Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Custom Ear Protection

Options
  • 03-03-2010 10:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Hi all,

I'm looking to get a new set of moulded ear plugs done. My other set are starting to wear badly (5 years old) and was wondering where is the best place to go. I'm not after the electronic set (like the Cens), just the passive type.

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭kay 9

Hi all,

I'm looking to get a new set of moulded ear plugs done. My other set are starting to wear badly (5 years old) and was wondering where is the best place to go. I'm not after the electronic set (like the Cens), just the passive type.

Thanks for your help.
    I didn't even know there was such a thing as moulded ear-plugs. Where you got the last set done? cheers...

• Registered Users Posts: 46 sporting shot

Last set was done in England. But I'd prefer to get them now rather than my next trip across.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

i got a guy to call out ,he came down to john lamberts and fitted about a dozen of us .

• Registered Users Posts: 46 sporting shot

Thanks for that JW,

Any idea where he was based?

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭zulu_dawn

i have a set of passive moulded ear plugs, got made up two years ago now.

Gar Fleming (cork based) 085 138 2208
    i meet him in pharmacy in Clonmel (on main street), he was there every fortnight.

nice guy, worth a call.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

Thanks for that JW,

Any idea where he was based?

he is a dublin lad , works there . but will travel if a few get together .

il look his no for you .

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Carlosthejakal

Funny that I was only thinking the same thing as you on Monday. I wanted hearing protection but dont have the money for the Cens Digital sets. i google it and found the Hearing Centre on Capel St Dublin do them.

Got a hearing test , ( just a note don't go for a hearing test the same day as shooting oops ) and a custom set of ear plugs are being made for me € 150 total I thought that was quite good. Any colour you like but he recommended yellow or red incase you drop them. I went with red.

Will be ready in two weeks.
    Let me know and i will post a pic and review when i get them, Would have loved the Cens but too expensive for my budget.

Carlos

Advertisement