Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pension queery

Options
  • 03-03-2010 11:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭

i have a private pension that i have not contributed in about 5 or so years. is there any way i can cancel it and get back what i have contributed or whats lef in it?

I heard if i transfer my pension to another company will the new company pay it out to me. i'm currently unemployed i could do with the few bob thats in it.

Is there any way possible i could get it?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Pablo Sanchez

If its a personal pension fund it can be transfered to another PPP or a PRSA. It cannot be transfered to a occupational pension scheme (PRSA's can be transfered so you could go the long way around it and transfer it to a PRSA and then into any future occupational pension scheme)

You can draw on it at age 60 or earlier on ill health early retirement.

Thats about it, im afraid you cant raid the cookie jar!

Advertisement