Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sony sat nav touch screen problem

Options
  • 03-03-2010 10:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

hi . i have a sony u53 sat nav.it turns on to the "home" page(navigate,go home,search nearby etc.) but when i touch the screen to procede nothing happens.any suggestion please as to how to fix this...thanks...eamonn:confused:

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I'm not familar with that device. Does the manual give any instructions to preform a reset of factory default.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 EGMDOHERTY

koolkid wrote: »
    I'm not familar with. The device. Does the manual give any instructions to preform a reset of factory default.

Thanks Koolkid for the reply.Yes I have reset the sat but to no avail.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Have you tried a full factory default?
    How old is this device by the way?

koolkid wrote: »
    Have you tried a full factory default?
    How old is this device by the way?

i cant get into the system to default to factory settings as the touch screen wont work.The unit is about 4 years old.Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭Tope

Hi EGM,
    I've no solutions but just letting you know I have the same device (Sony NV-U53) and have been having the exact same problem lately. I switch it on and it goes to the main page but the touchscreen won't respond at all so have to give up on it. This has been happening on and off since December but now it's pretty much every time I turn it on. I've tried resetting it several times but doesn't make any difference.
    Came on here today to see if anyone could help but looks like you haven't had much luck so far. Must be a common fault with this model.
    If anyone out there can help that would be great, or does anyone know if Sony would fix it? Mine's over 2 years old so I suppose it's out of warranty, probably better off just buying a new one, in which case will probably avoid Sony next time!

• Advertisement

Hi Tope.
    I rang the local Sony centre and they advised me that it would cost as much as the price of a new one to repair.So my sat nav is now navigating in the local land fill site.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 GannetGO

Hi,

I had a cracked touch screen on my Garmin Nuvi 760 which I was being quoted €150 to get repaired in Ireland.

I have just used a UK centre who fixed it for €55 including return postal costs, and paid by PayPal. They seem to cover a lot of GPS manufacturers and will quote.

Their web site is at http://satnavrepairservice.com/

GannetGone

Thanks Gannet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 tastas

Hello gentlemen, I'm new here. early greetings to all. I have a little problem with the Sony nav-u53G. Looking for a touch screen for this model of GPS. Maybe someone knows where I can get. Service drops price exceeds the value. Sorry for my English.
    Apologies to the moderator.

Rgards Stan.icon12.gif

Advertisement