Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VODAFONE LAND LINE

Options
  • 03-03-2010 10:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭

Hi enquiring for a friend. does anyone use vodafone as their landline providers? did everything work smoothly with the take over from eircom? did your bills reduce a lot ?
    thanks a lot

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭BrianJD

Hi Curley. We changed over recently. We haven't got a bill yet but we recieved a new Wireless Router which i think is actually working much quicker than my old eircom one. Bills are apparently meant to drop from 120-140 to 80 over 2 months. Overall, the change has been very smooth so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭DannyBuoy

VF providing landline and BB in a house I'm in regularly with no problems. Switch over was painless and bills are down as their bb is cheaper, and calls package is better. However Eircom is adapting to the competition with better deals than they had when they were screwing the country through their monopoly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

It's worth bearing in mind that Eircom never whinge if you go over your download allowance. You can't say the same about Vodafone or Upc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

cork45 wrote: »
    It's worth bearing in mind that Eircom never whinge if you go over your download allowance. You can't say the same about Vodafone or Upc.

Dunno 'bout that. I haven't been done by Vodafone yet for breaking my limit which I do most months.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

Switched over to VF, went smooth except they never notified me about updating the settings on my router, had to call their tech support but it only took 10 mins to resolve.

Price wise, VF are slightly cheaper but not majorly in my opinion, saving are minimal for us as we mainly just use them for BB, we don't use the house phone that much at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

thanks all. my friends bills are approx 150 every 2 nd month. she uses her BB only occasionally. checking mails and booking the odd flight etc. apparently she is being charged for 5 mgs when her line can only give her 3 ( sorry im not too up on it just trying to help her ) , this what what the guy in vodafone told her. we are also aware that the same guy will get comission if she switches. although he was nt super pushy. she would most def not be able to make router changes etc. she just need it to work when she goes to the computer ! i thought the bill seemed very high, as TBH her phone usage is small also.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

this is good to read as I'm in the middle of the switch over process from eircom to vodafone too.
    The savings may be minimal but at least I am happy knowing I'm not giving money to those eircom idiots anymore.
    I believe if you have a bill pay mobile contract with Vodafone then your bundle cost is less again, 5 euro less per month I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

we switched over to vodafone automagically under the bt switch.
    I find the vodafone bb great to be honest.
    the cap is much higher - plenty for what I use.
    contention and disconnects are minor inconveniences that a non-heavy bb user probably won't even notice.

I reckon the spend is down 10-15 euro a month, which is also handy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 tiger101

Hi,
    To all possible business users of vodafone, i switched to vodafone because they promised me the same service as eircom at cheaper rate. I have small business and i use call forwarding to my mobile. The problem is that when i use vodafone for the call forwarding the calling number comes up as unknown on my mobile, therefore i dont know who is calling and b)if i miss a call i have no way of knowing who tried to call, this is a disaster as i lose customers.

Very unsatisfied with this service.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

I switched over to VF back in late November. The change over was smooth enough but gamers beware VODAFONE DO NOT SUPPORT XBOX LIVE via a wirelessconnection. This can be gotten around quite easily using an ethernet cable or by other means if you must use wireless but it's not easy and requires getting onto a VF tech' assistant for a brief part. Main problem is actually getting through to a VF tech' assistant. Also, I've been experiencing a lot of downtime in short spurts. Bit of a pain in the ass overall.

They've only just taken over the service from BT so things might improve.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Reganovski

I'm living in Jacobs Island, Mahon and thinking about getting Vodafone for phone and broadband. I have them for mobile broadband but I find the connection up and down. (I think I have a faulty stick tho)
    Anyone got them for broadband? What is it like? And whats your overall experience with them like?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

I have VF land line for a couple of years now since it first came out. Was grand up to about a month ago. Now I have no bb connection after 7 at night. I am in the Rochestown area.

Having said that, it isn't their fault as they are just an Eircom reseller.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,511 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

i use Xbox live using a wireless connection and works fine. You might have to trick around with modem settings.
    They have a great package at moment, 48 euroa month for up to 8mb with a 120gb limit a month which is massive.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Reganovski

TheDriver wrote: »
    i use Xbox live using a wireless connection and works fine. You might have to trick around with modem settings.
    They have a great package at moment, 48 euroa month for up to 8mb with a 120gb limit a month which is massive.

Where abouts are you? And what sort of speed do you get?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

If you're serious about broadband get smart unbundled or cable!
    Vodafone's shockingly congested in Douglas and Carrigaline!

Advertisement