Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*Limerick GAA news/discussion thread*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Point in it, about 5 to go I think

Ballinacourty free-taker missed a handy free from 13m, lifeline for Drom!

2 quick points for them, Drom are now 3 points down, doubt they'll do it now.

And Ballinacourty win by 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Left it after us, ,too many wides

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭paddy no 11

Do drom go through anyway? as the other crowd are a merged club?

Are they?

They don't anyway, you can't compete in Munster if you're a divisional side, so the fact that they played today means they can progress.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

?? No they lost? What would be the point in the game if they just went through?

They're not a merged club either. It's Ballinacourty, and in hurling it's Abbeyside. How is Drom-Collogher/Broadford any different?

Ah ok

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭Quixoticelixer

No rumours/speculation at all about a new manager/potential candidates in the last week, the trail has gone cold.

I've a feeling they have switched their focus to a Limerick man, it's not often a county board speaks to an outside man without someone leaking it, we would have heard rumours.

I've a feeling ot might end up being TJ Ryan. He has a few friends in county board circles, there has been resistance to him from others in the county board, but at this (late) stage they don't appear to have many alternative choices.

TJ might work, but he is unproven, and it would be an appointment that would make some very unhappy, and would underwhem pretty much everyone else.

• Advertisement

Saw on the Limerick facebook page that Doon won a minor Munster hurling competition. Was run-off in a blitz format but still good to win, couple of very convincing scorelines!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=665975063433433&set=a.523558357675105.122150.459304844100457&type=1&theater

No rumours/speculation at all about a new manager/potential candidates in the last week, the trail has gone cold.

I've a feeling they have switched their focus to a Limerick man, it's not often a county board speaks to an outside man without someone leaking it, we would have heard rumours.

I've a feeling ot might end up being TJ Ryan. He has a few friends in county board circles, there has been resistance to him from others in the county board, but at this (late) stage they don't appear to have many alternative choices.

TJ might work, but he is unproven, and it would be an appointment that would make some very unhappy, and would underwhem pretty much everyone else.

Oh, and about this.

I have no idea what I'd be happy with at this stage tbh... I'm not even sure I'd have liked Cunningham + Cusack, which a lot of people seemed to have wanted.

A lot of people seem to want a Limerickman, and that's fine, if there's the right man available. But I'm not sure there is...... I would love TJ to be the man, he was a class player, and has done well enough as a manager, but the fact is that the 21s were very poor last year and had lots of talent in the squad... so I don't think he could be appointed.

I would have loved if someone like Kinnerk was involved...but personally, I don't mind where the manager is from as long as they give 100% to the task and are the right person to bring Limerick forward. We are at a critical stage in our development, we've won a Munster title, we've a very talented, young group of players... and if we get the best out of them, I think they have an All-Ireland in them.

I just hope they know what they're doing and get the right person in.

Fireball07 wrote: »
    A lot of people seem to want a Limerickman, and that's fine, if there's the right man available. But I'm not sure there is...... I would love TJ to be the man, he was a class player, and has done well enough as a manager, but the fact is that the 21s were very poor last year and had lots of talent in the squad... so I don't think he could be appointed.

I would have loved if someone like Kinnerk was involved...but personally, I don't mind where the manager is from as long as they give 100% to the task and are the right person to bring Limerick forward. We are at a critical stage in our development, we've won a Munster title, we've a very talented, young group of players... and if we get the best out of them, I think they have an All-Ireland in them.

I just hope they know what they're doing and get the right person in.
    I had wanted a Limerick man but the longer this goes on the less I care where the manager is from. The bit I've highlighted is probably exactly why TJ would not be the best choice right now, an inexperienced manager learning the ropes is not what we need right now.

Great to see Doon taking Munster honours, hopefully their Harty cup team will benefit from their progress in the next few months.

Tony Considine rumours doing the rounds now.....Anyone but him please

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

What happens now?Is there a vote with the clubs or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭thinkstoomuch1

sasta le wrote: »
    What happens now?Is there a vote with the clubs or what?

A five man committe i thought with two ex players on board.Who they pick,is the man.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

But do clubs have to nominate people?so whats the soonest a manager can be in place now

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

god this is embarassing, has jp completely pulled the plug or what :mad:

The way its going they will out do Sligo where the county with the longest wait of appointing a manager.

Limerick be able to train come Dec isnt it with the training ban,the clock is ticking.

Let the clock tick, dont hit the panic button and get the best we can.

A certain irony in the fact that it seems to be between considine and TJ.

• Advertisement

Let the clock tick, dont hit the panic button and get the best we can.

A certain irony in the fact that it seems to be between considine and TJ.
    Totally agree but surely someone has to be in place by December surely or unrest will set in.

League isnt far away now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Bring back Richie!! :D

Totally agree but surely someone has to be in place by December surely or unrest will set in.

League isnt far away now.

Yeah i agree, within reason, end of the month is fine for me.

Is kinnerk a runner lads, if we have a decent coach im not going to panic over a manager

Considine or TJ? Meh.

Tj done a fine job in a limited Kilworth team with only one stand out player.

However theres a big jump in a third grade,cork competition and senior ic standard.

I was very suprised how poor u21 looked.Id expected way more.He would want to have some background team of note to inspire confidence.

I do like him and rate him,bt nt sure hes Ic standard yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭glasagusban

Yeah i agree, within reason, end of the month is fine for me.

Is kinnerk a runner lads, if we have a decent coach im not going to panic over a manager

It doesn't look like it. If they pulled him out of the hat it would be a major coup. All the talk is of TJ, which is uninspiring. If they pulled out Donal Og Cusack I would be pleased, however he doesn't seem to have been mentioned apart from as a package with Cunningham.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭Grats

It doesn't look like it. If they pulled him out of the hat it would be a major coup. All the talk is of TJ, which is uninspiring. If they pulled out Donal Og Cusack I would be pleased, however he doesn't seem to have been mentioned apart from as a package with Cunningham.

What credentials does Cusack have? Still wonder why JBM dropped him.

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭glasagusban

Tj done a fine job in a limited Kilworth team with only one stand out player.

However theres a big jump in a third grade,cork competition and senior ic standard.

I was very suprised how poor u21 looked.Id expected way more.He would want to have some background team of note to inspire confidence.

I do like him and rate him,bt nt sure hes Ic standard yet.

Agree on the back room team. The 21s this year had a seriously strong panel but were very disappointing. The marquee players looked shadows of what they had been two years before (Dempsey aside) and players were picked out of position too. I don't know how you could put TJ in charge of the senior team after that.

Agree on the back room team. The 21s this year had a seriously strong panel but were very disappointing. The marquee players looked shadows of what they had been two years before (Dempsey aside) and players were picked out of position too. I don't know how you could put TJ in charge of the senior team after that.

Thats it in one.Derek mcgrath in waterford isnt popular but in fairness has put a top class coaching team together,maher and flannery with dan the man.
    A lovely balance their.

Tj with the same selectors as last year is only going to end in one way.

In cork they appointed a failed minor to u21 job,and with a selector from last year team at u21 level that were blown out the gate.Cork being so naive is expected at this stage ,and nothing new.

I hope limerick arent as naive.I couldnt c them appoint tj,thats my view.

• Advertisement

Ger Cunningham has officially resigned as Cork selector!!!!

Surely now...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement