Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Easter Alternatives

Options
  • 03-03-2010 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭

Just going to throw out a random idea at you all. It popped into my head today and I haven't even thought it out yet

Would anybody be interested in renting out a hostel for a week and getting a heap of study done? We could all swap notes etc. aswell

It just came into my head when I was thinking of a youth group trip I was on a few years ago. We stayed in this deadly place in the middle of nowhere in Kerry. Rented out the whole place because it was so cheap. Had the place to ourselves :D

Obviously it'd make more sense to stay somewhere somewhat central. It'd be a nice alternative to those expensive revision courses, and personally I think it'd be more productive, with notes coming from loads of different sources! Could be cool for oral practice, too! We could work all day and party at night :D as Gaeilge!

Again, I haven't really thought this out at all, but there's no harm in throwing the idea out there. Do leave thoughts and concerns!

And, I imagine that people would have to be 18 :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Rossie17

It sounds nice in theory, but I imagine anyone who would agree to something like this from someone they dont know on an internet forum...well lets say they might not be the kind of people you had in mind:p

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Healium wrote: »

Could be cool for oral practice, too!

We could work all day and party at night :D
    I suspect those are the two bits which might worry parents ... >_>

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

I suspect those are the two bits which might worry parents ... >_>

:D

Ah feck it, we're 18 :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭Flecktarn

What a great idea!!! The oral aspect especially!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Teenagers? An otherwise empty hostel? Strangers from the internet? That's not a study group, that's a set up for a teen slasher movie!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭ciano1

Lawliet wrote: »
    Teenagers? An otherwise empty hostel? Strangers from the internet? That's not a study group, that's a set up for a teen slasher movie!

Or possibly an orgy!:p

Dont ya know that it would end up being a massive session with strangers;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

:rolleyes: I was just throwing out the idea. I'll be doing it with friends either way

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

ciano1 wrote: »
    Or possibly an orgy!:p
    I like ciano's idea better!
    I'll be doing it with friends either way
    Lucky you! :cool:

Ok, I'll behave now ... :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 635 ✭✭✭grrrrrrrrrr

Ya sure let us know where ye are staying!

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Epicness

It just came into my head when I was thinking of a youth group trip I was on a few years ago. We stayed in this deadly place in the middle of nowhere in Kerry. Rented out the whole place because it was so cheap. Had the place to ourselves :D

Lol where in kerry?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭whelpy

My bedroom is above the living room so that whenever the matches were on, i went to study in the car, beep beep!

I even went to the calving shed at one stage:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

It sounds like something that'll end up being one major pissup with zero study done by the end of it, sounds good. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Easter is going to be very tough this year because of the oral the week we go back to school and the additional study aswell.

Advertisement