Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fiesta Scrappage?

• 03-03-2010 10:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

So i've been hearing a lot about how good the new fiesta's supposed to be and it got me thinking it might be a contender as a replacement car for my 2002 Nissan.

Now heres the problem, my car would not qualify for the scrappage scheme. But I have a relative who has a 99 reg. Would it work for her to scrap her car and buy the new fiesta with my money and then sign it over to me. I would also give her my old car.

Just wondering. Also wonder whether the petrol or the diesel is better.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

Yes, no problem with that at all. She'll just have to transfer ownership to you (and visa versa) when she receives the Vehicle Licensing Certificate. You should be getting the Fiesta Style 1.25 petrol for at least €12,600 under the scrappage scheme. The entry level Style model comes with alloy wheels as standard too. Not sure if the 1.25 petrol engine Style model comes with the 60bhp or the 82bhp engine btw. The diesels are more expensive, but not sure of the prices under the scrappage scheme, sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Boardwatcher

Hey Ollie thanks for that.

So it may well be a contender then. I will go and take one out for a spin on saturday when i am passing the ford dealers.

I used to have a 2002 1.25 zetec some years back. It was a nippy little car. I wonder if the current one is much the same performance wise. I will have to have a look at what equipment comes with what spec, as i am not a fan of base models. Prefer to pay a few extra quid for a few more toys!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Macca3000

I got quoted 14500 for 1.4TDCi fiesta, bluetooth, alloys, metallic paint and delivery, under the scrappage scheme in Ford Navan

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Macca3000 wrote: »
    I got quoted 14500 for 1.4TDCi fiesta, bluetooth, alloys, metallic paint and delivery, under the scrappage scheme in Ford Navan

Shop around. That same car can be had for €500 less.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

Hey Ollie thanks for that.

So it may well be a contender then. I will go and take one out for a spin on saturday when i am passing the ford dealers.

I used to have a 2002 1.25 zetec some years back. It was a nippy little car. I wonder if the current one is much the same performance wise. I will have to have a look at what equipment comes with what spec, as i am not a fan of base models. Prefer to pay a few extra quid for a few more toys!:)

Hi Boardwatcher,

Was your 2002 Fiesta the Mk IV or Mk V model? I'm not sure how the newer model would compare performance wise. But the newer model's 1.25 engine in the entry level Style model is actually the 82bhp engine.

There's an almost bewildering range of engines to choose from in the Fiesta range, but for us the best of the lot is the more powerful 1.25-litre unit. It's pokey enough and reasonably priced. Whatcar

The Fiesta I mentioned in my above post for €12,600 is the 5-Door 1.25 Style model, and this price includes delivery and met paint. I know someone that bought one at this price, so if one dealer can sell it for this price, then there's no reason why they all shouldn't. You might even be able to bring them down even more. There was quite a difference in prices by the dealers, so shop around. Best of luck with your test drive on Saturday.

Macca3000 wrote: »
    Shop around. That same car can be had for €500 less.

+1 for shopping around, especially with Ford dealers. So that would make the 1.4TDCi €1,400 more expensive than the 1.25 Style. Interesting info for the OP.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

I've driven a 2010 Fiesta Titanium 1.25. Huge refinement for the class. 82bhp engine is smooth and willing.

p.s. 1.6 Ti-VCT with 120bhp is excellent too :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

p.s. 1.6 Ti-VCT with 120bhp is excellent too :D

The Zetec-S is really tempting me, and its 139g/km co2 so it qualifies for scrappage. Seen a white one up north last week, looked very well. Do you know if Ford are offering the same discount on it as they are on the other models?

The list price is €17,550, only 300 more than the 5dr 1.25 titanium...

Cionád wrote: »
    The Zetec-S is really tempting me, and its 139g/km co2 so it qualifies for scrappage. Seen a white one up north last week, looked very well. Do you know if Ford are offering the same discount on it as they are on the other models?

The list price is €17,550, only 300 more than the 5dr 1.25 titanium...

I've no idea Cionad. You'd need to call a dealer to check.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

I know which engine I'd be having in my Feshty if the 1.6 is not that much dearer.

The 1.25 to be fair has a great reputation as well.

I know which engine I'd be having in my Feshty if the 1.6 is not that much dearer.

The 1.25 to be fair has a great reputation as well.

The 1.6 Ti-VCT has €156 annual road tax too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Boardwatcher

Thanks everyone for your input.

I will keep it in mind when visiting the dealer which i will do tomorrow.

My 2002 Fiesta which was the last of the 'old' model (as they were offering a discount before the new one came in that year) had the 1.25 zetec engine and was very peppy, perfectly adequate for my kind of motoring.:D

Advertisement