Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Same Antares - what to look out for

• 03-03-2010 11:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭

hi

what are the Same Antares 100 tractors like,
    brother in law is going to look at a 1994 one friday, is there anything to watch out for on these

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 373 ✭✭Ford4000

Mind the gearboxes make sure they select gears without grinding, they are a bit sticky and take a wee nudge to get them into gear this is normal, make sure there is no oil around any of the heads and listen for hisses as this could mean the copper gasket ring needs replaced, not a big job but youd rather not, check the hitch bolts as these could loosen and damage casings underneath, check all electrics work especially the wiper a new motor is a bloody fortune, apart from that give er a good look over, it should have good power and in my opinion a great buy if u get a good one !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

They're a good reliable tractor. I drove different Antares 110's for a contractor for years. There are a couple of things to look out for:

- excessive wear in the gear levers - if she was abused, you'll have it andits better to stay away.

- High low switch - if there is one on the gear lever, make sure its working.

- Pick Up hitch - they came with very poor hitches from new. Many were replaced with dromone. Just make sure its ok.

- Electronic Throttle and electronic controls for lift - best advice is to stay away from it if it is all electronics. They have a lot of problems with sensors.
    If its manual, it'll be 100%.

They are a great tractor. Tough and reliable. Easy to repair if there are any problems. Have heard that a Same Engine is good for at least 15,000 hours if it is serviced regularly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭kincaid

tractor is the 100 he says and it is suppose to be 100% mechanical wise with 8100 but needs slight paintwork. tyres 30% all round.. manual lifts..
    roughly whats this tractor worth?

kincaid wrote: »
    tractor is the 100 he says and it is suppose to be 100% mechanical wise with 8100 but needs slight paintwork. tyres 30% all round.. manual lifts..
    roughly whats this tractor worth?

Its worth between €7k and €9k depending on how good of shape it is in. There are loads of Antares out there that have lower hours, good tyres and good paint work for €11 to €12k.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭kincaid

he was looking €5800 but sold now:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 373 ✭✭Ford4000

I wouldnt be too angry, at that money i think its a bit too cheap, i sense a tatty one with bad tyres, i sold a lamborghini 90 turbo about 8months ago needin a wee tidy up very little really but it had near new tyres and i got 8500 for it !

I agree, look at farm and plant and done deal and it will give you an idea of the going prices. It was very cheap at that. You could have been in line for becoming your mechanic's best friend if you bought it!!

Advertisement