in the half forward line.Isn't hindsight great.

It was clear as day ,that limerick wouldnt score enough here.
    clare had a half forward line that won as much ball as limerick,but unlike limerick are natural scorers.

You ,failed ,with all due repect ,to see their was huge,weak spots in this limerick team ,and thought everything was fine.
    I said that the cork game,showed up weakness in limerick and clare would be ready and waiting.

In truth,they could have easily won by more.Limerick never looked at any time,capable of winning the game.

Good post. What are kiely and these other selectors like ?

I agree we are nowhere near as bad as we looked yesterday, if we put that shift in v KK we'd have lost by 20+ points.

Oddly enough, kk wouldn't set up anything like Clare did and wouldn't expose us as much as Clare did with their use of space. We'd have probably done alright against kk.

I don't know much about our current selectors. When Allen took over it seemed Carey was in as a selector being groomed for the future managers job. That won't happen now and TJ and the 21s management don't look like being able to step up at any point.

I'd be impressed to see someone like Damien Quigley or maybe Ollie Moran brought in, they're a bit younger, have played at the highest level for limerick and are still playing club hurling so know what's out there in the county.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭deisedude

Limerick yesterday reminded me of Waterford in 2002 against Clare in the semi's. The nerves got to them and they just did not show up. Even when they came back in the game a bit at the start of the second half they were still making simple errors.

While I do think Allen is a good manager you have to question his tactics of leaving some of your better players on the bench. It works well when you need to push on in the closing minutes of a tight game but was feck all good when it looked as if Clare had the game won at half time yesterday.

I do sympathise with Limerick hurling folk but that team will be there or thereabouts for the next few years so keep flags flying

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭paddy no 11

The selectors definitely need adding to, some with a bit of tactical nous who can think on their feet.

Allen's post match interview didnt inspire, and the constant looking into the program looked like a man who was floundering. I'm ok with keeping him as manager but a selector/tactics man needs to be introduced.

You didnt have any Great concerns about the lack of scoring power last week in the half forward line.Isn't hindsight great.

It was clear as day ,that limerick wouldnt score enough here.
    clare had a half forward line that won as much ball as limerick,but unlike limerick are natural scorers.

You ,failed ,with all due repect ,to see their was huge,weak spots in this limerick team ,and thought everything was fine.
    I said that the cork game,showed up weakness in limerick and clare would be ready and waiting.

In truth,they could have easily won by more.Limerick never looked at any time,capable of winning the game.
    I sure didn't and still don't, the half forward line was not the losing of this game. No hindsight in operation, I only mentioned moving Hannon to half forward as that is where he can perform, not at full.

I have pointed out concerns about the half back line and full forward line all year long.

You are a very negative poster.

Oddly enough, kk wouldn't set up anything like Clare did and wouldn't expose us as much as Clare did with their use of space. We'd have probably done alright against kk.

I don't know much about our current selectors. When Allen took over it seemed Carey was in as a selector being groomed for the future managers job. That won't happen now and TJ and the 21s management don't look like being able to step up at any point.

I'd be impressed to see someone like Damien Quigley or maybe Ollie Moran brought in, they're a bit younger, have played at the highest level for limerick and are still playing club hurling so know what's out there in the county.

Good point. Some sort of shakeup is needed. They looked like stooges at half time.

• Advertisement

Didnt carey and correctly so, question allens preparation up to the tipp game last year and resign over it as a selector.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement